~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Hey Donna,
C-sections take a while to heal where a tear may only take a couple of weeks to heal...you can discuss pain relief with your midwife or doctor. If your ideal birth plan doesn't go to plan just remember the main thing is to have a healthy baby at the end and the midwives and doctors will try to ensure that your safe and the baby is safe...I was really disappointed I couldn't have a natural birth with my DD but it was for the best for both of us.

Breadsticks~ that's awesome, I can't wait for both of us to find out! 22 days and counting, it already feels so far away!

For the first timers who are scared ... Don't be. As above try and relax and go with the flow. Yes it's painful but I actually enjoyed my labour and my little man was out in no time so it's not always bad. What will be will be and it obviously isn't too bad as many of us are coming round to do it for a second time :happydance:

I say just be prepared, I had a tens machine that was brilliant, have music, lots of different drinks to sip. I loved lucozade.. Usually hate the stuff! And try and enjoy it. Also ask your OH to take a little video clip after birth. Mine did this (without me asking) its only about 15 seconds but sooo precious as at the time I couldn't remember Some things ..I think I had too many sucks on the gas and air :haha:
A hour after birth I felt completely fine eating a cheese jacket potato snuggling my new baby :cloud9:

haha these stories are freaking me out! first timer here! I'm scared after hearing about episiotomies and tears and stitches. is it bad i want a c section?!

you dont want a c-section. i didnt have a choice and now dont have a choice with this baby and i would give anything to experience giving birth naturally :cry: the pain afterwards was horrible because it is major surgery! 6 weeks i couldnt bend or lift anything heavy or even dry my self after having a shower, and i couldnt drive for 6 weeks.

I 2nd what all of the csection girls say. My scar also didn't fully close in one spot so I bled out of my incision site for weeks. At one point in time I was changing my pad I had to wear at the top of my underwear every 2 hours it was coming out so fast. I also missed my DDs newborn photoshoot (we didn't get it done all together) because as we were heading out the door my incision started to gush and we had to go to the ER instead. Then she was gonna be too old to reschedule. I'm really hoping for a natural birth this time.

I actually enjoyed my birth! ok the final few hours weren't quite so fun, he was back to back so took a hell of a lot of pushing out (well over 2hours), and i did tear quite badly, BUT once I was holding him I really didn't care! the feeling after is amazing :D. Can't wait to do it all over again! xx

I really enjoyed my first birth too that's why I'm scared my second wont be as amazing :dohh: crazy I know. Honestly by the time I got to 39 weeks I was no longer scared of labor I was ready to get my baby out and had no fear what so ever. You truly do forget everything once you have that perfect bundle of joy in your arms :)

Agree with Maratobe- 6 weeks I couldn't drive cause of insurance mainly because it is counted as abdomen surgery. I couldn't get out of bed even to change DD's nappy as I was so high on the morphine and my blood platelet levels were so low I couldn't focus on anything visitors who came to see me were saying. DH had to do DD's first bath etc cause I wasn't strong enough to...but in saying all that, my c-section had complications because of my anterior placenta and they accidentally cut into it causing a major bleed. So it wasn't ideal.

i am actually looking forward to the birth, i am curious about whether i can do it with just gas and air. I might not look forward to it the closer it gets! lol:shrug:

I found baby's heartbeat quite quickly today with doppler, and am fairly sure that im feeling it move every now and then.

Decided today that i am going to book a 3d scan after my 20 week scan, so that i can take my mum and step dad, thay are very excited about thier 1st grandchild and a little bit miffed that i wont let them to my routine scans. Thought that would be a nice treat for them.

I'm planning a homebirth so I will hopefully just breath my baby out in the pool I'll be setting up in the lounge.

I am really really looking forward to giving birth - and hoping it will be a very positive and enjoyable experience.

Positive mind should help a lot! Negativity wouldn't help me at all, I'd tense up and cause unecessary complications.

All that being said - totally willing to transfer if anything arises out of my control, or I do decide half way that I am attempting to be a hero when I really am not! lol

Okay tried to use the same shirt and similar pants for comparability...

First picture is me in 2009, 16 weeks with Jessa
bump%252016.jpg

Second picture was last night, 16 weeks with the new baby
week%252016.jpg.jpg

We're definitely going to need to work on lighting a bit! Had to cut off my head because the shadows made it look atrocious. Looks like my boobs and posture were both happier the first time around lol.

