July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

This is what I found on the march of dimes website

What are progesterone shots?
Progesterone shots are a kind of progesterone called 17 alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate (also called 17P). The shots may help prevent premature birth if both of these describe you:

You had a spontaneous premature birth before when you were pregnant with just one baby. Spontaneous means labor began on its own, without drugs or other methods. Or the sac around your baby broke early, causing labor.
You’re pregnant with just one baby.
If both of these describe you, your provider may prescribe progesterone shots. You begin the shots between 16 and 24 weeks of pregnancy, and you get a shot each week until 37 weeks. The shots are available in two ways:

As a brand-name drug called Makena™
Prepared (also called compounded) at special pharmacies. You can get this kind of shot only if you have certain health conditions, like an allergy to something in Makena.

I went to see a new personal trainer today and she gave me a good workout. I was a bit sad though, as normally I wouldn't have a problem with what we did but I was completely out of breath.

:(

Hopefully it will improve in the next few weeks, I already have enough weight!

Beautiful, I stay on 800mg a day of progesterone until 32 weeks for my placenta and to try and prevent prom.

Timeforababy, keep an eye on your iron that can affect your breathlessness during exercise x

Some people say it makes the symptoms worse, in my previous experiences it hasn't, this time I'm on steroids atm which are meant to hide symptoms. So no idea what drugs are doing what :haha: the only symptom I really have is my breasts are waaaaay sorer than they've ever been before x

But no side effects other than that x

oh, I'm on pregnacare (even though I think it gives me constipation!). That's got enough iron in it?

Pregnacare has a moderate amount of iron. Have you had your booking in appointment yet? Iron levels are usually checked then x

I had mine 2 weeks ago, she didn't even do bloods! I had to drive myself to the nearest hospital to get them done there.

I am generally fit and healthy (bar the subfertility before 10 weeks ago), so i guess the midwife was fine about it? I didn't even get the bounty pack, I feel robbed. lol

and good luck for your scan tomorrow Tasha, I have everything crossed for you.

This is what I found on the march of dimes website

What are progesterone shots?
Progesterone shots are a kind of progesterone called 17 alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate (also called 17P). The shots may help prevent premature birth if both of these describe you:

You had a spontaneous premature birth before when you were pregnant with just one baby. Spontaneous means labor began on its own, without drugs or other methods. Or the sac around your baby broke early, causing labor.
You’re pregnant with just one baby.
If both of these describe you, your provider may prescribe progesterone shots. You begin the shots between 16 and 24 weeks of pregnancy, and you get a shot each week until 37 weeks. The shots are available in two ways:

As a brand-name drug called Makena™
Prepared (also called compounded) at special pharmacies. You can get this kind of shot only if you have certain health conditions, like an allergy to something in Makena.

I was on Makena during my last 2 pregnancies. I might receive the shots again this pregnancy.

I just bought a car seat.

I realize it's early, but I had the money now so why not? lol.

Lucy Paid leave is awesome! What a great employer!

HOpe you feel better beautifulrose!

Mamabee that's amazing to hear the HB at home already :) How reassuring I'm sure!

Dan-o I said it's water and the extra blood hahaha I haven't tried my jeans on in a while. About 2 weeks ago they were super tight, but up til then they weren't and I haven't gained any weight. Then midwife said she can feel my uterus already coming out of pelvic area so I attribute it to that!

Glad you had a good appt. countryblonde!

AFM feeling better last couple of days. Hope it lasts! And I've gotten 3 workout in this week :D Need number 4 tomorrow Just haven't decided if it's a run or a swim....

Ahh had a 9 week ultrasound today baby was so cute!!! I saw the arms and legs and heard the heartbeat 175! Today was so great!!! &#9829;

Exciting csto.

Ajarvis I'm glad you're feeling better.

Awwww yay babyvaughan, beautiful sight isn't it?

Three hours until my scan x

I've had cold/flu for the last couple if days & have red spotting this morning. :( feel ill & so worried :cry:

Good luck to those with scans today & congrats to all the lovely scans

I was on pregnacare last pregnancy but still ended up having to take iron twice a day as well . I'd say this pregnancy will be the same . I'm so weak after been so sick and I need a pick me up . Hate iron though it's the devil hah if not taken with food you will feel awful and right now I'm not eating enough to take it :(

Scan went well, baby has grown loads since the last scan. Saw the heart beating away and the umbilical cord. Also saw the yolk and amniotic sacs!

We are so happy right now! :happydance:

Attachments

• IMG_1185.jpg
    IMG_1185.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 5
I keep up with this thread religiously but I'm a bit shy in real life so I don't quite know what to say on here all the time either! I'm so happy for everyone with good news and scans. :)

I'm getting nervous because I haven't had a scan for over a month and I just want to know that everything is ok. My dreams are still very bizarre and weird, and I attribute them to taking progesterone before bed. I got very dizzy after work a couple days ago so I went straight to bed. It was scary, really. I never get light-headed or dizzy.

tasha looking forward to your update on your scan :)

AFM i have felt no sickness the past few days, now i'm worried, but i know i should honestly just be thankful, i don't have another scan until December 29, that will be my IPS (integrated prenatal screening) one, i'm hoping baby will be nice and wiggle a little bit for us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->