~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Afternoon ladies! I'm in hospital, the vomiting started yesterday morning and didn't stop, admitted this morning. Definitely got hyperemesis again. Had some IV zofran and I'm on my 2nd bag of fluids. The dr scanned me too and baby is fine.

Aaisrie, hopefully they get you feeling much better very quickly so you can get back home!! Hate to hear so many people being admitted to the hospital from morning sickness!!! So glad to hear you got a scan and your baby is doing well! :hugs:

Thanks, I wish it WAS "just" morning sickness!! I would give my right arm for it.. It's hyperemesis gravidarum, it's NOTHING like morning sickness!! I had normal morning sickness with my daughter. This is like the worse food poisoning/stomach bug where you can't keep ANYTHING down, I've lost half a stone already. The last thing I kept down was 2 days ago, I'm so dehydrated I couldn't even pass urine.

Sorry you have that illness! I know it's not "just" morning sickness. I just couldn't think of the name of it as I know you have talked about it before but I don't know how to spell it. I hate to hear that it makes you so ill and not able to keep anything down that you end up being dehydrated. To be honest this is the first forum I've heard anything about it. I hope you can get something to help with it so you aren't so sick all the time!!

Sorry you have that illness! I know it's not "just" morning sickness. I just couldn't think of the name of it as I know you have talked about it before but I don't know how to spell it. I hate to hear that it makes you so ill and not able to keep anything down that you end up being dehydrated. To be honest this is the first forum I've heard anything about it. I hope you can get something to help with it so you aren't so sick all the time!!

I'm the same way, I had heard of it before by people who had HG but it was always referred to me as a very extreme form of morning sickness. I never actually knew what it was called until I came to these boards, but I knew about it and what it all entailed. I can't imagine feeling that sick, I've only ever been on an IV for dehydration once (swine flu) but I had only been vomiting and unable to eat/drink at all for about 3 days and felt completely back to normal within about a week from the end of my vomiting spell. It would be so hard to feel that sick for longer!

Aaisrie, I hope you are feeling better!

Hyperemesis is basically a severe form of morning sickness. It sucks! I had it with my first born and have it now, though fortunately the meds they have me on seem to be keeping me feeling more normal. I'm grateful I was only hospitalized once! The dr said I looked completely drained when she saw me the first day after being admitted. That's basically what it does to you. And no matter what meds they give you, you keep vomiting even without drinking or eating. I was vomiting stomach bile that kept accruing :(

So I know exactly how you're feeling aaisrie, and I hope you get to feeling better soon!! It's the worst to be that ill.

Sweets have been making me feel sick too- and I usually have such a sweet tooth! I've been wanting plain spaghetti with butter- made some tonight and it was SO good. I went through a couple weeks when all I wanted were those mini oranges- I'd go through 8-10/day plus lots of OJ. That craving has passed and I mostly just want carbs, like the pasta or bagel with butter, and vanilla yogurt.

Either we're a very unlucky bunch of July mummies all suffering with morning sickness - or perhaps it's just us frequent posters being loud about it. *laughs* It's so hard to talk about anything else when it's soo all consuming. I sometimes worry that it's all my friends think I talk about anymore. Of course it's their fault for asking me how I feel in the first place. lol

I've been moving around A LOT today and that actually seems to make it better. Less time to think about it? I'm not sure. It's still there but at least I got a few things done... we were starting to run out of clean clothes over here! Being outside at the parade was nice. :) and success! no puking in public occurred!

Has anyone else constantly been getting a really off taste in their mouth? Feels like I can taste the chemicals in everything. I'm getting sooo frustrated with the food colouring and artificial sweetners in everything! I honestly could not find a pack of gum at the checkout without aspartame in it!! I was so angry. Plus I wanted to buy some strawberry milk and red40 was the 3rd ingredient!!! THRID!! argh!

Oh and I completely agree! Yesterday at Breakfast with Santa I ate 3 clementine oranges. I didn't really want one when I started but by the time I got it in my mouth it was the best thing in the world! I had to keep going back for more. I was peeling my third when a friend asked where I got it. I looked at her, handed her a slice and said, "umm here, have a piece I ate all of them."

Sweets have been making me feel sick too- and I usually have such a sweet tooth! I've been wanting plain spaghetti with butter- made some tonight and it was SO good. I went through a couple weeks when all I wanted were those mini oranges- I'd go through 8-10/day plus lots of OJ. That craving has passed and I mostly just want carbs, like the pasta or bagel with butter, and vanilla yogurt.
I've been craving a lot of carbs recently too!! And wow, look at you, almost 11 weeks along! You must be so excited!

Either we're a very unlucky bunch of July mummies all suffering with morning sickness - or perhaps it's just us frequent posters being loud about it. *laughs* It's so hard to talk about anything else when it's soo all consuming. I sometimes worry that it's all my friends think I talk about anymore. Of course it's their fault for asking me how I feel in the first place. lol

I've been moving around A LOT today and that actually seems to make it better. Less time to think about it? I'm not sure. It's still there but at least I got a few things done... we were starting to run out of clean clothes over here! Being outside at the parade was nice. :) and success! no puking in public occurred!

Has anyone else constantly been getting a really off taste in their mouth? Feels like I can taste the chemicals in everything. I'm getting sooo frustrated with the food colouring and artificial sweetners in everything! I honestly could not find a pack of gum at the checkout without aspartame in it!! I was so angry. Plus I wanted to buy some strawberry milk and red40 was the 3rd ingredient!!! THRID!! argh!

