~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

peaches are definitely bigger than lemons. I've never seen a lemon as big as a peach!

Im so glad im not the only one who thinks the fruit comparisons sucked! lol

we find out gender in 5 days!!!!! that means by this time next week our sons AND most of our families will know! im so excited and nervous! honestly can't wait til this next week is over the anticipation is killing me!

I think they were comparing the length not the actual size. I mean looking at some of the fruits, you have something, then a sweet potato which looks much smaller than the previous one but it's longer. So I'm not really sure on the fruits. I just go along with it!

I have a question for you ladies. When at work today I left to go to my doc appt. I mentioned about my gender scan coming up. The ladies in the office expect me to inform them as soon as I find out but I told them today they probably won't know right away. That they have to wait until after my mother knows and of course the rest of my family. I plan on sending my mom a cake with the color of gender in it. The ladies at work were basically cursing me because I won't tell them right away. I think my family is more important. Are you telling family and friends together or will you tell family first?

I think they were comparing the length not the actual size. I mean looking at some of the fruits, you have something, then a sweet potato which looks much smaller than the previous one but it's longer. So I'm not really sure on the fruits. I just go along with it!

I have a question for you ladies. When at work today I left to go to my doc appt. I mentioned about my gender scan coming up. The ladies in the office expect me to inform them as soon as I find out but I told them today they probably won't know right away. That they have to wait until after my mother knows and of course the rest of my family. I plan on sending my mom a cake with the color of gender in it. The ladies at work were basically cursing me because I won't tell them right away. I think my family is more important. Are you telling family and friends together or will you tell family first?

i think a lemon could fit IN a peach, they are smaller all around ;)

we are telling family first, then we will "Facebook announce" to tell friends and extended family/family we aren't close to. we have always told our families before we told friends!

We're not finding out. We're staying team yellow :)

If we WERE finding out though, I dunno I guess we'd probably tell family first.

We are keeping it a surprise as well.

Since I've told friends and coworkers before my family.... I would assume it would just be how it rolled. Who we saw first or spoke to etc.

But that's just me.

We will tell close family and then post of Facebook for everyone else to know

I have a tilted uterus too...but found hb around 10wks but it was hit and miss and only for a few seconds before I would loose it again. It was real low by my pelvic bone.
I am praying my placenta isn't anterior again! I really would like it to be back further so I can feel the baby moving earlier. I asked at the last scan but I got no response from the lady doing the scan...sometimes they annoy me when they don't tell you things you want to know.
Will have to wait now I suppose til the gender scan at 18-20wks. I forgot to ask the Doctor when I should get this. I will wait now til DD's immunisations in a week then ask her then.

Update.... Bleeding stopped this am. Thank goodness. Last night phoned mw and she said either way there is nothing u can do so just relax and take it easy. Relaxing is easier said then done. I was up every hour with a flash light and tissue checking to see if the color was changing. This am mw called back and said stopped bleeding is a good sign and wait until Friday for my scheduled ultrasound. At work though several coworkers HAD to share their mc stories which freaked me right out so I called mw back to see if I could get in today for a us... No luck... Earliest apmt is next tues. she also said to prepare myself in case there is no hb found Friday. Wow harsh.... So I am waiting and trying to keep calm.
Thanks for all the caring responses everyone. I appreciate it!

IcePrincess I'm so sorry your coworkers are not helpful. And then for the mw to follow up with that....its not like that probably wasn't already running g through your mind....people can be so thoughtless.

:hugs:

we had our ultrasound this morning, baby was measuring 13.4 but he said bub was curled up a little so not to worry heart beat was 149bpm and everything looked perfect, bub was wriggling around alot and it was hard to get a good picture but we got some

https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/mara07_photos/GOLDSMITHTAMARA20130103114543704_zps41e64335.jpg

https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/mara07_photos/GOLDSMITHTAMARA20130103114453429_zps156ef566.jpg

It worries me that my baby wasn't really moving at all when I had my scan :( everyone else's babies were bouncing around, why was mine not moving? It kind of scares me...

could have been sleeping. ours was moving so much that they had trouble getting the right measurements and stuff, try not to worry too much!

Maratobe, beautiful ultrasound pictures!! :happydance:

IcePrincess, you and baby are in my prayers! I'm glad the bleeding has stopped, that's a good sign :) I can't believe your coworkers though, how rude! I hope you are able to relax before your scan, easier said than done of course. :hugs:

Libbysmum, I have an anterior placenta. It hasn't bothered me too much yet but I have a feeling when most of the Sunbeams are feeling kicks and I'm not I'll be jealous :haha: When did you feel kicks with your DD? My ultrasound tech said it would probably be around 24 weeks for me, was that how it was for you? I do still feel movement though, I swear it isn't gas lol it is in the same area each time and very low.

