~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Love all the bumps :)

Good luck to anyone with an appt tomorrow. I also have a midwife check up and I'm so anxious to hear baby's heartbeat again. It's been six weeks since we saw bean on the ultrasound and I am super nervous!

We're finding out the gender tomorrow, im so excited! im extremely excited for our sons to finally know. they already think im preggo though cause of my belly. my oldest keeps coming up to me and saying "you're belly is getting very fat, i think you're having a baby!" LOL

so hopefully by this time next week our families will know!! That will be a major relief!

We're finding out the gender tomorrow, im so excited! im extremely excited for our sons to finally know. they already think im preggo though cause of my belly. my oldest keeps coming up to me and saying "you're belly is getting very fat, i think you're having a baby!" LOL

so hopefully by this time next week our families will know!! That will be a major relief!

how old are your kids already? just out of curiosity

12 weeks today! I'm finally getting somewhere now. The MS is getting better, which I'm so thankful for. Looks like I won't have a nightmarish vomiting pregnancy like last time!

Sciatica has started though - really no fun at all!

Oh mine too! Still get waves of nausea but vomit free since Christmas Eve!!!

Told Mom today. She's over the moon "about time" she said. And she is excited that I want my step father to be grandpa. I never felt right calling him dad but I always knew my kids would call him grandpa. He'll be excited. He is in the hospital waiting for a room at a nursing so this will lift his spirits I'm sure. And maybe even encourage him to get stronger! He has MS and had a stroke in the summer so he can't be home any more. He has depression so he really doesn't want to get better most of the time but maybe this will help give him something to focus on other than his condition.

Told Mom today. She's over the moon "about time" she said. And she is excited that I want my step father to be grandpa. I never felt right calling him dad but I always knew my kids would call him grandpa. He'll be excited. He is in the hospital waiting for a room at a nursing so this will lift his spirits I'm sure. And maybe even encourage him to get stronger! He has MS and had a stroke in the summer so he can't be home any more. He has depression so he really doesn't want to get better most of the time but maybe this will help give him something to focus on other than his condition.

I just call my step-mother "June" but my kids call her "grandma June" and think of her as a grandmother figure.

TBH I've never gotten along with her that much but we're amicably civil I guess.

I'm glad your mom is so happy :)

I feel like I've missed a lot!

I am actually hoping for a boy! :haha: My husband is not the manly-man type either, we are both nerdy gamer people (him moreso than me, I usually don't game by myself, only co-op with him) but we also LOVE sports. We live in a college town and go to as many games as we can :thumbup: Anyway, I will be happy with either, but I have more experience raising a boy since my little brother was born when I was in high school. Also, I am a tomboy and have been since I was pretty young! I don't wear make-up and would have no clue what to do if my little girl wanted a make-over :haha: I have no fashion sense, I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. If we have a little girl and if she is girly as she gets older I will have a lot of learning to do! :rofl:

I'm big on not finding out the sex of the baby until birth because I don't want everyone to assign gender stereotypes on my kid before it even gets a chance to breathe. Not to say that I'll go so far as to raise a gender neutral kid (there was a story of a local family who did that, and it's not practical or healthy IMO). But I'm fine if my girl wants to play rough and tumble with trucks and mud and if my boy wants to be gentle and play princess teaparty or if they are girly girls or manly boys or balance of both. I want my kid to find out who they are first before anyone tells them who they should be. I always felt a weird that I didn't like to wear makeup or heels and I was told I wasn't a 'normal girl' for many different reasons over the years. So that's my 2 cents. (we were talking about this on another thread I'm on which is why I'm going on a tangent here)

We are finding out the sex (hopefully in February!) but I completely agree! I will admit, pink is probably my least favorite color. I politely told family members that if we are having a girl we would prefer not to receive a lot of pink clothing items, etc. But also if it's a boy not to be overloaded with blue. We are decorating the baby's room with a zoo theme, we love animals (we have four furbabies) and want our child to appreciate nature as well. This isn't to say we won't have ANYTHING pink or blue, but I just don't want to completely decorate that way until the baby is old enough to pick. My family annoyed me a bit, they kept saying "Just you wait, you are going to push tomboy on your little girl and she is going to rebel by being a super girly-girl HAHAHA!" :dohh: Ugh, I had to repeat myself a gazillion times, whatever the gender, when they are old enough to pick out clothing, colors, items, etc they can get whatever they want. I'm not going to tell my little girl no to a pink, frilly dress that she wants because I don't like the color :nope: Same if it's a boy who wants a pink shirt or a girl who wants a blue shirt. Rant over :haha: I should say though, I don't think there is anything wrong at all with doing a girl's room pink, boy's room blue...it's just personal preference for us :flower:

