~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Was feeling crafty so I made some wooden letters for the nursery last night, got dh to hang them today as I cannot center anything to save my life :)

Attachments

• IMAG0118.jpg
    IMAG0118.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 15
Sooooo behind! I think I'm at least 25 pages back at this point. My inlaws arrived this weekend (staying for 5 weeks!) and the week before was Jessa's 3rd birthday and my parents were here so it's been kinda crazy recently.

I just wanted to pop in, tell you all that we're still alive, baby boy is still kicking and that I promise to catch up with all of you wonderful ladies soon!

Party for Tlh! :happydance: I'm so happy for you, now you can get out of that hellhole! Ahhh, your boss can take that full-time position and shove it! Will you be giving two weeks notice or start the new position right away?

Congrats again! :happydance:

tlh, do you have all the texts from your boss? I would definitely show HR and let them know what is going on. They need to know! Your boss can NOT treat you in that manner what so ever, pregnant or not!

I have an example of a friend of mine who had Krohn's disease. She would miss a lot when she was having issues. Her boss started giving her all sorts of trouble and she had to end up going to HR who confirmed she was fine and they went to her manager and informed her that the manager could not give her crap for her disease as it is something that is a medical problem. She didn't have problems from then on because she's protected by HR. I'm just so glad you got the new job!

I'm starting the new job next Thursday. I'm going to resign tomorrow because i'm being crafty :haha:

yes i have the texts still!! i made sure to save them. My boss was being very rude all day and ignoring me. I would ask her questions about work and she'd ignore me. When i said bye at the end of the day she said "mmhmm" i was so mad!! But i went to HR today and told someone that she sent me texts saying i needed to resign because she wanted a full time person and she didn't care that i was released to come back to work because she wanted someone she could rely on in the future. The look on the lady in HR's face was priceless!! she set up an appointment for me for tomorrow with employee relations so my manager will be reprimanded :happydance: i'm still obviously going to resign but i'm making it a point that it's the manager's fault i'm leaving!! I can't wait to tell my boss after my meeting that Thursday is my last day. She gave half the office off for Friday to go to a funeral for a former employee's relative (dont understand why) and she's wanting to leave early to go to it too, but if i quit she won't be able to because no one will cover the office then!

Was feeling crafty so I made some wooden letters for the nursery last night, got dh to hang them today as I cannot center anything to save my life :)

i love the letters!! i wish i was artsy.. i tried to do the whole modge podge and fabric thing on wooden letters for my daughter last time and they look horrible!!! i'm going to have my step mom make some i think!!

Eh I was at playgroup this morning feeling totally exhausted. They give you a cup of coffee so I made one and wasn't til I was half through drinking it I realized it was only DEcaffeinated! LOL I know it is suppose to be better for pregnant people but I love my coffee!

Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing well.

I guess I am a little late to the party here, but I would love to join! My EDD is July 28th and this is our first baby. Our gender scan is March 7th and we cannot wait!!

Welcome & congrats on your little one :)

As for me, I am so sleepy! I wish I could just take a nap but it is midterms time so I have projects and papers due. Which is why I'm procrastinating on BnB :haha:

I actually remembered to take a bump picture today! Here I am at 21 weeks :)

Speaking of great workplaces I got a letter in the mail from mine today saying I was being written up for not attending a mandatory staff meeting that I didn't know about because I haven't been on the schedule in almost four months and no-one bothered to call me and tell me there was a meeting or that I was required to attend! Let's just say they will be getting an ear full from me cause I won't have a negative write up in my file when I did nothing wrong!

Cute bump pix x. Sounds your workplace sucks too, how can you be written up for missing something they didn't tell you about? Hope you get it sorted.

Hey Ladies... I know I missed a lot been kinda overwhelmed with getting to school early in the morning. Now I have more free time since changing from Campus to Online schooling :). Tomorrow I will be 22 weeks pregnant found out I will be having a baby boy. I'm super excited my pregnancy so far in my second trimester has been awesome. I thought it wouldn't get so comfortable I'm loving my pregnancy so far. Had some troubles during my first trimester but all is all. How has everyone else been I hope I still have time to get to know each lady and hope I can become apart of the group/family again. Have a great day ladies!

Congrats on your boy! Good to hear all is going well x x

hello everyone, sorry I have been rubbish at keeping up. Have now come down the bloody flu!

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

We had our scan, baby is all healthy and we are having a girl!!

Sonography women was so grumpy tho, she said 90% sure it's a girl, can't say anything else. We are having a 4d scan in a few weeks so will reconfirm :)

Exciting!!