Went to Once Upon A Child today and got a second-hand changing table with shelves for $30 :D

Oh yay Mara! That is so precious! I am glad you saw it and everything looked okay.
Iceprincess- good to know the bleed has stopped! Phew! It can be a scary time. I am praying that they find a growing healthy baby in there on Tuesday! In the mean time rest- feet up, no heavy lifting!
Breadstick- yes it was about 22-23 weeks when I got punched by DD and was like "hello there!" I missed all the little flutters and went from feeling nothing to feeling everything including hiccups. I had a scan at 20wks with her so I knew she was okay and we knew we had a girl in there but the only pregnancy feeling I got was heartburn and a growing belly really to assure me. Yes I was annoyed everyone else could feel their little one and I couldn't :(

good luck at your next ultrasound sweety! :)
hope everyone else is well xx

Maratobe - great pictures glad all went well.

Me and my pregnant friend have just booked a Mummy To Be 5 days spa break!! BLISS!!

It's at the end of Feb and I will be about 22 weeks pregnant. Soooooo excited already :) we are also extending the break by 3 days and driving off to a converted holiday barn in Cheshire. Eeeekkk, it can't come soon enough! :)

That sounds fantastic, something to really look forward too.

Quick update from me:

Appointment went pretty well. STILL haven't heard the heart beat though! This time my midwife said it seemed like baby was rolling around too much in there and is tucked too far under muscle and pelvis. I'm wondering if I have an anterior placenta again?My uterus seems slightly tilted back as well.

My request for an ultrasound due to baby measuring a week behind was denied. Makes me more worried about having to get induced again this time as the dates may be a full week off. But at least everything seemed good, my uterus is measuring where it's supposed to, I gained about 4 lbs so far, and I finally got all my bloodwork done. Hoping to hear the heartbeat soon! Next appointment isn't until February 1st, but I'll definitely hear it then at least.

Glad the appointment went well and hope you get to hear the HB at next one

I've only really told my boss at work, so no-one else knows yet. It seems a bit rude to insist on being told things though, surely its up to you who and when you tell? I think if you want to tell family first then you should.

Update.... Bleeding stopped this am. Thank goodness. Last night phoned mw and she said either way there is nothing u can do so just relax and take it easy. Relaxing is easier said then done. I was up every hour with a flash light and tissue checking to see if the color was changing. This am mw called back and said stopped bleeding is a good sign and wait until Friday for my scheduled ultrasound. At work though several coworkers HAD to share their mc stories which freaked me right out so I called mw back to see if I could get in today for a us... No luck... Earliest apmt is next tues. she also said to prepare myself in case there is no hb found Friday. Wow harsh.... So I am waiting and trying to keep calm.
Thanks for all the caring responses everyone. I appreciate it!

Glad to hear the bleeding has stopped, sending good wishes to you for Friday hope they find everything is OK.

It worries me that my baby wasn't really moving at all when I had my scan :( everyone else's babies were bouncing around, why was mine not moving? It kind of scares me...

Hopefully it was just sleeping, I'm sure if there was something wrong, they would let you know.

IcePrincess I'm glad the bleeding has stopped.

Loving all the new scans ladies x

Well I'm still full of cold. It's driving me crazy!

Just been for my follow up scan at early pregnancy unit and baby is measuring 11 weeks 6 :) got my proper scan on the 16th jan. dr said that they will use the one today as my dating scan.

It was awesome the baby was jumping round wiggling about :)

Will I be 12 weeks tomorrow or 11 weeks 7? It confuses me

Thanks for the support. Can you all say another prayer or send out some more good wishes for my little boy?
I was having contraction-like cramping most of the night. Everything would be fine for 40 sec and then I'd cramp for about 15 seconds. It has slowed down in the past hour and happening every 5-10 minutes. Still bleeding too. The overnight doc we spoke with said this could be the start of a mc and that "it's very, very unlikely that this pregnancy will have a positive outcome." We're trying to stay as positive as we can but also trying to prepare ourselves for the worst, if one can even prepare for that. OH and I are both stubborn- we hope little Connor is too and that he can hold on for this wild ride with us and come out healthy in due time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->