~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

how far away is your hospital? ours is about an hour away. more like an hour and a half in traffic. i work in the same building as the hospital im delivering at so im kind of hoping i go into labor at work so i'll already be here and OH can just meet me here!

I also worry I might not be so lucky with my second birth! I was only at the hospital about 3 hours with jack before i had him. That's also my other worry that we won't make it! We're about an hour away too and second labours are usually quicker! Maybe I will have a McDonalds drive through baby!

with my DD i started feeling contractions at 7 in the morning but went to work anyway. I got off work at 3 ate an entire pizza because i was starving then called my doctor. they told me to go to the hospital to see if i was in active labor. When i arrived at the hospital about 6:00 pm they hooked me up to the machine to measure contractions and checked my cervix which then caused my bloody show so they admitted me at 6:30pm. At 8pm my doctor came in and broke water to help get labor moving faster. By 9pm i was begging for an epidural but the only anestisologist there was stuck in an elective surgery so i had to wait. I got my epidural at about 11pm finally and slept for an hour. I think i started pushing at like 1am and my daughter was born 1:58 in the morning. I pushed for a really long time because i was terrified of pooping so i didn't push very hard :haha:

Oh golly - SO SMART to eat an entire pizza first! *grins* I was STARVING. I wound up going almost 36 hours without any food!

Our hospital is 29 minutes (by maps.google) but it's down the prime rush hour route. If I go into labour in the middle of the night we're aces and could probably make it in 20 booking, but if it's near rush hour it could be closer to an hour... I think if it's rush hour I might just need to call an ambulance! lol ((although that would cost a bloody fortune!!!))

kaths - I actually know a girl who gave birth in her car last year!! thankfully her sister-in-law and husband were with her and the SIL was a nurse... or a doula... or something with baby experience! lol I can't remember.

I really hope I have a different labor cause mine was horrible, long and painful with DD. My sister had perfect pregnancies and quick births with both her girls. Her first labor was 3 and a half hours and she thought she needed to do a poop so the midwife sent her off to the toilet assuming she would be in labor for at least 10 hours...she came back from toilet saying it still felt like she needed a poop and the midwife said she would take a look at her and lo and behold her babies head was crowning. The second baby they were prepping her for a home birth in the case she didn't make it to hospital. She had had bad braxton hicks the week before and leading up to it and so had already had 2 false alarm trips to hospital. Her entire labor was an hour and a half...she tore real bad though cause it was so quick.

Yes I'm so worried about it, I think I'm going to leave at first sign of labour :haha:
I guess they can all be different, I keep thinking I will have a really fast labour but knowing me it will a marathon one.

Libbysmum hope you have a better time next time :hugs: did your sister make it to the hospital?

with my DD i started feeling contractions at 7 in the morning but went to work anyway. I got off work at 3 ate an entire pizza because i was starving then called my doctor. they told me to go to the hospital to see if i was in active labor. When i arrived at the hospital about 6:00 pm they hooked me up to the machine to measure contractions and checked my cervix which then caused my bloody show so they admitted me at 6:30pm. At 8pm my doctor came in and broke water to help get labor moving faster. By 9pm i was begging for an epidural but the only anestisologist there was stuck in an elective surgery so i had to wait. I got my epidural at about 11pm finally and slept for an hour. I think i started pushing at like 1am and my daughter was born 1:58 in the morning. I pushed for a really long time because i was terrified of pooping so i didn't push very hard :haha:

Oh golly - SO SMART to eat an entire pizza first! *grins* I was STARVING. I wound up going almost 36 hours without any food!

Our hospital is 29 minutes (by maps.google) but it's down the prime rush hour route. If I go into labour in the middle of the night we're aces and could probably make it in 20 booking, but if it's near rush hour it could be closer to an hour... I think if it's rush hour I might just need to call an ambulance! lol ((although that would cost a bloody fortune!!!))

kaths - I actually know a girl who gave birth in her car last year!! thankfully her sister-in-law and husband were with her and the SIL was a nurse... or a doula... or something with baby experience! lol I can't remember.

It was very smart because i didnt realize they didnt let you eat and i had her in the middle of the night so i had to wait until like 730 the next morning to finally eat. but since i ate the whole pizza i was terrified of pooping during labor!

My midwife actually told me to push like I was pooping!! It was horrific. I'm sure I must have pooped. :shy: I think my pushing wasn't as good as it should have been because I was terrified of pooping. But now that I've talked to so many labour and delivery nurses, I know that it's almost unusual if you DON'T poop. So I should stop being so paranoid and just push this time! Poop be damned!

I know I pooped in my second labour. I kept apologising! I don't think I did in my first and third, and DH doesn't think I did either, though I guess it's not something I can be sure about completely.

haha i'm going to be the same this time. I was just terrified because my OH said he'd put it on facebook if i pooped! i was really worried because right after i pushed her out the nurse was like " oh look at all the poop" and i was like what me? and she said it was the baby so all was well :haha:

I'm sure I smelled something, but everyone was very discreet! *LOL* I'm still trying to repress it!!

ive heard they are very discreet and quick to clean you that you don't even know what happened!

I didn't end up popping because I spent the entire first hour of my labor contracting every five mins, sitting on the toilet and havin my "clean out" it was terrible. My labor was only 9 hours long and I actually got to 10 cm dialated in 7 hours but had to wait an hour at 10 because she was up so high still they wanted me to labor her down more and then spent an hour pushing. I had small tear on the inside from where dd came out with her hands over her face but other than that all was well. My epidural was perfect I could still feel my contractions but with no pain. I had my nurses and family cracking up because I hadn't eaten and in the middle of pushing I just blurt out the fact that I am dying for a blue slushie :haha:

haha these stories are freaking me out! first timer here! I'm scared after hearing about episiotomies and tears and stitches. is it bad i want a c section?!

haha these stories are freaking me out! first timer here! I'm scared after hearing about episiotomies and tears and stitches. is it bad i want a c section?!

episiotomies might not be pleasant but the recovery time is so much better than a c-section and you can pick up your baby straight away. Getting the baby out might be quicker with a c-section but the next couple of weeks are harder. (so I've heard - I have no personal experience with a c-sec)

I'm with you Donna- this is my first and the stories are making me a bit nervous! I'm planning on a vaginal birth and hope that will be possible...and hope that all goes as smoothly as possible.

I'm with you Donna- this is my first and the stories are making me a bit nervous! I'm planning on a vaginal birth and hope that will be possible...and hope that all goes as smoothly as possible.

You guys will do great!!! The key is to relax as much as possible. It's an evolutionary thing. If you were to go into labour in the jungle and saw a tiger you'd be scared and panic. Your body would do what it could to slow down labour to give you time to get away from the perceived danger. Relax and your body will understand it's okay to go ahead and get the show moving. Yoga breathing helped sooo much! I use it all the time now if I think something is going to hurt!

Sometimes I feel nervous about labor but it is mostly me worried that for some reason my husband won't make it in time. I really have no reason to think this will happen, we live in a fairly small town and if he is at work the drive to the hospital would be under 15 minutes. I am just crazy :haha: Anyway, as long as he is right there I won't be scared, he has the most amazing calming effect on me :)

16 week appt went well. But I'm now to start taking anti-depressant/anti-anxiety meds.
Anatomy ultrasound scheduled for Feb 9th at 1 pm, and we won't be staying team yellow if we have the option of finding out the gender!

16 week appt went well. But I'm now to start taking anti-depressant/anti-anxiety meds.
Anatomy ultrasound scheduled for Feb 9th at 1 pm, and we won't be staying team yellow if we have the option of finding out the gender!

We're finding out the gender on the 9th also! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->