~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

caro103 - Thanks! a LOT can pop out in a week. You'll be impressed with the size of your bump in another week or so I can almost guarantee it.

I just don't want to go over 200 lbs. It's just a number but I'm sure it'll freak me out if I do. I was 182 at the office this morning.... but with all the exponential growth at the end I could end up way over.

(That's neat about your house. Definitely fate that it was meant to be yours!)

its deffo just a number hun, you should work out what it is in kg or something as prob won't sound so bad ;). Last pregnancy i barely gained anything until the last few weeks when i just ballooned and stupidly got on the scales, i went up to something scary like 105kg!! but within a couple days of giving birth had lost 15kg, so it must have been mostly fluid, then dropped below pre preg weigh within 2wks (like 20odd kg)! still too heavy really but this time have a horrid feeling its gonna be actual fat as i'm eating way more and way more bad stuff :blush:

Carol I did the same with DD...Lost 15 kg as soon as I gave birth. I was so relieved! Then it took me forever to loose more and I was 5kg short of my pre-pregnancy weight when we got pregnant again.
I have only gained about 2kg this pregnancy so far which I am so happy about! Not sure what the conversion is for pounds...too scared to look it up!

So sorry Sue about your vomits...sounds bad. Have you been to the Doctor? I hope you get back to normal soon.

Becca - I love that photo...I think that it makes you look very young with that expression on your face :)

It started off sunny this morning but already (8.30am) and the clouds are getting dark again! I am so glad I have a dryer!

DH felt the baby kick last night for the first time! YAY! :)

Just converted... 182 lbs is 82kg.. ouch! lol Last time around I was around 198 when I had Jessie and lost at least 25 lbs before I came home from the hospital. She was 8lbs and I had a CRAZY amount of fluid. My waters broke before I went to the hospital and they just kept coming and coming and coming!

It's oddly cold here too. Didn't manage to get out of the 30s today (umm that's between -1 and 4c I think)

Yaay for first Daddy/baby kicks!! This little fella has gotten quite rambunctious in just the past few days. Bopping about, kicking like a footballer and just generally making me feel odd! hehe Mark's actually gotten to feel a lot this week AND Jessica actually got to feel one too. That was exciting. :)

sue - hope you feel better soon!! I notice when I vomit while pregnant that I usually end up busting blood vessels around my eyes all the time. it's weird how it's different when you get sick when you're pregnant versus not pregnant.

becca - it is just a number. You have to make sure you're healthy and baby is as well! I went to a WIC appt today and they told me I'd gained 2.5 lbs since I was in there last which was 3 months ago. She said I'm gaining about right, but I'm showing I still have yet to gain weight because I weigh myself at the same time once a week. You weigh different amounts at different times of the day. The best time to weigh is first thing in the morning after you've gone potty. That's usually when I have my doc appts is first thing in the morning before I've drank a ton of water or before I've eaten too much. My doc said 2 weeks ago I was still down 1 lb from pre pregnancy weight. I'm really hoping not to gain more than 15 lbs this pregnancy. That means I have almost 17 weeks left so it is doable! Hope you can keep at your weight too! My pre pregnancy weight was 215.

DH came house hunting with me...I thought it was stressful alone with DD but oh my gosh how much more stressful it was with him. We had a look at a couple of places and put in applications for both but we are hoping for the one closer to DH's work which has a cute gazebo out the back yard. I thought it would be nice for DD to play tea parties or like a cubby house of sorts?
The little man has been jumpy today and my backs aching a tiny bit. I got the wheat pack out and seems to have soothed it a bit.

:hi: sorry I have been MIA for a while trying to catch up these headaches are so yucky! Not sure If I told anyone Im having a girl again! If they are right lol.... but go away for a 4d scan in 4 weeks! Libby GL with house hunting. Will catch up on what everyone has sed properly soon, best get ready for work boo!

xxx

With my previous pregnancy i gained 77 lbs i ended up being 207lbs the day before i delivered i thought i was going to die when i seen the 200 mark. This time my weight gain has been less drastic most likely because i've either had morning sickness or the flu this entire time but so far i've gained 14 lbs however i threw up all day saturday and wasnt able to eat again til monday so i feel like i lost 10 lbs..im trying not to dwell on it much i lost all my weight last time before i got pregnant and i didn't work out at all so i'm hoping since i'm still young i'll bounce back quick again!

hi ladies, hope you're all well.

Becca- lovely bump pic! :)

Well I'm feeling a bit jittery today :(

There's a cute little girl in Alex's class who supposedly fancies him. Bless them, they've been so cute together. They're both 5 so it's all very innocent and giggles and stuff.

Her sister Abigail is in Lydia's class, so both 7.

Both little girls came to our house last summer for Alex's birthday party. Their dad came too, he spent most of the party in our house!

Their nana lives on our street. They live just near school.

Well the word going around school today is that this is their parents. That their dad has murdered their mum. Lydia tells me all the kids are talking about it.

God I hope it's not true. I hope it's not their family. Those poor little girls if it is.
But it's not entirely impossible that it's them. Neither girl was at school today, and the article does say that the couple have daughters.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/loca...ck-after-woman-murdered-in-barnsley-1-5468149

The house in question (which, I don't know if it's their house or not, but certainly the house where it took place) has a police car parked outside it, and police tape and flowers. I've passed it 4 times today on my way to school.

:(

I SO badly hope it's not those little girls' parents.

Pregnancy-wise I haven't much to tell. Baby has been kicking up a storm lately!

We've put down a deposit on a car today. This one :

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi.../postcode/s738ef/page/1/radius/1500?logcode=p

It's a 6 seater (3 in front, 3 in back). I'm just praying we haven't been sold a lemon! I went for a test drive and it seemed okay.
I wish we didn't have to get another car, but ours only seats 5 and this baby means person-number-6 so we have no choice.