Baby showers...this is our first child so we have several friends and family members wanting to throw showers for us. I think they are great and a lot of fun, though I'm not very traditional with them. Most people throw a shower for just the women but I like everyone to be there and it be more of a party than anything. My step-dad's family likes to separate everyone by gender a lot so I think that is why I don't like it. Seriously, every holiday is the same, all the women in the kitchen with the kids and all the men in the living room watching a sporting event of some sort (whether it is live, professional or one of my step-dad's and uncles' old high school games). Anyway, we don't expect gifts, we have been buying most of the things we need on our own anyway. Anything we do get is extra to us. I have a friend who complained on facebook about people not buying off of her registry, not cool :dohh:

As far as buying things for baby in early pregnancy, we're guilty! We see it this way, most likely nothing bad will happen, the odds are in our favor. I am normally such a worrier about EVERYTHING, but for some reason I have been really calm and worry-free about the pregnancy. I guess I just see it as I am doing everything I can to make sure the baby is safe and there really isn't anything else I can do. It also makes us really happy to shop and purchase things for the baby :thumbup:

Our next appointment is the 16th, just a regular check-up. I have appointments every four weeks so I'm guessing my next ultrasound will be the week of Valentine's Day but I guess we'll see! I am hoping the doctor will use the doppler, I'd love to find out what the baby's heart rate is at 15 weeks :) Or I could just get my own doppler :haha: I wonder though, how much will I be able to hear with an anterior placenta? :shrug: Any other ladies have experience with this?

I know a lot of you are still having morning sickness symptoms but has anyone been able to exercise at all? My husband and I like to be active but it's winter here so it's a bit more difficult. I can only do so much mall walking! :haha: I am a student at the college here so I will be able to do lots of walking around our beautiful campus starting tomorrow :happydance: I'd like to do more though...any suggestions?

My boys are 7, 5 and 20 months. so pretty close to your kids ages! my older two's birthdays are in.November, and the youngest is in may :)

had we gotten preggo when we wanted with #3 our kids would be about the same age gaps as yours!

I just call my step-mother "June" but my kids call her "grandma June" and think of her as a grandmother figure.

TBH I've never gotten along with her that much but we're amicably civil I guess.

I'm glad your mom is so happy :)

I'm been vomit free ( :haha: ) since Christmas too! It's wonderful, but I still get really nauseous all the time, especially at midnight!

DH has a step dad and they asked us if he was allowed to be a grandpa. I didn't mind so I said it was fine. Katie is too young to call grandparents much of anything yet (and every single grandparent and great grandparent want to be called something very different, so it'll be a lot to learn!) but my MIL calls the step dad "Papa Joe" to set him apart from DH's dad, who's Grandpa.

I also have a step dad, but I view him as my real dad and my real dad isn't in the picture at all, so my kids won't even know that he's a step.

my step dad is called Grandpa to alex too :), but i don't call him dad as he wasn't in my life until i was 10 and i very much remember my dad, so alex will know he had a wonderful grandad too :)

hope the sickness goes away very soon for those of you still feeling icky! I've been sooo lucky this pregnancy and not been sick once, just had the odd bit of nausea which seems to have pretty much gone now so long as i don't skip meals :D

My boys are 7, 5 and 20 months. so pretty close to your kids ages! my older two's birthdays are in.November, and the youngest is in may :)

had we gotten preggo when we wanted with #3 our kids would be about the same age gaps as yours!

that's cool. Do your older two get on okay with your youngest?
Just asking cos when my youngest will be 20 months, my two boys will also be 5 and 7 (and obviously DD will be 9).

that's cool. Do your older two get on okay with your youngest?
Just asking cos when my youngest will be 20 months, my two boys will also be 5 and 7 (and obviously DD will be 9).

yes, they love him and they play very well together. the 3+ age gap has really been great, i was nervous at first but they really get on great, they always try to include the baby and are very helpful and patient with him :) seems like the more vocal and mobile he gets the more they are wanting him to be included with everything they do.

Yeah, my stepdad will be Grandpa Dave. Since DH father passed away and my father has as well (but he was never in the picture anyway) He'll be the only grandfather the kid has so the title is extraspecial to me that someone gets it. I've got lots of aunts and uncles too so they'll be well loved.

