~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Great to see some little princesses showing up in the crowd! All the best Sue and Abigail! How lovely for you both! Just waking up here...6.20am and DD has been up for about an hour already. Told DH that he may need to step up with the parenting thing and start getting her breakfast at least a couple of mornings a week and putting her to bed some nights for me. He didn't exactly sound excited by the idea. I tried to explain that it would be good daddy daughter time and he just saw it as work...sigh. Hate feeling like a single parent!

I have made OH do these. I need some more sleep now, but he can't seem to get his head round that and keeps telling me I sleep too much!

Yeah, it isn't like I was asking a whole lot. So hard to find the energy! I really don't know how things are going to pan out in July when the baby arrives. I know he works hard but it isn't as though he doesn't get "down" time to do things he wants.

We are having a little boy! Super excited to have one of each!

congrats!!!

Chalk another up for team BLUE!!!!! Had our u/s today, and he's perfect! So excited to be able to start buying and making things for our Little Man! :):):)

congrats on your little man!!

congrats on team blue ladies!!

hope all goes well at your scan today sue!

afm, omg i feel terrible :(, just a head cold but DS seems to be playing up even worse than usual and of course my DH has now got the start of it but of course he's got the man flu variety :dohh:, i've told him to go buy some decent drugs as at least he can take them!

men are the worst when it comes to being sick!!! my hubby acts like death is knocking on the door if he has the sniffles its ridiculous! :haha:

Congrats to the new team blue ladies :)

Good luck to those of you with upcoming scans!

Afm dd is driving me bonkers this morning. Getting in to absolutely everything she knows she's not supposed to and just running around like a wild child. My sciatica has been acting up really bad and I'm having a hard time keeping up with her between the pain in my hips,pelvis and shooting down my legs. Oh the joys of being pregnant with a toddler :haha:

them little ones are good at being obnoxious on days when you don't want to move! my daughter is the same way..she is a very good kid and always has been but shes more active on days that i am sore or feel sick

Got one to help out the pink team - we're having a girl!

yay for another girl being on the list!!!

is there a way to have the current numbers in the title of the thread? i dont like searching for the temporary list every day

afm i had a fun filled day of shopping alone today which is very rare. i was able to get new tennis shoes and they are super comfortable!! we are gettin a new treadmill this week so i needed a good pair of shoes! i also found a swing and a double stroller i want to get it. im not sure if i should register for this baby or not since its not my first i dont know if we'll have a baby shower!

Thanks for all the congrats and congrats to everyone and their little boys and girls! So exciting that we're all this far along already! Good luck to everyone with scans coming up as well, we need some more girlies to even things up! :)

Abigail...I love the names you picked for your sweet girl. I am fortunate enough to have a sister who is called Olivia. :)
We have a few boy names picked out but not really taken with any of them...
Owen, Joel, William, Jonah, Levi, Henry, Amos, Asher, John, Thomas, Blake or Xavier...
Probably end up picking something completely different but at least we have started a list!

Abigail...I love the names you picked for your sweet girl. I am fortunate enough to have a sister who is called Olivia. :)
We have a few boy names picked out but not really taken with any of them...
Owen, Joel, William, Jonah, Levi, Henry, Amos, Asher, John, Thomas, Blake or Xavier...
Probably end up picking something completely different but at least we have started a list!

I love love love both Levi and Jonah! Awesome names :)

Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing well. Congrats on all the new pink/blue bumps x x

Only 1 day to go now till we have our scan, cant wait! I am gong to my first aqua yoga class today so hopefully it will be fun.

afm, omg i feel terrible :(, just a head cold but DS seems to be playing up even worse than usual and of course my DH has now got the start of it but of course he's got the man flu variety :dohh:, i've told him to go buy some decent drugs as at least he can take them!

There seem to be a lot of colds/bugs going round at the moment. Hope you and all your family are better soon :hugs:

Afm dd is driving me bonkers this morning. Getting in to absolutely everything she knows she's not supposed to and just running around like a wild child. My sciatica has been acting up really bad and I'm having a hard time keeping up with her between the pain in my hips,pelvis and shooting down my legs. Oh the joys of being pregnant with a toddler :haha:

Oh dear, sounds like a handful! Hope she calms down soon and your pain eases off x x

Glad to see you are back Aaisrie! I hope you continue to feel better!

