~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Lib we live in Toronto but most of my family is out east. I'm sure they will be fine. My mom can be iffy but everyone else should be OK. My mom acts like a 15 year old so if I treat her that way we get along well enough....it just sucks being the mature one since I was a kid.

oooh congrats myra on your little boy!! :D

i came down with a cold on xmas day too, whoop whoop! otherwise had a good xmas though and LO got throughly spoiled!! :D xx

Hi Everyone..... I hope you all had wonderful holiday celebrations!!

Im really enjoying my break from work and staying with my parents for a week and a half - so nice to be spoilt !

Myra - A BOY!!! How amazing! I find out on Feb 16th!!! YAY

Hope everyone is great :) x

Just got the wonderful news at my appointment today that my midwife's office is closing down next week! Now I have to find a new midwife and the next closest one is about 40 min from my home, I'm so frustrated! :( On a good note, I got to hear the baby's heartbeat - she found it very quickly and bpm was a healthy 150

abigal---wow what notice. sorry hun. maybe its a good think even with it being a drive. the next one you have may be even better.

Just got the wonderful news at my appointment today that my midwife's office is closing down next week! Now I have to find a new midwife and the next closest one is about 40 min from my home, I'm so frustrated! :( On a good note, I got to hear the baby's heartbeat - she found it very quickly and bpm was a healthy 150

where at in Illinois do you live? do you not want an OB or are they not close either? That sucks having the drive but at least it's just once a month for now..i'm sure it will be more aggravating at the end when appts are 1-2 weeks apart!

I got notice that my NT scan is on January 3rd. I'm excited to se baby, but so scared too. Praying that everything is ok.

Mine's on the 3rd too! Feels so far away even though it's not!

My scan is on the 2nd and its less than a week away but feels like a century away!!

My nausea has started getting a little better but when i'm at work the girl that sits next to me has a mini heater that she blasts so it feels like its 95 degrees in here and i start sweating and getting sick to my stomach from being so hot but she wont turn it off or down or get a jacket or anything! it's driving me crazy!! and her and the boss are best friends so the boss says to get over it..it's going to be a long winter trying to work here if this keeps up

where at in Illinois do you live? do you not want an OB or are they not close either? That sucks having the drive but at least it's just once a month for now..i'm sure it will be more aggravating at the end when appts are 1-2 weeks apart!

I got notice that my NT scan is on January 3rd. I'm excited to se baby, but so scared too. Praying that everything is ok.

Mine's on the 3rd too! Feels so far away even though it's not!

My scan is on the 2nd and its less than a week away but feels like a century away!!

My nausea has started getting a little better but when i'm at work the girl that sits next to me has a mini heater that she blasts so it feels like its 95 degrees in here and i start sweating and getting sick to my stomach from being so hot but she wont turn it off or down or get a jacket or anything! it's driving me crazy!! and her and the boss are best friends so the boss says to get over it..it's going to be a long winter trying to work here if this keeps up

Get over it?!?! What the heck? I don't understand people. You're pregnant and she can just put on a coat! Sorry. Just raging for you!!

get a desktop fan and blast it at full force

the heater that shes using works as a fan or a heater and it is one for the office that a doctor purchased for us to use. i already took it once and turned it to cold and the manager told me to give it back to the other girl because she wanted to heater on. if it gets much worse i'm going to have to go to HR about it

the heater that shes using works as a fan or a heater and it is one for the office that a doctor purchased for us to use. i already took it once and turned it to cold and the manager told me to give it back to the other girl because she wanted to heater on. if it gets much worse i'm going to have to go to HR about it

Definitely. It is affecting your work ability you need to complain, it's not right. They should accommodate your needs - it might mean you having to move desks but it'll get you away from that stupid girl and fan!

Good news! DH and one of his coworkers went to see the boss and the coworker said he would manage the downstairs area for a couple of hours while DH goes to the appointment. Hooray! So relieved! I am excited and nervous about the appointment. Mostly relieved DH can come along. He was like "is the boss really going to deny me the chance to look at my unborn child?" He is happy to be able to come along. Usually they send me a text message to confirm the appointment and I have not got one so I hope they booked me in right after all this debacle.

congratulations on the little boy Myra! thats amazing they could tell so easrly im guessing thats not a routine blood test?

OMG OMG OMG!!! I think my MS is gone!!! at least mostly, I have eaten three times today with MINIMAL nausea...eekk Im so excited, I was nauseated something awful the day before christmas. its just clicked that I havent been sick today. oh sweet niblets I hope this is the end!

