~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I am keeping DD in her cot as long as humanly possible. She usually ends up in our bed anyhow but I can dream. We plan to have the new baby in a bassinette next to our bed for the first few months...then will have to re-arrange. See how it goes and how big the new baby is...if he or she lasts 3 mths in the bassinette. DD barely did cause she was so enormous.

Lol, sounds like my dd! We have one side off the crib and sidecarred it to our bed. She loves her crib, but always ends up back in the bed! That means I end up sleeping at the very edge, as she completely starfishes out and takes up half of our king sized bed! She definitely has to go in her own bed once baby comes or else there won't be any room! Lol

Sugar - I'm going to be silly and post the link to your web based blog for any dummies like me out there! https://mommywishes4dejavu2.blogspot.com/?m=0 I stared at it for ages going "there has to be a way for me to follow this.. it's blogger!" then eventually I found the link to go from mobile to web. lol derrrrrr. I'm officially following you now!

My blog is www.meatballsmith.blogspot.com I haven't updated for a few months because I was waiting till we 'came out' last time I started it when we got our bfp but I have a lot more readers now... so unless I wanted everyone to know instantly I couldn't write anything. BUT I WILL be updating today!! Working on the post now. We're announcing to facebook today... had our scan! Doc has listed me as 13+3 but the scan is showing 14 even! Tech was really friendly but we didn't get any pictures that even look like a baby, lol. She was like "oooh here's an adorable picture of the baby cupping his face with his hands" we squinted and were like,.. "hunh" lol I'll post them a bit later when I get the scanner out. All the measurements were really good and the doc actually said "Unless you have something really crazy going on with your blood, then everything should be fine genetically speaking." hahaha docs.

Lol oops! Thanks Becca! I had no idea it automatically did mobile with the link! Mobile is trickier, it doesnt let you see very much at all!

yeah when we had our daughter we had a 3 bedroom house but it was tiny!! we moved when she was 2 months old because my husband was wounded in combat and we received a free house from a foundation that helps wounded soldiers! it was a blessing! our new house has 5 bedrooms and 4 1/2 baths so we have plenty of room now. my hubby is complaining because he doesn't want to move furniture around for the kids to share a bathroom but i don't want my kid sharing a bathroom with the guest bedroom. i think it makes more sense to have two kids share a bathroom and have the upstairs guest bedroom have its own bathroom. he'll get on board when he sees that i'll move it myself if he doesn't do it :haha:

yeah when we had our daughter we had a 3 bedroom house but it was tiny!! we moved when she was 2 months old because my husband was wounded in combat and we received a free house from a foundation that helps wounded soldiers! it was a blessing! our new house has 5 bedrooms and 4 1/2 baths so we have plenty of room now. my hubby is complaining because he doesn't want to move furniture around for the kids to share a bathroom but i don't want my kid sharing a bathroom with the guest bedroom. i think it makes more sense to have two kids share a bathroom and have the upstairs guest bedroom have its own bathroom. he'll get on board when he sees that i'll move it myself if he doesn't do it :haha:

I love to hear when things are actually done right for our soliders!! :hugs: Just wanted to send a quick thanks to you and your family. :)

Sandrac....so sorry to hear of your news :( rest up & keep strong xxx

I hope everyone is having a good day.

I booked myself a private gender scan today!! They have an after Christmas offer....

For £55 I will get:
2D Gender Scan
4D Peek of babies face
3 Pictures
DVD of baby!

So exciting, I can't believe how great the price is!! :) It's on the 4th of Feb and I'll be 18+2.

And if baby is in a good position, I will buy a 4D picture for £5 extra. If they can't find the baby bits, I can go back for free for a second viewing!

I think this is much better than giving £50 to my hospital to sex the baby when a) they aren't very friendly and b) if they can't tell they just say 'sorry!'

Hope everyone is ok! xx

I know I was so chuffed! I expected to pay over £100 for the gender scan. Thank you Christmas Offers!! hehe :)

gosh sue that's fab!

So there's a lass I've known online for a while from two different forums - first a student forum as we were students together, and then we both moved to another pregnancy forum that she is still on (I'm not). We went through the tris together for her 1st child and my 2nd. She's pregnant again too, due 6 days after me, and she's just posted on FB that she has just felt baby move!

I think mine wants a poke lol.

sandrac, i'm so so sorry hun :hugs:

myra, keeping you in my thoughts!!

afm got my letter today confirming we're low risk :), and found out my friend who i met at antenatel group with DS is a wk ahead of me! so exciting to go through it all again with her!

I love to hear when things are actually done right for our soliders!! :hugs: Just wanted to send a quick thanks to you and your family. :)

Ditto, Becca!

tlh, what a wonderful gesture for your family! I love hearing things like this :)

Thanks! it's awesome. i never heard of anything like it so when my husband applied right when i found out i was pregnant with my daughter i told him yeah right its never gonna happen but whatever. The foundation called us the day i went into labor while i was at the hospital to tell us we were being considered and 2 months later we were in our house! they flew my husband, me and our daughter out to New York to present us with the key to our home at the NY Giants vs NY Jets game so it was an amazing opportunity. we tell all our military friends about them because they are always getting new homes to give to combat heroes!!

Has anyone been thinking about names/decided on names yet? by this point last time we had a boy name and a girl name decided so when i found out our daughter was a girl we started calling her by her name. now my hubby never wants to decide on a name and i want to so maybe i'll name him/her without him :haha:

That is awesome Carol! What great news! And cool you will have a bump buddy. :)

Here is our latest bump photo at 14weeks and 1 day...:flower:

Attachments

• 14.1 wks.jpg
    14.1 wks.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 17
Has anyone been thinking about names/decided on names yet? by this point last time we had a boy name and a girl name decided so when i found out our daughter was a girl we started calling her by her name. now my hubby never wants to decide on a name and i want to so maybe i'll name him/her without him :haha:

I've decided on the name if it is a boy..........but my girl name list is 15 names long. YIKES!