Junemomma, sorry I am not much for replying. I usually don't have a lot of time so I read and run! :blush:

I'm excited to see all the :pink: and :blue: bumps! Right now it looks like the boys are in the lead, but there's still plenty of time for the girls to pull ahead. Congratulations to everyone who has found out what they are having. :thumbup: The OH and I are determined to stay team :yellow:! Some days it's easier than others because I have to say: "The baby" or "The little monkey" since I can't say he or she. :dohh:

Good luck to everyone with upcoming scans! My 20 week scan, which will actually be at 21 weeks, is on Monday! This will be the first time I've seen baby since 6w4d... I'm so excited to see an actual baby, and not something that looks like a Swedish Fish gummy! :haha:

In awesome news: I've been feeling a lot of movement from baby- mostly in the evenings, and the night before last I could feel a couple kicks from the outside... About 4 in the same place! I grabbed my DHs hand for the 3rd one and he could feel too! :cloud9: What a happy Valentine's present!

In not-so-aweome news: I still have the tiniest bump ever! It's not even worth photographing! I know soon enough I will miss being able to reach my feet, but now I just want people to be able to tell I'm growing life, not that I ate an extra helping at lunch! :shrug: Also, for the first time, today I sneezed and tinkled! it's all downhill from here folks! :wacko:

Lots of luck to everybody and I will continue to follow you on the threads! :flower:

My scan is Monday too, really looking forward it. Great to hear you have been feeling a lot of movement. My bean seems to be either very lazy or shy, and is keeping him/herself hidden most of the time!

I'm sure your bump will pop soon. I spent ages saying there was no bump, and then it just appeared in a few days! x x

Congrats on your little girl, lovely name too :) x x

Great to see some little princesses showing up in the crowd! All the best Sue and Abigail! How lovely for you both! Just waking up here...6.20am and DD has been up for about an hour already. Told DH that he may need to step up with the parenting thing and start getting her breakfast at least a couple of mornings a week and putting her to bed some nights for me. He didn't exactly sound excited by the idea. I tried to explain that it would be good daddy daughter time and he just saw it as work...sigh. Hate feeling like a single parent!

How annoying! Maybe he will be more enthusiastic once he starts doing it, as you say, it will be good daddy/daughter time.

afm i had a fun filled day of shopping alone today which is very rare. i was able to get new tennis shoes and they are super comfortable!! we are gettin a new treadmill this week so i needed a good pair of shoes! i also found a swing and a double stroller i want to get it. im not sure if i should register for this baby or not since its not my first i dont know if we'll have a baby shower!

Sounds like a good day glad you got what you needed. Not too sure about how baby showers work, but it cant hurt set up a register. If nothing else, it will keep a list of what you want to get

is there a way to have the current numbers in the title of the thread? i dont like searching for the temporary list every day

Only the owner of post #1 can change the thread title, and Eve has been under the weather lately. Hopefully she'll be well soon. Currently we're at 14 blue : 9 pink.

Anyone else team yellow here? We had our scan Friday but my DH sooo wanted a surprise. I almost asked the tech after my husband left but restrained myself (kept thinking about the birth!!!) now I'm feeling more excited about it- but it was hard when they told us they knew!!!

So we tried shopping for girl clothes yesterday....haha! That is way more difficult than anticipated. We ended up buying some "boy" onesies, they are red and grey and have some guitars on them lol. E did but some yellow/grey outfits as well, but goodness buying for a girl after three boys AND when you are not into girlie things/playing dress up is hard!

I also prefer the sayings on boy shirts over girl shirts. Like moms little helper etc. the girl ones seem so stereotypical, like I like girls night or I love shopping with mommy, and well I dislike both of those so that makes no sense. I want like a mommys little helper in girlish colors!

Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing well. Congrats on all the new pink/blue bumps x x

Only 1 day to go now till we have our scan, cant wait! I am gong to my first aqua yoga class today so hopefully it will be fun.

There seem to be a lot of colds/bugs going round at the moment. Hope you and all your family are better soon :hugs:

Oh dear, sounds like a handful! Hope she calms down soon and your pain eases off x x

Glad to see you are back Aaisrie! I hope you continue to feel better!

