~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Im not into ec-but cloth diapering is great. we've spent total MAYBE $150 in 18 months on cloth diapers, and i plan to sell when he is trained and I'll get at least 50-100 out of my stash. i wish i would have clothed my other three. cloth diapers hold in mess way better than disposable too :)

mmmm maybe i'll try cloth diapers then...i always thought they were really messy but idk throwing away a diaper instead of having to wash them all sounds little bit more easier?!? but i dont think it would hurt to give it a try to see which ones i like better

I have not found throwing out a diaper any easier than using cloth. especially when your disposing of the waste properly(even with disposable diapers you are suppose to scrape waste into the toilet, its not suppose to stay in the diaper) also cloth is far more cost effective, saves on average $2000 a kid, it is also more environmentally friendly because your not adding to land fills causing an even bigger waste issue :)

personally, after using cloth i could not imagine using disposable ever again. it actually mildly irritated me to have to use disposable on my day care children. LOL

JJsmom- thanks for finding that for me,i didnt even to think to look it up but im just not feeling so great today:-(
i can not wait for Dh to get back from hunting...i need to be baby today! i think im gonna go try to make some chicken noodle soup and eat a few crackers

Aaisrie thanks so much for these pics. I'm really hoping to wear the baby lots. If I can avoid a stroller for awhile that would be good. Did you ever use a stroller or did you exclusively wear your first?

Im not into ec-but cloth diapering is great. we've spent total MAYBE $150 in 18 months on cloth diapers, and i plan to sell when he is trained and I'll get at least 50-100 out of my stash. i wish i would have clothed my other three. cloth diapers hold in mess way better than disposable too :)

mmmm maybe i'll try cloth diapers then...i always thought they were really messy but idk throwing away a diaper instead of having to wash them all sounds little bit more easier?!? but i dont think it would hurt to give it a try to see which ones i like better

I have not found throwing out a diaper any easier than using cloth. especially when your disposing of the waste properly(even with disposable diapers you are suppose to scrape waste into the toilet, its not suppose to stay in the diaper) also cloth is far more cost effective, saves on average $2000 a kid, it is also more environmentally friendly because your not adding to land fills causing an even bigger waste issue :)

personally, after using cloth i could not imagine using disposable ever again. it actually mildly irritated me to have to use disposable on my day care children. LOL

well we all grow up learning different things and as long as i have a happy & heathly baby then i don't really care about the diaper!! ive never heard of scraping the waste into the toilet but like i say we are all from different places & do things different:-X.
However, it doesn't hurt to give something NEW a try:winkwink: and i do like saving money and so does DH..i remember my mom telling me how they used to have a diaper sevrice for the cloths and that she used them with me & my sister for awhile but she said in the end that buying diapers from the store just worked better for her and my dad.
I'll have to look into it thou,maybe find a place that sells them around here or maybe there is still some sevrices where they pick them up & wash them for you and bring them back clean?!?!

well i really need to lay down have a nice day everyone

I use sposies but I live off the grid and it really isnt going to work ti use cloth. If i lived in town and has easier access to laundry service I would mostly use cloth. My DD is about 50% potty trained mostly using EC. There is an EC support threat on this forum somewhere. I will find the link later and post it here. I don't know if I will go full on with baby2 but I will definitely start sooner.

EC sure is interesting but I don't have the time to devote to it with 3 under 5 when this one arrives. We do use cloth but not sure how environmentally friendly it is. Yes the diapers are not in a landfill but we use more electricity and water when washing them. I use rockin green cloth diaper detergent and the instructions are rinse, wash with detergent, rinse, rinse. I don't do the 2nd rinse it's too much water use.

I have tried a variety of carriers over the years and my favorite is the Ergo I can wear euan on my back still and he is about 40lbs. I fancy trying a ring sling this time.

Hey ladies,
What exercise are you doing? Since all I've eaten these passed 4 weeks are carbs, carbs, CARBS, I've taken up swimming today. I did find myself feeling a little anxious at being out of breath... don't want my little bean to get hurt. But I've heard it's safe.

What do you think?

Swimming is totally ok...really safe for you and baby.

Where in Van are you, I have Van listed but I am in Langley and work in Vancouver.

I'm in Vancouver city - kits. I didn't notice you were from
Vancouver. I'm thrilled to know you're near :) I live and work here. DH is at UBC. Im lying I'm bed right now cursing myself for worrying about good I feel. My stomach is massively bloated but my nausea wasn't bad tonight at all...

I covet living in kits lucky you. What a nice area to live in for walking once baby is born. I work at VGH so am there every day. My MS is just starting.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/n...elimination-communication-support-thread.html

I have a Becco baby carrier and I am going ti order the infant insert. Its really nice. I think it goes to 40 lbs.

Aaisrie thanks so much for these pics. I'm really hoping to wear the baby lots. If I can avoid a stroller for awhile that would be good. Did you ever use a stroller or did you exclusively wear your first?

We wore and used a travel system pram that my folks bought for DD, then used the pram and wore for about the 1st month of DS but it has been in the loft since and with this one it'll just be worn exclusively. There is no time that you would NEED a pram rather than wearing if you know what I mean. Atticus has been exclusively worn since he was about a month old. I find it much easier, I HATE having to push a buggy or pram round the store and even with DS still only walking short distances I'll probably tandem wear rather than have to take the pram!!

I find all this so interesting!!! I've never heard of wearing your baby and what not! We've always used strollers. This is something that might be really nice!! I'll have to look into it and see if it's something I can do!!

