~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Hey all,
I was early in the ER before the big rush...there were only about 3 people ahead of me. They took my blood pressure and pulse, drew some blood, did a urine test and waited about an hour or so for the results. Then the doc took me into a room for a history and took my pulse again...then did a scan so cool I got to see the peanut again jumping about like a frog and saw its heart flickering away. Then they did an examination and said maybe the bleed was from an abrasion. Possibly from the polyp I had with my first pregnancy. So more of a cervical bleed rather than anything to do with the baby...thank GOD. I see my regular doctor tomorrow so they wrote me a letter to give to her. I still got this shocking cough which is lingering on...rotten germs!
On my way home from hospital I got some of those yummy mandarins you ladies mentioned were so delicious...DD and I shared one at lunch. They also had nectarines on sale for $1 a kilo! So I treated myself and got some of those too.

As for labor...I had a shocking labor with DD...horribly painful and long about 29 hours then emergency c-section. My sister was lucky she had quick labors... her first was only 3 and a half hours. Her second they had prepped her for delivery at home just in the case she didn't make it to hospital. Thankfully she did, she had her 2nd in 1 and a half hours but tore pretty badly.

Nope no meats. I've been pretty averse. I managed a small bit of turkey at Christmas dinner, thanks to my cousin for pointing out the smallest piece to me.
I had some ham tonight. That seemed OK but I've felt nauseated all day regardless. I've no desire for my food though mashed potatoes and squash seem alright. Nothing thrills me yet.

Not sure how much I weigh now but I'm pretty sure I haven't gained much. Everything still fits... just a bit snug when I sit.

I've got a question. Is it normal that I'm not feeling like I'm bonding with the baby? We were TTC for a year so I thought I'd be over the moon by now. I'm happy we finally got pregnant but I feel so disconnected. Everyone else seems so excited and I feel like I should be that excited too but I'm not. Maybe once I feel the baby move I'll feel differently.

It just seems so weird. I cried when the tech said things looked OK and we saw the heartbeat. Out of relief and I thought then I would feel more strongly but I still don't.
Any thoughts are welcome.

Hey there, I love kids and always have and then when I was pregnant with DD I had a horrible labor and spent 5 days in hospital fairly bed ridden. I really didn't experience the whole "amazing love and bond" people tell you about. I figured it would come with time...but I am not really that attached to my DD even now...sure I hug and kiss her and like her but I do think my mum loves her more than I do...some days I even find her irritating and annoying. But I wouldn't swap her for the world. :flower:
Am really hopeful for a better labor and nicer after birth situation with this one.:shrug:

Nope no meats. I've been pretty averse. I managed a small bit of turkey at Christmas dinner, thanks to my cousin for pointing out the smallest piece to me.
I had some ham tonight. That seemed OK but I've felt nauseated all day regardless. I've no desire for my food though mashed potatoes and squash seem alright. Nothing thrills me yet.

Not sure how much I weigh now but I'm pretty sure I haven't gained much. Everything still fits... just a bit snug when I sit.

I've got a question. Is it normal that I'm not feeling like I'm bonding with the baby? We were TTC for a year so I thought I'd be over the moon by now. I'm happy we finally got pregnant but I feel so disconnected. Everyone else seems so excited and I feel like I should be that excited too but I'm not. Maybe once I feel the baby move I'll feel differently.

It just seems so weird. I cried when the tech said things looked OK and we saw the heartbeat. Out of relief and I thought then I would feel more strongly but I still don't.
Any thoughts are welcome.

I've not been hugely into meat either, but then, I am not much of a meat eater anyway so no real change.

I think everyone feels different about being pregnant. I am looking forward to having the baby, and I am pleased things seem to be going well, but it all seems quite unreal! I seem to swing from being happy, scared and then thinking its all just weird and unreal.

Hey all,
I was early in the ER before the big rush...there were only about 3 people ahead of me. They took my blood pressure and pulse, drew some blood, did a urine test and waited about an hour or so for the results. Then the doc took me into a room for a history and took my pulse again...then did a scan so cool I got to see the peanut again jumping about like a frog and saw its heart flickering away. Then they did an examination and said maybe the bleed was from an abrasion. Possibly from the polyp I had with my first pregnancy. So more of a cervical bleed rather than anything to do with the baby...thank GOD. I see my regular doctor tomorrow so they wrote me a letter to give to her. I still got this shocking cough which is lingering on...rotten germs!
On my way home from hospital I got some of those yummy mandarins you ladies mentioned were so delicious...DD and I shared one at lunch. They also had nectarines on sale for $1 a kilo! So I treated myself and got some of those too.

