~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

My doctor said I don't need the glucose test until 26-28 weeks. It usually takes a few hours but last time I had no troubles with it so am hoping that is the case again like you sweetpea. I don't even mind the drink they give you...I think cause in my head I imagined it to be worse than it actually was.
Little man is jumping about today which is good to feel. Was reading some statistics regarding Vbac or repeated c-section. It was surprising to know that only about 4 out of 10 thousand women die during a vbac while giving birth compared with about 15 out of 10 thousand with a repeat c-section. I was really shocked reading that as that is about 3 times risky to die while having a repeat csection right? I know any childbirth has its risks but it did make me question why doctors push for repeated csections. My theory is that it is a time management thing.

My doctor said I don't need the glucose test until 26-28 weeks. It usually takes a few hours but last time I had no troubles with it so am hoping that is the case again like you sweetpea. I don't even mind the drink they give you...I think cause in my head I imagined it to be worse than it actually was.
Little man is jumping about today which is good to feel. Was reading some statistics regarding Vbac or repeated c-section. It was surprising to know that only about 4 out of 10 thousand women die during a vbac while giving birth compared with about 15 out of 10 thousand with a repeat c-section. I was really shocked reading that as that is about 3 times risky to die while having a repeat csection right? I know any childbirth has its risks but it did make me question why doctors push for repeated csections. My theory is that it is a time management thing.

i had gestational with my last two pregnancies so my doc is having me do them twice this pregnancies to keep me monitured. i passed the first one and he was very happy. i normally have good numbers even when after the test last two preg. i was normal and the test came back hi. so my doc thinks i have a blood reaction to the sugar they have in the test that gives a false result for me.;

Hi Ladies!! Hope everyone is doing well!! It's been kind of crazy around my house!! Sitter was sick on Friday, so I came home early so OH could go to work. When we got home a police chase went right past our house and ended just at the corner! Scary!!

Went out with OH's mom/stepdad/brother yesterday for breakfast which was lovely! I enjoy spending time with them and I hope they feel the same now! Came home and did NOTHING but watch the entire Twilight saga and chatted with my wedding planner.

Last night I didn't sleep well because OH woke me up in the middle of the night and I was trying to figure out what he was doing. Well....I think he was doing something in his sleep because he had no idea except when I woke him up asking what he was doing. Sounded like he was about to have an orgasm and was moving all over the place! So I got irritated because I felt like he lied to me when he said he wasn't doing anything. So I ended up watching Breaking Dawn part 2 again because I just couldn't calm back down. Then woke up this morning with DS all hyper and ready to go. LOL! After OH went to work I took a nap and DS woke me up crying. He said he fell and hit his chin. I barely touched it and he was in a lot of pain. So called the Urgent care and they suggested going to the ER. So off we went. He just cut his chin and bruised it badly. Thankfully it wasn't broken! Now I'm ready to go to bed. LOL!

Hope you ladies have a wonderful evening! I'll catch up with everyone a bit later. I have so much I'm working on for the wedding now it's getting harder for me to get in here to talk!!

eta: Forgot to mention we finally have a first name! Our little man's name will be Coltyn!! Now to find a middle name to go with it. I have had Coltyn James stuck in my head since I loved Coltyn but still have to figure it out because OH doesn't seem to keen on it.

All the best sweetpea with the test.
JJ's I hope your son will be okay. Chin is a sensitive area. I love the name you picked out...very masculine. Hope OH will settle on a middle name soon. We are still working on names...I had a huge list of girl names which I must file away. We are looking at houses again this afternoon. Praying that we can get our applications worked out fast and handed in so we have a fair chance. Today we drove down to drop off one and the lady said we were too late as the owner accepted someones forms on Friday :( Was so disappointed as I REALLY liked the house. Hope we find some place equally as nice or even better soon, DH has tomorrow off so he can come with me to view some.

