~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Anyone else not getting a scan until 18-20 weeks? My midwife said that they don't do a 12 wk scan, I'm super disappointed that I have to wait so long!

I know a lot of council areas like that.. I think Glasgow was actually one but I was lucky enough to be 20 minutes out in Inverclyde where you got the 12 and 20. I'd hate to wait 20 weeks. That first scan is so important in helping me realize that HEY! There's actually a baby in there!

SugarBeth - hubby would pass out if I brought home a newfie! LOL I had 3 labs growing up so it's kinda odd to not have a dog in the house. Granted a lot less responsibility though, what with not having to walk them!

I feel like J would never have self weaned if I left it up to her, but really she was down to nursing only at bedtime though so we just used a LOT of distraction and would try to exhaust her so she'd just pass out. :D We had tried a few times before but it was torture. They really aren't ready until they're ready!

We've discussed names but it'll take us ages to agree as we both have such different ideas.

Poor Kate having HG but I hope it'll bring it more awareness. I'm feeling ick and hope it's not the start of HG again.

There have been studies which have been inconclusive about multiple scans not being good for the baby - I think there was a thread about it in
Natural parenting on here. I know some mums choose to have no scans

Abagail, my hospital only recently started to offer a 12 week scan - I couldn't believe it as there's no way I would have been able to wait so long!! Can your budget stretch to paying for a private one?

SB ouch at bleeding nipples! I can't imagine nursing right now either...

Kath that's very annoying - you're only a week behind me and I have my SCAN on 18th Dec!

Aah yes exciting about Kate and Wills, I really hope people don't thing HG is for princesses - I've seen some press articles criticising her for 'not being able to cope with morning sickness' - grrr it drives me mad I'd like to inflict HG on people that write articles like that and see how they like it!

Rant over :rofl:

Abagail, my hospital only recently started to offer a 12 week scan - I couldn't believe it as there's no way I would have been able to wait so long!! Can your budget stretch to paying for a private one?

SB ouch at bleeding nipples! I can't imagine nursing right now either...

Kath that's very annoying - you're only a week behind me and I have my SCAN on 18th Dec!

Yes I know, I was expecting mine between Christmas and new year but I'm worried I won't get the appointment because of the bank holidays and the post! Argggh ... Hope they get me in!

So, I just read through the posts for the last few days... Yikes! You guys sure do keep me on my toes. :haha: Anyway. On to introductions:

My name is Jenna and my OH is Michael. We have been married for a year and a half now. We were shooting for a summer break baby: SCORE! :happydance: so I wouldn't have to take time off from school or the job search after I graduate in May 2013.

I am a homebody... I love to hang out with friends, but a lot of times I'm happy to watch a movie snuggled on the couch with my OH or curl up reading a book. We are animal lovers. We have 5 dogs and 4 cats... All outdoors, but still loved. :flower:

I live in Indiana and I love it here. I've never lived anywhere but out in the country :mamafy: and my OH had to make serious adjustments when he moved in with me because he's a city boy through and through! :haha:

This is our first baby and we're both excited! I become an aunt for the first time about three months before I become a mommy for the first time, so that should be interesting. I'm 25, 26 in January and my OH is 28.

we were talking about names last night and my hubby likes sebastian for a boy (i hate it) wyatt and sawyer. for a girl we like charlotte and riley. i change my mind a lot so who knows!

Our mind is definitely made up for a girl, wilhelmina evelyn. and i think for a boy we're going with Elliot moseley, but my Dh is in charge of boy name so he may change it, who knows! but the girl name is set :)

Hi ladies, it's been a while posting here for me as I'm soo sick most of the time I don't have the energy to post :(

Anyway since we're doing introductions... I'm Simmy, my little boy Leo is 16 months and he's fab. I live in London, UK and have been married to my DH Paul for 4 years. Oh and I'm 33!

Hope everyone is doing well. This thread moves so fast but I do try to keep reading :)

Our kids are the same age! So cool. :thumbup:

I don't think my boobs have grown much at all. I asked my DH and he informed me that two weeks ago they looked bigger to him but he said they havent changed much since then. I was like "realy? 2 weeks ago?":haha: I have noticed the nipples getting larger but that's about it.

Agree- poor Kate having such terrible morning sickness! Hope she will e ok after the first trimester! As for me my ms seems to have gone. I am almost 10 weeks depending on which date I use. I read somewhere that the hormone levels kind of plateau around 9-10 weeks and the placenta starts to take over...I really hope that is why.

As for clothes- I kept most of my maternity stuff from my first pregnancy and I got some stuff for my 2nd off gumtree.com.au off an nice lady who lived about 4 minutes away from my house who was doing a clear out. I am also just wearing some baggy tops etc.

With weight I gained about 20kg with my first - not sure how to convert that to pounds. Mostly it was fluid retention and my giant almost 9 pound baby. I had edema so badly with her I couldn't fit into any of my shoes my feet were so swollen.

I'm 9 weeks today!!!! So excited!!! And my ticker moved up a box :D it actually looks like a real baby now :D

Anyone else not getting a scan until 18-20 weeks? My midwife said that they don't do a 12 wk scan, I'm super disappointed that I have to wait so long!

With my first baby I only had one scan, the 20 week one.

For my other two though I had a 12 week scan, a 20 week scan, and a later weight-estimation scan. So three in total.

Odd how things are different, yet all three were born in the same hospital.

SugarBeth - hubby would pass out if I brought home a newfie! LOL I had 3 labs growing up so it's kinda odd to not have a dog in the house. Granted a lot less responsibility though, what with not having to walk them!

