~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Hi all, had my booking in appt with the midwife finally! Was a rush as LO and I fell asleep and we woke up 15 minutes before my appt oops.
My blood pressure was slightly high and the more worrying thing is I had carbon monoxide in my system... No idea why...i don't smoke, never have! So I'm off to buy a detector in the morning. Hope our boiler is not faulty!
Strange they test for it, they didn't before with my last LO. She also did my wee and bloods!
Scan date will be winging its way to me in the next week :happydance:

Donna so glad you found the hb :happydance:
To the person that doesn't wee much, I don't either. I get up once in the night and just normal through the day!

So sorry to hear of the recent losses :(

My dr appt was long :( my OB had an emergency c-section right before my appt so it took about an hour or so before we went back. I can't really be mad cuz there's not much one can do about an emergency. But it sucked sitting there for so long. She did use the Doppler to search for the heartbeat, of which she couldn't find for the longest time, but then finally found it and it was the best sound ever!! She said it was approx 130's-140's bpm. Baby also gave a nice kick!! My uterus is now peaking up over the pubic bone :) its moved it way out of my pubic bone which would explain the firm bump I have!
DH and I went to look at suv's today as we need a bigger vehicle with #3 on the way! I have a 4 door corolla and DH has a 2 door accord. Neither are big enough for five people! Especially since our son will still be in a booster seat by that time. We're hoping to purchase a newer veh by feb. we've also been looking at rental houses as our 3 bed apartment is way too small for 5 people. It's only 1352 sqft. So we're looking for a 4 bedroom. We looked at one today but we decided the amount they were asking per month wasn't worth the house we'd be getting. Still on the search!

Anyone else getting sicker? I've moved from nauseous all day to throwing up all the time, which makes me even more exhausted. Poor DD keeps getting bored because mommy wants to sleep so much! I was hoping it would get better in time for Christmas, not worse.

Anyone else getting sicker? I've moved from nauseous all day to throwing up all the time, which makes me even more exhausted. Poor DD keeps getting bored because mommy wants to sleep so much! I was hoping it would get better in time for Christmas, not worse.

yup. throwing up more like once every day and sometimes twice. I think I remember it being like this last time.

My pants don't fit anymore. Not the ones that button at my waist which aren't that comfy but the ones that fasten below the belly bulge from the last baby! I'm assuming it's the uterus pushing out because it really is down there at the pelvic line.

Okay... now I have to go make dinner for my family and try not to vomit in the process... wish me luck!

The 9th week was the worst week for me! That's when I lost the most weight and threw up the most frequently. Week 10 was great for me though, I hope it is for you too! :)

Breadsticks - you give me hope! I'm just so afraid of this ending up like my last pregnancy, where it got really bad at 10 weeks, throwing up and nauseous all day, and it stayed that way until I was 7 months! I'm so hoping for an easier time, and feeling a bit crushed that this pregnancy is starting to mimic the last. Hopefully next week will be easier. It would be such a Christmas blessing to get through dinners and family without having to excuse myself and throw up or have to leave early as we did for the last two years (last year for having a cranky baby, and the year before from the same sickness!)

I'm happy that my parents are coming to our place this year so I can just relax and lounge around in my pjs all day if that's what I feel like! I'm sad that we won't be heading over with them to my grandparents for New Years, but there's NO way I'd make a 13 hour drive through the mountains... I'm one of the frequent pee-ers!! Every 2 hours at least! lol

junemomma - I don't know if you're just looking at suvs or considering the crossovers too. I love my Nissan Rouge. Lots of space in the truck and comfortable seating for 5... I can see with 5 you might want one with 2 rows of seats though! :D

Breadsticks - you give me hope! I'm just so afraid of this ending up like my last pregnancy, where it got really bad at 10 weeks, throwing up and nauseous all day, and it stayed that way until I was 7 months! I'm so hoping for an easier time, and feeling a bit crushed that this pregnancy is starting to mimic the last. Hopefully next week will be easier. It would be such a Christmas blessing to get through dinners and family without having to excuse myself and throw up or have to leave early as we did for the last two years (last year for having a cranky baby, and the year before from the same sickness!)

My mom had a really rough pregnancy with me, she was sick nearly the entire time also. With my brother she got better much more quickly. :)

It has now been a week since I got the flu, and it's stll killing me! Not being able to take anything except regular strength Tylenol really sucks. It's so hard, and everything still hurts, I think I have a sinus infetion on top of that, and I'm feeling sorry for myself....that was my whining for the day....

I pulled out my doppler this morning....still can't find the heartbeat....I think I got a lemon, lol....I just want to hear the baby. I watched some You Tube video's of people using a doppler and they find the heart beat in like 10 seconds. I can hear the whooshing of the placenta, but that's it.

Sorry I'm Debbie Downer today, I blame the flu.

Looking forward to all the upcoming 12 week scans....yay:)

I really hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

I had my blood work done this morning. The lady was very gentle I hardly felt it at all. I made a Dr appointment for Friday to get the results and to get a general check over. Seems like such a wait for my ultrasound. So gorgeous to see all the lovely beans you ladies have been posting. They are looking cuter every day! I don't think my DH can come with me to the next scan sadly as he thinks he will have to work.
So sorry for you ladies with flu and other coughs and colds! It really sucks to be preggers and sick!...Try to rest up as much as you can.
I have a friend coming over tomorrow morning for a coffee and catch up. I bought some jam drop cookies but I think I may eat them all before she gets here! So delicious!