Its totally a time management thing. Have you seen "the businesd of being born" its very interesting, gives you a lot to think about in terms of interventions during labo1 and delivery!

Hello ladies! Hope everyone is ok. I donr have my glasses on so cant quote well haha!

Its ds birthday today! He is 3!

JJ's I hope your son will be okay. Chin is a sensitive area. I love the name you picked out...very masculine. Hope OH will settle on a middle name soon. We are still working on names...I had a huge list of girl names which I must file away. We are looking at houses again this afternoon. Praying that we can get our applications worked out fast and handed in so we have a fair chance. Today we drove down to drop off one and the lady said we were too late as the owner accepted someones forms on Friday :( Was so disappointed as I REALLY liked the house. Hope we find some place equally as nice or even better soon, DH has tomorrow off so he can come with me to view some.

Thanks!! DS is much better today and driving me crazy! LOL! I have a headache starting and he's running and screaming through the house. HAHA!

I really hope you find and get the house you want!! Sorry you weren't able to get your papers in on time with the other house. That just means it wasn't the right house for you! Your house will show itself soon!! :) Good luck!!!

So I threw up something rotten this morning - it went....EVERYWHERE!

I had my hand over my mouth because I could feel it coming......well it came before I reach the bathroom - and puke through the clasped hand/fingers does not end well.

Luckily I managed to clean it up in about an hour but boy I feel absolutely rotten - hoping it is nothing but I am off work & will have to be tomorrow as well because of working with food.

Today I realised I have now finished all my baby shopping! I have decided to buy no more clothes because she has a lot, and the only things left on the list are the stuff people have said they are buying which is a bath & towels & change mat!

YAY! So happy, and also really happy that it hasn't actually taken up hardly any room in my house (although pram, car seat & car seat base and cotbed are yet to arrive!!).

Evening all, hope you are all doing well.

I hope everyone is well! We have our 20 week ultrasound tomorrow (it's a bit late due to rescheduling because of my husband's work) and I can't wait to see little Aisling again! :happydance:
Good luck for tomorrow, hope it goes well x x

Hey ladies, hope everyone is doing good!! :)

Welcome back! Hope you are feeling better x x

have to say i thought Elisha was a girls name too!

anyone else suffering with split lips? My skin is literally kinda falling off :/, I ripped a bit with my teeth today and it bled for ages :/, not nice!

our new house is looking much cleaner! can't wait to move in properaly on the 12th! though we're then not gonna have internet for nearly a month so will only be able to keep up/post from my phone so might not be around much xx

Good luck for the move. I have noticed my lips dry out more, and have been using loads of lipbalm.

have to say i thought Elisha was a girls name too!

anyone else suffering with split lips? My skin is literally kinda falling off :/, I ripped a bit with my teeth today and it bled for ages :/, not nice!

our new house is looking much cleaner! can't wait to move in properaly on the 12th! though we're then not gonna have internet for nearly a month so will only be able to keep up/post from my phone so might not be around much xx

im excited for you and your new home. :happydance:
my lips are constintly dry putting chap stick on aall the time. i find myself drinking loads of water from being parched and i will let my lips have water on them to try and soke it in.

Same here, trying lots of different lipbalms to find one that works. I also seem to be constantly chugging back water.

That is a scary statistic! I really dont know why doctors would push for csections. It also seems to vary depending on where you are. I believe here in the UK, they do try to limit use of csections for emergencies only.

Hi Ladies!! Hope everyone is doing well!! It's been kind of crazy around my house!! Sitter was sick on Friday, so I came home early so OH could go to work. When we got home a police chase went right past our house and ended just at the corner! Scary!!

Went out with OH's mom/stepdad/brother yesterday for breakfast which was lovely! I enjoy spending time with them and I hope they feel the same now! Came home and did NOTHING but watch the entire Twilight saga and chatted with my wedding planner.

