~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

tlh, good job getting back with the fan!!!! Glad she was asking you to turn it off and even more happy that you said no! People can be so ridiculous! She may be cold but you have no right to have to "deal" with the heat because she's cold. You have every right to a fan as she does a heater!

Finally back home after visiting family! It is so nice to be in my bed again :) We had fun but it was so busy, my little brother had us going non-stop! I passed out on couches several times during our stay lol.

I had a small baby shower, it was very nice! We were given a lot of gift cards and baby essentials, our car was completely packed on the way home :haha:

My poor husband though, he is very sick! He mentioned body aches and fatigue yesterday and I just assumed it was from sledding two nights in a row with my brother. This morning he woke up in the middle of the night coughing and never went back to sleep. Then he drove us home (a little over 6 hours, I gave him a break in the middle but he insisted I only drive about an hour), got us Olive Garden soup to go, and brought everything in. After he ate a bit he wanted to lie down and he fell asleep within minutes. I feel so bad for him, thankfully he has tomorrow off work so he can rest all day. I'm just hoping he wakes up and his fever is gone!

I'm glad everyone had a nice holiday! Those of you with colds/morning sickness, I hope you feel better very soon!

Karry, I am.so sorry for your loss! :hugs:

Myra, congratulations on your little boy! So exciting!

Of course the doctor called while i was at work today to tell me about the ultrasound. I called back and leftovers a message but he never called back. I'm assuming everything is ok. He said we could find out next week at my regular appt so hopefully all is well. I would think if it wasn't they would be having me come in or have called back.

Donna I am sure it will be okay- the doctor will call back eventually. At least you left messages so they know you tried.
Breadsticks welcome back! Sorry to hear about Dh...I hope he feels better soon. I am still all stuffy and croaky. Been eating seedless grapes...so addictive! DD loves them and stands by the fridge doing a tantrum til I open it and get her some!
Today we went to a pram warehouse and I looked at prams but didn't see any I liked. Will probably just use a baby carrier as long as possible...I figure by the time I need a pram DD will be old enough to hang on to my hand (we hope).
I have not really thought about baby shower yet...will wait til I am about 6 months I guess.

well here goes food cravings( just a note im a foody and love to cook and bake on a budget) well i wanted some BBQ. so i made it myself yesterday. chicken with homemade BBQ sauce in the crock pot and when done it pulled apart and put on hamburger buns. Delicious . well for left overs today we had lots of the BBQ chicken left over and no buns. so for dinner i had some tortillas and layered the chicken with some mozzarella over one tortilla and added another on top and baked them made BBQ chicken casadillas then drizzled some ranch over top. so good i think i could eat those all day. My hubby says he is glad i feel better because he said having rameen noodles and tv dinners wasnt cutting it the past few weeks. lol.

Yum you can come cook for me anytime...right now with this head cold all I want is Ramen noodles! Quesadilla's are my fav! I can't wait til we go on holidays and can get some real tex-mex.

I think I feel my baby moving around...either that or gas.

im so ecstatic right now i finally convinced my husband to let me try doing cloth diapering i even showed him a video i found on how to do them, showed him prices, and how it will save us money. and that we can get the reg. diapers for when he has the baby if im not home or like we go out or something. so know he is so on bored. i found some good priced ones on amazon.

Yum you can come cook for me anytime...right now with this head cold all I want is Ramen noodles! Quesadilla's are my fav! I can't wait til we go on holidays and can get some real tex-mex.

I think I feel my baby moving around...either that or gas.

I think I've started started to feel baby moving as well over the past 2 days! At first I thought it may have been a gas bubble moving around but then its a strange place to feel gas and I felt it again twice yesterday in 2 different spots. It's hard to describe what it felt like- kind of like a bubble but then like a soft pinching sensation as well. I've not felt something like that before & I only notice it when I'm laying here quietly in bed. As I think about it, each time I felt it, it was after eating something sugary...maybe made baby move around more.

