~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Sorry I have not been around much! Last week was midterms and I finally had a chance to relax a bit come Friday...nope, instead I got sick :( Spring Break is this week so I should be grateful to not miss work/classes but it sucks to be spending some of it in bed. My kitties are all surrounding me and my dog is "guarding" the door while husband is at work :haha:

Happy Mother's Day UK mommas! :)

June, so precious, congratulations! That is exactly how my friend did hers, except they had the party the day after the ultrasound lol.

Eve, beautiful bump! :D

Miss Bellum, sounds like fun! That is so cute that baby enjoyed the music too :)

Good luck moving, Caro! We'll miss you while you are away!

Good luck with the house search, Libbysmum!

ProudArmyWife, I hope you get better sleep soon!

Tlh, so glad you love your new job!!

I'm on my phone so sorry I'm not replying to everyone. We had our anatomy scan on Monday and Aisling is developing as she should :) She was very shy with her hands in front of her face and her knees together so they booked me for another ultrasound to confirm girl on April 1st...I certainly didn't argue! :haha:

Hope you are all well and enjoying your weekends!

ETA: Alice, missed your post while replying lol. That sounds like such a wonderful morning! I am glad you loved it :D

Hi ladies!

Has anyone started getting the babys room ready? I haven't done or bought anything yet, but im thinking we should since our spare room is the game room & exercise room right now. Time to start clearing it out while i have energy now! :). Good thing we can keep the color the same. We are having a boy & the room is already green, a really pretty olive green.

Im having a c-section on July 15th & my relatives want to throw me a baby shower in the beginning of June. I feel like its close to my csection date & i will be more nervous, but i guess it will be fine. All my friends & family are so excited to come! We are having a co-ed shower & bbq. Everyone is so excited, even the guys! LOL.

i haven't started on the room yet or really bought anything. since we're having another girl we won't need much. we're reusing DD's old furniture because i got her new furniture a couple months ago so i really just need to put the crib back together and OH needs to move the bed in the room to the spare room in the basement. there's only a few things i want to buy still but my stepmom wants to have a baby shower for me in June even though its my second and the same gender. my mom didn't invite her to my first one so she wanted to have one this time. im thinking its going to be something small so i'll probably just have to buy a double stroller and a new swing!!

afm i've been trying to figure out if i want to get a an ipod nano or an ipod touch. i'm not one of those people that bought into the whole apple thing so i don't have an iphone or anything, but at work most people just listen to music on their ipods all day. i haven't heard much about either so i dont know which to get..do any of you have one or the other? what would you recommend?

i haven't started on the room yet or really bought anything. since we're having another girl we won't need much. we're reusing DD's old furniture because i got her new furniture a couple months ago so i really just need to put the crib back together and OH needs to move the bed in the room to the spare room in the basement. there's only a few things i want to buy still but my stepmom wants to have a baby shower for me in June even though its my second and the same gender. my mom didn't invite her to my first one so she wanted to have one this time. im thinking its going to be something small so i'll probably just have to buy a double stroller and a new swing!!

afm i've been trying to figure out if i want to get a an ipod nano or an ipod touch. i'm not one of those people that bought into the whole apple thing so i don't have an iphone or anything, but at work most people just listen to music on their ipods all day. i haven't heard much about either so i dont know which to get..do any of you have one or the other? what would you recommend?

I've had a nano, a touch & now I am on the classic and I love it. I need the 80GB storage and I enjoy that I can put videos & movies on too.

However, if you just want to listen to a few bits of music here and there at work, I recommend starting with the Nano :) xx

happy mothers day to all UK - and mummy-to-be day.

I haven't had anybody wish it to me :( which I did expect with being single etc but part of me wished that somebody was thoughtful enough to buy a 'From the Bump' card or something :( made me a little upset, I just hope next year somebody thinks to get me a card.

We won't bother with a room being ready, as we weren't with the other 2, as Oberon will be in our room for the first year at least anyway.

aww sue. Well if it's any consolation I never had any "from the bump" mother's day cards or anything when I was pregnant the first time.

