~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

We told everybody at about 8 weeks.

It's my biiiiiiirthday. I got chocolates and computer games :)

Ultrasound tomorrow! :D

I just a call from the doctor. I am a cystic fibrosis carrier. they are going to test my husband I am SO scared. I cant stop crying, i know he most likely is not because we have three healthy children, but at the same time we have had 6 losses as well. this pregnancy happened too easy and now this comes up. Apparently the auto screening for CF is fairly new so I probably didnt get it with the first two kids like I thought I did, and we refused with the last kid cause we thought we had already had the testing, so it was pointless. gaah I am SO scared :( I would have preferred not to know, I didnt want the testing, and they pushed it. if this baby has CF I wont terminate so it'll make the pregnancy that much more stressful *sigh*

Sorry~ I know it can be stressful. In all likelihood, everything is ok. I found out that I'm a CF carrier as well. We just found out last week that my OH isn't a carrier...big sigh of relief! But when I was meeting with the genetic counselor, she said that there are many variations and that many of the cases are so mild (some kinds of asthma for example) that they haven't even been considered CF in the past. So even on the off chance that your hubby is a carrier AND baby gets both genes, the baby cans till be very healthy and live just as normally as other people without CF.

LOVE all the bump pictures!

Libbysmum, I like the idea of posting monthly pics- will be a fun way to see/share our progress together over these next 6-7 months!

Happy Birthday!
I haven't even told my family yet. Still too scared. A few friends know. I could be on secretly pg because I don't know if I will tell people lol. They can just think I'm getting fatter.

I am stressing out!! Just had a bm (tmi) and had quite a bit of red blood when I wiped :( last night me an oh were messing in bed and he had his fingers in me (tmi) could it just be a combination of straining and also him messing with me last night?? It was the first time we have done anything sexual since finding out cause way to paranoid of mmc again! Now stressed its happening again :(

Nothing there when I wipe now but arrgghh!

We saw the baby last week and all was well. Was measuring ahead by 2 days.

Is this normal. I hope so

Could be hemroids. If you strained for the bm that's common. If you aren't still bleeding and no cramps... its likely OK. Do you know where the blood came from? My book said its not uncommon to bleed a little after sex for many women. Just try to relax and keep an eye on it. Easier said than done.

Also... we are pregnant. There is no such thing as tmi LOL

Just been to the emergancy dept at early pregnancy unit.

Had examination swabs etc and there is bleeding from the womb. I had an internal scan, baby looks fine. Heart beating etc.

Dr said 90% chance everything will be fine.

Told me no sex, no heavy lifting etc and I go back in 2weeks to have another scan. She also said if it gets heavier the bleeding then I am to go back, whatever time it is.

Fingers crossed I don't lose this baby too :(

I am stressing out!! Just had a bm (tmi) and had quite a bit of red blood when I wiped :( last night me an oh were messing in bed and he had his fingers in me (tmi) could it just be a combination of straining and also him messing with me last night?? It was the first time we have done anything sexual since finding out cause way to paranoid of mmc again! Now stressed its happening again :(

Nothing there when I wipe now but arrgghh!

We saw the baby last week and all was well. Was measuring ahead by 2 days.

Is this normal. I hope so

Could be hemroids. If you strained for the bm that's common. If you aren't still bleeding and no cramps... its likely OK. Do you know where the blood came from? My book said its not uncommon to bleed a little after sex for many women. Just try to relax and keep an eye on it. Easier said than done.

Also... we are pregnant. There is no such thing as tmi LOL

Just been to the emergancy dept at early pregnancy unit.

Had examination swabs etc and there is bleeding from the womb. I had an internal scan, baby looks fine. Heart beating etc.

Dr said 90% chance everything will be fine.

Told me no sex, no heavy lifting etc and I go back in 2weeks to have another scan. She also said if it gets heavier the bleeding then I am to go back, whatever time it is.

Fingers crossed I don't lose this baby too :(

:hugs: hun, 90% is very good odds! fx'ed that bleeding stops! perfect excuse to have everyone else wait on you all xmas :) xx

we've not gone public yet either, close family knows, as do a fair few close friends, and my boss, but otherwise we've not told anyone! i do think a couple of colleagues suspect though but i'm not now in work until after my scan so i'll confirm my suspicions when i get back in the new year all being well :) xx

The bleeding seems to have stopped now again. After the swabs they did there was loads of blood, was horrible :(

90 % is good odds, I really need to stay positive!

With this rest the dr said, do you think she means I can't do anything? I can go about my normal business? Or should I really just sit down and relax? I am an awful patient. When I broke my foot last year I was a nightmare :)

I went public this past weekend. I told work Friday and then Facebook by posting the "Baby on Board" logo with my due date. I told close friends and family at 6 weeks.