Woohooo!!!! Today is the day for my first appt with new doc! I'm excited and hope everything goes well!!! I'm just really nervous about the cramping I've been having and my cold I have. It is in my chest bad now. I can barely talk and I'm coughing so hard! Last night when I woke up to go potty and laid back down I didn't even feel like I could breath properly. :( I really hope they can tell me something I can take to shake this! My OH just literally woke and said good morning and I said it back and he responded with "aww you sound horrible!" Thanks....thanks....because I feel worse than CRAP! I'm not sure how it's going to work with me not having any time off left except for Christmas eve I took off and Christmas day. If I have to miss any because of this it's going to ruin my week next week at work.

Yay! You're appt is finally here! Good luck!
Hope you feel better soon though.
Are you having an ultrasound (sorry I can't remember what you sad before. Lol)
Can't wait to hear about it!
Julie!

I didn't know if they'd give me an ultrasound or not. But unfortunately they didn't but that is only because they found the heartbeat on the doppler which was a good thing! Heartbeat was at 170 still!!! The office was great! The staff was great so I'm so glad I went in there!! They said I'll get the ultrasound at between 18 and 21 weeks. I go back in 2 weeks to meet the actual doc as I just saw the Nurse Practitioner who is also a midwife. Then after that they said I'll start going in once a month until closer to the due date. So I'm hoping for a gender scan around 18 weeks! YAY!

They did say the cramping I've been having is most likely round ligament pain which is what I've seen others on here talking about but I didn't know how it felt and I guess now I do! Also had heartburn today by either a chicken ceasar wrap or a very tiny piece of vegetable pizza.

mummy & breadsticks, great scans!!!!!

butterfly, so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

I felt awful today. So nauseated. I gagged a lot and got really sick before I went to work. I was able to make dinner with meat and eat it so a weird balance there. Felt worse but ate better?

I've got a cold now so more fluids and rest. Thankfully I've only got to make it to Friday and off until the 2nd.
Scan tomorrow afternoon. Then midwife appt Jan 7th.
Wish me luck ladies!!!

All this barfing better be for a good reason. That heartbeat will make it all worth it.

Hope you feel better T!!

Ok, I just took my first dose of Robitussin and it is the nastiest tasting stuff!!! Why can't they give us the good stuff like they do for the kids? All I want to do is grab a drink but I'm afraid of diluting it so it won't work. But my tongue and throat are numb now. LOL! Got OH's tylenol medicine laid on the bed for him to take as soon as he walks in. Hoping he shakes his really quick too. Well it's time for me to go to sleep now! Have a great evening everyone!! :hugs:

Does anyone else get really really sharp pains when rolling over in bed awkwardly etc? A couple of times I've had them - they feel a bit like I've pulled a muscle or something... but really take your breath away sharp and only for a few seconds before calming down.

Does this sound like round ligament pain?

I had that a couple weeks ago! I'd turn quickly to turn over and I'd have this sharp pain and I'd collapse real quick thinking I've hurt the baby. not sure exactly what it is but my round ligament pain is just a crampy feeling. But it could be the ligament that you just stretched too quickly. I learned after a coupe times doing it that I need to turn slower. LOL! I was afraid I was ripping the baby off because that's how it felt.

My hips hurt if I sleep on my sides too long. I've tired a pillow between the knees buy that doesn't help. Being on my back helps more. I need to get back yo walking soon or I'll fall apart. Just so sleepy when I'm done work.

What are you all doing for exercise?

I've been trying to walk 3/week (TRY being the key word! When it's dark by 4pm, it's hard to motivate myself to bundle up and go for a walk in the cold after work). But I did just sign up for a prenatal yoga class which begins in January~ excited about that!

p.s. I heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time at my doc appt yesterday...A M A Z I N G! Brought immediate tears to my eyes.

DH and I went to look at suv's today as we need a bigger vehicle with #3 on the way! I have a 4 door corolla and DH has a 2 door accord. Neither are big enough for five people! Especially since our son will still be in a booster seat by that time. We're hoping to purchase a newer veh by feb. we've also been looking at rental houses as our 3 bed apartment is way too small for 5 people. It's only 1352 sqft. So we're looking for a 4 bedroom. We looked at one today but we decided the amount they were asking per month wasn't worth the house we'd be getting. Still on the search!

Our car and house are too small as well. The house we can do nothing about. The car though - we're gonna need a 7 seater.
Trying desperately to save up for one. Got £550 saved up so far. We aren't going to be able to get a car until I'm pretty much due to give birth though! We're hoping we might find one at auction, we might have about £2k by then saved up.

Myra that's amazing! I'm hoping for similar emotions today at our US.

exercise.... hmmm I usually walk the dog every night and go for a little walk on my lunch but I'm with you on it being too dark out. Molly won't go far even when we muster up the energy guess its time to put her boots on. She gets too cold and picks up her feet and whines when its really cold. So we have these little boots and she'll walk for hours in them. Now I just need motivation.

My friend who is due in June is up for exercise with me. Maybe aqua fit in the new year. I will sign up for yoga too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->