I feel like J would never have self weaned if I left it up to her, but really she was down to nursing only at bedtime though so we just used a LOT of distraction and would try to exhaust her so she'd just pass out. :D We had tried a few times before but it was torture. They really aren't ready until they're ready!

I had DH promise that once we're done having babies in ten years or so, that I could get a Newfie. He was fine with it, luckily! Knowing me, I would have just come home with a puppy one day! lol.

Not that I can think about that right now. My three dogs are driving me out of my mind. They're so naughty ever since I got pregnant. They're constantly throwing trash around, chewing on things they shouldn't, and pottying in the house. They weren't like this a few weeks ago, and I can't handle the extra work! We never put them in cages, but I had DH bring them up from the basement today so I can focus on running after my toddler, making meals, keeping the house clean, and throwing up without also adding their constant messes to my list.

alice we were going to only do the one 20wk gender scan with our first and when I phoned to book it in the lady on the phone said to bring my previous scans in...I was like "what do you mean previous scans?" and she was like "girl you haven't got any scans- come down now and we'll scan you" So I ended up getting scanned at 17wks and then the normal 20wk one. My DH was so funny when they said "it is fairly certain this one is a girl" He wasn't convinced and so we booked a private 4D scan where the lady pointed out that it WAS a girl and explained to him how they can tell it isn't a boy. Then we went shopping for pink things :p He is convinced this next one is a boy...I hope he won't be disappointed!

I was only supposed to have the 12w and the 20w scan but the tech in the hospital couldn't /wasn't willing to look at the gender so we booked a private one. Then of course I was back in the hospital for at least 3 more scans to measure the baby for various reasons! Never assume because they say one that you'll only get one. lol

SugarBeth - I think we might get our puppy when our second(and last) baby is potty trained. The kids would be about 5 and 2. That sounds like a good time to get a dog. Just gotta get OH used to newfies and russian terriers etc so he thinks a bernese is small! I think he's confusing them with St Bernards honestly.

My heartburn is actually worse than my nausea at this exact moment in time. I'm not sure how I feel about that... but I THINK I'm happy....

Congrats on 9 weeks junemomma!

Libbysmum - Yay for kids the same age - we have really close due dates too! :happydance: How do you feel about having two under two (just!) ?? What's your DD called?

Today I have felt so blah! My tummy hurt all day. Was nauseated most of the day. So tired where I had to stay up til midnight getting homework done and then up at 6am for work. Right now I'm ready for bed and i can't go!

With DS I had a scan scheduled for 20 weeks. At 12 weeks I had spotting and called the doc office and they said don't worry about it. I made a HUGE fuss and finally the doc was like fine come in and you'll see everything is OK. So I went straight in crying knowing what was to come but sure enough he was snuggled in there. I think the spotting came from where I got sick and it strained me so much.

Libbysmum - Yay for kids the same age - we have really close due dates too! :happydance: How do you feel about having two under two (just!) ?? What's your DD called?

Her name is Liberty she will be 2 on 11th of July, Hubby's birthday is the 1st of July and our Wedding anniversary is the 31st of July and this next baby is due either the 1st-according to my LMP or the 3rd according to my last scan or 5th previous scan due date...lol:haha:

Her name is Liberty she will be 2 on 11th of July, Hubby's birthday is the 1st of July and our Wedding anniversary is the 31st of July and this next baby is due either the 1st-according to my LMP or the 3rd according to my last scan or 5th previous scan due date...lol:haha:

That's a bit like our July month - DD's birthday is July 2nd, my birthday is July 6th, and our due date is July 21st. Should be a busy month for DH! lol

Evening all, hope everyones doing OK today. I have stated getting quite a bad ache in my butt which the midwife said was probably due to stretching ligaments. I never realised that being pregnant could be such a literal pain in the bum!

xkatiex - our cat hated other people too. Loved us but no one else. The day we brought the baby home though she was smitten. Like she knew it was part of us and needed her love. Never scratched, bitten or even hissed at her!! I was so relieved.

i hope our cat acts the same!!!!!!! i'im so worried about it!!! if anything i might have to give her kitty xanax lol

Well if you do have problems let me know. (I'm a feline behaviorist) Hopefully the mixed smells will be enough. But definitely rub a baby blanket around your cat's face and then cuddle baby with it and give back to the kitty before you come home with the new one. it'll help her relax and understand that the baby is part of her family.

Thanks for the tip, we have 3 cats and I was a bit worried about how they would cope, will try this.

Did you have an earlier scan? We only get 2 scans here, 12 weeks and at 20 weeks. Seems like a long wait though.

Hi girls, I'm a bit annoyed as I rang my doctors at 6 weeks to book my 8 week appt but they told me to ring back at 8 week so I rang today at 8+2 and can't get an apt until, 18th dec. I hope I get my 12 week scan on time then!! I want the nuchal test so they'll have to fit me in!

Sooo girls do you think wills and Kate are going to join us in the July sunbeams :haha:

Thats really annoying! At least with our midwife they let us book the appointment in advance. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we can get a scan before Christmas, but i think its more likely to be in January now as they only sent the booking request today

Miss Bellum I did have an earlier scan at 6 wks. Apparently it's their policy to do an early dating scan, an anatomy scan at 18-20 wks and then the 3d scan around 35 wks. I asked about getting the NT scan at 12 wks and my midwife said they don't do the 12 wk scan and insurance doesn't cover it. I would get one done privately but DH won't let me spend the money, he thinks it's the easiest thing in the world to just wait until the 18-20 wks scan, wish I had his patience lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->