• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July Mummies

hey everyone :howdy:
nice to see everyone's enjoying being mummies...i know i am! i've been having a mission with BFing as although isabel has consistently put on weight (at 5 days she was already an ounce heavier than birth weight) i have reallllllyyyy struggled with the latch so have cried through sore nipples feeding her! getting better now though as have sought support and we are starting to improve things...she's thoroughly unimpressed with the change to positioning and things though!!!

Hello ladies,

Hows everyone doing?

We are doing good, still not home:nope:

Hopefully find out tomorrow what the plan of action is.

Alex is 9 days old but feels like hes been here forever, anyone else feel like that?

Since yesterday my ankles have swollen up really bad, is this common a wk after delivery? Hope to see a mw tomorrow but its kinnda difficult

XX

hey honey,

We're doing good, today i got a shower, tidied my room and cleaned. Feel so proud although it seems like so little!!

Not long hunny he'll be home gurgling and cooing and getting you up at 4am :D

I didnt notice my ankles swollen but i was so damaged down there i couldnt really bend down to see them lol ask you MW it could just be fluid retention?

xxx

hey peeps, elliebank has had katie :yipee:

Katie Mai born 30th july 9:51pm weighing 7lb 9oz

congrats elliebank on her safe arrival x x

Yey congrats!!! :D :yipee: Hope all are well! Is she home yet? xx

Hi Girls,

BF is going okay... was really sore at first and ended up getting nipple shields which for me have been a life saver...Have had to give her top up feeds aswell as she is such a hungry baby... She would constantly be on the breast! So now she feeds from the breast for an hour then she has a top up from the bottle to help her sleep at night...!!!

She has put on loads of weight... she put on 1/2 oz her first week, then 11 ozs and 9 1/2 ozs... am getting her weighed this afternoon so will she how much she puts on this week!!

Hope you are all well..

Tara
xxxxxxxxx

:hugs:

hey girlies!!

got Blake weighed today and he weighs 8lb 15oz!! thats 1lb and 3 oz in 2 weeks!! little chunk!! feeding really well tho bless him - really chuffed with him - my little angel!!

Hello girlies,

Geogem - well done, what a gorgeous little chunky monkey you have! :cloud9:

How are you all today?
My stiches are infected and im in so much pain i cant stand for more than 10 mins! On antibiotics and 2 salt baths a day (ouchies!!) so hoping it'll clear up soon!!
Sophs ok but think the antibiotics are giving her a wee bit of sore tum :(
My DH gets back tommorrow i CANT WAIT!!! He's been working away for 2 whole weeks!!! I cant wait for a shower thats longer than 3 mins lol!
Hope you and your LO's are all doing ok!

Oh also who's BF and whos FF? What were your reasons? I cant feed infront of people and its really getting me down a bit!!

xx

Hi ladies, just popping on quickly before going to bed. My gorgeous Jamie was born 11 days late on 12 July weighing a hefty 10lbs 14oz! He loves his grub and took to the bf-ing really well. So much so that he now weighs 12lbs 6oz!!

Babydance, I am bf-ing because I felt like it was the right and natural thing to do but I am even more glad I am now as I love the connection with Jamie and it is so convenient not to have to worry about sterilising and making up bottles - pop a boob out and get on with it. I know I have been lucky to take to it so well though and to have a bubba who has taken to it so well.

Hello there July mummies! Even though Caitlyn was due on the 23rd, made her appearance on the 2nd August but I still count myself as a July mummy :D :lol:

I've formula fed Caitlyn due to some personal reasons and the fact that after my delivery I couldn't even lift my arms properly. She's a hungry baby so am glad that I haven't as others can feed her too and I can focus on my recovery a little bit more :)

Stitches are wankywank though! I have lavender in a bath twice daily and everytime I go to the toilet I pour salty water down there and then for a BM I feel that I have to hold onto my stitches :rofl: hope it ends soon! :wacko:

Hello there July mummies! Even though Caitlyn was due on the 23rd, made her appearance on the 2nd August but I still count myself as a July mummy :D :lol:

I've formula fed Caitlyn due to some personal reasons and the fact that after my delivery I couldn't even lift my arms properly. She's a hungry baby so am glad that I haven't as others can feed her too and I can focus on my recovery a little bit more :)