Junemomma, sorry I am not much for replying. I usually don't have a lot of time so I read and run! :blush:

I'm excited to see all the :pink: and :blue: bumps! Right now it looks like the boys are in the lead, but there's still plenty of time for the girls to pull ahead. Congratulations to everyone who has found out what they are having. :thumbup: The OH and I are determined to stay team :yellow:! Some days it's easier than others because I have to say: "The baby" or "The little monkey" since I can't say he or she. :dohh:

Good luck to everyone with upcoming scans! My 20 week scan, which will actually be at 21 weeks, is on Monday! This will be the first time I've seen baby since 6w4d... I'm so excited to see an actual baby, and not something that looks like a Swedish Fish gummy! :haha:

In awesome news: I've been feeling a lot of movement from baby- mostly in the evenings, and the night before last I could feel a couple kicks from the outside... About 4 in the same place! I grabbed my DHs hand for the 3rd one and he could feel too! :cloud9: What a happy Valentine's present!

In not-so-aweome news: I still have the tiniest bump ever! It's not even worth photographing! I know soon enough I will miss being able to reach my feet, but now I just want people to be able to tell I'm growing life, not that I ate an extra helping at lunch! :shrug: Also, for the first time, today I sneezed and tinkled! it's all downhill from here folks! :wacko:

Lots of luck to everybody and I will continue to follow you on the threads! :flower:

My scan is Monday too, really looking forward it. Great to hear you have been feeling a lot of movement. My bean seems to be either very lazy or shy, and is keeping him/herself hidden most of the time!

I'm sure your bump will pop soon. I spent ages saying there was no bump, and then it just appeared in a few days! x x

Congrats on your little girl, lovely name too :) x x

How annoying! Maybe he will be more enthusiastic once he starts doing it, as you say, it will be good daddy/daughter time.

Sounds like a good day glad you got what you needed. Not too sure about how baby showers work, but it cant hurt set up a register. If nothing else, it will keep a list of what you want to get

thanks i started a registry at a couple places last night just to keep track of what i want still. also i think they have deals where you can buy the things on your registry at a discounted price if no one else bought them at a certain point. nothing like a deal!!

Only the owner of post #1 can change the thread title, and Eve has been under the weather lately. Hopefully she'll be well soon. Currently we're at 14 blue : 9 pink.

oh ok thanks!! thats crazy that boys are ahead by that many usually they're pretty neck and neck!

Libby- I feel ya there. Last tine my dh got up with DD it lasted 10 minutes. She wouldn't stop cryingbso he got frustrated and let her climb all over me. Hehelps sometimes after I get off work... but I also have the only steady job and do 85% of the household chores. He does end up making more $ than I do in a year its just within 5-6 months.

Congrats on all the pink and blues!!! I have been reading but not responding because I haven't had the time on my phone.

Oneandtwo- you didn't find any "cute like mommy" or "daddy's little girl" they are all very stereotypical but some worse than others. If this one is a boy and you lived closer I could give you lots of cute girl clothes. I've got tons with no sayings just great patterns. (Though ad we speak my DD is wearing blue boy sweatpants. Nothing wrong with the cute boy clothes too)

My DD this morning is watching little mermaid and playing with her little people mermaid toy. She keeps asking where princess Eric is because I can't find him. She was convinced he was in one of the screw holes on the bottom of the chariot. She kept saying Uhohh!! Eric princess!! Gone!! Eric princess!! Too cute!

Miss Fox...yeah I know it is so frustrating. I am glad I am not working FT! You must be exhausted! I feel terrible if the dishes are not done or the table is sticky with crumbs...but the toys on the floor don't bother me as much as it isn't "dirt" just "mess" if you know what I mean.
I hope you find Eric soon. Had to laugh today as DD was in the living room with DH and came up to me with her sippy cup saying "cheers" I said to go ask Daddy for water...so she ran off down the hall and I am yelling from the bedroom to DH to get her a drink.
I am certain she probably tried to communicate this with him earlier before coming into the bed room but some men don't get the subtle hints.

We did find Eric! Rosie had.forgotten about him by that time so when I showed her she just didn't care. Oh well. At least I was excited to find him

I have 3 large breed dogs so my house can often get quite "dirty" and not with toys. It is so rough! Though when the weather starts getting better they can spend much more tine outside. We all can! That will help with the mess

It still amazes me how often DH and I havebto correct eachother in terms of what we think DD is saying. Thankfully its almost always clear to one of us. And she's getting better.

Tlh, I hate that feeling of not being able to throw up, but I hate throwing up more I think. I am one of those people that doesn't feel better after throwing up, I feel much worse, so I avoid it at all costs. I hope the nausea goes away soon, that is no fun! I'm glad you got a shopping day to yourself :) I love new tennis shoes!