In fact, even for my first mother's day with an actual baby, I got nothing at all. DH's theory is that mother's day stuff is supposed to come from your child, so as DD was only a baby at the time and couldn't choose anything, I didn't get anything at all. Not a card, not even wished a happy mother's day, nothing.

Proper ruined my first mother's day. I cried. He didn't enforce his stupid man-logic the following year, because I made it be damned clear that I would kick his arse if he did!

I haven't had anybody wish it to me :( which I did expect with being single etc but part of me wished that somebody was thoughtful enough to buy a 'From the Bump' card or something :( made me a little upset, I just hope next year somebody thinks to get me a card.

Sue, happy Mother's day to you!! I was a single mother for many years. I met my OH almost 2 years ago which means DS was 7. 7 years I spent as a single mother and on our Mother's Day in May, I always saved money from my taxes for me and him to do something together. I never got a card for him unless I took him to the store and he picked out what he wanted to give me and we went to the counter and I gave him the cash to pay for it himself. This meant so much to him and I really enjoyed it as well. Sure it would have been better if someone else would do it for me. OH at least thinks of these things now and it means a lot! Praying you find your perfect man soon!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the UK ladies!! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Alice, that's so wonderful they did that for you! Sounds like you had a great day!

AFM, I won't be getting babies room ready as we only have 2 rooms and OH and I are in one and DS is in the other. Coltyn will be going in our room probably either cosleeping or in his crib right beside the bed. OH won't be here for very long after his birth if he is actually here for it. So we'll see what happens from there. But I am working on organizing my room to fit his crib right beside my side of the bed. OH has supposed to been helping me but he's been too busy being lazy all day while he's at home by himself. I told him I want his mom to come over for dinner one day so he better get this house done. HAHA! I can only do so much and lifting all these totes I'm filling up is something I physically can't do!

I have felt Coltyn moving like crazy lately! I was sitting up in the tub last night and I couldn't believe how far up my uterus is at this point! All the updates tell me it's just above my belly button but on Friday I swear I felt him moving about 2 inches above my belly button! And last night when I was sitting up in the tub, it looked like my uterus was about 3 or 4 inches above my belly button! OH couldn't even believe it!

OH!! I wanted to let you ladies know that have been here since the beginning! I saw that lovn.sunshine got her BFP a couple days ago!!

I've had a nano, a touch & now I am on the classic and I love it. I need the 80GB storage and I enjoy that I can put videos & movies on too.

However, if you just want to listen to a few bits of music here and there at work, I recommend starting with the Nano :) xx

yeah i'd really only use it for music for the most part. i like how the nano you can listen to FM radio, but at the same time the touch is only like 50 dollars more and you can put apps on it which would be nice to free up data on my phone because i play a lot of those games :haha:

hope you're all having a lovely weekend ladies. Happy mother's day :D

I got breakfast in bed and a lie in.

Bless them, they all tried to help DH apparently. I ended up with a hard boiled egg that was meant to be soft lol
and some toasted soldiers (which were kind of useless as I had nothing to dip them into lol)
and a slice of bacon, another slice of bread, and more fried cherry tomatoes than I could possibly imagine ever eating haha
and 2 waffles, one with honey on and the other with nutella (but it was only half covered in nutella).
and a can of shandy lmao
oh and not one single utensil to eat all this with *giggles*

and it was all brought to me on a toy-box lid because we haven't got any trays haha

and d'ya know what? It was really nice :D

I also got 3 hand-made cards, 1 shop-bought card, and a box of milk tray chocolates

how sweet!! my hubby tried to make me a soft poached egg for the first time, and ended up serving me a quite hard boiled egg with toast cut into strips for dipping. it's the thought that counts!!
i like how it was served on a toy box lid! :) how resourceful!

Aww my nano is not working and I don't know why. It is sad cause it has a lot of photos and songs on it that I don't know how to retrieve.
I been without internet all day. I finally get online without having DD jump all over me and DH says I was impatient...um no...I been waiting all friggen day. I had to laugh cause I though he was kidding.
We heard back from the real estate agent finally... apparently the owner liked our application but wants us to move in earlier. I said I would need to check up with our current agent to see if it was do-able. We are not 100% about the house as it is further to drive for DH to go to work etc but we are running out on time.
The other house we were considering we wont find out about until Tuesday Lunchtime. It is so hard to find something in the time frame we have and some agents are so rude and don't even call you back.
I hope all have a good night and I didn't know it was mothers day...I am fairly sure here in Australia it is the 2nd week in May?

