~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I LOVE some of those. I bet some are so expensive though. It's so hard to be creative on a budget, and when working with a not-entirely-massive-room.

I guess I've got a while to save up yet though, as the little-'un will probably be in with us for a good 12-18 months.

Besides it might be a girl lol, in which case I don't need a triple set.

hopefully it's a girl and all will be ok....since it wasn't planned it would be nice if at least that went in your favour ;)

But if you knew a handy person you could possibly even build your own set with some help that would work in your space. and saving up is also an option, esp if you had to order custom for the space. My coworker lives in a tiny one bedroom condo with her husband and toddler, they are making it work and just got a loft bed for themselves. They searched for quite some time since they have low ceilings so not all of the ones they found would work. But she's thrifty and so I know she must have gotten a good deal.

Unfortunately I don't know anybody handy, but if I save up I guess I could get a carpenter to do it for us or something.

I don't really mind if it's a boy or a girl. We'll manage either way I suppose ;)

Alice I noticed the slanted roof in the photo you posted. Are a lot of homes in England like that? I stayed with a friend in London who had a similar layout a few years ago.:

I don't think it's that common really. It's because the front of our house is an odd shape :

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/XenaGlamRocker/SAM_0459.jpg

so that slanting roof means that we have a slanting ceiling in our master bedroom.
It's a bit annoying but oh well.

Our last house wasn't like that at all :

(this is our last house - from when we had it on the market a couple of years ago)

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/property-history/9-oakdene-way/leeds/ls17-8xr/13119977

nor was the house before - it was just a back-to-back mid-row victorian terrace. No slanting roof at all.

caro103 - I'm not entirely sure. First time around I was positive it was going to boy and I wasn't the slightest bit worried... but now... I don't know. I just adore my little girl sooo much and I see all the crazy boys at playgroups, and I don't know anything about little boys... and I have all the girl stuff... see it's all mostly trivial stuff that I'm sure I'll be able to get over. But there's a few biggies like, what if I don't bond with him as well as I did my girl?

Becca, I have a boy right now and I have to say, most boys I know are the biggest momma's boys there are! I only know "boys" but even with that I don't know if I know all that with my son having a disability. He is ADHD with behavioral problems. Thank goodness he is finally acting like a normal kid and not a wild child! We do have him on a very low dose of medicine at this point but he was on a higher dose and one time and it made him more aggressive and also a zombie and I told the doc it had to go. Between his low dose of meds and finally a good school that works with him he is becoming a normal child. He always felt like no one wanted him because that's how the schools would treat him. This one he's at now, they tell them they want him and tell him no matter how he acts he will still continue to come back. This year he's completely different going there and he has been continuously praised there! Of course he has his moments, BUT like I tell him, we ALL have our moments! So he's beginning to finally understand!

Sorry kind of went off subject there. But I am hoping for a girl this time around. I have a feeling it's a girl but I'm not taking that feeling to heart. I will love our baby no matter the gender and he/she will be just a rough houser if they want to be as we are as a family! My son said he wants a younger brother to teach him how to beat up on his uncle. But I told him even if it's a girl he can still teach her! I was a tomboy growing up. I was the one who went fishing and hunting with my dad and my brother grew up not wanting to do anything but sit inside all day. Boys can be very fun!!! The bond will be strong between mother and son!

I can identify with you, Becca! I'm not worried to have a boy, but I definitely identify myself as a girls' mommy. I love that my dd is so girly. She likes to have her her done, she likes pink things and Disney and big doll houses. I love all the super girly stuff!

In comparison, boy stuff looks boring. Boring colors of mainly dark colors for car seats and such, toys aren't as exciting, clothes aren't as cute and rufflely! But there's also charm in getting to experience both sides and have one of each, so I'm excited for either!

alice they are both beautiful houses.

thanks hun.

I really miss our last one tbh, it's the one I grew up in. We had to sell it because of financial problems, so the one we're in now is a bit smaller (and worth less than half).

