~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I love to hear when things are actually done right for our soliders!! :hugs: Just wanted to send a quick thanks to you and your family. :)

Ditto, Becca!

tlh, what a wonderful gesture for your family! I love hearing things like this :)

yeah when we had our daughter we had a 3 bedroom house but it was tiny!! we moved when she was 2 months old because my husband was wounded in combat and we received a free house from a foundation that helps wounded soldiers! it was a blessing! our new house has 5 bedrooms and 4 1/2 baths so we have plenty of room now. my hubby is complaining because he doesn't want to move furniture around for the kids to share a bathroom but i don't want my kid sharing a bathroom with the guest bedroom. i think it makes more sense to have two kids share a bathroom and have the upstairs guest bedroom have its own bathroom. he'll get on board when he sees that i'll move it myself if he doesn't do it :haha:

I love to hear when things are actually done right for our soliders!! :hugs: Just wanted to send a quick thanks to you and your family. :)

Thanks! it's awesome. i never heard of anything like it so when my husband applied right when i found out i was pregnant with my daughter i told him yeah right its never gonna happen but whatever. The foundation called us the day i went into labor while i was at the hospital to tell us we were being considered and 2 months later we were in our house! they flew my husband, me and our daughter out to New York to present us with the key to our home at the NY Giants vs NY Jets game so it was an amazing opportunity. we tell all our military friends about them because they are always getting new homes to give to combat heroes!!

Has anyone been thinking about names/decided on names yet? by this point last time we had a boy name and a girl name decided so when i found out our daughter was a girl we started calling her by her name. now my hubby never wants to decide on a name and i want to so maybe i'll name him/her without him :haha:

That is an amazing story! I honestly always feel like military wives with spouses that deploy to warzones are amazing. My husband is a sailor so he's not in any "real" danger despite his regular job hazards, I really couldnt imagine him going to combat. I have no idea how to say it without sounding awful, but I have never understood why people tell ME they are sorry my husband is gone etc. im always like really? go say that to a woman who's husband is in a war zone, mines on a freakin boat its really not that serious *uh* ya so hats off to you! I think ya'll are some of the strongest wives out there :)

We do have names picked, we have had our girl name picked since before we found out I was expecting. Our boy name we LITERALLY picked today. we have been so back and forth cause my husband has ultrimate say cause its our last child, and he wants to be able to name our last boy. and I got complete say of the girl name cause it would be our only daughter.

Girl name is Wilhelmina Evelyn-Wilhelmina was my great grandmother, she helped raised me, I was named after her daughter who was killed by a drunk driver. Her and I were very close. Evelyn is a name I just love, and is coincidentally My husbands great grandmothers name :)

Boy name is Hank Moseley- Im SO glad my husband picked Hank because I wanted to name one of our sons after my great grandfather. we spent a lot of years on his farm as children, but my husband was insistent on Moseley for a middle name and I dont like doing names together that end in the same sound so Henry was out. But we called my grandpa 'Hank' So its perfect!

The only set of grandparents/extended family I was really close to was my great grandparents so I was REALLY wanting to keep their names alive somehow. and am very excited to be able to.

Long explanations but I am in LOVE with the names so I love to share! but really feel like this bean is a girl! we'll find out early Monday morning!!:happydance:

Luckily I met my husband after he returned for his tours overseas. He was doing recruiting because of his injuries when we met. So i was lucky and didn't have to deal with the constant worrying. I think it takes a very a strong woman to go through that! He had wanted to go back active duty after he has some time to heal but he was told he will never be fit to go back active duty. He was heartbroken but i was relieved. i want him to be home with kids and not fighting a war overseas with us at home wondering if he'll ever come home!!