Libbysmum, I'm so glad your daughter is feeling better! I hope your husband is more receptive to helping a bit more, you definitely need your rest! I really love the names you have picked out :) My little brother's name is Blake so I'm a bit biased toward that one :winkwink:

Lauki, congrats on the little boy on the way! :happydance:

Dove, congrats on your little man also! :happydance:

Hopeful, good luck at your ultrasound tomorrow! I can't imagine having to wait a couple of days to hear from the doctor, I'm too impatient :haha: Can't wait to hear if it's a little boy or girl!

Caro, I hope you and your family feel better soon!

ProudArmyWife, I can't imagine taking care of a toddler right now! It is hard enough with my three cats constantly tripping me everywhere I walk :haha: I hope your sciatica gets better!

Nenna, I wish I had enough patience to wait to find out :haha: I could never do it! Good luck at your scan tomorrow, I know what you mean about seeing an actual baby in there lol. I will be about 22 weeks when we see Aisling again at the ultrasound with the doctor and I am so excited to see her again and how much bigger she is getting! That is so sweet that your husband could feel movement on Valentine's Day! That is the day my husband first felt movement too :D I was sad about my bump being so tiny too then all of the sudden it just started really growing...it seemed like it happened overnight lol! I'm sure you look stunning :)

Abagail, congrats on the little girl! :happydance: The name you picked for her is precious!

Sue, Millie looks so beautiful! :)

MissBellum, good luck at your scan tomorrow! I can't wait to hear if you and Anon are expecting a boy or girl :D How was aqua yoga?

JessinChi, that is exactly why I couldn't be team yellow :haha: I'm too impatient and especially if the information is right there lol. Lots of respect for those who can wait!

Oneandtwo, I dislike pink, ruffly, girly clothes so I will also be buying more 'boyish' clothes! I love anything with animals on it so that will probably dominate her wardrobe. I am telling people who want to buy her clothing that if they want to get her girly stuff to stick to purple :haha:

MissFox, your daughter sounds so adorable! I love when kids play by themselves and you can just listen in on them :haha:

As for me, my husband took me shopping last night because I wanted to look into getting some maternity jeans. I don't really need them now but I wanted to get an idea of what size I would need and how much they would cost. The Macy's in town has Motherhood Maternity stuff so we looked a bit, it was a pretty small selection but they had their denim on sale for buy one get one half off so I got two pairs of jeans :) Let me just say that I am wearing them now, they are SO comfortable and I will be wearing them from here on out! I don't know why I wanted to wait :haha: I am disappointed in the maternity shirts selection at the local stores here. I wanted to just get a couple of basic t-shirts but they are all so low-cut! I am a little on the modest side and when I tried one on my boobs were completely on display :blush: I found some nice tops that aren't so revealing in the long and 3/4 sleeve variety but have yet to find a short sleeve that would look nice on me :dohh:

I spent the day doing homework and now my husband just got home so we are going to work on Aisling's room for a little while :D

Appreciate the replies. I for one understand about having life and work and kids, nd that's why I also said I understand that not all my responses or posts will be responded to...I would be very selfish to think everyone should respond to every little thing I say. I have a 9 yr old and 3 yr old and work 48 plus hours a week plus family life. So I know.

It was one post in particular that I was hoping to get some support be ause I had said how I had a rough day at work because I had my first post-mortum patient I had to prepare and transport to the morgue. It was a very hard night for me and I was reaching out to hopefully get some positive feedback. But when I noticed others posting soon after mine and I was completely ignored on what I had said, yes I did feel ignored.

I realize not everyone is on at the time I posted something and pages move quickly and I completely understand only going back a couple pages to read up as we're ALL busy.
I appreciate the ones who replied with kindness to my feelings. It means a lot! And thank you! :) I will still come and see how you all are doing and maybe say something here or there but I probably won't be getting so personal with my life anymore as I tend to be more sensitive lately and I don't want to put myself out there to feel ignored when everyone else are only trying to just keep up. I wish you all well though. And I look forward to us all posting about the births of our newest additions.

I did read your post in the past about what you had to do & i felt so bad for you. Thats a very hard thing to do. I barely get to get on here too & i can barly keep up & i cant read all the pages. Its amazing how fast moving this group is!

We are so excited! We had our elective ultrasound yesterday & we are having a BOY!!! My daughter gets a brother! We are all so happy!! my husband has been talking to my stomach non stop after we found out. Lol. He is so happy to have a baby on the way after a very long ttc!
We can't wait to meet our little Bowen Levi!
We have our anatomy scan next saturday!

