~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

ladies I'M DYING HERE

470586_265989356861233_1764592332_o.jpg

There has got to be something stronger than paracetamol (tylenol to those of you in the states) that I can take?! *wails*

I feel like I've been hit by a truck. 5 days now and it's just getting worse instead of better.

Alice if its getting worse it could be a sinus infection. Go to the Dr if you can.

it may be called something else were you live. but it sure sounds like one. try some hot tea with lemon and honey in it. it will help open up your sinuses. or try a boiling pot of water in front of you with a towel over your head. the steam will also help.
hope you feel better.

Alice if its getting worse it could be a sinus infection. Go to the Dr if you can.

maybe I'm just dense - I've never heard of a sinus infection!

Yeah the sinus area can get inflamed and infected and at first its hard to tell the difference from a head cold. Sometimes called sinusitis. If it hasn't eased up in 5 days it sounds worse than a cold. Your face looks a little swollen too. Take care of yourself.
Hot tea is the best thing to help open up the nasal passages. And warm fluids are relaxing.
Take care!!!

Alice you look like me...my nose looks just as bad here and I am on my 2nd box of tissues since yesterday. The Dr I saw yesterday perscribed me some low risk antibiotics but said wait a few days before I take them cause it may heal up on its own. I don't really like taking meds while pregnant anyhow. Honey and lemon drink is good, vapor rub is good, gargling with salty water...saline nasal spray should be okay to use...umm steamy hot showers to help with congestions and clearing sinuses...bed and rest...drinking lots of fluids...and panadol.
Becca- I am scared about having a boy too...I have no idea how to raise a son! I mean how do you teach a boy how to go potty or use a urinal? DH would be hopeless as his hygiene skills are not up to par - his poor mother had 4 boys I don't know how she survived!

ladies I'M DYING HERE

470586_265989356861233_1764592332_o.jpg

There has got to be something stronger than paracetamol (tylenol to those of you in the states) that I can take?! *wails*

I feel like I've been hit by a truck. 5 days now and it's just getting worse instead of better.

Oh honey...that was me for the past 2 weeks, I feel your pain. I could only take Tylenol as well, and yes, I ended up with a sinus infection. It will go away, trust me. Thank God my OH is amazing, he took care of everything for me, so I could just lie in bed and get better. Yesterday was 2 weeks for me, and it was also the first day that I didn't need Tylenol. Hang in there, hon.

Just got home. Here are the latest scan pics. They took so many but I only managed to load a couple of the good ones.:thumbup: Heart beat was around 157bpm and all looked good.:flower::cloud9::kiss::happydance:

Attachments

• 13 week scan.jpg
    13 week scan.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 9
  • baby dixon due July 2013.jpg
    baby dixon due July 2013.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 6
Lib- Wow! What detail- baby looks great and what a cute face there!!

Lib- Wow! What detail- baby looks great and what a cute face there!!

:thumbup: I was so relieved to see it bouncing about and waving it's little limbs. I couldn't stop smiling for ages. The lady who did the sonogram said I was high risk just cause of the blood test and my age a 1:150 chance of having a downs baby...but she said everything looked fine so she doesn't think anything is wrong it looked normal to her eyes.:happydance:

Alice, I hope you feel better soon! Plenty of rest is really the best thing for you! My doc said sudafed, not sure if it's called anything else in the UK. It's best to call your doc and check with them. I looked like that 2 weeks ago also. People were asking why I was at work, but I didn't have a choice! I'm finally getting over it. Still have a slight cough here and there where I'm coughing a tiny bit of crud up still but it's finally going away.

Libbysmum, it's easy to teach a boy to pee in the potty!! My son sat down for quite some time but then we got to the point to teach him to stand and pee. You throw a cheerio in the toilet and have him aim at it!!!! My son loved it!

I have a feeling mine is going to be a girl. I know every pregnancy is different but this one is so much different than DS. I just have a feeling it's a girl and keep calling it a she. I said if it turns out to be a he, he'll probably have a complex because I keep saying "she!"

abigail, sorry you have to find a new midwife. Hopefully the one you find is a lot better than the one you were seeing!

tlh, I understand how you feel! I have two coworkers, one beside me and one behind me that blast their heaters all day long. Thankfully I have a heater and fan in one as well and sometimes in the morning I use the heater but most afternoons I have my fan blasting! It's not right to have your boss tell you to get over it. What happens if you overheat and are off work due to this problem? I'm sure they won't be too happy! I'd seriously get a big box fan or something and turn it on pointing towards you (but also towards them)! I am very vindictive like that at times. LOL! Then they can complain and have to deal with it!

i stole a fan from the waiting room this morning and have it blasting on me. she has her heat going and my fan is going harder :haha: she's sick so she thinks i should turn it off to accomodate her and i said no way you haven't tried to accomodate me at all for the last 3 weeks!

