~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

sorry to hear lalalo! we're all here if you need us!

ugh. Got home from the store with my shiny new B6 pills only to read the sheet my doc sent home. (I wasn't too fussed in the store because they only had ONE dosage level so I assumed that would be fine.) but nooo.. I bought 100mg pills... and you're supposed to take it in 10mg a few times a day. :( grrrrr. I really don't want to bundle the kid back up and stick her in the car and fight the left hand turn out of my neighborhood to trawl stores to try and find it... though I do want to feel better. *sniff* feeling very 'woo is me' at the moment. Must keep reminding myself that in the grand scheme of things... this is nothing. I will survive. The baby will be fine. And my toddler won't remember that I let her watch tv for 3 hours straight....... right?

To the ladies in the USA... This is my first pregnancy, so I'm a little lost on some things:

Do most OBs give ultrasounds at the 12 week mark...? I have my 12 week appointment on December 18th, but I don't know if I'll be getting a scan or if it will just be a regular appointment.

My sister is 3 months ahead of me and is due at the beginning of April... She has had scans at 6, 10, 15, 20, and 22... She is not a high risk, it's just something her doctor (and her awesome insurance) provides. :wacko:

On a side note, I do not have insurance and am considered pre-Medicaid... Will that affect whether or not I am given a scan? Also, I denied all the extra, optional tests that come at 12 weeks.

it really depends on the doctors office.with my first two, i only had a 20wk scan and then had a couple "emergency" scans, i went to the same doc for them. with my third son i was in a different state/doctor i had scans at 5wk, 7wk, 10wk, 15wks, 21wks, and again at 24 and 35wks. my doctor was very ultrasound happy and was open about it, he said he'd do whatever he could to reassure the mother (i had four consecutive m/c's before my third). With this baby i had a scan at 7w3d and will have another for the nuchal fold scan at 12ish weeks then another at the 20wk mark. but im paying for an elective gender scan at 15wks. This baby we are delivering in a different area too. it really depends on your doc :)

oh and my first two kids were born on Medicaid. so you don't get the 12wk scan unless your at risk for downs (if blood work comes.back abnormal)

To the ladies in the USA... This is my first pregnancy, so I'm a little lost on some things:

Do most OBs give ultrasounds at the 12 week mark...? I have my 12 week appointment on December 18th, but I don't know if I'll be getting a scan or if it will just be a regular appointment.

My sister is 3 months ahead of me and is due at the beginning of April... She has had scans at 6, 10, 15, 20, and 22... She is not a high risk, it's just something her doctor (and her awesome insurance) provides. :wacko:

On a side note, I do not have insurance and am considered pre-Medicaid... Will that affect whether or not I am given a scan? Also, I denied all the extra, optional tests that come at 12 weeks.

hey
im also from the US and yes u should get ur scan at 12weeks some doctors do one before that around 7+weeks to do date/visably u know make sure baby is good and also to get a better ideal of due date!!.

i also have medicaid and they will cover all your scans as many as you need as long as doctor writes for them:) they should actually cover all of your prenatal care<3.

i know when i was pregnant with my son that when i reach 18-20weeks some of the u/s places offer the 3d-4d scans and my insurance also medicaid cover it all its not as sucky as you may think it is!! just think some woman have to pay out of pocket for everything!!

good luck with everything

Ultrasound today! So nervous and excited that my morning sickness is acting up double time! I hate that it's a late afternoon appointment!

good luck<3 :hugs:

OMG!!! Why am I feeling so nauseas today? :( I was feeling fine all week with the meds and then this morning I woke up feeling so sick. I hope this passes. I hate this feeling. And I have to work today.

i hope u feel better!! i have been feeling really crappy too and not only that but i cant even get my doctor to call me in anything:-( i just know im gonna wind up in the hospital!!! and the new doctor wont write anything until he see me "ugh"

:hi: ladies! great new scans!!

just wondering anyone else going to stay team yellow? I found out with my son and kinda regretted not having the surprise at the end so am not going to find out this time! xx

oooh no i will be finding out lol i can not wait to find out not only that but i cant if its alittle girl i want to buy her lots of purples and pinks and a boy yellow greens blues hehe but i want purples and pinks fx

Well ladies, I'm out. Was so lovely to get to know you all. Beat of luck to everyone going forward.

so very sorry lalalo:cry: may god bless u:hugs:

nennakay- im sorri i dont have medicaid i got something else but my sister does have it and what id do is id call up to see what they cover and what they dont because i dont think everybody insurance is the same!
your know different for each states but i know for sure they cover 12 & 20 and they should also cover the one where they check the size and stuff of the baby towards the end to make sure all is ok for birth

I'm so sorry lalalo. Take time to heal and rest.