I'm not averse to pink/blue but I just don't like the idea of everything being colour coded. I told my Spinster Aunt (I call her this in real life too...) that she can start working on a quilt as she's just taking up quilting again so she's excited that I'm already asking for things. The other cousins kind of avoided her goodies since they don't like them. But I figure if I ask for specific things I won't get useless things! Both she and my mother have proclaimed they will spoil the child rotten. So I guess I really don't need to worry about getting things now. LOL

I am fine if my kid comes home one day and decides they want to be a fairy princess forever or a football player in a rock band who does construction on the side. They will be who they will be. I just don't want them thinking there are limits on who that is. I'm with you on the 'wear what they want' thing breadsticks I'll let them dye their hair and pierce their face (after 13 cause then they can take care of it themselves) If that's the worst they do with their lives I've got no problems. Tattoos will wait until they are 18 but only because I want their body to be mostly done growing and not have them stuck with a warped butterfly or band name forever because their skin grew and stretched things. (seen it happen) But after 18 I'll drive them to the parlor myself. I'm fine with their self expression. And if that also means sweater sets, pearls and kitten heels then I'll figure out what all that means and roll with it.

I know people have different traditions in their families and I'm not trying to trash that or disrespect it either. To each their own. If you function fine that way far be it from me to judge you or force my thoughts on you.

I told some of my family we're going with a midwife (they aren't so standard across Canada yet). I was hoping to fly under the radar about the option of a home birth until the end but my Spinster Aunt perked up when I said MW and asked all sorts of questions. I think I phrased it well enough to say that it's only an option if the MW assesses me that way, not letting on that I would really like to have a home birth. But it's true, it's not an option until week 37 and only if I get the green light from the MW. So I think I'll avoid the backlash a little longer.

But thanks Alice, I'm so relieved that they are all excited. They all took the news much better than they took the news we eloped. Clearly they've moved past it and now see the positive outcome (we're not letting them know we were trying long before we got married....unless it comes up).

I had another giant salad today. I'm thinking they could be a staple for sure. And I mean giant... like med-lrg mixing bowl full of salad! Screw you constipation! (it's totally helping too).

How is everyone else? Does anyone celebrate Orthodox Christmas today/tomorrow? We're making not so traditional meal but enjoying it all the same. DH is Ukrainian so he insists we keep the tree up at least until Jan 14! My uncle said 'if it's an artificial why not'.... I told him he should be on my side... he just laughed. *sigh*

HUGS ladies!

also I'm jealous of all the bumps. I still fit into my pants, though they are getting tighter. Nary a bump to be seen. Only felt if you know where to touch.

Breadsticks - I was doing Stroller Strides and going to the gym before I got pregnant but haven't been able to do a thing since. We've cancelled the gym membership but I'm going back to my first Stroller Strides class on Wednesday!!! Kinda scared. Really don't want to puke or pass out in class! I know most of the moms though and the teachers are friends of mine. Stroller Strides is where you've got your kiddo in the stroller and you do a mix of cardio and resistance work like with the exercise tubing? It's pretty fun but I just have not even been up to moving let alone exercising. Since my nausea seems more intense in the mornings and evenings now I figure I should try to get some exercise in before I get too big and the hip pain starts up! I'll let you know how it goes. :)

I keep thinking I'm going to get down on the floor and start stretching... but then I decide to lay down on the sofa instead. oops.

wow i feel like i missed a lot so i'll try to catch up on some
I would be find having kids share the room even if they weren't the same sex. I really believe kids each getting their own room can be over rated. I was raised an only child so I hope to have at least 2 kids. DH said we'd need a much bigger place and I said "Please, I know a family of 5 kids that grew up in a 2 bedroom apartment... we'll manage" So he's come around on that I think.

I'm nervous about having a boy and so is DH... he thinks it would turn out just like him and he knows that means lots of work and worry for both of us LOL But at the same time it could turn out like me and be a shy bookworm who we have to bribe to go out and play with other kids............so somewhere in the middle would be ok too I guess :haha:

I'm big on not finding out the sex of the baby until birth because I don't want everyone to assign gender stereotypes on my kid before it even gets a chance to breathe. Not to say that I'll go so far as to raise a gender neutral kid (there was a story of a local family who did that, and it's not practical or healthy IMO). But I'm fine if my girl wants to play rough and tumble with trucks and mud and if my boy wants to be gentle and play princess teaparty or if they are girly girls or manly boys or balance of both. I want my kid to find out who they are first before anyone tells them who they should be. I always felt a weird that I didn't like to wear makeup or heels and I was told I wasn't a 'normal girl' for many different reasons over the years. So that's my 2 cents. (we were talking about this on another thread I'm on which is why I'm going on a tangent here)

regarding the kids staying in the same room if they are the same sex. I don't know if it's different in other countries. But in the U.S. opposite sex children legally can't share a bedroom after like age 5 or something. I think it's silly because they're siblings so who cares. But i had a friend that almost lost her three kids because her 7 year old boy and 5 year old girl shared a bedroom.