Last night I didn't sleep well because OH woke me up in the middle of the night and I was trying to figure out what he was doing. Well....I think he was doing something in his sleep because he had no idea except when I woke him up asking what he was doing. Sounded like he was about to have an orgasm and was moving all over the place! So I got irritated because I felt like he lied to me when he said he wasn't doing anything. So I ended up watching Breaking Dawn part 2 again because I just couldn't calm back down. Then woke up this morning with DS all hyper and ready to go. LOL! After OH went to work I took a nap and DS woke me up crying. He said he fell and hit his chin. I barely touched it and he was in a lot of pain. So called the Urgent care and they suggested going to the ER. So off we went. He just cut his chin and bruised it badly. Thankfully it wasn't broken! Now I'm ready to go to bed. LOL!

Hope you ladies have a wonderful evening! I'll catch up with everyone a bit later. I have so much I'm working on for the wedding now it's getting harder for me to get in here to talk!!

eta: Forgot to mention we finally have a first name! Our little man's name will be Coltyn!! Now to find a middle name to go with it. I have had Coltyn James stuck in my head since I loved Coltyn but still have to figure it out because OH doesn't seem to keen on it.

How scary to a police chase outside your house!

Good to hear your son's chin is just cut, hope it gets better soon x

Great to hear you have chosen a name, we are still working on it!

Fingers crossed that you have some luck on the house front tomorrow. We are still working on names too. We had a girls name all picked out but are still struggling with a boys name.

Hello ladies! Hope everyone is ok. I donr have my glasses on so cant quote well haha!

Happy 3rd birthday to your DS xx

I had my hand over my mouth because I could feel it coming......well it came before I reach the bathroom - and puke through the clasped hand/fingers does not end well.

Luckily I managed to clean it up in about an hour but boy I feel absolutely rotten - hoping it is nothing but I am off work & will have to be tomorrow as well because of working with food.

Today I realised I have now finished all my baby shopping! I have decided to buy no more clothes because she has a lot, and the only things left on the list are the stuff people have said they are buying which is a bath & towels & change mat!

YAY! So happy, and also really happy that it hasn't actually taken up hardly any room in my house (although pram, car seat & car seat base and cotbed are yet to arrive!!).

Sounds rough, hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Must be great to know you have everything ready. I can't wait to start buying things, but till we have our house sorted, theres just no point. Still, suppose it give me something to look forward to!

Oh dear hope you feel better soon! I had a stomach bug when I was 6 weeks and it was horrid! :hugs:

my DD went to daycare today for the first time ever!! i've never left her with anyone other me or OH for more than an hour or two so its been rough. i saved my tears til i made it to the car though :haha: i called to check on her around lunch time and they said she did awesome so far and is socializing wonderfully!!

tlh97990 - that's got to be rough!! I can't remember how old Jessica was the first time I left her alone with someone... but I'm pretty sure it was closer to two! and that was only my parents or super close friends!

Sue - ugh!!! poor thing! and then having to clean it up yourself too.. horrible. Hope you're feeling better now!

I've only read the current page because I'm so swamped!! Inlaws living with you is insane...

I've been completely conflicted over car seats! I really really want the maxi cosi prezi, but it doesn't fit on my current stroller.. and I can't rationalize buying a new one just for a car seat when I already have a BOB jogging stroller and the PlikoPramette. If I could just get a quinny buzz or zapp frame I'd be set but since they're not common in the US I can't get one on it's on. Looked at ebay.co.uk and they're like 20 quid. I'd have to buy the whole stroller system over here and spend at least $250 and that's used!

22 week bump shot! Forgive the daft expression. Didn't mean for my head to be in the photo but hubby had other ideas.

week%252022.jpg

caro103 - my lips are cracking a lot too and peeling.. but I think it might just be a winter thing... trying to remember my lipbalm!

Libbysmum - Elijah is the boy's name. Eliza is the girls name :) They actually sound quite different... (been watching a lot of the Vampire Diaries recently and there's an Elijah in there.)