To me it feels a bit like someone vacuuming from the inside...lol So exciting!
Yay sweetpea...it is definitely worth trying and there are so many kinds out there we found the one size fits all the best economically because you move the presstuds out as the baby grows rather than having to buy 3 diff sizes of nappies. Plus we have about 12 of the old school toweling squares which we use a fair bit with snappies not pins. Would hate to jab myself with a nappy pin- yeeouch! DD also uses disposables...we mix it up. Right now she is training so mostly tiny pants.

To me it feels a bit like someone vacuuming from the inside...lol So exciting!
Yay sweetpea...it is definitely worth trying and there are so many kinds out there we found the one size fits all the best economically because you move the presstuds out as the baby grows rather than having to buy 3 diff sizes of nappies. Plus we have about 12 of the old school toweling squares which we use a fair bit with snappies not pins. Would hate to jab myself with a nappy pin- yeeouch! DD also uses disposables...we mix it up. Right now she is training so mostly tiny pants.

thats what im wanting to use is the snappies and the square cloth diapering ones. then get the covers for when we go out or so on. and i have saved videos on how to wash them and such. also found a good priced toilet tube sprayer hose for cleaning the pop off so inventive. and also a video on how to make homemade wippies and solution using wash cloths, and how to make homemade washing soap that is good for babies and all clothes. im so excited. since we will be on a budget anyways because we are strapped now as it is. it will save so much.

i also found a video on how to use the recieving blankets as cloth diapers as long as they are not been washed in sofener so they will soak up liquid rather than reject it. the video shows how to fold them. wich is cool since those have patterns on them .

ahh that's so cool that some of you are already feeling your babies! I can't feel a thing yet.

Still feeling as rubbish as I have done all week. On the upside I've lost nearly 2lbs, which was kind of needed as I initially put on far too much weight.

Total weight gain 7lbs so far from pre-preg weight. How much have you all put on?

Miss B- I love your attitude...all in all you may have a perfectly healthy little baby with no genetic problems. Here is a touching story you may like. A friend of mine was told she had a 1 in 30 chance of having a baby with Downs or another neurological disorder and her baby is now a happy squawking 3 month old with no problems other than being delivered preemie. Here is this link she sent me...
https://www.babycenter.com/0_embracing-nella-a-down-syndrome-birth-story_10347846.bc
I cried when I read it. It is very beautiful yet touching.

Thanks for the link, thats a beautiful story, made me cry too.

Hey guys. I'm sorry to report that on St. Stephens night our beautiful little boy was born. Unfortunately little Nicholas Pearse was not meant for this world for reasons we will never understand. Best of luck to you all & thanks for all your support.

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:

Holy stomach flu batman :( have had it coming from both ends since about 7:30 last night. I'm miserable and trying desperately to stay hydrated for baby. Hope this passes soon :(

That sounds horrible, hope you feel better soon x

Finally back home after visiting family! It is so nice to be in my bed again :) We had fun but it was so busy, my little brother had us going non-stop! I passed out on couches several times during our stay lol.

I had a small baby shower, it was very nice! We were given a lot of gift cards and baby essentials, our car was completely packed on the way home :haha:

My poor husband though, he is very sick! He mentioned body aches and fatigue yesterday and I just assumed it was from sledding two nights in a row with my brother. This morning he woke up in the middle of the night coughing and never went back to sleep. Then he drove us home (a little over 6 hours, I gave him a break in the middle but he insisted I only drive about an hour), got us Olive Garden soup to go, and brought everything in. After he ate a bit he wanted to lie down and he fell asleep within minutes. I feel so bad for him, thankfully he has tomorrow off work so he can rest all day. I'm just hoping he wakes up and his fever is gone!

I'm glad everyone had a nice holiday! Those of you with colds/morning sickness, I hope you feel better very soon!

Karry, I am.so sorry for your loss! :hugs:

Myra, congratulations on your little boy! So exciting!

Glad you had a great trip, the shower sounds lovely. Hope your hubby is feeling better soon.

Of course the doctor called while i was at work today to tell me about the ultrasound. I called back and leftovers a message but he never called back. I'm assuming everything is ok. He said we could find out next week at my regular appt so hopefully all is well. I would think if it wasn't they would be having me come in or have called back.