Great news, congrats on your little girl ) x x

afm, we had our 20wk scan today too!! and remained team :yellow:...sorry guys ;). baby is all looking healthy though and practically bang on average for all measurements! so this ones gonna be a bit shorter and fatter than my son :haha: as he was all long legs and skinny tummy at this stage! baby is estimated to be 13oz so far! so my 1kg of weight gain prob is pretty much all baby :D xx

Good to hear all was well x x

I feel a little guilty girls.......................

So I was shopping around Mothercare, and I chose my cotbed for my little girl.

I decided to put this on my baby plan, and have it delivered on the same day as my pram & car seat. All well, paid for cotbed & am looking forward to them all being delivered.

So in my euphoric state of purchasing my ladies bed....I decided to treat her to some clothes:

Minnie Mouse Romper - £10
2 set Pink & Yellow Rompers - £10
Mummys Little Sweethear Vest - £4
Early Baby Socks - £2.50
2 MAM Dummies - £4.80

I don't usually add up my purchases as I am going round but today I decided to use a voucher so I was counting the numbers in my head as I didn't want to go over the voucher amount so I setlled on the above items and knowing there was £35 on my voucher and this came to £31.30 I was happy.

Made my way back over the till, and she scanned it all through (or at least appeared too) and then said "£21.30 please". So being a bit confused, I didn't say anything (some items were on sale so I assumed I'd miss counted some things) handed over my voucher, paid & walked out with no problems.

Decided to check the receipt when I was wondering round M&S and the 2 pack of rompers for £10 she didn't scan!!!! :dohh: :dohh: so now I feel super guilty...............should I go back?? Would anyone in their right mind go back?? Or should I just accept that I am going to be giving £££££££££££££££££££££££££ to Mothercare over the next few years and stay schtum?? HELP! :shrug:

Sounds like you are getting some great stuff. I cant wait to start shopping for little one. I would probably be inclined to keep schtum about the rompers. But then, I probably wouldn't have noticed anyway as I dont keep as close an eye on things as I should!

Don't go back!! You wontbget many good seals like that.
I've had lots of restraints leave the drinks off. Love when that happens.
Tlh- GO TO HR!!! NOT OK!!!
We have the plague again lol.

Hope you get better soon :hugs:

Not on this thread often, but thought I'd give a little update. After all the bumps in the road with this pregnancy, I found out today I am expecting a healthy little boy.

The only issue that is now showing up is a VERY minor placenta issue, which we will get some growth scans for, but overall, this is my healthy, beautiful son. I couldn't ask for more.

Congrats on your little boy! Good to hear all is going well x x

I GOT THE JOB!!!! They called saying they were waiting to hear back from a reference so I called on of my references and told her to call them back :haha: right afterwards they called me offering the job. I will be getting paid the same amount i'm making now except i'll be 10 miles closer and they have much better benefits than i have now. i feel like this has been the best week ever!!!

Fantastic news! Well done :happydance: Congratulations on your little girl too x x

Yay Tlh!!!

In other news: mu tailbone hurts to sit. :cry:

Ouch! Sounds painful, hope it heals soon :hugs:

Very cute x

Sooooo behind! I think I'm at least 25 pages back at this point. My inlaws arrived this weekend (staying for 5 weeks!) and the week before was Jessa's 3rd birthday and my parents were here so it's been kinda crazy recently.

I just wanted to pop in, tell you all that we're still alive, baby boy is still kicking and that I promise to catch up with all of you wonderful ladies soon!

Good to hear all is going well x

Eh I was at playgroup this morning feeling totally exhausted. They give you a cup of coffee so I made one and wasn't til I was half through drinking it I realized it was only DEcaffeinated! LOL I know it is suppose to be better for pregnant people but I love my coffee!

How annoying! I think the one thing I really miss is proper coffee. I'm like you, I love a good cuppa!

Abagail-those letters are beautiful. I'm hoping to do something like that in Millie's bedroom :)

Still lying in bed when I should be leaving for work lol, I imagine I'll be a little late! Oh well, I worked late last night!

congrats tlh!!! brilliant news and yay for screwing your bosses plans over, plus getting her comeuppence on how she's treated you!

eugh...i'm still sick. Have come home ill today cos my poor head is just throbbing with a heavy head cold. I initially came down with it nearly 2wks ago now!! and its showing no signs of improving so as i was being totally unproductive at work have decided i might as well be under the duvet at home :D

Abagail, the letters are beautiful! I would like to do something like that for Aisling. I am not very crafty though! When my little brother was born (I was a freshman in high school) I would make stuff like that for him. I found a wooden star at Michael's and painted his name on it. My mom nearly cried lol.