As for labor...I had a shocking labor with DD...horribly painful and long about 29 hours then emergency c-section. My sister was lucky she had quick labors... her first was only 3 and a half hours. Her second they had prepped her for delivery at home just in the case she didn't make it to hospital. Thankfully she did, she had her 2nd in 1 and a half hours but tore pretty badly.

Libbysmum, so pleased to hear everything is fine, fantastic news. Great you got to see little one again too x x Hope your cough clears up soon.

the change from one to two was very difficult but two to three, i barely skipped a beat

My experience was exactly the same.

1-2 nearly gave me a breakdown
2-3 was like a walk in the park

OMgosh this is NOT what I wanted to hear :haha:
Oh dear, I'm worried about looking after 2 babies but oh well it's done now haha, maybe I will just have to go to 2-3 pretty quickly! :baby:

Insomnia. How do I loath thee? Let me count the ways......

Ugggh. I thought I had moved passed this. Nope. Apparently not.

Lib- I'm so relieved and happy for you! My insomnia had me up during the night and I Kept coming back here to check on you two. Wonderful news that all is ok! Hope you can get some rest now

Libby- so happy to hear :)

Insomnia is still going strong for me as well :(

me too...but part of that is cause I been sniffy and coughing...nobody in our house has slept well and now DH came home with the sniffles so I guess I didn't keep my germs to myself as much as I thought. Hope he doesn't get worse nothing like a man-cold to make my life hell on earth.

image.jpg

I'll have to put all 3 separate cause I'm unsure how to do them all together! Have fun guessing gender :)

Xx

libbysmum, sooo glad everything looks ok!!

mummytojack, i'm totally rubbish at guessing but i'm gonna go with girl :).

scan tomorrow for me, finally!! eeek! xx

Caro I'm rubbish too. I've thought boy for all this time now I really think girl and I'd love a girl as I already have a son! I hope you're right :) xx

Good luck with your scan tomorrow. :)) xx

Lib. I'm really glad it wasn't the baby. What a relief. I did come on to check on you....read your post and thought I responded.....baby brain or insomnia.... who knows.
Glad I'm not alone in the bonding situation or insomnia for that matter....I just started to drift and got hunger pangs!!! Up and got a Clementine. Still hungry but I don't want to get up again.
Bah!

Ended up in an ambulance last night and to the ER I went, after literally dropping to the floor and curling into a ball with tears streaming down my face. Checked heartbeat to make sure baby wasn't in distress...just peachy at 156 bpm. Check. Lower right quadrant pain BAD. Labs, urinalysis, morphine so they could get me laid out straight, puking because they forgot the anti-nausea medicine, consulting with OB by phone (I live in a "rural" community which equals small hospital, we have 1 OB in town) Ultrasound to check for contorted ovary...nope...plenty of blood flow there... diagnosis...SEVERE round ligament pain, to the point they want me in a support belt at 13 weeks. Oh, I think this is going to be a rough one. The morphine they gave me barely touched it and it's 6 in the morning my time and I've barely slept.

The only good part of the whole night, after checking to make sure my ovary was just fine, the U/S tech let us peek at baby just to reassure me, and I fell in love even more. The bean had ankles crossed knees bent open and was just all snuggled in when we actually looked, rather than the bouncing around bean was doing when we weren't focused on looking at bean. I think he/she wanted attention with the was he/she settled down as soon as we got to looking. Getting to see the baby and knowing everything is good is a relief.

I did buy bean his/her first article of clothing yesterday, it's a sleeper with a monkey on it. My OH was very surprised as I have been insistent we can't it might jinx it. I couldn't seem to resist though, I'm head over heels for monkeys this pregnancy and I just couldn't put it down. It was on sale and it's OHHHH so adorable and gender neutral. Then of course a few hours later I took my ambulance ride, I was def freaking out.

libby, glad to hear everything is okay.

T- I think I'm scared of bonding with this baby

Thankfully DD is going to be 7 when this one arrives, so I'm hoping it's easier.

MS seems to have kinda gone away, but the insomnia is still going strong...UGH!

mv- how scary! I'm so glad all is well with the bean and that there is something they can do to help you with the ligament pain. I hope that the support belt makes a big difference! :hugs:

mvosse, omg how scary, glad little bean is still bouncing around in there! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->