I was chewing so much gum I got sores in my mouth, wtf! Side note, we will know gender in 11 days?! I recount the days at least three times a day LOL. Has anyone started having a feeling about what they are having yet? I was really unsure in the beginning but I really think this one may be a girl. I will be SO shocked if its a girl though, after 3 boys, seeing a vagina on ultrasound would be very weird haha

I have a feeling mine is going to be a girl. I know every pregnancy is different but this one is so much different than DS. I just have a feeling it's a girl and keep calling it a she. I said if it turns out to be a he, he'll probably have a complex because I keep saying "she!"

abigail, sorry you have to find a new midwife. Hopefully the one you find is a lot better than the one you were seeing!

tlh, I understand how you feel! I have two coworkers, one beside me and one behind me that blast their heaters all day long. Thankfully I have a heater and fan in one as well and sometimes in the morning I use the heater but most afternoons I have my fan blasting! It's not right to have your boss tell you to get over it. What happens if you overheat and are off work due to this problem? I'm sure they won't be too happy! I'd seriously get a big box fan or something and turn it on pointing towards you (but also towards them)! I am very vindictive like that at times. LOL! Then they can complain and have to deal with it!

OMG OMG OMG!!! I think my MS is gone!!! at least mostly, I have eaten three times today with MINIMAL nausea...eekk Im so excited, I was nauseated something awful the day before christmas. its just clicked that I havent been sick today. oh sweet niblets I hope this is the end!

I was chewing so much gum I got sores in my mouth, wtf! Side note, we will know gender in 11 days?! I recount the days at least three times a day LOL. Has anyone started having a feeling about what they are having yet? I was really unsure in the beginning but I really think this one may be a girl. I will be SO shocked if its a girl though, after 3 boys, seeing a vagina on ultrasound would be very weird haha

I'm scared to even think - last time I was positive it was a boy but it turned out to be a girl! So now I don't want to think one since there's an awfully good chance I'll just be wrong!

I'd love to have the free DNA test done too just to find out the gender but it's probably uber expensive. They did the Ashkenazi Jewish Genetic test on me... simply because my great grandmother was jewish and from Poland. The test cost $1,789!!! We're responsible for about $500 of it!! I can't believe it.

I picked up a cold the day after Christmas too. Looks like I seem to be fighting it off decently though. I'm just really exhausted today with a bit of a cough. The ms is still hanging around but it's not nearly as debilitating as it was before. I wonder if that means I'm having a boy since it was so bad with my girl?

So conflicted. I don't really mind either way, boy or girl. My OH would love to have a boy though, and while I'd be happy with a boy I just feel like everything would be so much easier with a girl since I already understand girls and have all the girl stuff! I'd love to have 2 girls. Maybe the only reason I'd rather have a girl is I'm worried about dealing with a boy? I don't know. My head is all confused. I'm so tired. My parents left yesterday and suddenly I'm a full time parent again. I miss them already!!

congratulations on the little boy Myra! thats amazing they could tell so easrly im guessing thats not a routine blood test?

Thanks!!

The test is called Cell-free Fetal DNA test. There's DNA from baby in mom's blood, so they just take some of my blood and analyze baby's genes for potential genetic concerns (Down's Syndrome, trisomy 13 & 18, and sex-linked disorders) & with that they can also tell you the baby's gender if you want to know. It is a much less invasive form of genetic testing than amnio.

Being 39 puts me at higher risk for having a baby with Downs syndrome, etc; so maybe that's why I was offered the test. Has anyone else been offered it?

I've been having a hard day. My sis who is 6 months pregnant with her 2nd was giving me some tips on traveling with baby since they just got back from visiting our parents for Xmas. I started to get really annoyed with her, and then I realized it's because, after all that bleeding on Saturday, I'm afraid to even imagine holding my baby any more. What if I lose it?

My OH and I were excited to find out gender yesterday, but I think that also adds another level to it. He said now that we know, it would be that much more devastating to lose the baby and that he would be heart-broken forever.

We lost our last pregnancy very early at 5 weeks, and that was hard enough on each of us and our relationship. I was worried we weren't going to come back from that one, but we eventually did; closer and stronger than before. This scare has put a bit of strain on our relationship as we're both processing everything. I really DO think everything is going to be ok with us and baby. It's just the anxiety and fear creep in sometimes. I really want to be excited again about having a baby, and I think I'll get there but I guess it will just take more time for me to believe again.

I've been having a hard day. My sis who is 6 months pregnant with her 2nd was giving me some tips on traveling with baby since they just got back from visiting our parents for Xmas. I started to get really annoyed with her, and then I realized it's because, after all that bleeding on Saturday, I'm afraid to even imagine holding my baby any more. What if I lose it?

My OH and I were excited to find out gender yesterday, but I think that also adds another level to it. He said now that we know, it would be that much more devastating to lose the baby and that he would be heart-broken forever.

We lost our last pregnancy very early at 5 weeks, and that was hard enough on each of us and our relationship. I was worried we weren't going to come back from that one, but we eventually did; closer and stronger than before. This scare has put a bit of strain on our relationship as we're both processing everything. I really DO think everything is going to be ok with us and baby. It's just the anxiety and fear creep in sometimes. I really want to be excited again about having a baby, and I think I'll get there but I guess it will just take more time for me to believe again.

:hugs: Praying everything is perfect with your little man!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->