~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I'm back from my scan, all went well. Baby was very wriggley and measured exactly to my dates...13th July. :happydance:

My NT measurement was 2.2 which is 'normal' but is still higher Than I would have liked! It was 1.2 with DS1 So now I'm worried about my results :dohh:
Nothing really to worry about yet but I'm still worrying! Typical!

image.jpg

Hey all,

I got my DS test results back today.....risk documented as 1 in 100,000!! Very happy :) just been listening to perfect HB on the doppler too!

Loving all the latest scan and bump pics!

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are due our first baby on the 22nd July (ish, lol)! I'd love to be added to the list, and if there's anyone on here from the UK who would like to be bump buddies and email back and forth/text that'd be great!

:D

Welcome !! :)
Hope you have a very happy & healthy 9 months!
I'm UK based & happy to chat :) Due with baby 6th July! :cloud9:

I'm in the uk too and would love a bump buddy!
I'm 33 and this is baby number 2!

I feel huge for 14 weeks but I guess that happens after four pregnancies. I lost #2 at 6 weeks. But my uterus is ready to get growing apparently!

Congrats and welcome to all the new bumps!!!

Love everyone's scans!

I found some bleeding today, so I'm going in for an earlier appointment on Friday. They're going to try again to hear the heartbeat (Though it's still a possibility that it's not going to be heard as my tilted uterus makes it harder) but if they don't hear it this time they're going to send me for an ultrasound. As much as I'd like to see little baby, I'd love some reassurance ASAP and hear that heartbeat!

Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words. Can we post our email addresses on here for contact, or is that best kept to PM?

I'm 22, and our (first) baby is due on the 22nd July, my birthday is the 22nd August, and 22 is my lucky number, lol. I should have known it was going to be a good year!

I'm ignoring the parking fee. They can bog off. Been doing a lot of reading online about private car parks and it seems it's not enforceable anyway.
Besides, as the tax disc on the windscreen clearly states "disabled" I can only conclude that the parking attendant is a moron.

In other news I bought a belly band, and for some (unrelated) reason my upper legs and pelvis are aching like MAD today, I can hardly walk.
Oh and I'm waddling.

alice have you noticed that you start to show or are bigger with your later pregnancies? i know your on four now just curious. I've heard you get bigger and start showing earlier if you've already had one. i don't remember when i started showing with my DD but i'm starting to pudge now

i cant wait to waddle i love the pregnant feeling and looking pregnant but becouse i have B belly shape till like 6-7 months before the D belly.

Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words. Can we post our email addresses on here for contact, or is that best kept to PM?

I'm 22, and our (first) baby is due on the 22nd July, my birthday is the 22nd August, and 22 is my lucky number, lol. I should have known it was going to be a good year!

Probably best kept to PM's, but I am happy to share mine with you, if you want to PM me. :) I'm 24 :)

22 definitely sounds like your lucky number!!

Hello everyone, hope you are all doing well.

Bout the belly bands :) I thought I had hit the reply with quote...but obviously not...sorry

over them, so you can leave them unbuttoned!!!! They also work for after baby when you are in between your maternity jeans and regular pants. I don't know if they work for that though. Didn't have them with DD and I went from a 0 to a 2 to maternity clothes with her. And then to a size 10 after (oops!!) But I'm a 6 now and my pants still fit kinda, the button is uncomfortable, and it hurts my stomach when I sit, but they button with no wiggle dancing or laying down or anything, so I went for the belly band. Hasn't slipped or anything, it's comfy! Although I do feel awkward knowing I'm walking around with my pants unbuttoned and halfway unzipped! :blush: Better that though, than be uncomfortable or wear the maternity pants, that I def don't feel big enough for yet.

Thanks for that! I think I might get one and see how I get on.

I'm not going to do the belly band as I only have 2-3 pants and I use my hair tie to help keep them closed. I do a loop through the hole and hook it on the button. Keeps them up and stops the button from digging in.

I'm happy I still fit in my pants but jealous that I don't have a bump. Go figure.

I know exactly what you mean!

I came home to a wonderful voicemail :) I had called my OB's office this morning to inquire about the first trimester screen for chromosomal abnormalities test results. I had the nuchal scan and blood smear testing. Well I had to leave a voicemail for the nurse and since I was at work till 7pm I asked on the message if they could call my home phone and leave the results for me on my voicemail if they were available. I came home to results!!!!! All came back negative!!!!! There's no indication of any abnormalities including spina bifida, downs, etc!!!!! I'm so happy!!!! We would have continued with the pregnancy anyway if there had been a positive results but I wanted to be prepared IF there had been an issue.
But I just wanted to share my WONDERFUL news!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic news! so pleased for you x x

I'm having a shit day.

I have a banging headache for a start.
Then we (DH, I and DS2) went shopping, and I parked in a disabled bay but forgot to put DH's disabled badge on the dashboard, and came back to a £57 parking fine.
Picked up the other two from school and found out that DS1's brand new jumper has disappeared - somebody has walked off with it.
And come home to find the dog chewing shoes up.

*cries*

Aww, that really sucks. As you have a disabled badge, are you able to contest the ticket? Hopefully that will save you some cash.

Please add me - I am due July 29th and its our second baby!

Congratulations & welcome :) x

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are due our first baby on the 22nd July (ish, lol)! I'd love to be added to the list, and if there's anyone on here from the UK who would like to be bump buddies and email back and forth/text that'd be great!

:D

Welcome & congratulations! Me & hubby are in the UK too, and we are due on 6 July

I'm back from my scan, all went well. Baby was very wriggley and measured exactly to my dates...13th July. :happydance:

My NT measurement was 2.2 which is 'normal' but is still higher Than I would have liked! It was 1.2 with DS1 So now I'm worried about my results :dohh:
Nothing really to worry about yet but I'm still worrying! Typical!