Becca, great to hear from you! I'm glad you are well :D

Tlh, how exciting! I hope this job is everything you could hope for! And I'm so glad you are making sure you report your boss. It is definitely the right thing to do so other employees are less likely to have to deal with her being a bitch. Good luck with everything!

Libbysmum, I'm sorry you had decaf! I am having that sort of morning as well, I can barely stay awake and Wednesdays are my long days...class all morning starting at 9AM and work till 8:30 or 9PM. But I have tomorrow off to recuperate.

Sue, that was me this morning! My poor husband had to practically beg me to get my butt out of bed! :haha: I hope you don't have to work late tonight!

Caro, I'm sorry you are ill! I'm glad you were able to go home at least. Have you been to the doctor? When I was sick nothing helped until they put me on antibiotics, apparently I had a sinus infection of some sort and it was causing terrible headaches, body aches, and just an overall crappy feeling!

Things are going pretty well on my end. Not much new to report though lol. I have my anatomy ultrasound on Monday, can't wait to see our little girl again! :)

We just booked a private scan for Saturday, the sonograph woman yesterday was so grumpy and totally ruined the experience for us. The photos she picked were dreadful and so was like 90% it's a girl. She didn't even show us, she was so matter fact about it "I didn't see anything while checking everything to suggest its a boy, so 90% girl"

Tbh I feel like complaining about her. She didn't even fill in my pregnancy notes ( the green booklet we get, where all our scans, tests results etc get put in) is that normal? Anyway costs £55 so not to bad and photos included :)

We just booked a private scan for Saturday, the sonograph woman yesterday was so grumpy and totally ruined the experience for us. The photos she picked were dreadful and so was like 90% it's a girl. She didn't even show us, she was so matter fact about it "I didn't see anything while checking everything to suggest its a boy, so 90% girl"

Tbh I feel like complaining about her. She didn't even fill in my pregnancy notes ( the green booklet we get, where all our scans, tests results etc get put in) is that normal? Anyway costs £55 so not to bad and photos included :)

i would complain so it doesn't happen to someone in the future!!

Definitely complain hun.

Was this a scheduled anatomy scan? If it was, yes you should definitely have notes in your folder because she will have checked everything from the brain to the legs & then this is reported so your midwives & future care givers have access to it.

I GOT THE JOB!!!! They called saying they were waiting to hear back from a reference so I called on of my references and told her to call them back :haha: right afterwards they called me offering the job. I will be getting paid the same amount i'm making now except i'll be 10 miles closer and they have much better benefits than i have now. i feel like this has been the best week ever!!!

Yay Congrats Tlh good things always happen to the good your boss was way out of line. See you ended up getting what you wanted. God is good :happydance:

Abagail that's so cute I was thinking about doing wood craft for baby... Just need to find the time :D don't feel bad I can't manage to things myself it sucks but oh well that's what our DH is for :)

Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks so much Miss Bellum, most of all I happy to be back with the group knowing I've missed so much. I missed the group so much has happened to me I've became nerve wrecking so many times lol... Hope all is well with you as well :D

I guess I am a little late to the party here, but I would love to join! My EDD is July 28th and this is our first baby. Our gender scan is March 7th and we cannot wait!!

Welcome & congrats on your little one :)

As for me, I am so sleepy! I wish I could just take a nap but it is midterms time so I have projects and papers due. Which is why I'm procrastinating on BnB :haha:

I actually remembered to take a bump picture today! Here I am at 21 weeks :)

Speaking of great workplaces I got a letter in the mail from mine today saying I was being written up for not attending a mandatory staff meeting that I didn't know about because I haven't been on the schedule in almost four months and no-one bothered to call me and tell me there was a meeting or that I was required to attend! Let's just say they will be getting an ear full from me cause I won't have a negative write up in my file when I did nothing wrong!

Cute bump pix x. Sounds your workplace sucks too, how can you be written up for missing something they didn't tell you about? Hope you get it sorted.

Hey Ladies... I know I missed a lot been kinda overwhelmed with getting to school early in the morning. Now I have more free time since changing from Campus to Online schooling :). Tomorrow I will be 22 weeks pregnant found out I will be having a baby boy. I'm super excited my pregnancy so far in my second trimester has been awesome. I thought it wouldn't get so comfortable I'm loving my pregnancy so far. Had some troubles during my first trimester but all is all. How has everyone else been I hope I still have time to get to know each lady and hope I can become apart of the group/family again. Have a great day ladies!

Congrats on your boy! Good to hear all is going well x x

hello everyone, sorry I have been rubbish at keeping up. Have now come down the bloody flu!

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

We had our scan, baby is all healthy and we are having a girl!!

