~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Do you always get blood tests done in the US? I've never had any done!

I live in Australia but it is common practice here to have bloods firstly to test that you are indeed pregnant. The 2nd lot of bloods is to check for everything else...sexually transmitted diseases, iron, vitamin levels, etc.

Then later in 2nd trimester you have a blood glucose test
Then in 3rd trimester blood taken for some other reason but I cant remember now.

I only had the bloodtests done (for iron etc) from like my 16 week appointment onwards. Never had a test to confirm pregnancy, just had normal urine tests at home.

The Glucose test is only done here if you're at risk for diabetes!

I think it is funny how each country has their own ways to do things. Everyone gets the glucose test here...cause how do you know if you are at risk or not without being tested?

Thankfully I didn't have any problems with my bgt with my first pregnancy...hope nobody does!

welcome to the group Alanna
Sorry for your previous MC's I know how horrible that can be. I didn't even think about something like that happening until it happened in our 2nd pregnancy...I started spotting at 11wks and 5days and had the u/S which they told me there was no heartbeat and it had only measured 7wks and 1 day...heartbreaking!
I really hope the best for you and your newbie and hope it sticks and is healthy :) all the best for the upcoming months :)

Thanks, :hugs: hope that everything goes well for you this time aswell.

I feel terrible this morning. Started getting a sore throat yesterday. Went to bed at 930 last night. Woke up several times with chillls and general malaise :( I feel awful. Anyone else developed a sickness this early on? Should I be worried?

Can I join you girls? currently 4w5d and due July 2nd!!!

JessinChi - you have the same due date as me! Woooooooooooooooooooo! xx

H&H 9 months!!!

I had one of those awful dreams last night that you believe is true. I woke up this morning believing I'd suffered a MC. It was awful! Do you think we dream out our worst fears ladies? x

I feel terrible this morning. Started getting a sore throat yesterday. Went to bed at 930 last night. Woke up several times with chillls and general malaise :( I feel awful. Anyone else developed a sickness this early on? Should I be worried?

I felt like that all last week, just awful, feeling a bit better this week. Just tired and grumpy! lol Dnt think you should be over worried.

Thanks Britney & Lauki, it went okay.. Won't know the results until tomorrow though!

Britney, you'll be fine. :hugs: It's so nerve wracking though isn't it?!

Welcome and congratulations alanna! :happydance:

Welcome Alanna!! We have the same due date! :) Congratulations!!

libbysmum, everyone here in the U.S. gets the glucose test as well to check for gestational diabetes. I've never heard of someone not getting that test.

junemomma, hope you feel better soon!!!

I've been sneezing like crazy and it's not a good sneeze. It's hard sneezes that hurt my throat. I ended up hurting myself last night trying to turn over in bed. Had a muscle lock up on me or something. It was a quick sharp pain! It made me stop moving so I had to apologize to my LO. Was hoping it wouldn't hurt it. This morning I'm starving!

hi all could i join?? im due the 10th of july we found out at 9DPO and was confirmed today =D :happydance: #2 YAY!!!

Lovn.sunshine~ I saw your update on our front page- I'm so sorry. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Be gentle with yourself in this time. I know how hard it can be. I hope after your break that you find December is your magical month!

Sunshine, so sorry :hugs: Are you completely sure? :( :(

Please don't feel like you have to keep updating the thread, I'm sure we could have it transferred over to someone else? Let us know how you get on xxx

I have my first appointment booked!!!! It's on November 29 when I'll be 8 weeks 2 days. I get to see my bean for the first time as they'll be doing an ultrasound :) I hope baby sticks!!!

Hi Ladies, I just wanted to come on and say goodbye sadly my little sunbeam wasn't meant to be. I wanted to wish you all a happy healthy pregnancy.

Mildred xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->