~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I feel a little guilty girls.......................

So I was shopping around Mothercare, and I chose my cotbed for my little girl.

I decided to put this on my baby plan, and have it delivered on the same day as my pram & car seat. All well, paid for cotbed & am looking forward to them all being delivered.

So in my euphoric state of purchasing my ladies bed....I decided to treat her to some clothes:

Minnie Mouse Romper - £10
2 set Pink & Yellow Rompers - £10
Mummys Little Sweethear Vest - £4
Early Baby Socks - £2.50
2 MAM Dummies - £4.80

I don't usually add up my purchases as I am going round but today I decided to use a voucher so I was counting the numbers in my head as I didn't want to go over the voucher amount so I setlled on the above items and knowing there was £35 on my voucher and this came to £31.30 I was happy.

Made my way back over the till, and she scanned it all through (or at least appeared too) and then said "£21.30 please". So being a bit confused, I didn't say anything (some items were on sale so I assumed I'd miss counted some things) handed over my voucher, paid & walked out with no problems.

Decided to check the receipt when I was wondering round M&S and the 2 pack of rompers for £10 she didn't scan!!!! :dohh: :dohh: so now I feel super guilty...............should I go back?? Would anyone in their right mind go back?? Or should I just accept that I am going to be giving £££££££££££££££££££££££££ to Mothercare over the next few years and stay schtum?? HELP! :shrug:

do NOT go back!! they'll soon get you in other ways. her error, not yours :D. If it makes you feel any better i remember several mths ago going out for a meal, getting the final bill and thinking 'that's cheap'. It was only after we paid we realised they'd missed our drinks off...nooo we didn't go back!!

tlh...i hope the next 8hrs fly and you get a job offer!! xx

Don't go back!! You wontbget many good seals like that.
I've had lots of restraints leave the drinks off. Love when that happens.
Tlh- GO TO HR!!! NOT OK!!!
We have the plague again lol.

Sorry about the plague MissFox!! YIKES. I've got a rotten cold too :( makes you feel rubbish huh.

Ok - I wont go back lol :D I figure they will definitely be getting enough of my money in the future, and my baby plan is already worth over £500! Baby Millie will have to get good use out of her free rompers!! lol

The place I interviewed at called me this morning saying a girl resigned in the department I interviewed for. They said they originally told me it would be 30 hours a week but was wondering if I would be willing to work 40 hours a week. I said I would be ok with that and asked if the hours would be 8-5 instead of 8-2. She said we can choose our hours either 8-4:30 or 7:30-4 and asked what i would prefer. I said I was open to either I was just curious what the hours would be. She said she will double check with the manager of the department and call me back today. I'm thinking that is a very good sign..at least i hope. but at least i'll know today!!! i want them to call so i can walk out of work :haha:

The place I interviewed at called me this morning saying a girl resigned in the department I interviewed for. They said they originally told me it would be 30 hours a week but was wondering if I would be willing to work 40 hours a week. I said I would be ok with that and asked if the hours would be 8-5 instead of 8-2. She said we can choose our hours either 8-4:30 or 7:30-4 and asked what i would prefer. I said I was open to either I was just curious what the hours would be. She said she will double check with the manager of the department and call me back today. I'm thinking that is a very good sign..at least i hope. but at least i'll know today!!! i want them to call so i can walk out of work :haha:

Oh my goshhh......exciting!!!!!! Such a good sign!

That would be SO COOL - "see you tomorrow...NAAATTT!!!" *flip the bird* ;)

Not on this thread often, but thought I'd give a little update. After all the bumps in the road with this pregnancy, I found out today I am expecting a healthy little boy.

https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/breakthenight/IMG_3021-1_zpsfa9a9ccc.jpg

https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/breakthenight/IMG_3023_zpsb7be6168.jpg

https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/breakthenight/IMG_3029-1_zps5d7812cc.jpg

https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/breakthenight/IMG_3030_zpsdaa2ea38.jpg

The only issue that is now showing up is a VERY minor placenta issue, which we will get some growth scans for, but overall, this is my healthy, beautiful son. I couldn't ask for more.

Not on this thread often, but thought I'd give a little update. After all the bumps in the road with this pregnancy, I found out today I am expecting a healthy little boy.

The only issue that is now showing up is a VERY minor placenta issue, which we will get some growth scans for, but overall, this is my healthy, beautiful son. I couldn't ask for more.

Hi Little Man :wave: So glad things are ok with your son - beautiful pictures!! I hope the placenta issue is nothing serious & everything goes plain sailing from here on through!

I would love to just leave before my shift is over and go to HR and say my boss is making me feel uncomfortable after telling me i have to resign just so i can possibly get her in trouble on my way out the door. not that i'm petty or anything :haha:

Sue, well done on the free rompers. I wouldn't have gone back either! If it had been a little local shop I may have done but mothercare can afford to loose that :haha: bad I know but it's not as if you walked out with them. As you say you will be putting plenty of profit into their pockets over the next few years..

Congrats on the little boys and girls appearing here. So lovely to see :hugs:

I GOT THE JOB!!!! They called saying they were waiting to hear back from a reference so I called on of my references and told her to call them back :haha: right afterwards they called me offering the job. I will be getting paid the same amount i'm making now except i'll be 10 miles closer and they have much better benefits than i have now. i feel like this has been the best week ever!!!

I GOT THE JOB!!!! They called saying they were waiting to hear back from a reference so I called on of my references and told her to call them back :haha: right afterwards they called me offering the job. I will be getting paid the same amount i'm making now except i'll be 10 miles closer and they have much better benefits than i have now. i feel like this has been the best week ever!!!

Congratulations that's such great news! :happydance:

WOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! So so so so SO chuffed for you!!

Cannot WAIT to hear how your boss reacts - she wants a full time employee huh, well she can now spend weeks searching for one! Hahahahah!

Well done, what a great place to be in :) :happydance: :happydance:

Party for Tlh! :happydance: I'm so happy for you, now you can get out of that hellhole! Ahhh, your boss can take that full-time position and shove it! Will you be giving two weeks notice or start the new position right away?

Congrats again! :happydance:

That's such great news!!!!!!!!! Now you can tell your coworker and boss "Take this job and shove it!!!" LOL! Sorry, country music buff here and love that song when it comes to horrible work places!!!

Congrats to all the new pink and blue bumps! Congrats on the new job, tlh97990! And welcome MichelleDVM!

Tally is now :blue: 21 : 19 :pink:

tlh, do you have all the texts from your boss? I would definitely show HR and let them know what is going on. They need to know! Your boss can NOT treat you in that manner what so ever, pregnant or not!

I have an example of a friend of mine who had Krohn's disease. She would miss a lot when she was having issues. Her boss started giving her all sorts of trouble and she had to end up going to HR who confirmed she was fine and they went to her manager and informed her that the manager could not give her crap for her disease as it is something that is a medical problem. She didn't have problems from then on because she's protected by HR. I'm just so glad you got the new job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->