I love your names and how there is a story behind it! My daughter's name is Madelyn Reece. We both like Madelyn and I was set on my first born's middle name being Reece whether she was a boy or a girl. Reece is my maternal grandparents last name and i was really close with my grandpa. he died from cancer when i was 12 so it was important to name her after him! I'd like to name this one after someone on my husband's side of the family so we'll
see

that's nice though to not have had to deal with the warzone.stuff. i have friends whose husbands and it seems awful!

i love the name reece. wanted our last sons middle name to be reece but spelled rhys. but he hated it lol. we named our first son after my husbands family they've had the same set of initials since the 1700's!

Sandrac, sorry to hear of your loss. :hugs:

tlh, it is definitely great to hear of how some treat our veterans so well! I say thank you for your husband's service! My OH is supposed to join the Army as soon as he graduates school and after our wedding. He is supposed to head off to basic in either June or July. But he still has to lose the weight. He keeps telling himself he's going to fail so he's not even tried. So right now I'm trying to work on his self esteem to get it up and that he's not allowed to tell his mother that he's losing the weight because she will criticize him on every moment of it. He promised he wouldn't tell her. So now I'm getting him to eat a little healthier and he's supposed to start working out. He only has 30 lbs to lose so I know he can do it in no time! He actually took his little brother over to the recruiters office today so he can find out what he needs to do when he gets out to join. I told my OH that he needs to ask them some questions also to find out when he needs to lose his weight by so he can still join at that time. If he doesn't, then we'll have problems with me not working and him not making enough to support all of us. I am terrified if/when he will have a tour of duty come up. But it's something he wants to do in life, be in the military, and it's something I'll fully support him on. Thankfully it seems like the dvd that I've watched that most of the wives are there for each other and help support one another throughout the process.

Oh my goodness!! Today I have felt baby more than I have ever!!! I was sitting at work and I kept feeling butterflies in my tummy and it kept making me laugh!! felt like I was being tickled from the inside! LOL! Then I came home and felt it again while talking with one of my DS's counselors! I'm so happy to really be able to feel it right now!

baby names. Yeah we've got ours picked.

Nathan Lucas

and

Athena Adeline (pronounced Adduh-linn - we're not 100% sure on the spelling yet tbh)

as for stories behind them, no sadly not, nothing interesting.

We have a loose ancient Greek theme going on for our kids - Lydia, Alexander, and Jason, so we kinda wanted to continue the theme.
We both really like Athena, so that's fine.
But for a boy we just can't agree on an ancient Greek name that we both like, so we've just abandoned that idea entirely and both just threw out names that we both liked, and ended up with Nathan Lucas lol.

So that's that really.

I was thinking of Adeline too...like the song "sweet adeline" I figured she would be Ade or Ada for short. Boy names have always been a battle for me and DH to choose. I think we will have a boy and the poor kid will be nameless!

Blog post is up - https://meatballsmith.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-explanation.html

but this is the announcement photo we decided to go with....
Collages.jpg

erm... it didn't upload very big... the words are easier to read over on the blog. :)

in terms of blogs, I do have one but it has sweet-F-A to do with pregnancy or parenting haha.

you're all welcome to look if you want, but it's not relevant in the slightest :p

www.ngosney.com

I haven't written any posts for a couple of weeks

Becca, your daughter is so precious!

Thanks, we think so too ;) *grins* my husband KEEPS telling me that I need to get her an agent... but then he's said that since the week she was born. I just tell everyone thinks their kids are the cutest.

hello ladies!

sandrac-so sorry for your loss :hugs:

myra-praying like crazy :hugs:

AFM-I haven't thrown up in over a week, thought I was free and clear...sounds good right?? Well I was wrong, as I just lost my dinner!! UGH!!!

DD and I spent tonight building her lego house she got, and watching Christmas movies. OH is at a hockey game, and I'm wide awake, and hungry again!!!

