~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Evening ladies!!! FINALLY getting online!! I was gonna update the thread this morning but didn't get the chance as the phone store FINALLY got the iphone5 back in stock so I ended up going straight to the city to get it then I had to rush back to collect Saraya from nursery and I forgot to pick up her cake from the house for the bake sale tomorrow so I then had to go back again lol PREGNANCY BRAIN!! It has Sooooo been one of those days.
I've been really crampy the last couple of days which is freaking me the hell out but I'm trying to remind myself it's normal... just when you associate it with losses that's what you think of... Well at least my scan at the EPU is on Wednesday!!

How's everyone else??

The first page is updated, if I've missed anything please let me know!!

To the ladies in the USA... This is my first pregnancy, so I'm a little lost on some things:

Do most OBs give ultrasounds at the 12 week mark...? I have my 12 week appointment on December 18th, but I don't know if I'll be getting a scan or if it will just be a regular appointment.

My sister is 3 months ahead of me and is due at the beginning of April... She has had scans at 6, 10, 15, 20, and 22... She is not a high risk, it's just something her doctor (and her awesome insurance) provides. :wacko:

On a side note, I do not have insurance and am considered pre-Medicaid... Will that affect whether or not I am given a scan? Also, I denied all the extra, optional tests that come at 12 weeks.

I had medicaid when i was pregnant with my daughter. I had a scan at 8weeks to date the pregnancy and one at 20weeks to make sure everything was going ok and thats when i found out the gender. i also had one at 34 weeks because i was in a car accident and they wanted to make sure everyone was ok still. Medicaid won't cover extra ultrasounds so unless there is something wrong you'll probably only get two

Ultrasound today! So nervous and excited that my morning sickness is acting up double time! I hate that it's a late afternoon appointment!

OMG!!! Why am I feeling so nauseas today? :( I was feeling fine all week with the meds and then this morning I woke up feeling so sick. I hope this passes. I hate this feeling. And I have to work today.

My doctor does a ultrasound at 9/10 weeks to measure baby and check heart rate and then the big ultrasound at 20 weeks. they also offer a 4d scan but that's an out of pocket cost. i believe most insurance plans only cover the 2 scans unless more are medically necessary

Evening ladies!!! FINALLY getting online!! I was gonna update the thread this morning but didn't get the chance as the phone store FINALLY got the iphone5 back in stock so I ended up going straight to the city to get it then I had to rush back to collect Saraya from nursery and I forgot to pick up her cake from the house for the bake sale tomorrow so I then had to go back again lol PREGNANCY BRAIN!! It has Sooooo been one of those days.
I've been really crampy the last couple of days which is freaking me the hell out but I'm trying to remind myself it's normal... just when you associate it with losses that's what you think of... Well at least my scan at the EPU is on Wednesday!!

How's everyone else??

hi :wave: was hoping i could be added had a dating scan Wednesday and it moved my due date back to July 2nd :)

I think the total counts may be off, but I think you are doing a great job keeping everything updated!

Will do now!! Thanks for reminding me counting! I KNEW there was something else I was meant to do but my brain wouldn't remind me!! HAH!

Okay the bumps numbers have been rechecked and should now be right also :)

I think it depends on what medicaid will cover. Most people I've known have insurance that covers 2 ultrasounds (maybe more for complications/risk). My doctor had me schedule an early ultrasound for week 8 to measure the baby and check the heart beat. I don't know much else since this is my first too! I'm not even sure how to find out how many my insurance covers!!

Yeah, I figured it would be based on medicaid, but I am still waiting to be approved and until then everything is an out of pocket expense.

In the US they normally do a dating scan around 8 weeks and then your next one is between 18-20 weeks. There IS a 12 week scan but only if you've agreed to do the testing. 12 weeks is when they do the Nuchal translucency screening.

Wow she sure got a lot of scans!!

I would have loved to do the 12 week testing just for the scan, but I have no idea what medicaid covers and what I will have to pay for myself... I also have the optional 3D/4D scan, but it is an extra $150... I cannot spring for that!

With my first pregnancy I had one at 8 weeks, one at 12 weeks for testing (I only did it for the scan), one at 13 weeks because the tech couldn't get a measurement (wink wink lol), I had my 20 week and a paid one at 29 weeks. I also had 2 ultra sounds near the end due to huge jump in fungal height and the 40 week ultrasound to check fluid levels as I was going overdue

My sister keeps saying I think you'll have a scan, but I keep trying to explain to her that she is getting an abnormal amount of ultrasounds!

I had medicaid when i was pregnant with my daughter. I had a scan at 8weeks to date the pregnancy and one at 20weeks to make sure everything was going ok and thats when i found out the gender. i also had one at 34 weeks because i was in a car accident and they wanted to make sure everyone was ok still. Medicaid won't cover extra ultrasounds so unless there is something wrong you'll probably only get two

That's not too bad, but my OH is coming to my 12 week appointment and I don't want him to be disappointed... I'll tell him not to expect to see the baby.

Nenna, I am in the US and I am having my first ultrasound at my 12 week appt. My dr only sees patients for the first time at 8 weeks for pelvic exam, blood work, etc. You can call and ask them though, I wasn't sure if they were going to do a scan at my 8 week appt because so many ladies on here had had them. When I called the office they told me what to expect. :)

They may try a doppler, my dr did at my appt even though I was 7.5 weeks because my uterus was measuring larger than expected. So he might be able to hear baby's heart beat.

Hey Ladies

Been a while for me. The nausea hit me pretty bad and I have been sick too. I have managed to keep most of my meals down but not all smh. this has been the worst in the last 2 weeks I would say but nausea started about 6 weeks. I am hoping nausea goes away in my seconf Tri. I am staying positive as I can that it measn al is well. My first midwife appointmern on the 13th December and my fist scan is on the 21st December. So I am very excited to be able to tell my family. My mom is about to burst with the secret so it's great.
How are you ladies doing??

:hi: ladies! great new scans!!

just wondering anyone else going to stay team yellow? I found out with my son and kinda regretted not having the surprise at the end so am not going to find out this time! xx

just wondering anyone else going to stay team yellow? I found out with my son and kinda regretted not having the surprise at the end so am not going to find out this time! xx

I want to stay team yellow......but I'm really not sure I have the self control!!

Nope. I'm finding out as soon as I can :) I can't wait!!

I'm finding out! Way too impatient!!!

I love the idea of waiting but I think we're going to find out. My reason being to make the naming decision easier. We have a girl's name that we love...the boy's name is going to be harder though because my OH has a name that he has wanted for a son for years and I don't like it at all. Negotiations keep coming to a standstill since we're both feeling strongly about it- so I'd like to know the gender to know if we should go down that road or if we can completely avoid having the challenging conversation where I either put my foot down & he gets very disappointed or I give in and allow it for a middle name...

Well ladies, I'm out. Was so lovely to get to know you all. Beat of luck to everyone going forward.

Had the most amazing day today....................my amazing mum and dad have told me that they are going to buy my pram system, car seat & car seat base! And my grandad dropped a few hundred quid in my bank too for crib, bouncer etc etc etc. I'm so lucky with my family - completely on Cloud 9 & can't wait to see them all over Xmas & hug them and share 12 week scan pictures in frames for them! :)

Hope everyone is well today. My sickness is getting me at strange times - today I woke up perfectly fine, ate my breakfast on the way out the door to work - VOMIT !! It came out of the blue!! Then felt pretty rotten all day. But it's the weekend - YAY!! :) 2 days to relax! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->