July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

I'm 23 :)

Had my first appt with the midwife today. She put me at 8+5 based on lmp but im almost positive im behind that. Dating scan is booked for next Tuesday at 3. She wanted it sooner but I really want DH to be there and he can't make it sooner than that. I haven't seen my work schedule yet for next week so I'm sure there will be a conflict and I'll have to reschedule.

I am just exhausted today. Had to get up an hour early, pick a client up at 7:45, take them to work, go to another clients job and work with them until 1:30, physical therapy at 2 and midwife at 3. I was at the midwives office for almost 2 hours. Ugh didn't eat lunch so was super nauseous. Did dishes, started laundry. Finally just ate dinner and feeling better. Sigh... now to fold laundry and FINALLY relax.

Sorry for the essay...ha.

Dr appointment went well, nothing exciting. She asked if I wanted the downs testing done this time around. ( I didn't last time) and gave me my blood req that I was expecting. I got my next ultrasound date!!! It's Dec 9th I should be 9weeks 3 days. Wish I could fast forward 2 weeks! Next Dr appointment is Chrristmas eve!

I'm 31 DH is 33 :) I had DS when I was 29!

I applied to get a midwife... Ill find out by the end of Decemeber if I'll get one. There are only 5 in a city of 300,000.... So annoying.

Dr appointment went well, nothing exciting. She asked if I wanted the downs testing done this time around. ( I didn't last time) and gave me my blood req that I was expecting. I got my next ultrasound date!!! It's Dec 9th I should be 9weeks 3 days. Wish I could fast forward 2 weeks! Next Dr appointment is Chrristmas eve!

i am curious about testing...what is everyone else doing?

my husband and i just sort of figured we wouldn't, and i asked the nurse if most people get it done, and she said most do. for downs, and cystic fibrosis...pros? cons? thoughts either way from anyone?

I had it done, I asked my doctor the same thing and although if something was wrong we would not terminate, she said most people just like to be mentally prepared.
I will have it done again this time.

I think I will be getting it done solely to prepare myself. I would never terminate due to that but I think it would definitely be a big emotional hit and we would need time to prepare.

I never had it done last time and don't think I will this time either, it makes no difference to me and sometimes the give you a chance if a problem and it tine out to be nothing(I know someone that it happened to)
So for me it just a wait and see I will love my baby and won't spend half my pregnant worrying what if.

27 here, and I had ds when I was 26! Big age range in this group, so nice!

Loving hearing about all the appointments and scans, can't wait for mine and I don't even have one booked yet!

Im almost 27 (December 16th)... had my son when I was two weeks shy of 22. Have my first appt tomorrow

Question- has anyone in a previous pregnancy, taken medications that were a class C for pregnancy safety - and found out they were pregnant while on that medication and had to taper off of it? I am currently doing that, I am just worried about birth defects.. I am 4 weeks and 5 days I think .. roughly.

Lozzy :hugs: so sorry hun.

Ok, I'm a little worried. At my scan last week the ultrasound tech said everything was fine, however my nurse practitioner just called me and left a voicemail while I was at work and said to call her back tomorrow to discuss my scan results. Um, yikes??

Question- has anyone in a previous pregnancy, taken medications that were a class C for pregnancy safety - and found out they were pregnant while on that medication and had to taper off of it? I am currently doing that, I am just worried about birth defects.. I am 4 weeks and 5 days I think .. roughly.

i don't have any experience, but i would say that you know fairly early, which gives you a bit more time to taper off, right? lots of women don't know they are pregnant and drink and smoke until week 6, so you've at least got a head start, i would think.:shrug: probably worth a phone call to the doctor that prescribed the meds though.:thumbup:

Thank you jumpingo!

I tried calling and they said that its probably not good but they were going to call back to see if there was something safer but still haven't received a call :( And I cant ask my OB/GYN as I haven't seen her yet and I am a new patient, so they wont give medical advice to an non-established patient even though my appointment is scheduled for the 18th.

Thank you jumpingo!

I tried calling and they said that its probably not good but they were going to call back to see if there was something safer but still haven't received a call :( And I cant ask my OB/GYN as I haven't seen her yet and I am a new patient, so they wont give medical advice to an non-established patient even though my appointment is scheduled for the 18th.

can you call your primary doctor while you're waiting to be seen? my primary ordered me labs to have my betas checked while I'm waiting to see the OB next week. They might be able to at least give you SOME form of counsel :hugs:

I really don't think we are going to do the testing. I'm still deciding. The rate of false positives are really high... I've seen friends go through hell over these tests to find out they have a healthy baby. And it's my understanding if you do get a positive they will want to do an amino... Which carries the risk of a m/c. I also read sometimes people are given false negatives. I'm gonna do some more reading and talk with hubby. It would be nice to be able to mentally prepare if something did happen...

I doubt we will do the testing. I think our risk factors are fairly low. I'm 25, hubby is 28. No family history of any hereditary diseases, no history of downs syndrome, CF, etc. It wouldn't change anything even if we did find out, so I don't think we'll do it.

I'm 27, dh is 31. Wont be having any testing. Just unnecessary worry when the results wont change anything.

Also first actual OB appt is in 3 weeks where I'll get another scan and talk with the doctor and nurse. So excited. I'll be about 10w4 days then.

Babygirl3289, I don't have the same experience because I stopped my med before getting pregnant. I am not sure what kind of medication you take but if it is anything related to mental health than you may have to take it now since stopping can cause more harm to the baby then taking it.
Form it also was a big question if I can stop my antidepressant or I have to take it during pregnancy as well.
I hope it will be fine!

I am 33 and my husband 37m our son is now 5. Originally I wanted to get pregnant 1-2 years after my son was born but my depression did change the plan.

We did test with my previous pregnancy and I think we will do now as well.

I take metformin for pcos and stoped my diclofenac the moment i found out i was pregnant just have to deal with sore joints lol the metformin i refuse to stop due to reasearch i have found that links to problems in my pregnancy with lena

Hi ladies . Haven't been on in a while . Have been admitted to hospital as I'm severely dehydrated and have an infection . I had been so sick last 2 weeks couldn't even keep water down . 3 bags of fluid later and I feel much better . Will probably be kept in longer due to infection though . I got a scan and got to see my little bean and see the heartbeat which made me super happy :)

Sorry Ladies I have been MIA...I have been completely wiped out. Oh where to start.

I had my first OB appointment yesterday and my OB said everything looked great for 7 weeks and 5 days saw heartbeat and went on my merry way.

well today I was rearended at a red light and shortly after I started having pretty intense lower abdominal and back pain followed by lots of vomiting, my shoulder also hurt( I think from the seat belt) SO and I decided it was best to go to ER and get checked out and make sure baby was okay. was given Tylenol and fluids and an ultrasound was ordered. during ultrasound the tech asked me what my doctors said about this pregnancy told her that ob says everything looks great for 7w5d. and she said did she say anything else? I was freaking out thinking she couldnt find the heart beat, she turns the screen and says you have two babies growing in their...you didnt know. asked me when I had my dating scan and told her yesterday, her jaw dropped in surpise. So ladies I am having TWINS....OMG

Attachments

• Twins first picture.jpg
    Twins first picture.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe