~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Hi ladies! I've finally been released from the hospital today. I'm so tired and hoping the medicine regimen they gave me will help. I'd like to say its nice to be home but without my husband here to help take care of me, it's more stressful as I have to take care of myself. My grandmother is just not very understanding.

junemomma, so glad to hear you're home and doing better!!! Hope you continue feeling well!!!

Tomorrow is my first doc appt!!! I'm so nervous! It's at 8:30am EST so I get to get up a bit later than normal which is awesome! Then I get to go to work. So I'll update y'all as soon as I get home. I get to book my 12 week scan at that point as well!! YAY!

June-momma, wish I lived close by. Would gladly entertain your kids for you (I'm a teacher) so that you could get some rest. Hope you have some friends who can step up?

I find all this so interesting!!! I've never heard of wearing your baby and what not! We've always used strollers. This is something that might be really nice!! I'll have to look into it and see if it's something I can do!!

im right there with ya! however i did have something that strap baby to the front of me idk if i liked it to much thou,i always thought something wrong was gonna happen?!?!
plus i know DS felt like he weighed so MUCH sometimes!!! when he was a baby of course but i do have to say im a fan of strollers<3

Hi ladies! I've finally been released from the hospital today. I'm so tired and hoping the medicine regimen they gave me will help. I'd like to say its nice to be home but without my husband here to help take care of me, it's more stressful as I have to take care of myself. My grandmother is just not very understanding.

so glad your home i was thinking about how you were doing earlyer:)

junemomma, so glad to hear you're home and doing better!!! Hope you continue feeling well!!!

Tomorrow is my first doc appt!!! I'm so nervous! It's at 8:30am EST so I get to get up a bit later than normal which is awesome! Then I get to go to work. So I'll update y'all as soon as I get home. I get to book my 12 week scan at that point as well!! YAY!

good luck sweetie:hugs:

June-momma, wish I lived close by. Would gladly entertain your kids for you (I'm a teacher) so that you could get some rest. Hope you have some friends who can step up?

I wish, unfortunately most of my friends work during the day or have their own families to tend to :(
But my husband will be home in less than 3 weeks and trust me I'm looking forward to him being home for more reasons than one!

Hey ladies,
What exercise are you doing? Since all I've eaten these passed 4 weeks are carbs, carbs, CARBS, I've taken up swimming today. I did find myself feeling a little anxious at being out of breath... don't want my little bean to get hurt. But I've heard it's safe.

What do you think?

Swimming is totally ok...really safe for you and baby.

Where in Van are you, I have Van listed but I am in Langley and work in Vancouver.
I'm in Vancouver city - kits. I didn't notice you were from
Vancouver. I'm thrilled to know you're near :) I live and work here. DH is at UBC. Im lying I'm bed right now cursing myself for worrying about good I feel. My stomach is massively bloated but my nausea wasn't bad tonight at all...

I covet living in kits lucky you. What a nice area to live in for walking once baby is born. I work at VGH so am there every day. My MS is just starting.

How far along are you? Today I had a day of not feeling sick at all! Has me feeling a little worried. Is it normal for it to come and go? It's our first so I have no idea!
We love this area! Right on the border of kits and point grey so jericho beach/park is a short walk away. I can't wait to walk bean in the Summer :)

I'm South African living here for a while. How strange to think we could walk past each other. I actually work closeish to VGH. What do you do there?

I am Scottish and have been living here since 2006. I am a transplant coordinator in VGH, work regular Monday-Friday which I enjoy. I am approaching 6w so very early days and I have an almost 4 year old and almost 2 year old. We lived in Yaletown for 18m which we loved just at the start of the sea wall opposite Granville Island...I miss it there. We moved out to Burnaby when we were expecting and then out to Langley for a bigger place. My brother is on vacation cycling in S. Africa right now and is totally loving it..

I do envy you your location.

Glad to hear your home and that your medicarion regime ie helping...i hope the next 3 weeks fly past for you june momma.

Tandem baby wearing is when you have an older child on your back in a carrier and you have a different carrier on with your child on the front...its very doable.

If anyone gets the ERgo I would not waste money on the infant insert...it neve worked well for my daughter when she was a new born and I preferred to wrap her in a big blanket instead it worked better and felt more secure.

I think I win for 'aversions' today. I couldn't go into my own kitchen to cook lunch. DH had to make me plain egg noodles so that I could keep something in. The thought of anything else repulsed me... I managed to feel better for dinner. We went out with my aunt, uncle and cousin to a Chinese buffet. I didn't eat as much as I normally would (thankfully) and nothing super greasy but it was nice to feel full and not sick!

We almost slipped and told them we're expecting. My aunt misheard DH and said 'well what other 'big news' could you possibly have... you JUST got married for Pete's sake!':haha: She'll find that funny when we DO tell her!

Off to bed for me, I didn't get a nap today.

I think I win for 'aversions' today. I couldn't go into my own kitchen to cook lunch. DH had to make me plain egg noodles so that I could keep something in. The thought of anything else repulsed me... I managed to feel better for dinner. We went out with my aunt, uncle and cousin to a Chinese buffet. I didn't eat as much as I normally would (thankfully) and nothing super greasy but it was nice to feel full and not sick!

