~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Ugh, so we've been hearing a lot of rumors and apparently its not going to be that surprising if he doesnt come home until our baby girl is 8+ mos old. It makes me so sad to think he wont meet her until shes already so developed.

Im seriously considering birthing alone also, im having a lot of interest in my birth/the new baby and it bothers me, even though shes going to be much older when she meets him, I'd like my husband to meet his daughter before everyone else does. Is that rude? As long as my recovery goes good, im pretty sure I'd be fine to manage the four alone, adding our third was SO easy, I might be being a bit cocky about it but im really not thrilled with the idea of having visitors. I do have two friends here that would help if.i needed it. Im just so unsure of all this and really think I'd rather just be alone with all this. Its goimg to be very weird to not have my sons and husband there for the birth though, the older kids were there for the younger siblings births, and obviously my husband was there. This hospital doeant allow children and its not like I could manage them while in labor LOL just venting but ive been up since 2am trying to think of what we are going to do. My husband doesn't deal with stress well, and has a hard time understanding my feelings with this subject so everything just feels like a mess!

Sorry to hear this I couldn't imagine going. Through it alone..I'm glad my hubby got out when he did!

Arm I woke up at 1am and been up ever since throwing il..I just want it to stop so I can get some sleep before dd wakes up

hun sorry you are going through all this it can be emotional and complicated. why dont you have a friend be in there with you and video tape it for him and all the little milestones untill he gets back so he doesnt feel like he has mist anything.

Found out we're having a girl a few weeks ago and I hadn't even considered that they could have got it wrong... but watched a programme the other night where a woman was told she was having a girl, but it came out a boy! She looked pretty devastated to be honest... although I'm sure he won her over!

Now I'm not completely naive... I did realise they can get it wrong from time to time, but now I'm suddenly worrying about it! I've already bonded with this baby as a girl and I can't imagine her being anything else now.

I'm thinking about paying for another scan (maybe 3d) just to confirm it, but didn't really want to shell out £100 when we have so many other things to buy at the moment!

Is anyone else worried about this? Or am I overeacting?! xxx

Well we went for out 20 week scan Tuesday, told by the rude grumpy sonographer that she was 90% sure a girl, cause she saw nothing dangling between legs when doing the measurments, she didn't really look at all, we were not shown anything.

We weren't happy with this, so I booked a private gender scan £55 for today. Well 99% it's a boy, should really say 100% as we were shown all his parts! She said soon as she started she knew it was a boy lol. It was an amazing experience, only meant to have a couple of 2d photos but she did 3d for us and let us see him for quite a while in 4d. How I feel today is how I should have felt Tuesday, instead we felt down and deflated, cause of the woman's attitude. The sonograph woman today explained everything, she was great :)

glad you found out for sure. our doc did ours and we didnt see anything between the legs. he said 80%, we go for our detailed exam on the 7th..Thursday so we will be more diffident. my hubby said he would be in shock if it were to change though because we have already identified her as Evelyn and as a girl.

Hope everyone is doing ok? ive not been posting much but i do read everyones posts.

Bump is behaving himself- just a little heartburn but luckliy not too bad. Starting to feel him a bit more regulary now, but we still have quiet days when he doesnt move much and i worry.

Finally got round to posting a bump pic, sorry its wrong way up! lol

22 weeks! ( Cant actually believe we ever got to this point! so exciting now!!)

Lovely bump :)

OMG this morning I have been quite sick and I wet myself :blush: I thought my waters had gone and I was going to go into labour :blush: Then I smelt it :blush::blush:

how embarrassing! i'm having pelvic floor issues too...so not fun :dohh:.

It really isnt. Even exercises isn't helping it!

this is why i were pads, and i use the dip strips to check if its water or urine. ( they are the testers one uses for checking fish tank water. i was told by a nurse to use them back when i had my son.

I know it wasnt my waters but I might wear pads from now on I didnt think about them!

Ugh, so we've been hearing a lot of rumors and apparently its not going to be that surprising if he doesnt come home until our baby girl is 8+ mos old. It makes me so sad to think he wont meet her until shes already so developed.

Im seriously considering birthing alone also, im having a lot of interest in my birth/the new baby and it bothers me, even though shes going to be much older when she meets him, I'd like my husband to meet his daughter before everyone else does. Is that rude? As long as my recovery goes good, im pretty sure I'd be fine to manage the four alone, adding our third was SO easy, I might be being a bit cocky about it but im really not thrilled with the idea of having visitors. I do have two friends here that would help if.i needed it. Im just so unsure of all this and really think I'd rather just be alone with all this. Its goimg to be very weird to not have my sons and husband there for the birth though, the older kids were there for the younger siblings births, and obviously my husband was there. This hospital doeant allow children and its not like I could manage them while in labor LOL just venting but ive been up since 2am trying to think of what we are going to do. My husband doesn't deal with stress well, and has a hard time understanding my feelings with this subject so everything just feels like a mess!

Sorry to hear this I couldn't imagine going. Through it alone..I'm glad my hubby got out when he did!

Arm I woke up at 1am and been up ever since throwing il..I just want it to stop so I can get some sleep before dd wakes up

hun sorry you are going through all this it can be emotional and complicated. why dont you have a friend be in there with you and video tape it for him and all the little milestones untill he gets back so he doesnt feel like he has mist anything.