For all the ladies getting concerned about giving birth, like others have said...just relax! It's still a ways away! I was induced with my son due to my blood pressure. The doc said OK tomorrow is the day! You can't eat anything after midnight and be in to the hospital at 6am. So I was...and I was starving already. They started me on the pitocine after they got me booked in and from there the doc came in at 8:45 to break my water. Labor progressed a little bit but I wasn't having a ton of contractions. They kept upping the dose of pitocine but my body wasn't progressing too much. They did end up giving me the epidural at which point my body stopped progressing period. At about 9pm they told me if I haven't gone any further in an hour, they were going to do a c-section. They finally turned the pitocine down and my body finally started kicking in and sure enough I started pushing around 10pm? The doc went ahead and gave me an episiotomy even though I never asked for it and he didn't tell me he did it. I found out later on the next day when I had to go to the restroom and the nurse told me how to care for it. Right after he did the episiotomy my DS was born. I would have tore if he hadn't given it to me which I'm glad that he did. I just wish he would have told me. But my DS was born at 10:22pm.

I remember a fog being in the room. It was so cloudy. Turned out of course that I was just really tired and extremely hungry!! It had been over 28 hours since I had eaten anything! Also, I was informed that I had pooped while pushing. But no one had told me until my son's dad said something to me about it. My mom never mentioned it, the nurses never did either. DS's dad said they were very discreet about it and basically as soon as it happened they wiped it away. They say it happens so often because you push the baby out with the same muscles you use to push when you go poop. So this is very normal!

Sue, I think it is wonderful that you have that option...are you close by a hospital in case of an emergency? The hospital closest to us is about 15km away- Right by the city and horrendously costly parking! The hospital we had our DD in is 17km away and the parking was free! We would go there again but apparently they changed the catchment zones so I miss out by 2km...even though we haven't moved house...it's ridiculous. I like the hospital we had her in as you got your own room but I may or may not have that option at this other hospital. I don't know if they do water births there either. Mostly only the private hospitals offer it not the public ones.

If I needed to transfer I would have an ambulance with blue lights do I'd be at the hospital in 20 minutes. Normal speed in car would be about 35/40mins.

Been reassured this transfer time isn't too bad in comparison with the length of time it takes to prep for an emergency.

thought i would share a bump picture, im relly self conscious because i hadnt lost the weight since having grace but here is my 16 week compared to 11 weeks :)
https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/mara07_photos/11-16.jpg

sue, we're aiming for another home birth too :D. Got told the same about transfer times. If it was that much of an emergancy (very rare), they'd call ahead and theatre would be prepared whilst you transferred in, whereas in hospital you'd just wait while there. Generally though emergancies are still fairly lengthy situations so plenty of time to get in!

omg i fell over in the snow this morning, twice. My bum is really hurting and i've pain radiating up my left side and into my neck :dohh:, hope it settles soon!

sue, we're aiming for another home birth too :D. Got told the same about transfer times. If it was that much of an emergancy (very rare), they'd call ahead and theatre would be prepared whilst you transferred in, whereas in hospital you'd just wait while there. Generally though emergancies are still fairly lengthy situations so plenty of time to get in!

omg i fell over in the snow this morning, twice. My bum is really hurting and i've pain radiating up my left side and into my neck :dohh:, hope it settles soon!

That's great! I didn't realise youd had a HB with your son but now I see it in your sig! Hope we get our wish! :)

Sorry you fell, twice!!!
I went out for a walk yesterday and today in my wellies luckily I managed to stay upright, only a few slips! Hope you feel better soon! X

cheers hun, i hope we both get our wish too!

one fall my legs just literally went from under me, no idea how i went down or why! must have just hit an icy patch i guess, thats the fall that did the damage i think. and the 2nd one my darling husband threw a snowball at me so i was getting my own back and went down :/, the meany asked if i was ok then before getting an answer lobbed another snowball right at my face!! so i told him to stay still cos i was pregnant with his child and got my own back ;)

:haha: I fell while I was in MA. My hand went through all 6 inches of snow, down to the sidewalk and i ripped a flap of skin off my left hand right at the bottom of my thumb. It's actually quite bruised too and if I open my hand all the way it pops the scab apart.

THe most advise I can give to first time moms is to research everything. Even if you in no way think you would end up with a csection I recommend reading about it just in case. I was hoping for a natural birth and I'm so happy I had at least read about what happens in a c section, and although I am pretty sure I had some PTSD (panic attacks in the hospital and horrible anxiety surrounding my birth) I think it helped me to cope and to understand what was going on when I decided to give in. I woke from GA to have the recovery nurse tell me that there was no way she would have been born vaginally as her cord was around her neck and wouldn't let her drop and she was tryin to come out forehead first.

ALso GREAT BUMP MARA!

don't stress out about tearing. i had a 2nd degree tear because i pushed too hard and fast after her head was out and her shoulder made me tear. i didn't even feel it and wouldnt have known if the doctor didnt tell me. i was holding my baby the entire time he stitched me up too so i didn't feel that either. i was a little uncomfortable when i first got up to start walking but it wasnt terrible at all! and i was terrified!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->