It is very exciting that most of us are finding out! Congrats to everyone!

thanks breadsticks! i'm the same way i dont feel better after throwing up either. im usually out for the count if i puke and i wont leave the bed/couch for the rest of the day!!

afm i feel like this weekend went by way too quick! im not ready for another week of work but 1 week from tomorrow is my scan! yay!!!!!!!

We are so excited! We had our elective ultrasound yesterday & we are having a BOY!!! My daughter gets a brother! We are all so happy!! my husband has been talking to my stomach non stop after we found out. Lol. He is so happy to have a baby on the way after a very long ttc!
We can't wait to meet our little Bowen Levi!
We have our anatomy scan next saturday!

It is very exciting that most of us are finding out! Congrats to everyone!

Congratulations! :happydance: I love his name! I love it when husbands talk to bumps lol it is one of the sweetest feelings :)

thanks breadsticks! i'm the same way i dont feel better after throwing up either. im usually out for the count if i puke and i wont leave the bed/couch for the rest of the day!!

afm i feel like this weekend went by way too quick! im not ready for another week of work but 1 week from tomorrow is my scan! yay!!!!!!!

Yep, that's me too! Though unfortunately with morning sickness I didn't really have an option, I had about a month of constant throwing up and there is no way I could miss that much work and school. I am just grateful that part is over for me and I will be very happy to hear when all the ladies are done being sick and nauseous! I agree, this weekend went way too quickly. My husband and I have off work tomorrow (I have class but only till noon) so it sort of feels like an extension to the weekend (though he worked today and I worked yesterday).

Aisling's room is coming along nicely! We are still in the process of getting things out that we want to get rid of or relocate to other parts of the house. My husband is currently getting the last piece of furniture out for good :happydance: It is a really old, beat-up couch that my grandma had sold to my parents when we moved to Wisconsin when I was in high school. It has seen better days...he is breaking it apart which is a very nice feeling because I can't stand the thing :haha: Normally I would donate it or something but it is really that bad, it was in horrible shape when it was given to us but we weren't about to be picky as we had only been married a year and were moving a couple states away. We had it upstairs but no one used it except to put their luggage on when they visited because it is so uncomfortable.

Anyone else team yellow here? We had our scan Friday but my DH sooo wanted a surprise. I almost asked the tech after my husband left but restrained myself (kept thinking about the birth!!!) now I'm feeling more excited about it- but it was hard when they told us they knew!!!

Hey JessinChi! We are team :yellow:... Our anatomy scan is tomorrow at 8:30a! 11 hours and 30 minutes away, but who is counting?

Nenna, I wish I had enough patience to wait to find out :haha: I could never do it! Good luck at your scan tomorrow, I know what you mean about seeing an actual baby in there lol. I will be about 22 weeks when we see Aisling again at the ultrasound with the doctor and I am so excited to see her again and how much bigger she is getting! That is so sweet that your husband could feel movement on Valentine's Day! That is the day my husband first felt movement too :D I was sad about my bump being so tiny too then all of the sudden it just started really growing...it seemed like it happened overnight lol! I'm sure you look stunning :)

As for me, my husband took me shopping last night because I wanted to look into getting some maternity jeans. I don't really need them now but I wanted to get an idea of what size I would need and how much they would cost. The Macy's in town has Motherhood Maternity stuff so we looked a bit, it was a pretty small selection but they had their denim on sale for buy one get one half off so I got two pairs of jeans :) Let me just say that I am wearing them now, they are SO comfortable and I will be wearing them from here on out! I don't know why I wanted to wait :haha: I am disappointed in the maternity shirts selection at the local stores here. I wanted to just get a couple of basic t-shirts but they are all so low-cut! I am a little on the modest side and when I tried one on my boobs were completely on display :blush: I found some nice tops that aren't so revealing in the long and 3/4 sleeve variety but have yet to find a short sleeve that would look nice on me :dohh:

I spent the day doing homework and now my husband just got home so we are going to work on Aisling's room for a little while :D

Thanks for well wishes.... I'm getting excited to see baby, but I have also been dreading Monday all weekend because I had to work on the lesson plans for the week... I'm tired all the time, but I can't tell how much is from baby and how much is from the strenuous pace of student teaching! :dohh:

I also went shopping for some more comfortable pants the other day... I had one pair of jeans, but I wanted some slacks for teaching. The morale of the story is: don't buy the cheaper $12 pants at Burlington! I burst two seams in one day- one just above my knee where the pants are super lose, and one in the crotch where there is still room to grow! :grr:

I hope you have better luck with the quality of your clothes! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->