I'm having a freakout day. If I lose this baby after seeing the hb it will kill me. I'm just always so scared something is wrong

:hi: ladies! great new scans!!

just wondering anyone else going to stay team yellow? I found out with my son and kinda regretted not having the surprise at the end so am not going to find out this time! xx

Nope, I do not have the will power to wait lol! I also very much look forward to finding out so I can call baby by his/her name :D My husband is the same way, nearly every other day he brings up when we'll most likely be finding out if there's a little Jonathan or Aisling in there :)

Is anyone else starting to show? This is my first and it seems way early but there is a definite little bump! If I try to suck it in to button up my jeans (impossible now lol) it absolutely doesn't budge, it is the strangest feeling!

Breadsticks - my pants are all definitely all tighter already but I don't know if it's just the infamous pregnancy bloat or what. I already have a super fun couple months pregnant looking belly courtesy of my first though.. so I haven't started taking any bump shots yet. I'd just be depressed!

We paid for a private gender scan last time because the couldn't tell us at our 20 week scan and we were dying to know.

Breadsticks- this is my 1st too and I'm quite surprised that I'm starting to show a bit as well. The few friends that know have been commenting that all of a sudden I seem to be showing. None of my work pants fit anymore~ and I feel like the skirts/dresses just emphasize the start of the bump I'm having. A friend gave me a couple of her maternity clothes and those pants have been the perfect thing right now! It's getting harder to find work outfits that disguise that area...

I have a scan on Dec. 12 when I'll be 11 1/2 weeks and if all looks good, I'll tell work that week and can stop hiding it :winkwink:

I'm so sorry lalalo. Take time to heal and rest.

I'm having a freakout day. If I lose this baby after seeing the hb it will kill me. I'm just always so scared something is wrong

Donna, I have freak out days too :hugs: Hang in there lady! I am having mild cramping and have felt so unsure about it all. I go to the washroom TERRIFIED there will be blood. I don't feel preggers at all. I have always suffered from bloated belly (IBS) and other than cramps, I hardly feel sick until night time, and breasts are not tender at all.

But we saw a heartbeat 10 days ago, and today at 9 weeks, we heard it! Can't believe it! If it's meant to be, it'll happen hun. Baby and your body knows just what to do. Hang in there :hugs:

So sorry lalalo :hugs:

I had another awful day today. Was in the car on the way to see my mother for the weekend (2 hour journey).. 30 minutes from there, I felt another gush. :( Bright red blood again, and had to sit in it for 30 minutes. Kept gushing, with MASSIVE clots, definitely bigger than the last episode. However, I rushed to find the heartbeat on the doppler and heard it again, so I'm hoping baby is fine and it's just this stupid bleeding!! :nope:

I had another awful day today. Was in the car on the way to see my mother for the weekend (2 hour journey).. 30 minutes from there, I felt another gush. :( Bright red blood again, and had to sit in it for 30 minutes. Kept gushing, with MASSIVE clots, definitely bigger than the last episode. However, I rushed to find the heartbeat on the doppler and heard it again, so I'm hoping baby is fine and it's just this stupid bleeding!! :nope:

Whig - golly.. I'd be terrified all the time. How are you coping? Glad you could find a heartbeat on your own!

I'm so glad you found baby's heart beat! I can't imagine how stressful that was, I sure hope that your bleeding stops soon!

Whig - sorry you are having the bleeding again!!!!!!!!!! Hope it slows back up again for you!!!!

nenna - have you applied for presumptive eligibility with medicaid? They did that when I went to my first doc appt on Monday, then they scheduled my scan and said to make sure I give them my form. But I had already applied for medicaid so it is already in the process as well. They said to make sure I keep my presumptive eligibility paper on me until I get my card in the mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->