They.wont allow taping in the facility, so ive been told. I will be taking lots of pictures of course though, if my sister comes, she will too. She is a photographer of sorts. I dont jnow that I am comfortable enough with the two friends I have here.to be in that position with them. We took buckets of pictures with my second son (he left when he was.four months, and came back at a year old) but he didn't like my husband for the longest time, kinda worried about that too! I know its all goig to be fine, I wasnt worrying the away time til I heard it could be very long, now im all paranoid about what my family is going to fight with me about and the lgoisitcs of the birth/first few Weeks while I am recovering.

They.wont allow taping in the facility, so ive been told. I will be taking lots of pictures of course though, if my sister comes, she will too. She is a photographer of sorts. I dont jnow that I am comfortable enough with the two friends I have here.to be in that position with them. We took buckets of pictures with my second son (he left when he was.four months, and came back at a year old) but he didn't like my husband for the longest time, kinda worried about that too! I know its all goig to be fine, I wasnt worrying the away time til I heard it could be very long, now im all paranoid about what my family is going to fight with me about and the lgoisitcs of the birth/first few Weeks while I am recovering.

have you thought of having him record his voice like several messages and such even if over the phone record them on the answering machine. adn play them on the stumach through ear phones and even after as if like music when baby is awake. so when he comes home the baby will now his voice. and feel more assured when hearing him.

So sorry to all the ladies having a rough time.
And LOVE all the bump pictures. Here is my 18 week one

Attachments

• 1361815223079.jpg
    1361815223079.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 3
Ok this morning DH says he thinks Elisha is a good boy name. I think it sounds a bit too similar to Alicia or Elise...which are girl names...any thoughts?

I don't think I've posted here, if I have just blame that "pregnancy brain"!

I'm due July 18th, and I am having a BOY! :blue:

Welcome! And congrats on your boy! We are having a boy too. I hear you there about pregnancy brain! So far this pregnancy I have not locked myself out the house once! With DD it was a regular event and expensive when it happened on weekends when the real estate agent isn't around to open up for you. I am determined not to let that happen with this baby!:thumbup:

libbysmum, i thought elisha WAS a girls name? is it unisex? ive never heard a boy named that. ive heard sasha, aubrey, kourtney, and adrien as boys names though.

Oneandtwo...yeah it is unisex...but I think it sounds more girly- especially if you just see it written down I am thinking on his resume for work applications etc everyones going to assume he is a girl. Maybe DH will change his mind again LOL.

Welcome! And congrats on your boy! We are having a boy too. I hear you there about pregnancy brain! So far this pregnancy I have not locked myself out the house once! With DD it was a regular event and expensive when it happened on weekends when the real estate agent isn't around to open up for you. I am determined not to let that happen with this baby!:thumbup:

my pregnancy brain happens a lot in the kitchen! i will make tea then leave it to steep on the counter and forget about it until it's ice cold. or i'll pop toast and forget then the toast is too cold for the butter to spread properly.

:dohh:

Oneandtwo...yeah it is unisex...but I think it sounds more girly- especially if you just see it written down I am thinking on his resume for work applications etc everyones going to assume he is a girl. Maybe DH will change his mind again LOL.

If its pronounced like Elijah then it's def a boys name. I'm not sure how your pronouncing it though :)

have to say i thought Elisha was a girls name too!

anyone else suffering with split lips? My skin is literally kinda falling off :/, I ripped a bit with my teeth today and it bled for ages :/, not nice!

our new house is looking much cleaner! can't wait to move in properaly on the 12th! though we're then not gonna have internet for nearly a month so will only be able to keep up/post from my phone so might not be around much xx

Sorry I haven't been around much the past few days! I am reading when I can to keep up :)

School has been very busy with midterms, so pretty much every day is spent on that till I fall asleep. I have been exceptionally tired this week too, yesterday I worked and when I got home I ate lunch, took a 4 hour nap, watched the basketball game and went back to sleep lol. We were supposed to go out with friends but that didn't happen :haha:

I hope everyone is well! We have our 20 week ultrasound tomorrow (it's a bit late due to rescheduling because of my husband's work) and I can't wait to see little Aisling again! :happydance:

I think you pronounce it Eh-Lie-shar...the girl version would be Eh-lee-shar?
Having a hard morning with DD she is into everything, hit her head twice being silly on the furniture and had a good cry and now is carrying around the sun-cream aka the forbidden fruit- because I said she couldn't have any...she only wants it cause it has a ducky on the cover. Trying to distract her with kids shows on TV.

Carol I am so happy that things are going nicely with the new house! I can hardly wait to settle in somewhere. A month seems a long time for internet but I think they do the same thing here as there are only so many guys that have the vans that come out to houses and connect you. It is really annoying if you ask me especially when you are paying for service.

Eve- good to see you made it online and I hope that you are feeling better!

have to say i thought Elisha was a girls name too!

anyone else suffering with split lips? My skin is literally kinda falling off :/, I ripped a bit with my teeth today and it bled for ages :/, not nice!

our new house is looking much cleaner! can't wait to move in properaly on the 12th! though we're then not gonna have internet for nearly a month so will only be able to keep up/post from my phone so might not be around much xx

im excited for you and your new home. :happydance:
my lips are constintly dry putting chap stick on aall the time. i find myself drinking loads of water from being parched and i will let my lips have water on them to try and soke it in.

i have my detailed scan finally coming this thursday so ready to see the my little bean again. and for a while will be nice. im sure ill cry like i do every time. which means next week ill be sent to do my glucos test once again the 3 hour one. hope it comes back normal like my first one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->