We don't have great laundry machines in our building and the laundromat is down the street. Otherwise I'd look into cloth diapers more. I also read an article that compared cloth to disposable and the cloth service. In the end the fuel and/or water consumption balanced out the landfill waste. And for the mid range cloth diapers that would hold up it ended up not being any more cost efficient either. But like I said, if we had the machines in our unit it may be a different story... cause I'm not doing them by hand, I do rack dry most my clothes but hand washing just won't work for me. I'll look into the more enviro-friendly disposables though and research EC to see what that entails.

I'm wanting to wear this baby, having 2 under 2 I really don't think I will get a double stroller! I have one so I can push one wear one.
Does anyone recommend a good wrap or baby wearer?

Hey everyone. I havent been on for a few days as I have been away on holiday to a spa for a couple of nights! Very relaxed.

Just read up all the pages I have missed, and I am sorry to those who are not in very good places with our hospitals. It's scandalous that they will not scan you to give you some reassurance that your baby is ok. I am praying and thinking of you all & I am sure your little beans are ticking away nicely all tucked up warm.

I am very intrigued by baby wearing.....i'll definitely be getting a baby bjorn carrier as I love them, was looking after my friends baby recently and wore him all round town in one - very cool. But I am also interested in back carrying when baby is a little older so will get a different style for this. Can't wait !! :)

Well I have to say I barely feel pregnant at all, so can't wait for my scan, it can't come soon enough! Anyone else feel the same? Xx

I used a moby wrap in the beginning and loved it, and just a few months ago made myself a mei tai wrap. LOVE it!! Its so comfortable I can even wrap up my 5yo that weighs 35lbs up in it, I dont do it often though cause I dont weigh enough for him to not through me over but its he likes to do it on occassion. My 18mo loves to be wrapped, i've been wearing him since we came home from the hospital, its SO much easier to get things done especially when they are big enough to ride on your back. I've not heard of tandem wearing though? how is that achieved?? I hate pushing strollers, and considering my youngest will only be just over 2 when this LO is born it'd be great to carry both!

just be careful of the "crotch dangler" carriers as those can be unhealthy for your baby.

I feel really bad that I'm not posting in this thread more. Honestly the truth is that there are just sooooo many of you lovely ladies due in July that I just can't keep up with who is who, and what's going on. I mean...143 bumps...that's mental lol.

I think I need to read this thread a bit more frequently but I only seem to get a little time in the evening to sit down on the computer.

143 bumps is a lot!!! It's exciting to see so many bumps for my birthday month!! :)

Hey guys! I haven't read back yet, so just commenting on the last page! I'm still up at my parents place and still feeling horrible!! LOL it's great. :) at least I know it means baby is doing well right?

I am very intrigued by baby wearing.....i'll definitely be getting a baby bjorn carrier as I love them, was looking after my friends baby recently and wore him all round town in one - very cool. But I am also interested in back carrying when baby is a little older so will get a different style for this. Can't wait !! :)

Baby wearing is awesome! Jessica LOVED it. but please don't get the bjorn! Not good for the baby's spinal development, it's one of the crotch danglers oneandtwo mentioned

kaths101 - it really depends on what you want most out of a carrier. The moby is lovely but kind of cumbersome if you're trying to get it on between the car and the store. For something like wearing your newborn while your toddler is in gymnastic though? it's perfect. Peanut shell is a nice quick pop them in and out, but I wouldn't use it for long periods of time, harder on your back etc. the ergo/beco type are very simple and you can put an infant insert in them.

The moby was great when she was tiny - loved having her tucked up nice and safe. Very cozy too. The Ergo has been amazing now that she's bigger. There's a few great threads over in the natural parenting forum for baby wearing if you'd like to get some more in depth advice. They're really friendly. There's a babywearing photo thread too where you can see what they all look like. I definitely recommend a good carrier! If you have any questions I can try and point you in the right direction. :D

Here is the link
https://ecsimplified.com/elimination-communication-101/ Andrea lives in Canada somewhere and is in regular email contact if needed. I found she had a lot of information available on her website and stuff for those interested.

As for cloth nappies- we use the old school squares as well as some modern cloth nappies with the press-studs we got 7 pairs for $25-30 (I can't quite remrember) and they're bright colours...I forget the brand name babyland or something? as well as when she was really young we used peapods but she out grew these really quickly.

As for carriers...I loved my mothercare carrier but found by the time DD was about 5mths old she was waaaay too heavy for me to carry in it. She has always been a bit of a giant baby.

Hey ladies,
What exercise are you doing? Since all I've eaten these passed 4 weeks are carbs, carbs, CARBS, I've taken up swimming today. I did find myself feeling a little anxious at being out of breath... don't want my little bean to get hurt. But I've heard it's safe.

What do you think?

Swimming is totally ok...really safe for you and baby.

Where in Van are you, I have Van listed but I am in Langley and work in Vancouver.
I'm in Vancouver city - kits. I didn't notice you were from
Vancouver. I'm thrilled to know you're near :) I live and work here. DH is at UBC. Im lying I'm bed right now cursing myself for worrying about good I feel. My stomach is massively bloated but my nausea wasn't bad tonight at all...

I covet living in kits lucky you. What a nice area to live in for walking once baby is born. I work at VGH so am there every day. My MS is just starting.

How far along are you? Today I had a day of not feeling sick at all! Has me feeling a little worried. Is it normal for it to come and go? It's our first so I have no idea!
We love this area! Right on the border of kits and point grey so jericho beach/park is a short walk away. I can't wait to walk bean in the Summer :)

I'm South African living here for a while. How strange to think we could walk past each other. I actually work closeish to VGH. What do you do there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->