Oh yeah I had an OB appointment this morning and the doc says that baby is measuring ahead all over the place. Even took the fundal height measurement a couple times to be sure... said we're in store for another big baby! eeeegads! I've gained about 10 lbs so far... 20 weeks left in which to gain less than 15... hoping it's possible!

Thanks for the well wishes all, feeling slightly better now just really tired. And because the sick was quite violent I have burst a lot of blood vessels in my face so now it looks blotchy & bruised :(

Becca - thats a lovely bump & I think you look great :)
tlh - strong mama!! I am sure your LO had a wonderful time at nursery and is well on her way to making many many friends.

Sorry not had time to reply to everyone......I am reading though & wishing everyone well with bumps, LO's & house moves xxx

glad your DS is ok! even if he is a bit sore, ouchy!

hope you find the place of your dreams! the place we're now buying actually sold to someone else first while we were still trying to sell our current place, then it all fell through so we got a 2nd shot and this time its def ours!! sometimes these things happen for a reason :)

happy birthday to your DS!! xx

eugh, hope you're feeling better soon! not nice.
cannot believe your all done with buying stuff, I'm yet to start :haha:, though will be reusing a lot of stuff from DS :thumbup:

my DD went to daycare today for the first time ever!! i've never left her with anyone other me or OH for more than an hour or two so its been rough. i saved my tears til i made it to the car though :haha: i called to check on her around lunch time and they said she did awesome so far and is socializing wonderfully!!

yay for her doing great! i remember that feeling well, it gets easier with time :), now i pretty much leave him there until the end of the day so i can make the most of the time to myself :haha:, he loves it though and is generally grumpy if i've picked him up early!

tlh97990 - that's got to be rough!! I can't remember how old Jessica was the first time I left her alone with someone... but I'm pretty sure it was closer to two! and that was only my parents or super close friends!

Sue - ugh!!! poor thing! and then having to clean it up yourself too.. horrible. Hope you're feeling better now!

I've only read the current page because I'm so swamped!! Inlaws living with you is insane...

I've been completely conflicted over car seats! I really really want the maxi cosi prezi, but it doesn't fit on my current stroller.. and I can't rationalize buying a new one just for a car seat when I already have a BOB jogging stroller and the PlikoPramette. If I could just get a quinny buzz or zapp frame I'd be set but since they're not common in the US I can't get one on it's on. Looked at ebay.co.uk and they're like 20 quid. I'd have to buy the whole stroller system over here and spend at least $250 and that's used!

22 week bump shot! Forgive the daft expression. Didn't mean for my head to be in the photo but hubby had other ideas.

week%252022.jpg

gorgeous bump! jealous we're nearly the same edd and you've a way more impressive bump than me! xx

caro103 - my lips are cracking a lot too and peeling.. but I think it might just be a winter thing... trying to remember my lipbalm!

Libbysmum - Elijah is the boy's name. Eliza is the girls name :) They actually sound quite different... (been watching a lot of the Vampire Diaries recently and there's an Elijah in there.)

Oh yeah I had an OB appointment this morning and the doc says that baby is measuring ahead all over the place. Even took the fundal height measurement a couple times to be sure... said we're in store for another big baby! eeeegads! I've gained about 10 lbs so far... 20 weeks left in which to gain less than 15... hoping it's possible!

:dohh: at least you know what to expect with a big bubba :), i reckon it sounds doable 15lbs in 20wks, however def not the rate i'm eating :dohh:

caro103 - Thanks! a LOT can pop out in a week. You'll be impressed with the size of your bump in another week or so I can almost guarantee it.

I just don't want to go over 200 lbs. It's just a number but I'm sure it'll freak me out if I do. I was 182 at the office this morning.... but with all the exponential growth at the end I could end up way over.

(That's neat about your house. Definitely fate that it was meant to be yours!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->