Sonography women was so grumpy tho, she said 90% sure it's a girl, can't say anything else. We are having a 4d scan in a few weeks so will reconfirm :)

Exciting!!

Great news, congrats on your little girl ) x x

afm, we had our 20wk scan today too!! and remained team :yellow:...sorry guys ;). baby is all looking healthy though and practically bang on average for all measurements! so this ones gonna be a bit shorter and fatter than my son :haha: as he was all long legs and skinny tummy at this stage! baby is estimated to be 13oz so far! so my 1kg of weight gain prob is pretty much all baby :D xx

Good to hear all was well x x

I feel a little guilty girls.......................

So I was shopping around Mothercare, and I chose my cotbed for my little girl.

I decided to put this on my baby plan, and have it delivered on the same day as my pram & car seat. All well, paid for cotbed & am looking forward to them all being delivered.

So in my euphoric state of purchasing my ladies bed....I decided to treat her to some clothes:

Minnie Mouse Romper - £10
2 set Pink & Yellow Rompers - £10
Mummys Little Sweethear Vest - £4
Early Baby Socks - £2.50
2 MAM Dummies - £4.80

I don't usually add up my purchases as I am going round but today I decided to use a voucher so I was counting the numbers in my head as I didn't want to go over the voucher amount so I setlled on the above items and knowing there was £35 on my voucher and this came to £31.30 I was happy.

Made my way back over the till, and she scanned it all through (or at least appeared too) and then said "£21.30 please". So being a bit confused, I didn't say anything (some items were on sale so I assumed I'd miss counted some things) handed over my voucher, paid & walked out with no problems.

Decided to check the receipt when I was wondering round M&S and the 2 pack of rompers for £10 she didn't scan!!!! :dohh: :dohh: so now I feel super guilty...............should I go back?? Would anyone in their right mind go back?? Or should I just accept that I am going to be giving £££££££££££££££££££££££££ to Mothercare over the next few years and stay schtum?? HELP! :shrug:

Sounds like you are getting some great stuff. I cant wait to start shopping for little one. I would probably be inclined to keep schtum about the rompers. But then, I probably wouldn't have noticed anyway as I dont keep as close an eye on things as I should!

Don't go back!! You wontbget many good seals like that.
I've had lots of restraints leave the drinks off. Love when that happens.
Tlh- GO TO HR!!! NOT OK!!!
We have the plague again lol.

Hope you get better soon :hugs:

Not on this thread often, but thought I'd give a little update. After all the bumps in the road with this pregnancy, I found out today I am expecting a healthy little boy.

The only issue that is now showing up is a VERY minor placenta issue, which we will get some growth scans for, but overall, this is my healthy, beautiful son. I couldn't ask for more.

Congrats on your little boy! Good to hear all is going well x x

Fantastic news! Well done :happydance: Congratulations on your little girl too x x

Yay Tlh!!!

In other news: mu tailbone hurts to sit. :cry:

Ouch! Sounds painful, hope it heals soon :hugs:

Very cute x

Good to hear all is going well x

How annoying! I think the one thing I really miss is proper coffee. I'm like you, I love a good cuppa!

Well Pandaspot congrats on the baby girl. I would definitely complain she has ruined a day that shouldn't be ruined for any mother. To pay for this scan as well no way I went to one and the woman was the sweetest. We pay for our time to find out they should be happy they have customers. So complain on girl.

i havent gained just lost so far. which im grateful for because im over weight as it is. im down 12 pounds. which if the baby is growing and gaining weight plus all the fluids and such im proubly down more than that. i did my 22 week bump photo and i can tell im loosing my butt. lol. and im slimming in my legs more and face.
we did our babyshower registry since i had gotten a target free $20 gift card coupon if you register there in the store. And dad called at 7am asking if he could take my 4 year old for the day and my daughter is at school so we were kidless and my hubby is off today. this never happens. lol. so best time to go was today. got a new maternity top with the $20 gift card and a pair of shoes all under $20. the registry you also get a goody bag with baby stuff in it and it had a few coupons and one was for the brand the top was in maternity 20% off so i made out like a bandet. lol. here is my 22 week bump.532972_3796100401021_1660833669_n.jpg

Party for Tlh! :happydance: I'm so happy for you, now you can get out of that hellhole! Ahhh, your boss can take that full-time position and shove it! Will you be giving two weeks notice or start the new position right away?

Congrats again! :happydance:

tlh, do you have all the texts from your boss? I would definitely show HR and let them know what is going on. They need to know! Your boss can NOT treat you in that manner what so ever, pregnant or not!