It was 16 until my friend pointed out today that Skye does not go with my last name....WALKER!!

I can't believe I didn't even think of that....could you imagine if i'd called her Skye Walker....oh dear - thank god it was noticed....scratched that one off the list! Haha.

we have a list of names for both but i don't really want to settle on a name till closer to having the baby.
i have been freezing all day, made home made Salisbury steak in my crock pot for our dinner tonight it smells so good. 3 more hours for it to cook for .
how are you ladies today.

Myra -Sending lots of positive thoughts your way, hope little C is a fighter :hugs:

Sandrac = So very sorry to hear of your loss, thinking of you at this sad time :hugs:

LOL Sue - I would TOTALLY have named her Skye... lol but that's because I'm totally in love with Luke Skywalker. ;)

Ditto, Becca!

tlh, what a wonderful gesture for your family! I love hearing things like this :)

Thanks! it's awesome. i never heard of anything like it so when my husband applied right when i found out i was pregnant with my daughter i told him yeah right its never gonna happen but whatever. The foundation called us the day i went into labor while i was at the hospital to tell us we were being considered and 2 months later we were in our house! they flew my husband, me and our daughter out to New York to present us with the key to our home at the NY Giants vs NY Jets game so it was an amazing opportunity. we tell all our military friends about them because they are always getting new homes to give to combat heroes!!

That is an amazing story! I honestly always feel like military wives with spouses that deploy to warzones are amazing. My husband is a sailor so he's not in any "real" danger despite his regular job hazards, I really couldnt imagine him going to combat. I have no idea how to say it without sounding awful, but I have never understood why people tell ME they are sorry my husband is gone etc. im always like really? go say that to a woman who's husband is in a war zone, mines on a freakin boat its really not that serious *uh* ya so hats off to you! I think ya'll are some of the strongest wives out there :)

We do have names picked, we have had our girl name picked since before we found out I was expecting. Our boy name we LITERALLY picked today. we have been so back and forth cause my husband has ultrimate say cause its our last child, and he wants to be able to name our last boy. and I got complete say of the girl name cause it would be our only daughter.

Girl name is Wilhelmina Evelyn-Wilhelmina was my great grandmother, she helped raised me, I was named after her daughter who was killed by a drunk driver. Her and I were very close. Evelyn is a name I just love, and is coincidentally My husbands great grandmothers name :)

Boy name is Hank Moseley- Im SO glad my husband picked Hank because I wanted to name one of our sons after my great grandfather. we spent a lot of years on his farm as children, but my husband was insistent on Moseley for a middle name and I dont like doing names together that end in the same sound so Henry was out. But we called my grandpa 'Hank' So its perfect!

The only set of grandparents/extended family I was really close to was my great grandparents so I was REALLY wanting to keep their names alive somehow. and am very excited to be able to.

Long explanations but I am in LOVE with the names so I love to share! but really feel like this bean is a girl! we'll find out early Monday morning!!:happydance:

Ditto, Becca!

That is an amazing story! I honestly always feel like military wives with spouses that deploy to warzones are amazing. My husband is a sailor so he's not in any "real" danger despite his regular job hazards, I really couldnt imagine him going to combat. I have no idea how to say it without sounding awful, but I have never understood why people tell ME they are sorry my husband is gone etc. im always like really? go say that to a woman who's husband is in a war zone, mines on a freakin boat its really not that serious *uh* ya so hats off to you! I think ya'll are some of the strongest wives out there :)

We do have names picked, we have had our girl name picked since before we found out I was expecting. Our boy name we LITERALLY picked today. we have been so back and forth cause my husband has ultrimate say cause its our last child, and he wants to be able to name our last boy. and I got complete say of the girl name cause it would be our only daughter.

Girl name is Wilhelmina Evelyn-Wilhelmina was my great grandmother, she helped raised me, I was named after her daughter who was killed by a drunk driver. Her and I were very close. Evelyn is a name I just love, and is coincidentally My husbands great grandmothers name :)

Boy name is Hank Moseley- Im SO glad my husband picked Hank because I wanted to name one of our sons after my great grandfather. we spent a lot of years on his farm as children, but my husband was insistent on Moseley for a middle name and I dont like doing names together that end in the same sound so Henry was out. But we called my grandpa 'Hank' So its perfect!

The only set of grandparents/extended family I was really close to was my great grandparents so I was REALLY wanting to keep their names alive somehow. and am very excited to be able to.

Long explanations but I am in LOVE with the names so I love to share! but really feel like this bean is a girl! we'll find out early Monday morning!!:happydance:

Luckily I met my husband after he returned for his tours overseas. He was doing recruiting because of his injuries when we met. So i was lucky and didn't have to deal with the constant worrying. I think it takes a very a strong woman to go through that! He had wanted to go back active duty after he has some time to heal but he was told he will never be fit to go back active duty. He was heartbroken but i was relieved. i want him to be home with kids and not fighting a war overseas with us at home wondering if he'll ever come home!!

I love your names and how there is a story behind it! My daughter's name is Madelyn Reece. We both like Madelyn and I was set on my first born's middle name being Reece whether she was a boy or a girl. Reece is my maternal grandparents last name and i was really close with my grandpa. he died from cancer when i was 12 so it was important to name her after him! I'd like to name this one after someone on my husband's side of the family so we'll see

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->