~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

It's a kanga, a traditional African carrier :) we don't use a pram here, just Babywear :)

Us too :) so its,like a Moby wrap? Im getting ready to make a ring sling as i've heard they are the easiest to breastfeed in! We already have a Moby and mei tai, but have heard they aren't the easiest for breastfeeding, I never tried it with my kiddo, always took hin out to feed him. Don't think I'll have time for that with this one!

To be honest a moby is great for feeding in - I used a stretch wrap to feed both of mine - it can be done in a cradle hold or in an upright hold and tilt them to the side. Ring slings are great BUT they have a much steeper learning curve than that of a stretch or MT.
Do you have a sling library or babywearing group near you that you could go and try out carriers and get hands on advice? I run the sling library here :)

There is not a place where I can try various slings, but I am part of a baby wearing group, they are who adviced me to use a ring sling instead of Moby for nursing. I loved my Moby for my son up until 5-6mos old. Then I made the mei tai and loved iy, I could carry my 35lbs son on my back, only problem was my center of gravity cause I didnt weigh much! Lol are you relatively hands free while nursing in the Moby? Is the kanga a brand name, or a type of wrap?

Yes, hands-free except to latch on/off or pop boob in or out. I liked feeding in the cradle hold because it's the way I would hold my babies to feed but obviously everyone is different. I found feeding in an upright hold was great for on the bus or in a restaurant where space was a little more limited? I can still carry my 4yr old in a woven wrap, MT or pod :)

Okay I've updated the front page with all the info I have, please let me know if you've been missed [preferably by pm!] and/or check the front page to see if your info is correct :)

We had a fun morning at playgroup with DD. She always loves running around with the other kids. She came home and slept for an hour and a half and is just finishing off some animal cookies. Grandma may come by later this afternoon. It will create a diversion from all the house hunting. I need a break from it all. Tomorrow if it is sunny I want to take DD on a picnic with some other friends. The weather has been random lately. Got my next appointment coming up on Friday. Looking forward to having the DH at home this weekend. YAY!

It's a kanga, a traditional African carrier :) we don't use a pram here, just Babywear :)

Us too :) so its,like a Moby wrap? Im getting ready to make a ring sling as i've heard they are the easiest to breastfeed in! We already have a Moby and mei tai, but have heard they aren't the easiest for breastfeeding, I never tried it with my kiddo, always took hin out to feed him. Don't think I'll have time for that with this one!

To be honest a moby is great for feeding in - I used a stretch wrap to feed both of mine - it can be done in a cradle hold or in an upright hold and tilt them to the side. Ring slings are great BUT they have a much steeper learning curve than that of a stretch or MT.
Do you have a sling library or babywearing group near you that you could go and try out carriers and get hands on advice? I run the sling library here :)

There is not a place where I can try various slings, but I am part of a baby wearing group, they are who adviced me to use a ring sling instead of Moby for nursing. I loved my Moby for my son up until 5-6mos old. Then I made the mei tai and loved iy, I could carry my 35lbs son on my back, only problem was my center of gravity cause I didnt weigh much! Lol are you relatively hands free while nursing in the Moby? Is the kanga a brand name, or a type of wrap?

Yes, hands-free except to latch on/off or pop boob in or out. I liked feeding in the cradle hold because it's the way I would hold my babies to feed but obviously everyone is different. I found feeding in an upright hold was great for on the bus or in a restaurant where space was a little more limited? I can still carry my 4yr old in a woven wrap, MT or pod :)

Ive never really thought about slings and thing untill i saw your post, ive found out that there is a 'sling meet' near me. Im quite interested getting one now.
going to the sling meeting; is it some thing i should do before or after baby is born? Havent a clue where to start! lol

There are a lot of baby wearing groups on facebook that you could hook up with that can find useful information even selling/buying second hand slings or carriers.

Hope everyone is doing well!! I'm having a very hard time adjusting to the time change. Losing an hour of sleep doesn't seem like I should be this tired so I wonder if baby is going through a growth spurt also. Having a very hard time keeping my eyes open at work! Have a great day everyone! can't believe I'm already at 24 weeks!!! It just seems so unreal! Down to 16 weeks left!!!!

Ive never really thought about slings and thing untill i saw your post, ive found out that there is a 'sling meet' near me. Im quite interested getting one now.
going to the sling meeting; is it some thing i should do before or after baby is born? Havent a clue where to start! lol

Go before! It will help you get to know everyone without having to focus on a newborn at the same time AND make it less daunting for you. Chances are I know [online] whoever is running the meet as we have groups to keep sling meets and libraries in touch :) We have a number of ladies that come to our meets when they are pregnant to prepare for babywearing and learn what they can. I was still wearing my daughter up until my son was born and will probably be wearing him all the way up until I'm due also!! We don't use a pram at all which saves boot space, encourages breastfeeding AND helps your baby regulate it's temperature, breathing AND heartrate amongst other benefits of babywearing. It also leaves me hands free to cook, clean or look after my other child. I love that I don't have to leave my child to cry [I'm not saying anyone here does!!] to be able to do certain things especially as Atticus was one who never wanted to be put down. He's less clingy as he has gotten older but I think wearing him has given him the confidence to not need me as much, he is secure and knows I'm here when he needs me which means he's quite happy with people he doesn't know!! I could ramble for days about babywearing in case you didn't realise!!