I have an example of a friend of mine who had Krohn's disease. She would miss a lot when she was having issues. Her boss started giving her all sorts of trouble and she had to end up going to HR who confirmed she was fine and they went to her manager and informed her that the manager could not give her crap for her disease as it is something that is a medical problem. She didn't have problems from then on because she's protected by HR. I'm just so glad you got the new job!

I'm starting the new job next Thursday. I'm going to resign tomorrow because i'm being crafty :haha:

yes i have the texts still!! i made sure to save them. My boss was being very rude all day and ignoring me. I would ask her questions about work and she'd ignore me. When i said bye at the end of the day she said "mmhmm" i was so mad!! But i went to HR today and told someone that she sent me texts saying i needed to resign because she wanted a full time person and she didn't care that i was released to come back to work because she wanted someone she could rely on in the future. The look on the lady in HR's face was priceless!! she set up an appointment for me for tomorrow with employee relations so my manager will be reprimanded :happydance: i'm still obviously going to resign but i'm making it a point that it's the manager's fault i'm leaving!! I can't wait to tell my boss after my meeting that Thursday is my last day. She gave half the office off for Friday to go to a funeral for a former employee's relative (dont understand why) and she's wanting to leave early to go to it too, but if i quit she won't be able to because no one will cover the office then!

i love the letters!! i wish i was artsy.. i tried to do the whole modge podge and fabric thing on wooden letters for my daughter last time and they look horrible!!! i'm going to have my step mom make some i think!!

TH this is priceless cant wait to hear what happends . she deserves it.

Congrats Th9! Super happy for you! Really hope it is a fresh break from that witch.
I love mothercare store...we have one within walking distance of my house...I am always in there browsing at stuff with DD. She loves the toddler bed they have on display. And the $500 car seat...I told her she won't be getting it as it is too expensive! So she moves on to the $300 high chair... I say "no you already have a highchair" and I give her a balloon that they always seem to have for parents/kids to take.
My mother is coming over to visit today. She is suppose to be bringing boxes so we can start packing. Need to find a house soon! Going to look at 4 or 5 houses today and a couple on the weekend. The last place we looked at was hideous and smelled like cat poop/pee. So much for that! The only good thing about it was it had a fence and was in a nice suburb. I told my DH a list of things I want in the house...fence, kitchen cupboard space, preferably A/C and he was very matter of fact saying we may not get everything ideally as I want it as there are only so many homes for rent...he is right but I want to try to get as many pros rather than cons if we have to live there for a year or two. It is okay for him as he will be at work most days so not home all the time...I will be home most days with DD and the new baby so I want to be somewhat happy in the place we live at.

Panda- we had a similar experience with scan with DD and the lady said she was fairly sure it was a girl. DH was not happy with that so we got a 3D one around 27wks.

panda, sorry your scan wasn't great :(. I've heard they often won't give 100% girl though, just cos there's more mistaking a boy for a girl than the other way round. Notes wise they didn't write in mine either, but i did get a printed report to add to my notes with all the baby's measurements on etc.

breadsticks, that's interesting you had an infection, maybe it could be something like that. However there's a fair few other people round this area that have had a similar sounding bug to me and its lasted 2wks +. It'll be 2 wks on friday since i came down with it so i guess if still no better next wk i'll have to go to dr!

hey everyone! i went to speak with HR today about my boss and they said they will write up the manager have a conversation with her and the rest of the office about the way i've been treated. I told them i appreciate it but i don't feel comfortable or welcomed in my office (i may have faked a tear or two) and that i don't want to leave the company in bad standing because of this. They called my boss's boss and they said they are going to mark me as resigning with two weeks notice but they are letting me have today as my last day!! I'm so happy! Afterwards my boss was locked in her office with the door shut and when i gave her my key and said today is my last day i'll finish out the day she started acting like my BFF.too little too late :haha:

So now i'll have a week break before starting my new job. My daughter is goin to start daycare Monday so i figure that'll give me a nice a break and i'll be nearby if she doesn't adjust well at first!

Sorry I haven't been around much ladies.

I've...erm...

signed up to be a chat line operator!

Haven't had any calls yet but I've passed the audition.

This has nothing to do with babies I admit lol. I have nothing really to report on the baby front. I'm 23 weeks tomorrow and getting massive. That's it I guess.

Sorry I haven't been around much ladies.

I've...erm...

signed up to be a chat line operator!

Haven't had any calls yet but I've passed the audition.

This has nothing to do with babies I admit lol. I have nothing really to report on the baby front. I'm 23 weeks tomorrow and getting massive. That's it I guess.

That's exciting!! Who cares if it has nothing to do with babies i feel like the last week nothing i've talked about has to do with babies :haha:

congrats though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->