Stitches are wankywank though! I have lavender in a bath twice daily and everytime I go to the toilet I pour salty water down there and then for a BM I feel that I have to hold onto my stitches :rofl: hope it ends soon! :wacko:

Aw hunny i remember that feeling! i had to go to theatre to get sewed back together! :cry: You on lactulose? It helps alot! :thumbup:
I've moved on from that and it now feels like im pooping glass!! :cry: :wacko:
Im still a July Mummy even though Soph came on 18th June lol
xx

Ow bless you! :hugs2:

Yeah on lactulose and hoping my BM stay like this..dont want them to hurt so got my fingers crossed! Am using sudocrem on my stitches and its really helping me!

ohh i never thought of using a cream down there, wonder if savlon would sting? :shrug:

Im SO bummed today DH is stuck at work and the choppers arent flying :cry: he should have been home yesterday and who knows when he'll get home now!! :( i feel so tired i've been on my own for 2 weeks with no help what so ever. and i've only seen about 4 people the whole time! I cant go out walks as my foof is so damn sore! I feel poop!! :(

Ow :( :hugs2: its no fun! I can walk now but my actual woowoo feels a bit open when I walk sometimes...like I'm 4cm dilated still :rofl:

The swelling has started to go down now and oh gosh does it pull on the stitches :| for my next one I might just employ a surrogate :blush: no in all seriousness I am gonna have private care...Liam's promised me it after the way they treated me before and after.

Hi Girls, Hope you are all well.

Babydance - I feel for you being on your own... these first few weeks/ months I am told are the hardest whilst you and your little one are getting used to each other. With your OH being away when you need him the most. I know I have relied on my OH quite a bit, just to pass her over to him when I haven't been able to settle her, for him to watch over her whilst I have a long bath... a bit of time to myself etc. It must be hard for your OH too being away from his girls... sending you lots of :hugs: and :kiss:

Evie-Lin is doing really well, she is putting on loads of weight. 3lbs in 6 weeks and has gone from quite a skinny baby to chubby and I love that...!
She has been quite demanding, just seeming to feed all the time but at last, the last couple of days, she has slept from midnight till 6am and is a lot more alert during the day, smiling, taking in her surroundings etc. I'm sooo in love with her...:cloud9:

I just wish I was better... I am fed up of not being back to normal...
I had a cervical tear and had to have emergency surgery after the birth. I have been quite poorly to put it mildly... and two weeks ago developed an infection which they treated with antibiotics and then I have now developed another one this week... I have not stopped bleeding and on 3 separate occasions have had a huge blood loss. I have bled through a pad and all down my pants, through a hand towel and then it has calmed down. To me this is not normal but a midwife at the hospital told me it could just be my period...!!!! Anyway, saw my Dr this week and my uterus hasn't gone back to it usual size yet and I am very swollen inside. If I haven't stopped bleeding by the end of the antibiotics, they will admit me and take a look at what is happening... I am also anemic and have low blood pressure... no wonder I am so tired... but the one thing that really gets too me... I just want to get back to being intimate with OH... how sad is that!!!!

Sorry for the moan, just wanted to get it off my chest...

Love to you all

Tara
xx

Hi Girls, Hope you are all well.

Babydance - I feel for you being on your own... these first few weeks/ months I am told are the hardest whilst you and your little one are getting used to each other. With your OH being away when you need him the most. I know I have relied on my OH quite a bit, just to pass her over to him when I haven't been able to settle her, for him to watch over her whilst I have a long bath... a bit of time to myself etc. It must be hard for your OH too being away from his girls... sending you lots of :hugs: and :kiss:

Evie-Lin is doing really well, she is putting on loads of weight. 3lbs in 6 weeks and has gone from quite a skinny baby to chubby and I love that...!
She has been quite demanding, just seeming to feed all the time but at last, the last couple of days, she has slept from midnight till 6am and is a lot more alert during the day, smiling, taking in her surroundings etc. I'm sooo in love with her...:cloud9:

I just wish I was better... I am fed up of not being back to normal...
I had a cervical tear and had to have emergency surgery after the birth. I have been quite poorly to put it mildly... and two weeks ago developed an infection which they treated with antibiotics and then I have now developed another one this week... I have not stopped bleeding and on 3 separate occasions have had a huge blood loss. I have bled through a pad and all down my pants, through a hand towel and then it has calmed down. To me this is not normal but a midwife at the hospital told me it could just be my period...!!!! Anyway, saw my Dr this week and my uterus hasn't gone back to it usual size yet and I am very swollen inside. If I haven't stopped bleeding by the end of the antibiotics, they will admit me and take a look at what is happening... I am also anemic and have low blood pressure... no wonder I am so tired... but the one thing that really gets too me... I just want to get back to being intimate with OH... how sad is that!!!!

