~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I'm so sorry serenity, how devastating for you and your family.

How could they get it so wrong? You can't mistake a babies heartbeat :cry: it's so much faster then anything else pulsing away in there! I don't blame your for lodging a complaint.
Thinking of you x

oh serinity i'm so so sorry :hugs:, def file a complaint, she clearly doesn't know how to do her job properly!

Donna, so glad all is ok xx

Hi Serenity- so sad to read about your loss! It must have been quite a shock! I hope they find out the reason for the mc. It is horrible not knowing!
Take care xo :(

DD had her 18 mth check up and vaccination yesterday. She isn't 18mths until tomorrow but she was already waaay off the chart for height and weight...apparently her head circumference is normal. LOL - When I told DH he was worrying saying maybe her head should be off the scale too? LOL I don't think her head is too small because half the clothes I struggle to get her head in and out of.
Speaking of heads...had a weird head ache thing yesterday...at the back. It felt like vibrations. I was concerned it was some kind of seizure or something. Not sure how else to describe it. Didn't hurt just felt weird.

I am pondering what to do today as it is so roasting hot. Need someplace cool to go to with the Little one.

So sorry to hear about your loss serenity :( I hope they find out what happened Hun! Massive hugs to you!!! Xxxx

thanks for all the kind thoughts ladies.

serenity , I'm sorry for your loss. it never ceases to amaze me how poor ob care is in places. take care of yourself

Aw I'm glad everything is ok Donna, these babies never stop worrying us do they!

I haven't got a bump yet, I still look fat :growlmad:

How are you all eating? I'm really struggling to eat healthily :blush: I'm trying to eat fruit, I love oranges but all I want is crisps and snacky foods. Argh. Must try harder!

I still can't tolerate too much. I'm stuck with English muffins, bagels, sandwiches, toast, pasta and pizza....all bread stuffs. I can't find cuties anywhere, and that was the one fruit I could eat....totally turned off by meat, corn is ok....ceasar salad is ok....and I'm really craving salty things...I've had almost no chocolate since I got my BFP, and as a choco-holic, it's very strange.

you can take my name off the july 3rd. found out yesterday at 15 weeks that baby has no heartbeat and passed away at 11weeks and 1 day. I started spoti ng monday and the np said she heard the heartbeat both monday and yesterday I had an ultrasound yesterday that found no heartbeat so no idea what she heard. she tried saying that all I had was a UTI. culture came back that its all clean and never had one. same np I seen the day after baby supposably passed away said she heard a heartbeat. so I will be filing a complaint because I don't think she heard one at last months ob appt. I am scheduled for a d&c for friday morning. my family is grieving really hard. and my son just as much as I am.. we tried for 3 years for our 4th child. this is miscarrige # 6. so we are sending baby and the other stuff for testing . please have my family in your prayers. and good luck to everyone who is expecting.

Oh Serenity, I'm so very sorry to hear this. When I was 18 weeks with my last pregnancy, we went for an amnio, and that's when we found out--on the ultrasound screen, that baby had no heartbeat, and had apparently not had one for four weeks. We had no idea and were totally devastated. Still are, really, as it only happened this summer. They sent our baby boy for testing to try and figure out what happened, but the results were inconclusive. They said that by all accounts we had a healthy baby boy, and it was just a "freak thing". I just don't want you to get your hopes up too high that they'll be able to find out what happened, but I really hope they do, because it's so hard not knowing. My heart goes out to you and your family, in this terrible, heart-wrenching time. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to vent, or cry, or just need a shoulder. Please take care:hugs:

AFM--I have had the worst insomnia all week. What the heck is going on? I have to go back to work tomorrow, and I'm dreading it. Even though it;s just for 1 day and then I have 3 off, it's so hard on me. I've been off due to the flu and then 3 weeks of vacation, so I've been gone a month. I'm that much bigger now, and running around on cement floors for 8 hours a day is not something I look forward to. *sigh* 40 more work days until my next vacation. If worst comes to worst, I can also leave at that time and go on short term until my maternity leave. I really hope my back isn't as bad this time, as it's been for each of my pregnancies....

Dove with my DD all I wanted was chips and steak...as long as I didn't have to cook it!

I have sneezes and a runny nose again today! baaagh I thought I was drawing an end to this cold!

Booked train tickets today to visit my older brother and his family. They have never met our DD, the last time we visited them I was about 6 months pregnant with her. My 5 year old Niece keeps referring to her as the little baby cousin...I think she will get a shock when she sees that she is almost as tall as her!

Serenity- I'm so very sorry you're going through another loss. I'm sending thoughts and prayers to you & your family and for you to one day be able to hold another healthy, happy baby of your own in your arms. :hugs:

Donna, I hope everything is ok!