Bless them, they all tried to help DH apparently. I ended up with a hard boiled egg that was meant to be soft lol
and some toasted soldiers (which were kind of useless as I had nothing to dip them into lol)
and a slice of bacon, another slice of bread, and more fried cherry tomatoes than I could possibly imagine ever eating haha
and 2 waffles, one with honey on and the other with nutella (but it was only half covered in nutella).
and a can of shandy lmao

and it was all brought to me on a toy-box lid because we haven't got any trays haha

I also got 3 hand-made cards, 1 shop-bought card, and a box of milk tray chocolates

how sweet!! my hubby tried to make me a soft poached egg for the first time, and ended up serving me a quite hard boiled egg with toast cut into strips for dipping. it's the thought that counts!!

I thought you were not supposed to eat soft boiled egg while preggers. Thought it was on the no list of foods to prevent listeria. :wacko:

and a can of shandy lmao

I thought you were not supposed to eat soft boiled egg while preggers. Thought it was on the no list of foods to prevent listeria. :wacko:

In england our hens are treated against salmonella the chances of getting it from a runny egg with a lion mark is so slim, you just have to make sure the white is cooked.

We wont have a room for baby girl, as she'll be in our room for the first couple of years. We have bought all the clothes she'll need, and my mother is sewing me up a bunch of diapers, after that we are good to go and dont really need anything else!
Edit-today is viability day!! How exciting! Also, ove gained just over 20lbs now :) I'll post s belly pic shortly

Heres the belly at.24Weeks :)

https://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/jbdclmom/2013-03-10184211_zps8f552168.jpg

oneandtwo - lovely bump. happy V-day!

Yeah but...I don't listen to that to be honest. I've never contracted listeria or food poisoning from eggs in the past 29 years. I'll eat my hat if it happens now ;)
Besides, as Pink Flowers says, the chickens are treated against salmonella anyway.

Just been for my 24 week midwife visit.

Gets into the midwife room at the surgery. There were two midwives in there.

Midwife 1 : "Wow that bump is growing"

Me : "Yeah I guess so"

Midwife 1 : "Oh maybe it's just your belly band making it look big?"

Me : *takes off belly band*

Midwife 1 : "Oh...no...it's not your band. That is a big bump! Can you lie down over here for me?"

Me : *lies down*

Midwife 1 : *prodding my stomach* "Erm...how big were your previous babies?" *looking kind of startled*

Me : "Lydia was 10-10, Alex was 10-1, and Jason was just over 11lbs"

Midwife 1 : *continues to prod with a slightly shocked expression on her face*

Midwife 2 : (from the other side of the room) "Why? Is it measuring big, Helen?"

Midwife 1 : *nodding slightly manically* "Oh yes, YES, this is definitely big for its gestational age.....very big!
*turning back to me* "Have you had diabetes in your pregnancies before?"

Me : "No. I was checked in my second and third pregnancies for gestational diabetes but it always came back negative."

Midwife 1 : "Well....well....erm....this is....BIG!"

Well gee whizz Einstein I wasn't expecting a tiddler here. What on earth did she expect, given the size of my last three?
Talk about making me feel like a circus freak or something! Dear God.

One and two happy v day

Alice your post made me giggle. I can't believe they would just talk about you like that in the room though I would have said hi still here :haha:

Little rant over here my friends sister is sitting In the hospital waiting on her little one to be born. Her water broke (or is leaking) last night however she is only 35 weeks. They said they would rather not induce her for another week to give baby more time to develop they are keeping her to monitor her and baby till its time to Deliver and for whatever reason all she can do is complain about having to stay In the hospital and wanting her baby to hurry up and come out :shock: don't get me wrong I do understand that being stuck in the hospital would suck but really it's only a week! I personally would suck it up if I knew it was best for my baby joy be wishing them out...grrr

Okay end rant. I just had to get it out as I obviously can't and won't say anything to her about it. It just something that frustrates me and makes me sad.