Okay maybe some TMI but anyone's else boobs already leaking some kind of fluid? My nipples were crusty so I was wipping it away and there was more fluid. I'm a little confused isn't it to early for this lol

Okay maybe some TMI but anyone's else boobs already leaking some kind of fluid? My nipples were crusty so I was wipping it away and there was more fluid. I'm a little confused isn't it to early for this lol

I have a friend pregnant with her first who started leaking fluid at 23 weeks. She said it was so unexpected but totally normal :) She wears those small flat cotton pads (that one would use for make up removal I guess?) in her bra because she said it could get smelly! :blush:

I leat fluid as well, I've expressed colostrum already too. My doc said since I was lactating/breastfeeding when I got pregnant it's very likely instead of drying up my body just changed the production to colostrum!

yep though tbh mine have always leaked a little since I was about 18 years old or so. Weird I know considering I never got pregnant until I was 21 the first time round. Just one of those things I guess for me.

I've not leaked any boob fluid yet - I do have a good look daily though at the changes going on in the nipple area - freaky! I half expect one day to start quirting milk!

24 wks and heartburn is hitting me hard! Here's my V-Day bump :)

Attachments

• 24wkbump.jpg
    24wkbump.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 4

It's definately not just you, I've noticed some whitish crust on mine and when squeezed a bit of clear fluid. Freaked out my hubbie when he made them leak during some hanky panky..now he won't get near them during sex lol.:wacko:

I'm not leaking yet, I only leaked when my milk came in with DS1

Lovely bump abagail x

I am definitely planning on getting a Moby and we have another carrier, not the sling style. I honestly don't know much about babywearing but we want to, we won't exclusively wear her but I like having the option. I guess it really depends on what we're doing and what we all end up preferring :)

Miss Bellum, thank you! I am starting to feel better but asthma is still getting to me so I'm taking it easy :)

Happy V-day to the ladies who have it 24 weeks recently! And your bumps just keep getting better and better! :D I forgot to take a bump pic this week with not feeling well, hopefully I'll remember to take one a little later so I still have a 23 week one.

Jsmom, we had been working on her room for a while but have now started working on the downstairs. There really isn't anything more we can do in her room at the moment and the downstairs needs a lot of work with all of the rearranging we have done. We also need to work on our room, she will be sleeping in our room at first and it is messy :haha:

Sue, I'm wayyyy late, but happy Mother's Day! :D

Eve, I love the picture of you and Atticus! So sweet! What a handsome little guy :D I am glad you have been feeling better lately :happydance:

ProudArmyWife, I can understand your frustration! I would love for Aisling to come a tad early because I am so anxious to meet her, but never at the cost of her health! I will be happy to meet her when she is ready :) I knew someone who was, to be honest, quite possibly the most annoying pregnant woman in the world. All she did was complain and at one point she wanted her baby to come early (though was at least aware that baby shouldn't come TOO early) and then she was told she had to be induced early and complained that baby wouldn't be born around the due date. :dohh: Happy V-day yesterday and hope you are sleeping better!

Alice, I have a feeling I will be having an epidural too :haha: I would love to birth naturally but I am not opposed to having an epidural if I need/want it.

Libbysmum, my crazy girl has been wild really low too! I have an anterior placenta so I can't feel the kicks in the middle near my belly button at all, but I constantly feel punching in my pubic bone. I'm sorry the house search has been so exhausting! I hope you find something perfect very soon :)

Pink Flowers, congrats on the little boy!! :happydance:

JJsmom, I hear you on losing an hour! I am lucky and have the week off, but I have been sleeping a lot and feel like I just can't catch up. Congrats on your V-day! :happydance:

MissFox, how did your ultrasound go today? :D

I have had leaky boobs for ages now :haha: But just the past couple of weeks it has been a lot more coming out. I mean, it's not THAT much I guess but it is definitely enough to notice. I'm thinking I may need to get breast pads soon :wacko: Nothing embarrassing yet so I guess that's good lol, though I have been a bit paranoid lately!

I am feeling a bit better today. My husband gets off work in a couple of hours and we are going to a friend's house for a bit. I feel bad because we haven't done much with his friends lately, they like to go out to bars and such a lot, so a night in and games should be fun. It will be a nice break from cleaning/organizing. I really want to get rid of a lot of the things we don't use anymore that is just cluttering up the house.

I hope you are all well!

Evening everyone, hope you are all doing well.

No leaking here (yet!) so another thing to look forward to!

Nothing really happening here at all, I can feel occasional movements but nothing that can be felt from the outside.

Hope everyone is doing well!! I'm having a very hard time adjusting to the time change. Losing an hour of sleep doesn't seem like I should be this tired so I wonder if baby is going through a growth spurt also. Having a very hard time keeping my eyes open at work! Have a great day everyone! can't believe I'm already at 24 weeks!!! It just seems so unreal! Down to 16 weeks left!!!!

Happy V day! I sympathise, I hate it when the clocks go forward over here.

24 wks and heartburn is hitting me hard! Here's my V-Day bump :)

Happy V day - cute bump pic x

Alana I was having severe heart burn problems real bad I was vomiting and getting hardly no sleep and a friend recommended I get Zantac medicine from the Doctors. I was taking Mylanta but it gave me the runs. Since taking it I haven't vomited once and had better sleep at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->