~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Alice, I don't see a problem with it, if you want to go then go. You know how safe you are and it sounds fine if you're not going to get squashed or bumped. You are still allowed to have some fun when you're pregnant afterall! OH are i are eating out quite a bit more at the moment as we know we won't be able to after the baby is born, well for about a year! I say go! :thumbup:

alice i'd say go for it too! clubs aren't my cup of tea at all but i don't let pregnancy stop anything that's not actually dangerous for me or bubs xx

I would go Alice!

I'm getting a cold :( I'm all stuffy and to top it off I have class tonight and my first test in my nursing class coming up on Tuesday :( lovely timing

so freaking happy right now.... just got the call from my doc. he said i passed and had great numbers on my glucose test screening. :) woop woop. still have to go again next trimester possibly but he was so ecstatic for me.

yay! thats exciting!!! i'm dreading the glucose test just because that drink is terrible and i feel like it is very rude to tell a pregnant girl she cant eat!

Hi everyone!!

Sorry I haven't been around, I haven't been well plus I've been trying to get my car sorted since the guy ran into the side of it AND I've been having a lot of lower back pain... The GP has referred me to the physio in the hope that it will help.

How is everyone else, have I missed anything??

Alice - go! doesn't sound bad at all. The only time I've ever looked at a preggo weird out like that was when she was sipping her smirnoff ice through a straw, the bottle was perched on her definitely pregnant belly. I was gobsmacked. She had to be at least 7 or 8 months. Besides - it'll be nice for OH to go out and blow of stuff steam, he gets major props for going in for the vasectomy!! :)

on another note - I'm kinda nervous. I definitely felt baby movement a couple weeks ago. Only once a day but for at least 2 days and now I don't THINK I've felt anything since. I really don't remember what it was like the first time around... I know I felt her early but my journals don't say whether I continued to feel her. At first I wasn't worried because it's early yet, but then my hubby asked if I'd been feeling anything else and I had to say no, and then he got concerned... hence now I'M concerned. Do you think baby was just in a particularly good postion before and I'll feel it again soon?

becca its still such early days hun i'm sure its normal to not feel baby for a few days. My midwife said they actually don't get concerned until your 24wks if you don't feel regular movement! could easily be your missing it as busy and that baby was in a better position a few days ago. Having said that if you continue to worry can you give your midwife a quick ring for reassurance? :hugs:

aaisrie, sorry you're still sick :(. Hope they sort out your car and physio helps your back! xx

Yea Becca it's still really early. I felt movement a few weeks ago but nothing for the last week or so. It's totally normal.

Thanks guys. That's mostly how I felt but then after Mark mentioned that it worried him of course I got started!

Hey Junemomma I have a corolla too! I am thinking we will keep the infant car seat for the new baby and get the DD a booster convertable seat that should do her til she is 7-8 years... I highly doubt it cause of her size but that is what all the seats state in the stores here. The laws here say they need to be in a booster seat as long as humanly possible because it's "safer" for the child but the seat she currently has is suppose to be from birth -4yrs and she barely fits in it. There is no way it will last her until age 4!
Dug out some more maternity clothes from the bottom of my cupboards as my other clothes are getting a bit tight...Must stay on top of the laundry so I don't run out of things that fit!
Alice- if you want to go dancing that is actually good exercise. I would just be wary of the more aggressive dancers that may be out in the clubs. I am thinking of looking into aqua pregnancy classes...I hear they are really good for back pains etc. There is a place down the road a bit that costs $40 for two weeks. That seems pretty high for two weeks but it would be the most convenient.

Hey Junemomma I have a corolla too! I am thinking we will keep the infant car seat for the new baby and get the DD a booster convertable seat that should do her til she is 7-8 years... I highly doubt it cause of her size but that is what all the seats state in the stores here. The laws here say they need to be in a booster seat as long as humanly possible because it's "safer" for the child but the seat she currently has is suppose to be from birth -4yrs and she barely fits in it. There is no way it will last her until age 4!
Dug out some more maternity clothes from the bottom of my cupboards as my other clothes are getting a bit tight...Must stay on top of the laundry so I don't run out of things that fit!
Alice- if you want to go dancing that is actually good exercise. I would just be wary of the more aggressive dancers that may be out in the clubs. I am thinking of looking into aqua pregnancy classes...I hear they are really good for back pains etc. There is a place down the road a bit that costs $40 for two weeks. That seems pretty high for two weeks but it would be the most convenient.