Can't catch up much but hope you ball had a wonderful mothers day!!!!
I'm 20 weeks today and have my ultrasound Wednesday. Here is my 20 week bump. :thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_20130311_094638_226.jpg
    IMG_20130311_094638_226.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 4

and a can of shandy lmao

Aww, how cute glad you had a good day.
Sorry I have not been around much! Last week was midterms and I finally had a chance to relax a bit come Friday...nope, instead I got sick :( Spring Break is this week so I should be grateful to not miss work/classes but it sucks to be spending some of it in bed. My kitties are all surrounding me and my dog is "guarding" the door while husband is at work :haha:

I'm on my phone so sorry I'm not replying to everyone. We had our anatomy scan on Monday and Aisling is developing as she should :) She was very shy with her hands in front of her face and her knees together so they booked me for another ultrasound to confirm girl on April 1st...I certainly didn't argue! :haha:

Hope you feel better soon. Great to hear Aisling is developing well :) x x

Hi ladies!

Has anyone started getting the babys room ready? I haven't done or bought anything yet, but im thinking we should since our spare room is the game room & exercise room right now. Time to start clearing it out while i have energy now! :). Good thing we can keep the color the same. We are having a boy & the room is already green, a really pretty olive green.

We have sort of decorated the nursery but its part of a on-going house renovation which is progressing very slowly. Yours sounds lovely.

Aww, happy mothers day :hugs: Hope next year is better for you x x

Aww my nano is not working and I don't know why. It is sad cause it has a lot of photos and songs on it that I don't know how to retrieve.
I been without internet all day. I finally get online without having DD jump all over me and DH says I was impatient...um no...I been waiting all friggen day. I had to laugh cause I though he was kidding.
We heard back from the real estate agent finally... apparently the owner liked our application but wants us to move in earlier. I said I would need to check up with our current agent to see if it was do-able. We are not 100% about the house as it is further to drive for DH to go to work etc but we are running out on time.
The other house we were considering we wont find out about until Tuesday Lunchtime. It is so hard to find something in the time frame we have and some agents are so rude and don't even call you back.
I hope all have a good night and I didn't know it was mothers day...I am fairly sure here in Australia it is the 2nd week in May?

Fingers crossed you can get the house sorted out x

Heres the belly at.24Weeks :)

Cute pic x

Just been for my 24 week midwife visit.

Gets into the midwife room at the surgery. There were two midwives in there.

Midwife 1 : "Wow that bump is growing"

Me : "Yeah I guess so"

Midwife 1 : "Oh maybe it's just your belly band making it look big?"

Me : *takes off belly band*

Midwife 1 : "Oh...no...it's not your band. That is a big bump! Can you lie down over here for me?"

Me : *lies down*

Midwife 1 : *prodding my stomach* "Erm...how big were your previous babies?" *looking kind of startled*

Me : "Lydia was 10-10, Alex was 10-1, and Jason was just over 11lbs"

Midwife 1 : *continues to prod with a slightly shocked expression on her face*

Midwife 2 : (from the other side of the room) "Why? Is it measuring big, Helen?"

Midwife 1 : *nodding slightly manically* "Oh yes, YES, this is definitely big for its gestational age.....very big!
*turning back to me* "Have you had diabetes in your pregnancies before?"

Me : "No. I was checked in my second and third pregnancies for gestational diabetes but it always came back negative."

Midwife 1 : "Well....well....erm....this is....BIG!"

Well gee whizz Einstein I wasn't expecting a tiddler here. What on earth did she expect, given the size of my last three?
Talk about making me feel like a circus freak or something! Dear God.

Wow, did she miss the class on tact or what! Way to make a mum to be feel good about herself!

Can't catch up much but hope you ball had a wonderful mothers day!!!!
I'm 20 weeks today and have my ultrasound Wednesday. Here is my 20 week bump. :thumbup:

Cute bump pic x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"