~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

hope you feel better junemomma! working sounds like it sucks beachgal!!

managed to kinda take a pic, sorry the quality is poo!

baby number 2.jpg

my OH planned on never having kids, my DD changed his mind, but he only wants one. I had to talk him out of going to get fixed before this one is due, and while I'm truly okay with him getting fixed after this bean is born, I wouldn't complain if he changed his mind, I always pictured myself with 3 or 4, but would def be content with 2.

my OH also never wanted to get married or have kids. our daughter was a complete shock and we ended up getting married a couple months after having her. he is wrapped around her little finger and is the best dad i could have asked for for my kids. he wanted to be done after her and i would have been ok but im happy that she'll have a sibling!

We both want four kids but will be happy with whatever happens. We're in our mid to late twenties so there is definitely time :)

Does anyone have plans for tonight? I am hoping I am able to even stay awake till midnight lol. We'll just be staying home since my husband is just getting over his illness. Also, I cleaned like a maniac the past couple of days and I think I overdid it as my body feels like I was hit by a truck! So I'm just going to take it easy today, maybe have a nap later, and just read all day or something. :D

i hear ya i'm hoping to make it til midnight! i havent lasted until midnight in a few years now :haha:

caro I'm gonna try and get through all the posts to update the first page tomorrow, if the kids allow! just gonna take this evening easy

Ouch, beachgal that sounds rough! I hope the time passes quickly so you can get home and rest :)

Junemomma, I hope you feel better!

Eve, so glad you are able to go home :happydance:

tlh, I asked my husband if there was anything he wanted to do tonight and if he wanted to try to stay up till midnight. He doesn't seem to think we'll be able to either :haha:

I don't know why it took me so long to realize it, but I'm second tri today! Woohoo! :happydance: Also, it is snowing and I have nowhere to go so I'm just watching it fall, so relaxing :)

Love seeing all the scan pics! Beautiful! Although here we call them ultrasounds here. When i first read 'scan' i was like what is that. Lol. Then i saw the pics.

I hope everyone feels well enough to enjoy the new year. We might not be able to stay awake but on jan 1 we will all meet at my father in laws house for a big fish fry get together (every year, tradition). It used to be all just seafood and they cook, steam, smoke, bbq all their own seafood of all kinds, but i cannot and never have like or eat seafood, so now they cook other foods for me to eat too. Lol. There is always tons of food. They make the best foods, appetizers, main dishes, and desserts. Its so much better than restaurant food. I told them they need to be in the restaurant business, but they all said nope, just for family gatherings. I agreed. We enjoy their food, yummy. They cooked prime rib for chrismas & it just melted in my mouth. (not a big meat eater either).

I'm sorry, Junemomma! I used to get migraines terribly (when one would come on the doctor would just have me come in immediately for shots) when I was in middle school, thankfully I haven't had one since. Some things that helped me though were staying in a cool, dark room with no loud noises and lots of sleep. Having a glass of Coke with lots of ice helped too, a small amount of caffeine eased the pain a bit. I don't know how much of that is possible for you or if you are comfortable having any caffeine while pregnant but I thought I'd let you know what helped me :) I hope you feel better very soon!

Oh junemomma, so sorry your in pain. I can't image! I had a headache yesterday & took tylenol & felt better a little after. Rarely get headaches & it was terrible pain. My sister had migraines when we were younger & i felt so bad for her. I hope you get relief soon.

Alicecooper, i hope you all feel better soon.

I've been getting them too. Caffeine definitely helps (keep it under 325mg/day)
I just had An amazing salad. I need more!!!!

Junemomma I've had migraines since I was 6. They are no fun. What meds can they give you that are baby safe? Thankfully I've had only one bad one since the bfp so I slept it off.

Ladies are right. Quiet dark cool room. Stay hydrated. Small amnts of caffeine can help. Sometimes that can make it worse. Keep a food diary. Some foods are known to trigger. Mine are chocolate, aged cheese, avocados, chickpeas, bananas. Weather affects me too. Bad storms hurt a lot. Oh and lack of sleep or...too much sleep.
Message me if you need anything. Migraines are a class of their own.
HUGS

And Alice glad you have meds to get better.