We almost slipped and told them we're expecting. My aunt misheard DH and said 'well what other 'big news' could you possibly have... you JUST got married for Pete's sake!':haha: She'll find that funny when we DO tell her!

Off to bed for me, I didn't get a nap today.

Oh your Nana sounds hilarious!:haha: I know what you mean about aversions...DH took me out to Mad Mex I had the soft tacos then came home and promptly threw most of them up! I wondered why I was super hungry at breakfast this morning :)
:hugs: JUNEMOMMA welcome back!!! Hope you can rest as you need it!
Hope...I am a teacher too!

:( DS came in and told me he has had liquid poo 5 times today. He then said his tummy hurts so I asked him where and I walked with him into the bathroom to take his temperature. It was normal. So I called my mom to see what her thoughts were and she said to give him some 7up or pediasure. My son rarely and I mean very rarely gets sick so I have no idea what to do sometimes and have to ask momma for help. LOL! So I just happened to have a pediasure sample I got from Sam's Club. He took one little sip of it and luckily we were by the toilet. He lost it all. :( I found some 7up in the closet so tried to flatten it a bit and he took a couple drinks and complained his tummy still hurt some. I sat with him on the bathtub edge and he said he was falling asleep so I put a trashcan in his room and told him if he can't make it to the bathroom to use the trash can. He was passed out in his bed in less that 5 mins! I hope he can make it to school tomorrow! He wants to join in on the pizza party for perfect attendance but he has to be there this whole week to qualify!

Aaisrie thanks so much for these pics. I'm really hoping to wear the baby lots. If I can avoid a stroller for awhile that would be good. Did you ever use a stroller or did you exclusively wear your first?

We wore and used a travel system pram that my folks bought for DD, then used the pram and wore for about the 1st month of DS but it has been in the loft since and with this one it'll just be worn exclusively. There is no time that you would NEED a pram rather than wearing if you know what I mean. Atticus has been exclusively worn since he was about a month old. I find it much easier, I HATE having to push a buggy or pram round the store and even with DS still only walking short distances I'll probably tandem wear rather than have to take the pram!!

I'm with you on this one! I have always loved wearing my babies, and I'm always sad when they are just too heavy for me to do it comfortably anymore. I have 2 mei tai's and an Ergo, but I LOVE the mei tai's above all else. This baby will also be exclusively worn...so much freaking easier, and I just really do love having them so close and snuggled up to me <3

I used an ergo and a moby wrap for my ds... So much quicker to go out then a stroller.

I was looking at Becco carriers tonight, apparently they front and back wear while being good on the hips and legs, which is always a main priority. Anyone know much about them? Just don't know the pros and cons over ergo, Becco and Boba. Seems like everyone will say something conflicting and I can't decide! I want to use that for my toddler and a front carry for this baby. It seemed like Ergo doesn't have much of a supportive back to it, which I want, but I may have only saw that one style in real life. I wish stores carried a selection of them to see in person!

Re:cloth diapers, DH wanted me to try but I'm just not fond of it. I changed the old kind of cloth diapers (the ones with the pins and just cloth and plastic over it) and hated them, hut i know theyve come a long way from that. The fact that I'm always drowning In laundry is a big turn off for me. But, now we'll have two in diapers, so who knows.

Morning sickness is staying at a bearable level so far this time around, but wow have I become emotional! I started to cry at DH tonight because he joked about something that he normally does and makes me laugh. He didn't understand why I cried instead of laughing! I definitely feel this overwhelming emotional side creeping up on me. Didn't have that last time so this should be interesting. Also just completely exhausted at all times. Anyone else require a nap every day?

I am glad the new one will be born in winter (July in Australia)...however you can get some warm days in Winter ..I hope she or he will cope with our hot HOT summers!

Had my first vomit last night after eating some Mexican food...maybe it was too spicy? I had the mild sauce thinking it would be safe.

I think I feel sick this morning! Trying not to get my hopes up though.
Scan day tomorrow and I'm soo scared! :(
Eta; just puked!!!

thumbs up...maybe the puke is a good sign that your hormones are doing what they should be and the bean is sticking nicely ...totally feeling your anxiety...I hope that you will be totally relieved of it all tomorrow and that there is a nice strong heartbeat to be seen there on the screen for you xoxox

hey everyone,
well its 5am in the morning here:-/been up since 4:30am!! im just not feeling good at all,i mean i gotta get up early any*ways but not this early:-(.
Im so ready for this MS to be OVER WITH!!! I reach 8weeks yesterday "YAY" and was hoping i'd be one of the lucky ones were it stop around then?!!? but i guess that's just not happen for me:wacko:.
However Im really thinking maybe it could be a tummy bug?!?! because now DS don't feel good either! He was throwing up saturday & poop all over himself last night 2's,I feel so sorry for him but he is still bouncing around all over the place.
He LOVES listen to Katey Perry & dancing to her lol and let me tell you he got some good MOVES<3 I just em also hoping he ok to go to school today too because DH back from hunting YAY he came back last night and i just wanna be the baby today.
Get to LAY in bed and be taken care of but if my moo moo got's to stay home then he can snuggle in bed with me and DH can just take care of both of us:)

Well hope everyone has a good day i'll be back shorty<3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->