My midwife called several times until she was able to get through to me. As he said you could find out at your next appointment, sounds like it should be fine.
Donna I am sure it will be okay- the doctor will call back eventually. At least you left messages so they know you tried.
Breadsticks welcome back! Sorry to hear about Dh...I hope he feels better soon. I am still all stuffy and croaky. Been eating seedless grapes...so addictive! DD loves them and stands by the fridge doing a tantrum til I open it and get her some!
Today we went to a pram warehouse and I looked at prams but didn't see any I liked. Will probably just use a baby carrier as long as possible...I figure by the time I need a pram DD will be old enough to hang on to my hand (we hope).
I have not really thought about baby shower yet...will wait til I am about 6 months I guess.

We've been looking at prams, cots and car seats too. So much choice, its so confusing!

well here goes food cravings( just a note im a foody and love to cook and bake on a budget) well i wanted some BBQ. so i made it myself yesterday. chicken with homemade BBQ sauce in the crock pot and when done it pulled apart and put on hamburger buns. Delicious . well for left overs today we had lots of the BBQ chicken left over and no buns. so for dinner i had some tortillas and layered the chicken with some mozzarella over one tortilla and added another on top and baked them made BBQ chicken casadillas then drizzled some ranch over top. so good i think i could eat those all day. My hubby says he is glad i feel better because he said having rameen noodles and tv dinners wasnt cutting it the past few weeks. lol.

Yum, sounds great :)

ahh that's so cool that some of you are already feeling your babies! I can't feel a thing yet.

Still feeling as rubbish as I have done all week. On the upside I've lost nearly 2lbs, which was kind of needed as I initially put on far too much weight.

Total weight gain 7lbs so far from pre-preg weight. How much have you all put on?

I cant feel our baby yet either. Hope your cold is getting better sounds like its been horrible. I'm not sure about weight gain as I dont have any scales. I dont think I'm doing too badly though. Think it helps I have been able to keep up swimming and an hours walk each day.

Hey guys. I'm sorry to report that on St. Stephens night our beautiful little boy was born. Unfortunately little Nicholas Pearse was not meant for this world for reasons we will never understand. Best of luck to you all & thanks for all your support.

only just seen this. I'm so so sorry for your loss x

Ended up back in hospital again last night, more IV rehydration. Hopefully wont be in too long :(
Alice I wish I could stop losing weight, I'm 10lb lighter than when I got pregnant

Karry so so sorry for your loss :hugs:

No movement here yet either but i'm only just 12wks today!

I'm about 1kg lighter than pre-preg which surprises me as i've not been sick once and have been eating like a pig to keep ms at bay!

aaisrie hope this stay is a short one and you feel better soon! xx

Ended up back in hospital again last night, more IV rehydration. Hopefully wont be in too long :(
Alice I wish I could stop losing weight, I'm 10lb lighter than when I got pregnant

Hope you are not in for long:hugs:

Thanks ladies, on the plus side they scanned me and i saw Moonbaby kicking and jumping around.
I've felt a couple of movements already :)

Oh Aaisrie I can't believe you are in again!! 10lbs is a lot. Can they give you meds for the vomiting? My coworker was on something that helped take the edge off enough to eat properly though she felt poorly most of the time.

Hope its a short stay.

Sweetpea-we made our own sprayer! Much cheaper and there is a diy tutorial online that lists all the parts and how to do it :) but if your planning to bf I'd hold off on the sprayer til later, ebf poop is water soluble and will wash away during cleaning, no need to rinse before hand! We did prefolds and covers until our guy got too wiggly for us, they are definitely the cheapest way to go and well cared for diapers have great resale value! You can also see if there is a Co-op in your.area I got brand new one size pocket diapers for just over $3 a piece when I went through our local Co-op!

Alice-ive gained about 8lbs now. Once the vomitting stopped I was able to start.stuffing my face, and stuff I did haha. Im hoping to gain 40-45lbs this pregnancy!

Eve-hope your not in there too long!

Im feeling baby lots now and I swear I felt it from the outside, ever so lightly when I had my hand real low on my tummy. Seems pretty early. Though by 15 Weeks I can watch my belly move from all the fetal movement amd im almost 14wks so I suppose its possible. Just seems crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->