~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I don't sleep either! well...i fall asleep fine but never stay asleep! its tiring. and then i get hungry so bad but don't want to get up to eat!

lib and mv so glad things are okay with your babies!!

lib, so glad everything is good with you and baby!!!!

mvosse, glad your baby is doing well!! Round ligament pain is horrible. I couldn't imagine severe round ligament pain!! Hopefully the support band will help!!

T- Hopefully you'll have your bonding time after you give birth to baby!! I'm one of those that enjoy pregnancy and love everything about it! I think it's a miracle and God gave me this child and our bodies actually carry this living being inside of it! Yes, I know I'm one that people hate. LOL! But that's how I've always been after I had my first m/c and then got pregnant with my DS 2 years later.

I have insomnia as well. Not sure if it's due to pregnancy still or if it's due to still being stuffy from a cold I've had for over 2 weeks now. I don't think it's going to go away any time soon either. I know people further along and they still say they have insomnia.

Libbysmum and mvosse, I'm so glad you are all ok and able to see your babies! I have been very fortunate that nothing has happened really, no scares or bleeding, so I can't imagine how terrifying that is! I'm so happy to hear all is well with everyone :)

T, I go back and forth with bonding. I rub my bump a lot and talk to baby even though I know it can't hear me. But some days I forget I'm pregnant since morning sickness has been gone a while. I have been feeling movements more often lately so that helps. Also, we have been getting things for the baby. While we were visiting family we bought some clothing and things for the room. Yesterday I did some cleaning in the baby's room and we decided where we wanted to set up the crib and things like that. I'll probably do a little more work in there today while my husband is at work.

I was having a hard time sleeping a couple of weeks ago but it was short-lived. I have been sleeping mostly through the night. I don't know what I did differently, but the past week I sleep like a log! I still need naps though sometimes, I needed one after cleaning yesterday :p

Nope no meats. I've been pretty averse. I managed a small bit of turkey at Christmas dinner, thanks to my cousin for pointing out the smallest piece to me.
I had some ham tonight. That seemed OK but I've felt nauseated all day regardless. I've no desire for my food though mashed potatoes and squash seem alright. Nothing thrills me yet.

Not sure how much I weigh now but I'm pretty sure I haven't gained much. Everything still fits... just a bit snug when I sit.

I've got a question. Is it normal that I'm not feeling like I'm bonding with the baby? We were TTC for a year so I thought I'd be over the moon by now. I'm happy we finally got pregnant but I feel so disconnected. Everyone else seems so excited and I feel like I should be that excited too but I'm not. Maybe once I feel the baby move I'll feel differently.

It just seems so weird. I cried when the tech said things looked OK and we saw the heartbeat. Out of relief and I thought then I would feel more strongly but I still don't.
Any thoughts are welcome.

i don't bond well in pregnancy. I've always chalked it up to being because i HATE pregnancy so i love counting down milestones/days til its over with. i was way more miserable with my first cause i thought i should be over the moon about the baby from conception, and i wasn't. but after realizing that its not cause i don't love my babies, i never have issue bonding at birth, its just cause pregnancy is so awful there is very little for me to "love" the baby. i love the idea of another child, but that's it. im told im not normal though lol. we tried for 18mos for our third and had four miscarriage before we had him and i still wasn't more bonded in pregnancy, just more scared.

i think its fine to feel the way you do, the only issue would come that if after delivery, sometime after you are still not bonded then you might need some other encouragement but as it were now i think your completely normal IMO. i personally even hate the fetal movement when it gets strong...really don't understand how people love pregnancy, i would have never done it after my first if i dint get such awesome children out of the whole ordeal!

i do love labor and delivery though, such a weirdo!

OMG, I thought I was the only one, and thought I was a horrible mother for hating the feling of baby moving inside me. It's reassuing, but it feels so alien-like. I'm not good at being pregnant either, but I love my children, and they're the best thing I've ever done.

As for weight gain....I originally gained 5 lbs, then lost 9 with the flu, so I'm technically down 4 lbs.

Definitely not the only one! I dont mind it in these early stages but later on...eeewww, ya alien is a good description! reassuring is all it is, as much as it drives me crazy when ever there was a pause in movement i FLIPPED! I hated hiccups the most, my first son had them constantly and it drove me absolutely batty, I remember sitting their crying once cause it was so awful and he had them for over an hour!

So glad all the scares turned out okay! I can't imagine how you ladies were feeling.