Oh and I completely agree! Yesterday at Breakfast with Santa I ate 3 clementine oranges. I didn't really want one when I started but by the time I got it in my mouth it was the best thing in the world! I had to keep going back for more. I was peeling my third when a friend asked where I got it. I looked at her, handed her a slice and said, "umm here, have a piece I ate all of them."
I get this bitter sweet-like taste in my mouth all the time. But it's not the good kind of sweet. No matter how many times I brush my teeth it comes back all the time :(

I too keep getting a weird taste in my mouth. Don't know how to describe it but I tried to chew some gum yesterday and spit it out relatively quickly because it had a weird texture and I was going to get sick.

myra, I had oj this morning at a santa breakfast. Normally I can only drink the simply orange oj but I drank 2 cups of this oj and I know it wasn't simply orange. LOL! But it was really good! I think I'm going to try the cuties. My DS loves them and I've never tried them. We are going tomorrow to get some stuff from the grocery.

I too keep getting a weird taste in my mouth. Don't know how to describe it but I tried to chew some gum yesterday and spit it out relatively quickly because it had a weird texture and I was going to get sick.

myra, I had oj this morning at a santa breakfast. Normally I can only drink the simply orange oj but I drank 2 cups of this oj and I know it wasn't simply orange. LOL! But it was really good! I think I'm going to try the cuties. My DS loves them and I've never tried them. We are going tomorrow to get some stuff from the grocery.

lol we must all be a little vitamin c deficient!

Oh yes I have that awful taste! I gets worse after I brush! Because it tastes yucky with the minty flavor. I'm having a hard enough time brushing as it is! Used my Doppler for the first time. Couldn't find hb but could hear the placenta whooshing! It was really loud!

I have such a hard time keeping up with these posts!
Feeling tired today- hardly any sleep. I guess work xmas parties will do that!
DH went to work on his day off...he wont get paid for the extra hours and it is his only day off this week. I was not too happy about it! I hate being by myself with just the little one.

Hey all hope your all doing well :)
I am exhausted!! Working plus a 13 month old is getting very tiring!! But my morning sickness has almost all gone, so apart from the forming belly and exhaustion I don't really feel pregnant at the moment :( the 3rd of January still seems like ages away for our next scan!!

so I'm getting worried, I'm hungry lots but not for anything in particular. Should my nausea be letting up this soon? I get it but not like I did earlier in the week. Smells are still strong, DH breakfast made me move to another part of the room until he finished. My boobs aren't as sore either....

I'm going to get a dating US soon, so that should help me confirm anything.

Thoughts?

Same here! I haven't been sick once, had slight nausea but nothing food doesn't solve! I feel fine in myself, a little tired but that's it. No sore boobs nothing!
I'm a bit worried too! Though I had hardly any symptoms with my son either.
Wish my dating scan was soon, still got another 3-4 weeks. I'm going to try a Doppler I think.

I think we might just be on the luckier end of the symptom range! I am very much the same, not much in the way of MS, just occasional nausea, I get tired earlier, and tend to take extra naps when I'm at home. I did have some ligament pain but that seems to be clearing up. It does make you a bit worried though, when you see so many other people with acute symptoms, and you are left wondering if anything is actually happening! I am looking forward to my scan on the 21st, just to confirm that little bean is actually in there and doing OK.

Round ligament pain already!!! I say it's just too darn early for that! Lol

I have that too! Its painful and annoying isn't it?

I have such a hard time keeping up with these posts!
Feeling tired today- hardly any sleep. I guess work xmas parties will do that!
DH went to work on his day off...he wont get paid for the extra hours and it is his only day off this week. I was not too happy about it! I hate being by myself with just the little one.

I went to my xmas party on Friday and spent much of Saturday evening asleep. Sorry to hear your husband has to go into work, that sucks.

I don't know what it was about the OJ (esp the kind w lots of pulp) but I could drink half a container in one sitting and be in such bliss! ;-)

I've been craving a lot of carbs recently too!! And wow, look at you, almost 11 weeks along! You must be so excited!

I'm a bit nervous about the pounds going up with all the carbs but if I'm one of the lucky ones, hopefully in 2nd tri my stomach won't hurt so much when I eat and I can cut back on carbs and do a better job adding variety.

Yes, so excited to be 11 weeks today!!!!! The weeks (days...minutes...) HAVE been creeping along but I guess time still passes anyway :). 3 more days until my scan!!! And 5 more days til I tell work- it's going to be interesting since my OH and I work at the same school, have been together for 1 1/2 yrs, trying for a baby for 5 months...but no one at work knows we're together. No time like the present for them to find out!

I haven't been sick today!!!! My ketones are still 4+ but I did manage to eat half a bowl of soup and 1/4 piece of lasagne!! Really hoping I can get home tomorrow but they won't let me home until my ketones are down...

I haven't been sick today!!!! My ketones are still 4+ but I did manage to eat half a bowl of soup and 1/4 piece of lasagne!! Really hoping I can get home tomorrow but they won't let me home until my ketones are down...

Hopefully with food your body will start playing nice. At least it was over the weekend so you OH could be home. FX for you to get out tomorrow. Rest easy my dear no point in fighting it. :hugs:

Yea with the HG last time when I had a good day I always did too much and suffered for it. I'm gonna be taking it as easy as I can with 2 wee ones to look after!!
Just waiting on my DD to come visit me! Missed my babies... Wish I could see DS too :(

Glad to hear you're feeling better and able to eat! Hopefully it's just uphill from here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->