~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I think I will be out as well ladies. I can't hear anything on the Doppler everyone else here can so I don't beleive the bs about you can't here yet. I can't hear the placenta like the other night either. Just whoosh of my blood I'm sure. This will kill me my life sucks. I don't have any reason to live if the baby dies

Dopplers can be very inaccurate, and if your placenta is in the front (like mine was last time) it's nearly impossible to hear it. If you're worried, schedule an appointment, but I definitely wouldn't count you out just from not hearing it on the doppler. Most pregnant women won't go near them because they cause so much fear instead of reassurance. They're tricky!

I think I will be out as well ladies. I can't hear anything on the Doppler everyone else here can so I don't beleive the bs about you can't here yet. I can't hear the placenta like the other night either. Just whoosh of my blood I'm sure. This will kill me my life sucks. I don't have any reason to live if the baby dies

Try to relax. That's the bad thing about having a Doppler, you can't always find the heartbeat. I hope it all works out for you

Try not to worry. I couldn't find the heartbeat or anything on the doppler once when the baby was alive but much later that night we found it. :hugs: Also, if you've never heard it before then it's likely that it's probably too early for you. I have no idea why I heard mine at 9w1d but it's very rare compared to other people definitely. :flower:

(Sorry if anyone is offended I'm posting here, but I am still lurking and if I ever see anything where I feel I can reassure I will definitely chime in if no one minds.)

Thank you ladies but it's more then that. I have back pain and constipation and that's what happened last time I mc. Good things just don't happen to me

Thank you ladies but it's more then that. I have back pain and constipation and that's what happened last time I mc. Good things just don't happen to me

I'd try to stay positive if that's possible. Back pain and constipation are very normal for any healthy pregnancy. :hugs:

Whig- I'm sure others here would echo me on this~ you are always welcome and part of our group, and goodness knows, we could all use a bit of reassurance here and there. Sending you and your OH many hugs and hoping you find some moments of peace during this time.:hugs:

whig~you are more than welcome, you still have a july sunbeam baby, so does everyone else who's beans have turned into angels that are part or our group. Don't apologize.

Donna I have just got a doppler yesterday- they are tricky to figure out...we are trying to find the hb on ours but keep hearing my arteries which I know isn't the baby cause it's way too slow. And 10 weeks is still early...my doctor refuses to take the heartbeat until I am at least 16weeks cause he says it is too hard to find earlier and he is a professional. If the professionals find it hard to do then I am sure you and I will find it hard being untrained in fetal heart finding. Try not to worry about the constipation...I suffer from it too. It could be that our placenta is getting in the way. With my first pregnancy my placenta was anterior which means it sat right at the front. I didn't feel anything no movements or kicking or anything until I was around 23wks. I worried the baby had died or something but we have a perfectly cheeky toddler right now.

I have back pain and constipation. Only thing that has saved me the last couple of days is the body pillow my OH got me has helped so much with the back pain! Drinking a ton of water will help with the constipation as well.

As far as hearing the heartbeat....We heard it yesterday but the nurse practitioner said we probably wouldn't be able to because it's still early and that was at 10 +6. She said it's still tucked behind the pelvic bone so it's very hard to hear this early on. What we heard was very light whoosh and I wouldn't have even known it was that but she hollered there it is. She was pressing hard and it took her a while to find it. So dont worry about not hearing the heartbeat yet. It's still early! And she was using a medical professional powerful device.

Hi ladies :). I have my NT test - first ultrasound and blood work on dec. 28th. I'm so excited as this is my first pregnancy :). Constipation has been tough but dried prunes seem to help. No ms (I feel very lucky!) and just battling crazy fatigue and boob pain lol.
What an exciting journey!

welcome beachgal :) Thank goodness it is stone fruits season in Australia is all I can say!

welcome beachgal :) Thank goodness it is stone fruits season in Australia is all I can say!

i second that!! i am LOVING all the fruit at the moment!!! :happydance:
it seems as though my sickness has gone!! (soo not jinxing myself haha :haha:) im a week away from announcing to everyone who doesnt know (which isnt many ha) and im so worried about my next scan! i know i shouldnt be but anything can happen... :dohh:

Hey ladies

MW office called to give me the date for our dating US. December 19. Which is Did Moroz day (when "St Nick" leaves gifts for Ukrainian kids) So hopefully Did Moroz gives us a strong heartbeat!

We opted not to get the genetic testing ultrasound. We wouldn't terminate even if the risks were super high. We worked too hard for this baby!

Told the boss today. I said I needed to have a chat, and it was a 'close the door' kind of chat. He doesn't like those, so I told him he could have one guess why I needed to talk to him. He guessed pregnant right away. I told him it's still early so that we'll wait another few weeks to tell the world but I wanted him to know now because of appts and illness time I'm taking and I wanted to be ahead of that gossip mill.
He understood. But was rather funny. 'You could have kept being sick and had a huge belly and I likely would have thought it was bloating from gout'......and then said that I should tell him when I'm sure there's a baby in there (after we get the ultrasound) and I said yes 'that or a dud'.... and he made a Quasimodo type face.. Which given our anti racism and anti oppression training we just had Monday and Tuesday is exceptionally funny for me. (he's so inappropriate, if we were corporate he'd have a file so big in the HR department....).