Yeah that's what we're doing. We are getting one of the high back booster seats for Connor cuz he'll be 4 in may. We are still keeping my corolla because it's paid off. We're trading in DH's car because there's still a loan on it, although it would've been paid off in 13 months. His is a two-door Honda accord. Definitely not going to work. But we are saving on buying a new travel system because we still have Connor's old travel system from when he was a baby and it's a unisex pattern. They are so expensive and we'll be saving about $200 or so by reusing his.

I'm also excited we don't have to buy a bassinet because we kept Connors. It's a basic pattern with cream colors and little zoo animals that hang on the overhang thing. Thats another $200-300 we're saving. But we do need another crib and dresser because Connors set grows with him and he'll be keeping his. I don't really have anything from when Savannah was a baby, simply cuz she's 9 and a lot of her stuff I kept were just sentimental.
Does anyone else have a lot to buy?

all i need to buy is a swing with an ac adapter otherwise everything big we have is gender neutral. If its a boy we'll need a lot of clothes because with my daughter most of family didn't think to buy her practical clothing (they still dont) so everything has a tutu on it! it drives me crazy because a 1 year old is not going to wear anything with a tutu on it for anything more than a picture before she rips it off! so we'll see when we find out gender how much we'll really need.
my hubby needs to get a seat for our DD for his truck. i had bought a convertible carseat that grows with her until shes like 7 as well but he still uses her infant carseat because she still is in the weight requirements. but that carseat will be used for the baby since its gender neutral so he'll need to get a big girl carseat for my daughter

I say go for it alice!

I had my nt scan today and all looks good. I'm 13w2d and they said I'm measuring 14w. I know my dates and my 6w1d scan was right on so I'm keeping the dd of july 29. She took a gender sneak and said that she couldn't tell for sure because she couldn't see either boy bits or girl parts. But since e couldn't see boy bits she said she was leaning girl. DH and I were hoping for a boy. Still very happy baby is healthy but this is likely my last pregnancy and thought one of each would be nice.

DH got a job. He starts Friday with orientation

I say go for it alice!

I had my nt scan today and all looks good. I'm 13w2d and they said I'm measuring 14w. I know my dates and my 6w1d scan was right on so I'm keeping the dd of july 29. She took a gender sneak and said that she couldn't tell for sure because she couldn't see either boy bits or girl parts. But since e couldn't see boy bits she said she was leaning girl. DH and I were hoping for a boy. Still very happy baby is healthy but this is likely my last pregnancy and thought one of each would be nice.

DH got a job. He starts Friday with orientation

WE GOT APPROVED FOR THE HOUSE!!!!! I'm so excited!!! We got a late email from the property manager a little while ago!!! YAY!!!!!

I think I'm finally feeling baby move! I think I first felt him a few weeks ago and haven't felt anything in a while. Then I felt him yesterday morning and again in the eve. Just now I've been feeling him again. Those of you who are feeling your LO move (or have been pregnant before) did you notice any correlation between increased movement and when you're hungry?

Hey Myra! I've been feeling movement for just over a week... The movements are getting stronger and I notice them most in the evenings when I am sitting and in the early morning before I get out of bed. I've not noticed extra movements when I'm hungry though. :happydance:

We are still looking at houses...Was suppose to look this afternoon at one but DH has the car. Congrats on getting approved! That is wonderful!
And Miss Fox- great news about DH's new job! Hopefully will enjoy it- My DH keeps saying he wants to quit his...ugh so sad when our men are not happy~ I been trying to be supportive but I am nervous about if he actually quit where we would stand financially!

yay! thats exciting!!! i'm dreading the glucose test just because that drink is terrible and i feel like it is very rude to tell a pregnant girl she cant eat!

i so get that. the doc said that its very rare to have a great numbers on the glucose when i had gestational diabetes with my two pregnancies before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->