But no matter. It'll do. I wasn't quite expecting to have 4 kids but with a squeeze we'll get by. People used to get by with a lot more people in a lot smaller houses I suppose.

Becca and Libby'smum - I didn't know what to expect either when we had DS1 as I was used to only having DD, but honestly they're not harder than girls. If anything they're easier when it comes to nappy changes lol.
My DD has always been very independent, but my DSes (especially DS1) are much more into being molly-coddled.

caro103 - I'm not entirely sure. First time around I was positive it was going to boy and I wasn't the slightest bit worried... but now... I don't know. I just adore my little girl sooo much and I see all the crazy boys at playgroups, and I don't know anything about little boys... and I have all the girl stuff... see it's all mostly trivial stuff that I'm sure I'll be able to get over. But there's a few biggies like, what if I don't bond with him as well as I did my girl?

aww :hugs:, I can assure you little boys are just ace!! i reckon those worries are normal just for a 2nd child, as you can't imagine loving another child as much as the one you already have, but we will :D xx

You're probably right... it's probably a lot of second child angst spilling over. Everyone says love multiples but I'm still worried... I spend soo much of every day, every minute and so much of the night with my daughter that I don't know where I'm going to find the time for another. I'm sure I can do it. Doesn't keep me from worrying about it though! I love her soooo much.

My husband is not much of a man's man. (kinda a genius though) He's a software engineer with a video game habit. No sports, doesn't do DIY etc etc... He was picked on and bullied in school. My brother on the other hand did football, baseball and joined the Marines.. I am kinda looking forward to teaching him how to be a GOOD man. Kind but strong. I've heard so many horror stories of guys who grow up to marry women who put so much distance between the sons and their families. I don't want him to be a momma's boy but I still want to see him! I know that girls are so much more likely to still be friends with their mothers when they grow up.

Libbysmum - roadtrip across America with a 10 month old? You are far braver than I!

Update: The dishes are done, and I swept and mopped floors...I won't recognize the place soon!
Becca- totally agree! Think my organisational skills will have to up a level or two...the only way to manage things. I love my DD but yes she is a handful and takes up 90% of my time. Some days I beg my DH if I can go shower just to have some "me" time for a few moments.

here is a link some good stuff on here if you have time to read through it all.
https://theorganisedhousewife.com.au/

here is a link some good stuff on here if you have time to read through it all.
https://theorganisedhousewife.com.au/

LOL I'll think about getting organized when I stop vomiting. *laughs*

Earlier tonight I told hubby I was taking a break and that J was all his. 40 minutes later he comes storming upstairs hollering that he needs me. I head downstairs. There's something small and pink that looks spit up on the kitchen floor and hubby is in a panic. He says Jessie pulled her chair over to the cabinets looking for candy. The medicine cabinet was open. He was upset and wanted me to find out what she'd gotten into and then spit out. I got down and smelled it. It was yogurt from a little earlier. She'd spilled it. She hadn't gotten anything out of the cupboard (THANKFULLY) we had a long talk with her, and then OH told me that this is why I can never die because what would he do without me. *sigh* Who knew you'd have to baby proof the upper cabinets in the kitchen?

Off to watch the Dr. Who Christmas special. :)

Becca- LoL I can totally relate. My DD ate some of my cocoa butter cream that she took out of my handbag moments after I had asked DH to watch her while I took a shower. Men are big at panic mode! Last night I was talking on phone with my sister and DH grabbed DD to have a hug and DD wasn't in the mood for a hug so flung herself as she does and her head hit the wall...I had to hang up the phone to deal with it. LOL :) I am thinking will take DD out of the house this afternoon after her nap so the place stays reasonably tidy. Right now I am having a mug of moca before she wakes from her nap.
We may move house in March. I am pondering what to do about packing. Would love to just do a big declutter and just keep the basics but DH doesn't seem to like throwing anything away especially stuff we were given. I been telling him the fan downstairs needs to go in the trash as it doesn't work for over 2 years...he says to me the other night...oh you were right babe- that fan downstairs doesn't work! LOL I had to laugh.