Sandrac, sorry to hear of your loss. :hugs:

tlh, it is definitely great to hear of how some treat our veterans so well! I say thank you for your husband's service! My OH is supposed to join the Army as soon as he graduates school and after our wedding. He is supposed to head off to basic in either June or July. But he still has to lose the weight. He keeps telling himself he's going to fail so he's not even tried. So right now I'm trying to work on his self esteem to get it up and that he's not allowed to tell his mother that he's losing the weight because she will criticize him on every moment of it. He promised he wouldn't tell her. So now I'm getting him to eat a little healthier and he's supposed to start working out. He only has 30 lbs to lose so I know he can do it in no time! He actually took his little brother over to the recruiters office today so he can find out what he needs to do when he gets out to join. I told my OH that he needs to ask them some questions also to find out when he needs to lose his weight by so he can still join at that time. If he doesn't, then we'll have problems with me not working and him not making enough to support all of us. I am terrified if/when he will have a tour of duty come up. But it's something he wants to do in life, be in the military, and it's something I'll fully support him on. Thankfully it seems like the dvd that I've watched that most of the wives are there for each other and help support one another throughout the process.

Oh my goodness!! Today I have felt baby more than I have ever!!! I was sitting at work and I kept feeling butterflies in my tummy and it kept making me laugh!! felt like I was being tickled from the inside! LOL! Then I came home and felt it again while talking with one of my DS's counselors! I'm so happy to really be able to feel it right now!

Deployments aren't to horrible as long as you have the support and you realize it's not really an option. Deployments happen but they make you stronger and I have met some of the strongest and most amazing women I know from our 4 years that dh was in. It's long and can be stressful but totally manageable :)

As far as names go we have a solid boys name Tanner Wyatt and a first name for a girl Ryleigh. Dh refuses to pick a middle name though he's hoping so desperately that its a boy so when I try to pick a middle name his mind drifts off cause he doesn't want to think about it :dohh: I really love the middle name Joy so if it is a girl ill work on getting him on board with that :haha:

Had my NT scan today. It was super quick--like 10 mins. I don't know about anywhere else, but in Canada, the techs aren't allowed to tell you anything. I assume that if there was any cause for concern that it would've meant a longer appointment and more pictures of measurements. Heartbeat was 155 :) He/She was trying to have a nap, but we kept poking him/her, lol. Oh and baby also had the hiccups, it was so cute. At one point he/she sucked his/her thumb too...super cute. I guess I won't get another scan until the 18-20 week one, and I have booked a 4D scan for March 22nd, because they won't do them until you've seen your dr AFTER your 18-20 week scan. Heartbeat says girl, chinese gender predictor say boy, baking soda test says girl, my gut says boy (but I've been wrong every time, lol)...I can't wait to know....just 11 weeks to go:dohh:

Today I'm a peach! Also 33% of the way there....time is moving SO slowly for me......

Here's the Little Peanut....no nub that I can see.....

Attachments

• 13 Week Ultrasound.jpg
    13 Week Ultrasound.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 5
I think I felt baby move last night but I'm not sure, was led in bed belly down on top of my pillow and there was some wired popping sensations, not gas bubbles. Do u think it was baby?

As for names it's Evie Alice for a girl and Charlie Sean for a boy, no interesting stories behind it, Alice was hubby's grandma and Sean is my brother.

I think my ms has gone!!! Have to keep fingers crossed and I've started to have a bit more energy during the day which is good, will be ready to face work again on Monday!!

Welcome proudmomof2 and congrats!!!!

Proudarmywife, Thanks for your information about the deployments. The wives definitely looked like a strong bunch of ladies that support each other.

dove, it's funny how different tests say different things. I had two different chinese gender charts that asked the same questions one said girl and I recently did another one on a different site and it said boy. Either way we all have a 50% chance either way! LOL! I have a feeling girl and everyone is guessing girl. So we'll see. With my son I wanted a girl but I didn't think I was going to have a girl and sure enough it was a boy. This time I'd be happy either way of course but just have that feeling it's a girl

Don't have names picked out yet. We are waiting to find out gender before we look at names. The names that everyone has here are wonderful! I love all your names you have picked out for your LO's!!

Hoping those still having problems with ms are feeling better soon!! Also hope those that are still sick feel well soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->