I have my next appointment with the midwife on Monday.

Eek 2 days until V-day!!

omg alice, i hope it wasn't them either, how sad life is sometimes :(

That's crazy... people can be so insane... Really there needs to be more done about mental health care, I know it's quite bad in the states since mental institutions were run so badly and mostly shut down. You can't put these people in prison because they come out worse... something needs to be fixed.

Got a migraine or something this afternoon. Low pressure system moved in... head is killing me.

TLH - that's promising. Hoping that this weight will come off like it did last time too. I was about 10lbs heavier when I got pregnant this time but that wasn't Jessica's fault. It was America's. LOL we moved when she was 9 months old and I put on 10lbs purely from eating out!! Too many good places to eat.

Alice - lol six bucket seats in the front? I've never seen anything like it! I've seen bench front seats but not that! Hope it's not a lemon! buying cars is NEVER fun.

That's crazy... people can be so insane... Really there needs to be more done about mental health care, I know it's quite bad in the states since mental institutions were run so badly and mostly shut down. You can't put these people in prison because they come out worse... something needs to be fixed.

Got a migraine or something this afternoon. Low pressure system moved in... head is killing me.

TLH - that's promising. Hoping that this weight will come off like it did last time too. I was about 10lbs heavier when I got pregnant this time but that wasn't Jessica's fault. It was America's. LOL we moved when she was 9 months old and I put on 10lbs purely from eating out!! Too many good places to eat.

Alice - lol six bucket seats in the front? I've never seen anything like it! I've seen bench front seats but not that! Hope it's not a lemon! buying cars is NEVER fun.

yeah we ate out a lot when i was pregnant with Madelyn which is probably why i gained so much with her. this time we haven't ate out at all because of all my stomach issues im terrified of going out to eat and not making it home in time to use the bathroom :haha:

ALL I want lately is pasta! I am loving the stuff. We are off to playgroup this morning. I said to DD to get shoes so she went to get her rain boots...I said "are you sure that is what you want to wear?" "yes" she responds...looks super with her cute blue play dress. Not sure how she plans to climb the play equipment in them!
Alice...how exciting! I would love a new car but we don't have the $ right now! DH and I are always discussing the potentials of having a 2nd car but right now we have to make do with just the one.
Update- the Zantacs seems to be working and I haven't had bad heartburn the past few days since taking it...hooray!

Alice thats awful! Anymore news on it yet? I hope its not :cry:

I think Im going to put so much weight this time round my bump is so big already and everyone always comments on it.

Becca sorry for the migraines I feel your pain :hugs:

Libbysmum yay to the no heartburn and how cute of Libby that is bet she looks so cool! You know girls who cares about practicality when you look good! :haha:

How is everyone?

Did I say I have my 4d scan in 4 weeks excited much! I wanted it later on and have to go away for it so they dont wanna risk it being more to 29-30 weeks so I will be one day off 27 weeks by then. I wonder if she will look anything like her sis 4d scan pic

xxx

Alice thats awful! Anymore news on it yet? I hope its not :cry:

Didn't hear anything at school when I took the kids this morning, but I did notice that those two girls were not there.

I'll see what Lydia says when she comes home, if she has heard anything else.

Latest news update from this morning online is very similar to yesterday, but talking a little more about the girls :

Neighbour John Lacey said he saw police cars arrive at the house at around 4pm.

Shortly afterwards he saw police officers bring the man out in a wheelchair and put him into an ambulance.

He told The Star: “The police came to see me shortly afterwards and told me they’d found a deceased person in the house.”
Mr Lacey, 83, said his two great-grandaughters frequently played in the flat, which was cordoned off with police tape yesterday, following the incident.

“The couple have two young girls who go to school with my granddaughters and they were always playing together,” said Mr Lacey.

“When I heard somebody had died I thought ‘God please don’t it be one of those little girls.’”
Mr Lacey, who has lived on Upperwood Road for over 40 years, told The Star the family had only moved into the street two or three months earlier.

He said: “Their father never said much when he came round to pick them up, but he seemed like a nice, polite man.

“It’s shocking to think something like this has happened right across the road.

“My thoughts are with those little girls.”

So still no names revealed, but I can't say it's sounding positive to be honest :nope:

They're such sweet little things. I'm in pain thinking that this could be their family :(

Edited : I removed the pic I posted earlier x

Thats so so sad, so the man killed his wife with the kids in the house? Where abouts is this? Was is in that neighbourhood in the pic xx

Thats so so sad, so the man killed his wife with the kids in the house? Where abouts is this? Was is in that neighbourhood in the pic xx

Well that picture was taken on my front garden. The street where it happened is not far though, maybe 10 minutes walk, or 2 minutes in the car.

Lydia says there's no further news. The girls weren't in school though.

Update : Police have named the woman who was murdered.

Yes, it's the girls' mother :(
I'm gutted

Oh, :( that is just awful. Those poor poor girls, what a terrible tangent there life will now go down. That is just terrible. So sorry it's so close to you alice. Awful :(

I know. I'm feeling really bummed about it. Not that I knew the mother at all, but the girls are nice little things. So polite when they came round for Alex's party, and Alex is such good friends with the younger one.

No child deserves something like this to happen.

Well onto more pleasant topics I suppose - V day tomorrow.
I'm being kicked absolutely constantly. This kid is gonna grow up to be a break dancer.
Jason finally managed to feel it today. The others already did a few days ago, but now everybody has felt the kicking.

My mam keeps throwing a fit at me because she wants to know the gender. Pfft honestly - no patience!

oh gosh how awful, those poor girls, and the poor mother :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->