Anyway. After confirming that I indeed would be coming back after mat leave... and discussing how to 'run the ship' while I'm away he said 'just tell me when it's official ok' (he sucks at keeping secrets).

I feel better knowing him, and some close people know. I really think I'd need the support should something go wrong.

Anyway, off to bed for me (I already had my nap when I got home but I'm tired again).

The constipation, heartburn and insomnia are not really cool right now. I get those on the days that I'm battling morning sickness. Fun times.

I still can't believed we tried so hard for a whole year so I could feel this miserable.... this baby better be cute!

Hi ladies :). I have my NT test - first ultrasound and blood work on dec. 28th. I'm so excited as this is my first pregnancy :). Constipation has been tough but dried prunes seem to help. No ms (I feel very lucky!) and just battling crazy fatigue and boob pain lol.
What an exciting journey!

Welcome!!! Hope you enjoy every moment! The breast pain can definitely be horrible!!! It hurts me just to take my bra off!!! I was sitting at work and they just started throbbing! Nothing touching them. Hopefully it'll taper off for everyone once they are done growing! :) Hopefully the fatigue will also start fading away in the next few weeks for you! :)

Donna - if it helps at all my midwife had trouble finding the heartbeat at 14 weeks! Was considering sending me across the hall for a scan but eventually got it. It was always really difficult for them to find seems like. Maybe you have an anterior placenta?

Ilovehim - I'm speechless... they couldn't even give you any indication of what might have happened?? I cannot believe the tech at the early scan was so cruel as not to mention there might be a problem! That's horrible. :( I'm so sorry.

We finally got our tree up an decorated tonight so I ate least feel like something's accomplished, haven't written or ordered our christmas cards yet... blerg. Had an appointment at the dentists tonight. Everything was fine. Was fun when she asked if there was any possibility I might be pregnant because they wanted to do x-rays... and I was like. "Yes." her - a possibility? me: No. I am. :) hehehe

On the downside my morning sickness is picking UP rather than slacking off. I was throwing up every two days or so, but it's been every morning now. :( It's disgusting and I hate it. I just want to get to the big, fat, and can't move stage. I'm done with feeling like death. :(

Hey ladies

MW office called to give me the date for our dating US. December 19. Which is Did Moroz day (when "St Nick" leaves gifts for Ukrainian kids) So hopefully Did Moroz gives us a strong heartbeat!

We opted not to get the genetic testing ultrasound. We wouldn't terminate even if the risks were super high. We worked too hard for this baby!

Told the boss today. I said I needed to have a chat, and it was a 'close the door' kind of chat. He doesn't like those, so I told him he could have one guess why I needed to talk to him. He guessed pregnant right away. I told him it's still early so that we'll wait another few weeks to tell the world but I wanted him to know now because of appts and illness time I'm taking and I wanted to be ahead of that gossip mill.
He understood. But was rather funny. 'You could have kept being sick and had a huge belly and I likely would have thought it was bloating from gout'......and then said that I should tell him when I'm sure there's a baby in there (after we get the ultrasound) and I said yes 'that or a dud'.... and he made a Quasimodo type face.. Which given our anti racism and anti oppression training we just had Monday and Tuesday is exceptionally funny for me. (he's so inappropriate, if we were corporate he'd have a file so big in the HR department....).

Anyway. After confirming that I indeed would be coming back after mat leave... and discussing how to 'run the ship' while I'm away he said 'just tell me when it's official ok' (he sucks at keeping secrets).

I feel better knowing him, and some close people know. I really think I'd need the support should something go wrong.

Anyway, off to bed for me (I already had my nap when I got home but I'm tired again).

The constipation, heartburn and insomnia are not really cool right now. I get those on the days that I'm battling morning sickness. Fun times.

I still can't believed we tried so hard for a whole year so I could feel this miserable.... this baby better be cute!

You're baby is going to be super cute!!! You'll forget all of this by the time your baby is born and your holding it!! :)

Oh yeah, question for ya guys. I mentioned to the hygienist the weird taste I've been getting in my mouth, the chemically sweet gross one. We were talking about me chewing gum because it's so hard to brush your teeth when you have to eat every hour! (and then I was lamenting the fact that I couldn't find sugar free gum without aspartame in it.) I thought she'd just say, oh yeah another pregnancy thing. But instead she asks if my doctor has talked to me about gestational diabetes. Apparently a sweet taste in your mouth can be a symptom? Have you ever heard that? Dr.Google doesn't seem to be agreeing.....

i had gestational diabetes and now am insulin dependent, i dont recall a sweet taste in my mouth and as far as i was aware GD doesnt show signs or anything until after 12 weeks, unless you were pre diabetic before hand but best to get checked anyway! good luck! :)

I do know bad breath can be a sign of diabetes but not sure about sweet tastes? I think there are def. bigger signs to look for like needing to drink loads of water and peeing a whole lot. but this is hard to diagnose in someone pregnant as they pee a lot and usually drink lots anyhow...lol
I got to go cause the DD wants to do colouring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->