Myra...haven't heard from you in a few days...(unless i missed it), hows bubba doing? bleeding slowed? i hope so!

afm...still fighting a cough/cold :/, been about 2wks now! hope it clears up soon!

Thanks for checking in. I really appreciate it. I've been reading but haven't been posting for some reason. Everything seems to be really good right now. For the last 4 days I haven't had any new blood- just the old brown still coming out. I keep reminding myself that the doc said this will likely be a bleeding pregnancy, so trying to prepare myself for the next time it comes and to know that it doesn't signify the worst. And at the same time, I'm so sad for those families who now have angel babies.

I returned back to work half time on Monday, and my students are being great. I told them that I had a scare about losing the baby and that the doctor said I could come back part time if I took it easy, made sure to sit etc. I've never been a teacher who just sits at her desk- esp when teaching science, you need to be up and about the room. But I explained that for a while I'd do most of the teaching from my chair. Kids are being great- reminding me to sit down when I get up and start walking around, bringing each other to task when o e starts acting up because they don't want me to get stressed or to have to get up a d deal with the situation.

I have another ultrasound Friday. Since seeing him healthy last week, its been easier to move into a more positive space. Still nervous a bit for Friday. Then I have an 18 week scan at the end of January. For now we're still going through day by day. I look forward to when we can shift our thinking over to week by week.

Serenity so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how you are feeling. Thoughts are with you and your family :hugs:

Serenity, my heart goes out to you and your family. :hugs: Loss is never easy as you are already aware but the way everything happened is just heart-wrenching. I hope you get some answers from the tests and are able to find peace in the meantime.

Myra, so happy to hear you are well! I hope Friday is just more proof of baby Connor growing well :)

As for me, not feeling the greatest. I've been very faint and nearly passed out last night. I was walking and just sort of toppled over into a doorway, I didn't fall completely as the door broke the fall. I wasn't too concerned when it happened because I was very tired and thought it was just that but I slept 10-12 hrs last night and felt the same today. I have been eating alright and drinking water but I do feel a bit yuck like a cold coming on so maybe that's it. My coworkers think I need to keep an eye on my blood pressure, I have a monitor at home so I'll do that. I don't have class or work tomorrow so I'm going to just rest up all day. I have an appt next week so I'll bring it up then unless it gets worse and I need to go in sooner.

And now it is time to rest after a late evening at work. My three kitties are all over me, they are little momma's boys lol.

Serenity I'm so sorry you found out this way, and it breaks my heart you've done this 6times! I hope they find answers for you.

myra, I was thinking about you as well. Glad you're ok.

And the other ladies with bleeding and cramps that I read though it's scary but I'm glad things are going ok for you so far. FX they continue that way

AFM, so we're 'out' with everyone in the family and work for me. It's still not sinking in, but it feels a bit more real I guess. MS has come back to haunt me for sure. Sick monday and today and Tuesday was queasy all day. How am I supposed to start gaining if I can't even eat!!! I can handle a small lunch and I over eat at supper I'm so hungry so I'm bloated and uncomfortable for bed... then don't sleep well (hello insomnia still) Then wake up and start the cycle all over again. boooooooooooooo

I've started keeping a tally of all the awkward, inappropriate things that are said to me now, I'm up to 6 since last week... this is going to be a fun game. So far the highlights are:
'you have the hips for it'.... 'you want a home birth?? but whyyyyyyy you're a smart girl, that's sooooo dangerous'... and someone poked my belly and made a 'boop' noise.

fun times!

Tsy...Wait til the little one is born and random strangers think it's okay to touch the baby, cough and sneeze on it and tell you it's a cute little boy when it's dressed in pink and obviously a girl...or vice versa! Stay strong! People can be very opinionated.

As long as people don't touch my tummy I'm happy! That's something for just me and hubby and Sophie. I think when I was pregnant with Sophie, the only other person who touched my tummy was my mum!

Just because we're pregnant doesn't make us public property!

I actually have no problem with people touching my tummy! I would always ask before touching someone else's (I'm talking about friends not strangers!) I do hate it when they touch my babies though!! With DS it was easy because it was being investigated for immunology problems I just said they couldn't touch him because of that!

I don't think I've ever had anyone just randomly touching Sophie, apart from family and people at our playgroup in the Children's Centre after they got to know her.

It took me a good few months before I was personally comfortable picking up/holding my friends baby! Now know her for about 14 months, so it's easy now. But I always feel I'm overstepping a boundary if I were to just touch other people's baby!

Serenity - so sorry for your loss.

Hope everyone is ok.

Went for my scan today, they have put me a head by 1 day so I am now due 24th July! Baby was jumping around. I forgot what a scan looks like! :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->