It's so nice now that everyone knows. I feel more comfortable~ dressing certainly is easier for work now that I'm not trying to disguise my bump and I'm not a very patient person, so waiting til 12 weeks took a lot of will power :winkwink:

The bleeding seems to have stopped now again. After the swabs they did there was loads of blood, was horrible :(

90 % is good odds, I really need to stay positive!

With this rest the dr said, do you think she means I can't do anything? I can go about my normal business? Or should I really just sit down and relax? I am an awful patient. When I broke my foot last year I was a nightmare :)

I personally would think it meant sit down and relax. If your feeling better in a few days then maybe resume your normal days but for now I would just take it easy :)

I just a call from the doctor. I am a cystic fibrosis carrier. they are going to test my husband I am SO scared. I cant stop crying, i know he most likely is not because we have three healthy children, but at the same time we have had 6 losses as well. this pregnancy happened too easy and now this comes up. Apparently the auto screening for CF is fairly new so I probably didnt get it with the first two kids like I thought I did, and we refused with the last kid cause we thought we had already had the testing, so it was pointless. gaah I am SO scared :( I would have preferred not to know, I didnt want the testing, and they pushed it. if this baby has CF I wont terminate so it'll make the pregnancy that much more stressful *sigh*

Sorry~ I know it can be stressful. In all likelihood, everything is ok. I found out that I'm a CF carrier as well. We just found out last week that my OH isn't a carrier...big sigh of relief! But when I was meeting with the genetic counselor, she said that there are many variations and that many of the cases are so mild (some kinds of asthma for example) that they haven't even been considered CF in the past. So even on the off chance that your hubby is a carrier AND baby gets both genes, the baby cans till be very healthy and live just as normally as other people without CF.

thank you :) my husband doesn't want to get tested since it won't change anything so i don't know, and don't know if the ob will still see us if he refuses. what a stupid amount of stress when I've got three healthy ones!

pandaspot i'd say it means rest too hun, no harm in knowing you totally chilled! xx

Ok, I am going to relax, I only have 1 1/2 days left in work. Work at a desk so nothing strenuous. I just hope everything stays ok. The odds are in my favour I suppose.

What do you think the swabs are testing for?

so i work in a doctor's office and one of the girls here always has a heater going on high. i almost died when i walked in it was so hot!!!! i unplugged her heater and hid it i didnt think i would be this hot so soon :haha:

Ok, I am going to relax, I only have 1 1/2 days left in work. Work at a desk so nothing strenuous. I just hope everything stays ok. The odds are in my favour I suppose.

I was trying to quote... not thank.silly phone.

Swabs are usually for infections. They've taken some from me during paps so I can't imagine what else they would take them for.

I think rest means rest too....can't you take the time off? Medically mandated rest is reason to be off work. Glad the baby is OK.

That's crazy amount of blood though. Do they think the sex did it or was it there already?

90% is really good odds... just be a good patient and rest. For the baby if not for you :p

I bled from 14w when I was pregnant with DS and it was heavier than AF, I bled for 6w solidly and then it stopped. It was terrifying but fortunately for us it was only a clot and it didn't affect DS.

I was trying to quote... not thank.silly phone.

Swabs are usually for infections. They've taken some from me during paps so I can't imagine what else they would take them for.

I think rest means rest too....can't you take the time off? Medically mandated rest is reason to be off work. Glad the baby is OK.

That's crazy amount of blood though. Do they think the sex did it or was it there already?

90% is really good odds... just be a good patient and rest. For the baby if not for you :p

Yes I assume they think the sexual activity did it, I was fine before. That was the first time since bfp cause we were too scared. Now it's off the agenda again.

Hopefully I won't have it again, I am in two minds of telling family over Xmas now, until I know everything is ok. Suppose if I have no more bleeding now until Tuesday. I will tell them, I have read that bleeding is very common, although not normal, it is common.

This pregnancy is so different to the last one where I had a mmc, I am staying positive :)

First time around we told almost everyone the day I peed on a stick and got the bfp. I was naive and just excited. Didn't post on facebook till 12 weeks but anyone I knew personally already knew. :)

Last time we didn't say anything to anybody. Something was just different in my head... I guess I just had a feeling from the start that something was wrong... we lost that one at 6 weeks and I told my parents the day I started miscarrying.

This time I told mom and dad sooner and then my daughter started outing me all over the place. Still holding off till the next scan for the big internet reveal though.

Pandaspot - it means chill! No housework, no stress. Movies and dinner on the sofa. *grins* Just think how bad it would be if they decided to put you on bed rest. You can do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->