My house has been interesting to say the least the last fees days. Dh got my the same stomach bug I had so we took turns in the bathroom the past fews days. I believe i am we'll hydrated again as I am peeing every hour once again :dohh: kinda freaked myself out hoping being sick would t hurt baby had to remind myself lots of women spend their entire pregnancies throwing up. And now poor dd has a cold. Not the same one dh and I had so she's thankfully not throwing up (knock on wood) but she stuffy and very congested so probably taking her to the doctor in the am. So much fun right after the holidays :haha:

Still stuck in hospital hoping to God I get out tomorrow... I DO NOT want to be in here for New Years.... I've got my 7th bag of fluids up so something's gotta give right?!

Still stuck in hospital hoping to God I get out tomorrow... I DO NOT want to be in here for New Years.... I've got my 7th bag of fluids up so something's gotta give right?!

Lucky number 7 Aaisrie!!!!

Hope you are home for NYE too. Rest easy.

Hoping you get out for NYE xx

Hi I'm due on the 26th of july too :) nice to meet all of you!! So many due Xx

Also I can't seem to add a ticker:( how do u do it? I've tried copy and pasting but I'm not sure if u can on the iPad lol xx

https://lbdf.lilypie.com/acvX.png

Done it yayy :)

I have a question. The hospital where i live has a bad reputation of people not surviving in emergencies. My doc considers me high risk since im overweight & i will be 34 when i deliver by c-section. (had a c-section with my first & the hospital does not support vbac). Anyways, i trust my doctor & had slight complications with my first but everything turned out fine after. My doc said if i want a vbac i would have to go to the next hospital which is over an hour away. Im concerned because if i have complications there is not much hope for me at my current hospital, but at the hospital an hour away they are fully capable to handle any any emergency situation with very successful survival rates. Im thinking about asking my doc what she thinks. I wish she could come with me to the other hospial but she says she cannot. Am i being paranoid?? They have a great delivery &maternity ward, but the rest of the hospital sucks & even the doctors there send their family out of own if they need to go to the ER or hospital....

I love the feeling of a baby moving! DD always made me look gross by sticking an elbow or knee out of me and keeping it out there (she spent a whole day with her butt sticking against my belly button!) but I love having a baby be so alive in there.

I get so sick during pregnancy and always have a lot of nasty side effects, but I still enjoy pregnancy overall.

I have a question. The hospital where i live has a bad reputation of people not surviving in emergencies. My doc considers me high risk since im overweight & i will be 34 when i deliver by c-section. (had a c-section with my first & the hospital does not support vbac). Anyways, i trust my doctor & had slight complications with my first but everything turned out fine after. My doc said if i want a vbac i would have to go to the next hospital which is over an hour away. Im concerned because if i have complications there is not much hope for me at my current hospital, but at the hospital an hour away they are fully capable to handle any any emergency situation with very successful survival rates. Im thinking about asking my doc what she thinks. I wish she could come with me to the other hospial but she says she cannot. Am i being paranoid?? They have a great delivery &maternity ward, but the rest of the hospital sucks & even the doctors there send their family out of own if they need to go to the ER or hospital....

Wow that is a very difficult situation! My thoughts are if your doc is great and knows what she's doing then you can stick with her. But if she happens to be out of town or on vacation or whatever, and you have a different doc it could be harder for you. Seems for peace of mind it would be great to go to the hospital you know would be able to accommodate you as well if there was an emergency, hopefully there won't be! This would have to be your personal decision and though it might be a difficult one, you have to do what is right for you and baby! Have you discussed this with your DH? What are his thoughts?

Wow that is a very difficult situation! My thoughts are if your doc is great and knows what she's doing then you can stick with her. But if she happens to be out of town or on vacation or whatever, and you have a different doc it could be harder for you. Seems for peace of mind it would be great to go to the hospital you know would be able to accommodate you as well if there was an emergency, hopefully there won't be! This would have to be your personal decision and though it might be a difficult one, you have to do what is right for you and baby! Have you discussed this with your DH? What are his thoughts?

Thanks for your response, I know I have to decide when it comes. I'm thinking if I have the baby on the scheduled c-section date, I will be fine because my doc I trust will be there. I'm thinking if baby comes early & doc is on vacation then I will drive to the next hospital . My husband is terrified. He want to go out of town if there is an emergency. I pray everything goes well. I am overweight, but very healthy. I guess Im one of the lucky/unlucky ones when it comes to weight. Lol. I see a dietician & she loves how I eat & wants my to accept the way I am but just try to lose a little, I agree, after baby. Sorry, off topic..haha!

It's just kinda nerve racking to have a new hospital that cannot be trusted :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->