Sorry for the moan, just wanted to get it off my chest...

Love to you all

Tara
xx

Oh sweetie.. being poorly is an understatement!!!!! :wacko: What a palava!! I hope the docs sort you out properly!! :thumbup:
I know what you mean about wanting to get intimate again, i had a 3rd degree tear and an episiotomy (repaired in theatre) and then 2 infections :cry::nope: 8 weeks 2 days and still no nookie! lol
Hope youre feeling better soon sweetie!!

My neighbour just had her baby by em c sec and im desperate to go see her!!! someone said she's due home on Wednesday but that will be 6 days she'll have been in... is that right??

DH finally got home and now he's been home a week and he's only got up once in the night and changed 2 nappies.. im going wrong somewhere??!! lol

Hope youre all well!! xx

Hi girls,

Babydance - I'm so pleased OH returned home ok. I'm sure he'll get more involved as he gets to know the routine of his daughter... must be hard for him coming home and not knowing what Sophie is crying for etc.
With regards your neighbour, she should have been home after 3 days unless she had some complications... hope she's ok.x

Well my test results came back and I haven't got an infection...! They are sending me for a scan as I haven't stopped bleeding yet and have had two more huge bleeds. My uterus has still not contracted back to its pre pregnacy size...they now think i may have some retained placenta...urgh! I just want this all over with!!!

Anyway Evie-Lin is doing okay... putting on loads of weight and wants more and more feeds. She's now 10lbs 1ozs but has now stared to wake again in the middle of the night for some more feed... how on earth do you keep a hungry baby satisfied with just milk until they are six months old??? lol

Anyway catch up with you all soon... Evie-Lin is stirring so she must be after some more food!!! lol

Love to you all

Tara
xx

hey girls, oh tara - poor you!!

well, not much to report here, just thought i'd give a quick update.

Blake is wonderful!! sleeping through now for the past week and gaining weight beautifully. Was measured today too and he has grown 6 cm's in 6 weeks!! he's really long so looks like he'll get daddy's height! better than being short like his mum tho eh?

well, I only bled for 2.5 weeks and got straight back to nookie but I have now just got my first period!! not happy!!

i weigh 4lb less than before i fell pregnant so happy with that too!!

am I bragging, if so sorry girls, just really in a good place at the min!

ttfn!

Tara - Thats not so good! :( hope youre back to normal asap! Let us know how your scan goes? I really feel for you hun!

Geogem - Jeezo check you rubbing it in skinny malink!!! lol Well done you though!!

DH got home and after 2 days was settled into Soph's routine alot better! My neighbour got home 24 hours after her section!! She's out shopping and everything now and can move no bother atall.. where as me... i still have problems my stitches are still sore found out its a 3rd degree tear and an episiotomy i had and its the tear inside my bum thats causing the most bother! There is a stitch in there that hasnt desintigrated yet but they want to just leave it as it can take a while cos it's the stitches in the muscle, the flesh stitches can take 6 weeks the muscle stitches can take a fair bit longer! going to get back onto the lactulose and salt baths till it falls out! Bad news is i may need a C-Section due to my tear for our next but it will be assessed over the year to see.

Soph is doing great she only ever cries for food or wind and thats it she is giggling and smiling away and she is just beautiful!! She had her jags the other day and was such a good girl and didnt even need any calpol afterwards! She is now on booby juice and bottle and she's growing well! I love her SO much!

We're going to a wedding this week and im leaving with my Mum and Gran for about 6-7 hours and im SO scared!!!!

We just got a new fridge it arrived just there and im so excited.. i really am a true housewife now lol!

Hope youre all keeping ok!!

xx

My HV told me I have internal stitches too! They didnt at the hospital but yeah the forceps tore my woowoo inside...thankfully its not caused me much bother.

Glad Sophie is doing well though! Hope you recover quickly :hugs2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"