Atta girl tlh! That's some nerve to ask you to bend for her when they told you to deal with it. That sounds like you may need to go to HR at some point if they get nasty.
Hope you win the fan war though.

Hi all, hope you are all doing well.

Sadly, we had "the call" from the midwife yesterday. After our 12 week scan, they think our risk of a baby with Downs is high - 1 in 41. I was so shocked and scared, I couldn't stop crying :(

Had the chance now to have a good long think about things, and talk them over with hubby.

We are going to meet the MW next Friday to chat about the various options. However, we know that in order to get confirmation one way or the other would involve an invasive op, which has the risk of harming the bean. So at this stage, we have decided no matter what the outcome of the test, we would keep our bean. As such, there doesn't seem to be any point risking its life for a yes/no outcome. As OH pointed out, the chances bean is fine are still high, so looks like we will probably just keep fingers crossed and hope for the best whilst planning for the worst.

Oh miss bellum what scary news. We decided not to even get the testing done as we feel the same. We'd keep the bean either way. HUGS. Your OH is right. The chances are still quite high for a good outcome. Be strong my dear.

AFM we can change my due date. The midwife called and we are measuring A week ahead. We are now due July 16. Seems funny to have "skipped" a week just like that. But if it means my MS is on the way out then by all means I'll take it!!!

they can find out through out your pregnancies by checking through ultrasound and other ways. dont worry to much. they tried telling me and examend me my whole pregnancy every week. with my son. they said from the nt scan showed that he was at risk for spina Bifida! and downs and he had neither. healthy boy with no problems.

well as for me ---- got a question... i dont remember having these aches?paines till i was at least 5-6 months. every time i get up lately i get a deep pain at were the bladder is to were i end up instantly grabbing the lower belly. like to hunch over in pain then it starts to eas. then this morning i was sitting on the floor helping my son pick up his toys and it was really bad when i got up and i get up carefully i dont bend at all anymore ant the waist if i can avoid it. so i dont understand. it goes away so its not all the time.

Oh miss bellum what scary news. We decided not to even get the testing done as we feel the same. We'd keep the bean either way. HUGS. Your OH is right. The chances are still quite high for a good outcome. Be strong my dear.

AFM we can change my due date. The midwife called and we are measuring A week ahead. We are now due July 16. Seems funny to have "skipped" a week just like that. But if it means my MS is on the way out then by all means I'll take it!!!

Thanks,tsyhanochka, we were just saying we wish we hadn't had the test. Still no point worrying about it now so we will just hope for the best :)

Glad to hear your morning sickness is on the way out.

they can find out through out your pregnancies by checking through ultrasound and other ways. dont worry to much. they tried telling me and examend me my whole pregnancy every week. with my son. they said from the nt scan showed that he was at risk for spina Bifida! and downs and he had neither. healthy boy with no problems.

well as for me ---- got a question... i dont remember having these aches?paines till i was at least 5-6 months. every time i get up lately i get a deep pain at were the bladder is to were i end up instantly grabbing the lower belly. like to hunch over in pain then it starts to eas. then this morning i was sitting on the floor helping my son pick up his toys and it was really bad when i got up and i get up carefully i dont bend at all anymore ant the waist if i can avoid it. so i dont understand. it goes away so its not all the time.

Thanks, they did say the NT was fine, it was just my blood/hormones which raised the risk. Hopefully, everything will be fine.

Not sure what is causing the bladder pain, sounds painful! Hope it clears up soon x

:hugs: missBellum, you still have very high odds everything will be fine.

Libbysmum, gorgeous scan pics hun!

Alice, hope you're feeling better very soon!!

3more days until my 1st scan and i find out whether there is actually a baby in my belly!! it's seemed like a very long wait! been feeling more sick over xmas though with all the huge meals but not very often, so that's kinda reassuring in a weird way :haha: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->