2 trimester bumphttps://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag114/Sw33tp3a/537286_3521096606098_38381821_n_zps05f97913.jpg
i have been loosing weight. down 16 pnds. but im still eating. im over weight so im not complaining. my bump is still there and growing. im mostly loosing in my legs and every were else.

Oh i love seeing baby bumps! I dont have one yet, still early. But i am bloated all the time. Lol.

I haven't bought or even thought of buying any baby items yet. I will wait till third tri & after the baby shower. This is my second, my daughter is 6, so it is a must here to have another baby shower. Not looking forward to it as i dont like the attention. But i do enjoy it, just not the spotlight.

We are really hoping for a boy this time, but we would love another girl too though...lol. We do have a few names picked out. With our last, we didnt come up with a name until the last month.

Cant wait to find what we are having....maybe by march?

loving all the bump pictures.

I think I need that organised housewife website too! I never seem to find the time to get anything done. Well...I do when the kids are at school, but since it has been the Christmas hols and the kids have been at home all day, they've been taking up a lot of my time.

I used to try and follow the Flylady website www.flylady.net but that went out of the window a long time ago.

Got my next midwife appointment tomorrow.

I've really gotten the second trimester rush of energy. I have been feeling so down and without energy the last three months, but I feel so much better now! It's easier to keep the house clean and not let all the little jobs build up so much.

I'm also a bit apprehensive of having a boy. I love being a girlies mummy. And my hubby really isn't your typical masculine man (hope he doesn't read this, haha!). He also likes his computers, works in IT, loves his games and doesn't do sports or workouts or anything. He likes DIY though, so that's a massive help!
That said, I know I would love having a boy just as much, it's just so unknown!

I'm looking for a bunkbed that can be converted in two single beds. But no idea where to find one!

aww gorgeous bumps! i must take some pics, had taken loads last time by now :blush:

ooh we made our first baby purchases yesterday! we don't need much as i kept all DS's stuff and his big stuff is gender neutral. But we've bought a crib this time and i got some newborn vests in the sale :). Other than that i think we only need a swing and a sling! so strange to not have to buy tones of stuff this time!

we;re moving soon too though so gonna be majorly stressful getting a new house sorted in time for this babies arrival :/ xx

Oh i love seeing baby bumps! I dont have one yet, still early. But i am bloated all the time. Lol.

I haven't bought or even thought of buying any baby items yet. I will wait till third tri & after the baby shower. This is my second, my daughter is 6, so it is a must here to have another baby shower. Not looking forward to it as i dont like the attention. But i do enjoy it, just not the spotlight.

We are really hoping for a boy this time, but we would love another girl too though...lol. We do have a few names picked out. With our last, we didnt come up with a name until the last month.

Cant wait to find what we are having....maybe by march?

They booked my gender ultrasound on 2/6. I will be 19 weeks. So maybe you'll find out before the end of February!! March just seems so far away!! I like looking forward to the next month instead of thinking about 2 months away.

I'm loving the bumps too!! I still just look fat! Of course I am, but some have said that I'm starting to get a belly. I just say it's my insides being pushed up making room for the baby so it's poking out more at the top (my actual stomach) than the baby. LOL! They also tell me I'm looking pregnant in the face now. I guess I have the glow. I have felt the baby move once every day now for the last few days! It is usually around 4pm. It's just funny how around that one time of the day baby is extra active!

Hello ladies!!! It's my birthday today, I'm off to church shortly, and then my OH is taking me out to lunch before I have to go to work, I hope, he's really tired, and our plans for "dates" never seem to work out. The bean woke me up at 6:30 this morning with his/her wiggling around, it TICKLED! Have a great day everyone!

Hello ladies!!! It's my birthday today, I'm off to church shortly, and then my OH is taking me out to lunch before I have to go to work, I hope, he's really tired, and our plans for "dates" never seem to work out. The bean woke me up at 6:30 this morning with his/her wiggling around, it TICKLED! Have a great day everyone!

happy birthday, have a great day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->