AFM we are off to my preggo friend's place for NYE to share it with our BFF who is back from her contract in Asia. Our husbands and preggo's sister.
Easy night in with a potluck of appetizers for dinner.

thanks ladies. I hope the antibiotics kick in soon too x

june - I hope your migraines clear up soon. I can imagine that's not fun at all :(

anybody got any nice plans for this evening? I'm in front of the telly. 8th year I've done that now lol.

Thank you ladies! :) I had to leave work the headache was so bad plus having to go in to my doctors office. They are so nice and always show concern for anything going on with me. They prescribed me fioricet, it's a combo pill of butalbital, acetaminophen, and caffeine. It's apparently a barbiturate, analgesic, stimulant combo for tension headaches. Just took my first one, hubby picked up my prescription for me and since I can't drink, he bought us sparkling grape juice to toast tonight :)
You ladies are all so lovely and supportive and I really enjoy being in a group with you all :)

Happy New Year! It is 2013 here! We stayed home and ate pizza. DH had champers in his new ice-mug on the porch. Then we watched big bang theory and the 9pm fireworks on TV before going to bed.
He doesn't have to work til 10am this morning yay! DD is trying to dress herself...is that normal for a 17mth old? I figured she wouldn't be ready for that til at least 2 and a half!
I was feeling nausea again yesterday and then after I ate had heartburn! I coughed myself to sleep last night...seems to be on the mend but just lingering phlegm. Alice glad you got the antibiotics and I hope they help!
Eve glad to know you got to go home! YAY! Really hope things are on the up and up for you in 2013!

OMG!!!! This pill is a miracle worker!!! Not completely gone, but my headache feels tons better! Thank you awesome doctors!!! :)

well its me and the kids tonight ringing in the new year. gotta make muffins and then we shall see what we do after that. its only 2.25pm right now so have a ways to go before the ball drops tonight. My husband works right on the strip here in las vegas so he will be late getting home due to traffic. hope everyone has a great new year and a safe evening if they havent had there yet.

Happy new year to you all, 2013 is going to be so special to all of us!

I'm home alone tonight (well jack is in bed) and OH is at work, but I don't mind! Early night I think :thumbup:

11.05pm here at the moment.

DH and I have just watched an episode of Person of Interest on telly, and he's now setting about downloading an episode of Warehouse 13 for us to watch.
Then I think we'll catch 5 minutes of new year celebration stuff on the BBC at midnight and we'll head off to bed after that.

I've been a real party animal drinking fizzy lychee drink and eating peanut M&Ms lol.

I'm still coughing up a lung but at least the kids sound like they're fast asleep - albeit kind of raspy sounding but at least they're not coughing.

Poor DS2 is now on antibiotics, calpol, cough medicine, and 2 inhalers. Bless him.

JuneMomma- so glad to hear you're feeling better & Eve also thrilled to hear you'll be bale to be home for New Year's.

Lib- we're doing the same over here for New Year's ordering pizza & probably watching a movie. I'm certain I won't be up for midnight....well, if I have anything to say about it. Hopefully insomnia doesn't have other plans for me...

I seriously thought about ordering pizza but I'm sticking with my black bean & corn quesadilla's and going to make some queso!! Other than that, I'll be lucky to stay up til midnight! DS has informed me that he will be SURE to make sure I'm awake to count down! LOL! He bought horns and party poppers that sound like a gun going off. I said those are NOT allowed inside! LOL!

11.05pm here at the moment.

DH and I have just watched an episode of Person of Interest on telly, and he's now setting about downloading an episode of Warehouse 13 for us to watch.
Then I think we'll catch 5 minutes of new year celebration stuff on the BBC at midnight and we'll head off to bed after that.

I've been a real party animal drinking fizzy lychee drink and eating peanut M&Ms lol.

I'm still coughing up a lung but at least the kids sound like they're fast asleep - albeit kind of raspy sounding but at least they're not coughing.

Poor DS2 is now on antibiotics, calpol, cough medicine, and 2 inhalers. Bless him.

What is fizzy lyche drink?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->