• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Congratulations on the newest arrivals. I hope you're all doing well.

Maisie is a month old now which is hard to believe. Even stranger to think she's still not due for another week!

Ps. I was team yellow and had a girl.

I am getting so depressed. Having contractions for well over a month, went to OB screening due tonintensity and there has still been no change. Still at 50% effacement, a fingertip dilated and -3 station. Things literally haven't changed in 3 weeks. Tried the morphine sleep and got a solid 45 minutes in before the nurse woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep. What a waste of time that was and our final option. Looks like I'm doomed to spend eternity miserably awake.

Jrepp - so sorry you're still struggling. Why on earth did the nurse wake you??? You would think that going in for a sleep might have given her the hint to leave you alone!!

I was thinking the same thing :dohh: hope you go into labour soon, sounds miserable xx

Congrats to the new mommies! So sorry jrepp, and I agree, why would the nurse wake you after just 45 min?! What a dummy. Sorry the sleep didnt work.

Sooo I typed up this long detailed birth story, but kept getting interrupted by babykins so it took me a day of coming back to finish, when I finally did I went to post and it had logged me out and lost allll I had typed :growlmad:

So heres a shortish version. Friday 10th contractions started 6.30am. No real timing consistency. 9.30am water broke (just a little gush that 1/2 filled my panty liner). Dh and I did a few last minute errands, showered, straightened the house and around 7pm went for a mile walk. Finally some consistent timing. Quickly went from 12 min apart to 10 min down to 6 min. Called OB she said to come in. Got ourselves ready and headed to hospital. Arrived 12.30am. Conts now 3 min apart. At 1.30am they checked me and I was 3.5cm and 90%. Got to my room, said theyd check in a few hours. Double contractions every 2 min, by 4am asked to be checked. 6cm 100%. Epidural at 4.30am. Checked again at 6am. 10cm and ready to go. Pushed one hour exactly and Delilah was born at 7.19am on 7.11.15 at 39w6d.
Had issues with bleeding after. Was passing peach sized clots for 4 hours. Lost a liter of blood. They had to exam me 4 times. Going in up to the elbow 2x, and just a fist another 2 times. All after my epidural was out and my 2nd degree tear was stitched up. Most excruciating pain of my life. But an IV in each hand and a catheter later(I was quite the mess lol) bleeding was down to normal. Ive healed amazingly quick for all that happened down there. Left hospital with no pain meds!

Ok sorry that wasnt quite short. :blush:

Attachments

• 2015-07-23_10.20.37.jpg
    2015-07-23_10.20.37.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 2015-07-23_10.20.22.jpg
    2015-07-23_10.20.22.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 2015-07-23_10.20.09.jpg
    2015-07-23_10.20.09.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 2015-07-23_10.19.59.jpg
    2015-07-23_10.19.59.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 13
Rach - lovely birth story, thanks for sharing :) Sorry to aftermath was more difficult to manage. Glad you are feeling ok & leaving with no pain meds is amazing!! Your pictures are gorgeous, Delilah is such a cutie :)

Sorry ladies, that I have disappeared but I was very tired after the birth.

Jrepp, this is so awful. Why did the nurse wake you up? I don't even understand that! I will pray that your labour starts soon. I am thinking of you.

Congratulations Holly! She is lovely!

So here is my story. I went into the hospital Monday morning, after a short ctg, the midwife checked me, I still was 2 cm dilated and the cervix was still long therefore she has decided to give me a pill to make my cervix ready for birth. I had to wait 4 hours in the hospital, so I was eating and walking a bit, making a crossword with my mum.
Since I did not feel anything at all during the four hours of waiting, at 13:45 she came to give me the second pill. As it turned out my cervix was ready and I was 3 cm open, and she just broke my water.
Contractions came immediately and they started to be pretty strong. At 4 o'clock I was 7 cm dilated and I went under the shower to chill the pain in my hip a bit.
My hip was hurting so bad that I did not feel the contractions anymore. The shower did help a lot to relief the pain and I started to feel that I need to push.
However, I could not lay into the bed anymore so I was standing. The midwife went to look for something that looks like a toilet seat (no idea how it called in English). I sat on it and my husband sat behind me holding me up while I was pushing. At 17:10 Kathryn was born. At 19:30 we were already at home.
She is a lovely girl and we are so in love.
This birth was so much faster than the one with my son. It also was so intense, I still cannot believe that I made through without any additional painkiller. Funny enough, my husband was so proud of me that he kept saying it to everyone.

Attachments

• 11742708_1042041962473090_2226338310177166763_n.jpg
    11742708_1042041962473090_2226338310177166763_n.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 11756592_1042938402383446_684085484_n.jpg
    11756592_1042938402383446_684085484_n.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 13
So adorable Rach and Khatif ! They are so precious!

So sorry Jrepp, I really feel for you. I am so uncomfortable and I don't have any contractions , so I couldn't imagine the pain you are in.

Tomorrow is the day! I'm so nervous!

Lovely story khatif - how much did she weigh? She's adorable!

Good luck for tomorrow babygirl - so jealous you get to meet your bubs tomorrow!!

Forgot to mention I had a sweep 2 days prior to labor and a foot reflexology massage the day before...... so curious if thats what did it or if I would have gone into labor on my own.

Hey girls! I have a daughter!!!!

Elysia Aria was born at 10.15 am this morning after an intense lengthy - ish labour but extremely fast second stage. She weighed 9 pounds and 7 ounces. She is gorgeous and I love her to bits. My boys love their little sister. I still can't believe I had a little girl, after two boys I was so expecting to have a boy.

After my sweep yesterday, I started contracting properly around 11 pm yesterday. We went into the hospital at 1.30am and was measured at 3 am at 4cm dilated. I was having extremely strong contractions, back to back in many cases - they were measuring them on the trace as I was not dilating up. By 7am I had only dilated to 5cm, so they broke my waters at 8am. Things amped up then and I had some morphine. At around 9.50 I felt like I needed to push and got on the bed at around 10am. 15 minutes pushing and I delivered Elysia. So a mixed labour experience. She is so worth it though.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1437653523027.jpg
    FB_IMG_1437653523027.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 16
Congratulations poppy!!! How lovely to have a little girl :) thanks for the story too. Enjoy your new little one!! Fab pic too!!!

How many of us are still waiting now? Is it just three or four (that are posting a lot)?

Due next Friday but no signs of her arriving any time soon lol

Yes, still waiting. Will be 40 weeks on Monday. No signs of anything yet.

Congratulations Poppy!

Hope all you ladies are well and huge congrats to all new arrivals!

Hayden was 2 weeks old yesterday, I've been having a hard time adjusting to being a mom of two, when dh is at work I go to my moms or mom in law since I'm still sore when picking up DD. Hard a hard time with some baby blues too, still have my moments but every day is better.

I love my little snuggly man, his sister loves him too, she's so gentle I'm surprised since she's usually so busy and silly.

Congratulations Poppy!

Babygirl, good luck tomorrow!

Oh, my baby girl weighted 3405 gram.

Congrats ladies! I am so behind but I am checking the front page and catching up as best I can. I'm so happy for everyone! Yay! All the photos are so precious, love them all!

Good luck tomorrow Babygirl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"