July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

https://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/keyval/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150709_072517.jpg

And meeting her big sister

https://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/keyval/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150708_212924.jpg

Aww she is so adorable! Congrats! So cute having sister meeting sister, I bet that was so exciting! I can't wait for that moment myself:happydance:

Congratulations wishing :happydance:

Alea - lovely to hear Maisie is making good progress. Hope you get to bring her home soon!

Livvy - hope they do something to help :)

Afm - we're struggling for childcare for dd next mon & tues. Kinda hoping I can wait it out now until my sweep on Wednesday.... And that the sweep actually does the trick. I've totally lost all my nesting urges, I'm just exhausted & could sleep all the time!

A www beautiful babies <3

Hugs kath xx

Keyval- She is absolutely precious/beautiful!

Rach- Yay! I hope this is the start of labor for you!

Livvy- I am so glad you went in, I hope they do something for you!

Babyv- were you the one that they were wondering about the kidney? How is everything going with that?

Medzi- Did you have the echo done again for baby?

Alea- So glad to hear things are progressing for your baby! :) Hope she comes home soon!

All these cute babies make me want to me want to meet my son !

I am TERM now! YAY 37 weeks :)

I have been having random cramping/BH but not regularly. 14 days to go!

Yay, so many new babies! Congratulations Babyv, Keyval & Wishing! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Best of luck today Livvy & Rach. I hope this is it for you two! :)

So my contractions were coming 4-6 minutes apart and I was up to 2 cm from 1 on Tuesday. They said it's early labor but to keep trying to labor at home till I'm at least 3-4 cm. this is torture! They did give me some medicine to help me relax though, and so I just took a 3 hour nap (which I needed after last night). I'm so tired and don't know how I'm going to make it through this early labor, much less active labor!

:hugs: livvy. I think that things like that nap help. It will of relaxed you for a while, so
That will help things progress x

I agree... Being able to relax should help so your body isn't tensing up Livvy :hugs: hoping it picks up pace and that your little one is here in the next day or so!!! :hugs:

I am glad you could sleep a bit Livvy. It is indeed very important that you can relax, like the ladies said it already.
I hope progress will pick up soon for you!

Relaxation is so important during early labor! Rest as much as you can, take warm soothing baths, listen to soothing music, anything to get your body to relax and not be tense.

Thanks ladies. I am trying to relax but it is very difficult when in pain. My muscles are sore from tensing up during contractions. Trying not to fight my body.

Thanks ladies. I am trying to relax but it is very difficult when in pain. My muscles are sore from tensing up during contractions. Trying not to fight my body.

Gosh I am so sorry :( How awful :( What did they give you to help you relax?

Is it normal once contractions are regular to have some that are worse than others? About every other of mine are really painful. The ones inbetween are bearable.

So my contractions were coming 4-6 minutes apart and I was up to 2 cm from 1 on Tuesday. They said it's early labor but to keep trying to labor at home till I'm at least 3-4 cm. this is torture! They did give me some medicine to help me relax though, and so I just took a 3 hour nap (which I needed after last night). I'm so tired and don't know how I'm going to make it through this early labor, much less active labor!

I totally feel ya on the torture. I've been having severe contraction every 3.5 minutes since Monday and haven't made any progress. They won't give me anything for the pain though aside from a small bit of morphine to help me get some rest (only slept a total of 6 hours in the past 7 days)

Hey Livvy! You may find that by the time you go onto the labour ward, you are further on than you expect or you progress quickly. It sounds lime your body is doing a lot of hard work just now and it is probably the cervix displaying and getting thinner. When I went in to labour with my second son, my contractions were intense - they measured me and said 4cm and that although the contractions were strong, they were not lasting long. Within an hour, they were double peaking and I had dilated up to 10cm. Three pushes in under 10 minutes and he was out - all in under an hour! So have faith, you may find that you go quickly in the second stage.

The girls are right about trying not to tense up (difficult I know!). During primitive times our bodies would release adrenaline (the flight or or fight reaction) if we felt in danger or not safe during labour. The adrenaline boost would slow down labour to enable us to find a safe spot to give birth in. Try loosening your hands and jaw if you feel yourself tensing up. Breathing techniques are good too - you could probably find some tips on hypnobirthing websites.

Good luck!

After being sent home on the 9th at 8pm being only 1.5cm dilated, I spent from 2am on with real back labor pains. Went to the hospital at 11am and was 5cm dilated. Baby boy now known as Riddick was born at 5:44pm...on his due date. 40 minutes of pushing! 7lbs 9oz.

Apparently I have flat nipples so feeding has been a challenge. He would rather sleep than feed. Open to suggestions!

Attachments

• 2015-07-11 05.50.52.jpg
    2015-07-11 05.50.52.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 9
Congratulations Ms Elizabeth! He's beautiful!

I have short nipples and breastfeeding was also a challenge. One thing the lactation consultant suggested is a nipple shield which helps pull your nipple out and funnel the milk to the baby. Also, pumping should help pull your nipples out as well. Another thing that worked for me is to manually extract the first few drops by pulling and massaging the nipples, which should help push them out a little. Best of luck!

Ms Elizabeth I've flat nipples too. I never BF my first two and with my fourth the mw shouted at me that my nipples were flat and it was always going to be hard. In my head this meant impossible so our BF journey was short lived. This time I just kept offering him every two hours night and day, no nipple shields or pumping. He was very sleepy too (that's normal just keep waking him for feeds). He only lost a few ounces of his birth weight. And now my nipples certainly aren't flat :haha:

He is such a beautiful boy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->