tsyhanochka - My little girls wants to be batman one day and a sparkly princess the next. She was supergirl for halloween, all her pjs are batman/spiderman/superman and yet 2 days ago she had a breakdown because I wouldn't let her sleep in her princess dress. *Grins* I LOVE IT!

that's just it! I want my kid to be who they are. I have honestly known too many people who say that girls must be girls and boys are boys... in that very ridged sense (sorry if some ladies on here feel that way but I'm just sharing my thoughts please share yours). But not letting a kid express themselves just seems not fair or natural for me. Maybe I really am the hippie earthy crunchy person may family all thinks that I am :coffee:

i completely agree! my daughter plays with toys that are supposed to be for boys but who cares. if we have a boy and he wants to play with her dolls so be it. i think kids need to be able to express themselves in whatever way works for them.

caro103 - I'm not entirely sure. First time around I was positive it was going to boy and I wasn't the slightest bit worried... but now... I don't know. I just adore my little girl sooo much and I see all the crazy boys at playgroups, and I don't know anything about little boys... and I have all the girl stuff... see it's all mostly trivial stuff that I'm sure I'll be able to get over. But there's a few biggies like, what if I don't bond with him as well as I did my girl?
aww :hugs:, I can assure you little boys are just ace!! i reckon those worries are normal just for a 2nd child, as you can't imagine loving another child as much as the one you already have, but we will :D xx

i've had a hard time struggling with will i love this baby as much as my daughter. i felt so bonded with my daughter by this point in pregnancy and haven't had that yet with this baby. i think its because i don't have as much free time to really think about it. i've talked with my dad a lot about my
worries. he has 6 kids and assured me that i will be surprised how much love i have in me for my children

Hello Ladies! I hope I can join you! I'm 12 weeks and 4 days (I think)...lol...I have my next appt on the 11th and I am hoping my doc will do an U/S and maybe take a peek and see if we can tell gender at all :)

How are you ladies doing?

OH...and I am due on July 16th! This is my 3rd pregnancy!

congrats and welcome!!

Hello ladies!!! It's my birthday today, I'm off to church shortly, and then my OH is taking me out to lunch before I have to go to work, I hope, he's really tired, and our plans for "dates" never seem to work out. The bean woke me up at 6:30 this morning with his/her wiggling around, it TICKLED! Have a great day everyone!

happy birthday!!!

are you getting a private scan? i didn't know you could find out gender that early. that's awesome and i'm super jealous :haha:

my mom and her boyfriend were together for most of my life so we call him grandpa do my daughter even though i never called him dad!

Well ladies sadly to say I am going to be leaving this line of posts. Went for my first us Friday at 11+1 and the tech said I was not as far along as I should be. Then did a vag us and would not let me see anything. Asked when my next mw appointment was and pretty much ran out the door. I knew something was wrong.... Called mw office to see if someone could at least check for hb to ease my mind as we were on out way to a friends wedding hours away. They said not to worry if there was a problem they would call. So we left and just as we were pulling into the beautiful resort my cell phone rang... I knew who it was.... My mw asked what the tech had said... Nothing... She said the us showed a baby. But there was no hb. Stopped growing at 6+1. It was like someone ripped my heart out.... Told us to think of the options and she would call us next day. We were just thinking we were going to leave when several people we knew ran up to the truck.... Long story short... Held it together for my best friend... She had no idea what was going on.... Stayed for the wedding and left as soon as the party started... When we were saying good bye I think she could tell something was wrong but I did not want this to in anyway ruin a day she had been waiting years for... He was her high school sweetheart and also my brothers best friend. So I knew everyone there.... That was the hardest thing I have ever had to do emotionally. Seen ob today in emerg and was given cytotec. Things are starting to progress. This is my first mc.

Best of luck ladies.... I will be thinking of all of you but will no longer be around. Thanks for all your support! wishing you all happy and healthy rest of your pregnancies.
Baby...
If love could have kept you here my little one, you would have lived forever. Xoxo

IcePrincess, I am so sorry to hear about your loss!!! :hugs: Hoping for a strong BFP for you in the near future!!

Iceprincess that's horrible news. Take the time you need and I hope you get a bfp again as soon as you are ready :hugs:

Tlh I looked it up. As far as I can find our province doesn't have that law but the children's aid has suggested age guidelines and a family legal clinic elaborates. But no law mentioned. The big thing is that you don't break over crowding laws. Good to know its not the same everywhere though.

IcePrincess, I am so sorry for your loss! :hugs: You are very strong to have stayed for the ceremony. I hope that you are able to take time for yourselves to heal from this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->