View attachment 545677

NT isn't all that high, so hopefully it will be fine, will keep my fingers crossed for you. When will you get the blood work back?

Hey all,

I got my DS test results back today.....risk documented as 1 in 100,000!! Very happy :) just been listening to perfect HB on the doppler too!

Loving all the latest scan and bump pics!

Great news :)

Love everyone's scans!

I found some bleeding today, so I'm going in for an earlier appointment on Friday. They're going to try again to hear the heartbeat (Though it's still a possibility that it's not going to be heard as my tilted uterus makes it harder) but if they don't hear it this time they're going to send me for an ultrasound. As much as I'd like to see little baby, I'd love some reassurance ASAP and hear that heartbeat!

Sending best wishes for Friday, hope they find everything is fine x

alice have you noticed that you start to show or are bigger with your later pregnancies? i know your on four now just curious. I've heard you get bigger and start showing earlier if you've already had one. i don't remember when i started showing with my DD but i'm starting to pudge now

earlier yes, definitely. For pregnancy 1 I didn't start showing until at least 14 weeks and then it was only a small pudge. For pregnancies 2, 3, and this one, I popped very early on.
(this was 17 weeks with DD - so not that big - I was bigger at 6 weeks this time round lol)
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/XenaGlamRocker/sun10thapril05.jpg

BUT by the second half of the pregnancies, even pregnancy 1, I have been big. By full term I was big for all of them.

This is full term for baby 1 :
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/xena_uk2000/41s.jpg

full term for baby 2 :
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/XenaGlamRocker/0011.jpg

full term for baby 3 :
7221_778309800739_2677488_n.jpg

I just cook 'em large I guess lol

I'm ignoring the parking fee. They can bog off. Been doing a lot of reading online about private car parks and it seems it's not enforceable anyway.
Besides, as the tax disc on the windscreen clearly states "disabled" I can only conclude that the parking attendant is a moron.

In other news I bought a belly band, and for some (unrelated) reason my upper legs and pelvis are aching like MAD today, I can hardly walk.
Oh and I'm waddling.

I was digging for my belly bands this morning but couldn't find them. Turns out my pants don't fit and even my yoga pants feel too tight, I can't wear anything up on the belly anymore... which actually kinda rules out the belly bands. I need to go find some pants that sit below the bump. and oh my gosh.. I'm sure I said it the first time around.. but how do you even move that big!!! My daughter seemed to grow all the way up to my boobs rather than torpedo shaped and out... that's intense lady! :D

tlh97990 - i'm definitely popping out faster this time. I think I might have to get some belly shots tonight to compare...

Sw33tp3a - what code did you use?

Oh and I got my NT results back today too! Said the risk for Trisomy 13/18 and Downs all come in at 1 in greater than 10,000 which is apparently as high as their scale goes. yahoo! :D :happydance:

Yes you definitely show much sooner after being pregnant multiple times. This is my fourth pregnancy an I just posted a pic of my 14 week belly bump yesterday. You can see how much ive popped already.

btw. Pinterest is bugging me and not showing me any neat baby stuff recently and I can't find a good keyword to bring anything up.

here's the direct link to my New Baby pinboard. https://pinterest.com/rebeccamichelle/new-baby/

I know we've shared some of pinterest accounts before but I think I missed a bunch. If you'd like to post a link to your baby board I'd like to go have a nosey!!! *Grins*

Miss bellum, I'm not sure when I get the results back. I'm guessing a few weeks but hopefully not too long.
What was your nt measurement? I'm not sure if I saw a follow up message from you but are you going for further testing? I'm not sure if I would if I get a high risk.. So much to think about!

earlier yes, definitely. For pregnancy 1 I didn't start showing until at least 14 weeks and then it was only a small pudge. For pregnancies 2, 3, and this one, I popped very early on.
(this was 17 weeks with DD - so not that big - I was bigger at 6 weeks this time round lol)
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/XenaGlamRocker/sun10thapril05.jpg

BUT by the second half of the pregnancies, even pregnancy 1, I have been big. By full term I was big for all of them.

This is full term for baby 1 :
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/xena_uk2000/41s.jpg

full term for baby 2 :
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/XenaGlamRocker/0011.jpg

full term for baby 3 :
7221_778309800739_2677488_n.jpg

I just cook 'em large I guess lol

ok my you did cook them large!! how much did your kids weigh? my daughter was 8lbs 8 oz and i gained 78lbs while pregnant. i was super swollen but my belly didn't get huge or anything

Miss bellum, I'm not sure when I get the results back. I'm guessing a few weeks but hopefully not too long.
What was your nt measurement? I'm not sure if I saw a follow up message from you but are you going for further testing? I'm not sure if I would if I get a high risk.. So much to think about!

In our area, they phone you within a week if they find you are high risk and if everything is OK, they just write to you with the outcome.

My NT was slightly higher than average at 2.40mm. My bloodwork was just over the average as well. Basically, either on their own would not have registered, it was just both together tipped me in to the higher risk group.

We thought about further testing, but decided that ultimately, no matter what the outcome, we would keep our bean. We therefore just didn't want to risk losing or harming bean, just so we could be certain. We are working on the principal that the chances are still very good that bean is fine. If bean does have DS, then the odds are still good that they will still be healthy and have just as good a life as anyone else.

It is a tough decision though, and I have lots of sympathy for anyone in the same boat. Hopefully, everthing will be just fine with your little bean, and I will keep my fingers crossed for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->