~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I got DH to take a pic while Atticus was in the kanga :)
https://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/Aaisrie/Moon/E27520F8-49EE-4043-A106-71C53E9ED55D-3711-000001D1D85AC1DA_zpsf3985089.jpg

Alice omgosh those midwives sure know how to make a pregnant lady feel good! NOT! Proud Army wife...part of me is thinking how nice it would be to have a baby at 35wks! Mine probably should have been induced earlier because of my high blood pressure but we ended up having a spontaneous labour at 40 wks then after hours in pain finally emergency c-section and a giant 9 pounder. Thinking if we had her early she would have been a bit skinnier...lol Right now she is sitting at the table painting and drinking the dirty paint water...gross!
She has started biting...omg she bit me twice today and left bruises it was painful! I don't know why she is doing it. Maybe teething? or just being naughty?

oneandtwo - lovely bump. happy V-day!

I thought you were not supposed to eat soft boiled egg while preggers. Thought it was on the no list of foods to prevent listeria. :wacko:

Yeah but...I don't listen to that to be honest. I've never contracted listeria or food poisoning from eggs in the past 29 years. I'll eat my hat if it happens now ;)
Besides, as Pink Flowers says, the chickens are treated against salmonella anyway.

Just been for my 24 week midwife visit.

Gets into the midwife room at the surgery. There were two midwives in there.

Midwife 1 : "Wow that bump is growing"

Me : "Yeah I guess so"

Midwife 1 : "Oh maybe it's just your belly band making it look big?"

Me : *takes off belly band*

Midwife 1 : "Oh...no...it's not your band. That is a big bump! Can you lie down over here for me?"

Me : *lies down*

Midwife 1 : *prodding my stomach* "Erm...how big were your previous babies?" *looking kind of startled*

Me : "Lydia was 10-10, Alex was 10-1, and Jason was just over 11lbs"

Midwife 1 : *continues to prod with a slightly shocked expression on her face*

Midwife 2 : (from the other side of the room) "Why? Is it measuring big, Helen?"

Midwife 1 : *nodding slightly manically* "Oh yes, YES, this is definitely big for its gestational age.....very big!
*turning back to me* "Have you had diabetes in your pregnancies before?"

Me : "No. I was checked in my second and third pregnancies for gestational diabetes but it always came back negative."

Midwife 1 : "Well....well....erm....this is....BIG!"

Well gee whizz Einstein I wasn't expecting a tiddler here. What on earth did she expect, given the size of my last three?
Talk about making me feel like a circus freak or something! Dear God.

ha! some midwives are really blunt, my midwife blatantly mentioned to me that i had gained more weight than i should have since my last visit. it was only a few pounds more than the "target" weight, and honestly i almost cried because i was feeling very sensitive about my weight as my bump was in that 'in-between' phase of looking pudgy and not quite bumpy yet.. oops :wacko:

how were your birth experiences with those big babes?? :) were they natural/cesaerean? i am just curious because my midwives told me that if baby is over a certain size they won't allow me to use the water tub, which makes me want to lay on the floor and throw a complete temper tantrum. :brat:

Eve-what kind of carrier is that, exactly?he looks so comfy back there!!

It's a kanga, a traditional African carrier :) we don't use a pram here, just Babywear :)

Alice omgosh those midwives sure know how to make a pregnant lady feel good! NOT! Proud Army wife...part of me is thinking how nice it would be to have a baby at 35wks! Mine probably should have been induced earlier because of my high blood pressure but we ended up having a spontaneous labour at 40 wks then after hours in pain finally emergency c-section and a giant 9 pounder. Thinking if we had her early she would have been a bit skinnier...lol Right now she is sitting at the table painting and drinking the dirty paint water...gross!
She has started biting...omg she bit me twice today and left bruises it was painful! I don't know why she is doing it. Maybe teething? or just being naughty?

I can totally appreciate that she is over being pregnant and just wants her baby but even after being told baby's lungs aren't developed she is still wishing baby out :shrug: probably just me being and emotional pregnant woman :haha:
I've been close to the family since high school though and just want the baby to be healthy.

Eww to the dirty paint water :haha: don't you love when they act out. Has she ever bit you before while teething? I would say its probably more acting out. I'm not sure though as dd never had a biting stage. Hopefully I don't jinx myself by saying this :haha:

I have come to the conclusion that insomnia has kicked in for me. It is now 3:48 am and I'm sitting here wide awake even though I'm tired as a dog :cry: on a happy note though its my baby girls Vday :cloud9: :happydance: only 3 short weeks to go till third tri!!!!!

how were your birth experiences with those big babes?? :) were they natural/cesaerean? i am just curious because my midwives told me that if baby is over a certain size they won't allow me to use the water tub, which makes me want to lay on the floor and throw a complete temper tantrum. :brat:

All three were birthed vaginally, but DS1 had to have ventouse and forceps because the cord was around his neck.

I have no experience of water tubs. I had inductions (not only were they big, they were all stubborn) so I had the prostin gel, and then the drip.

And I'm a big wuss of course so I had epidurals for all of them :blush:

I can feel the little guy jumping about and my pubic bone has been so aching and sore today. I hope it passes. Been down in the dumps a bit today cause we missed out on another house...I just feel like giving up the hunt cause I am tired of the knock backs.
Couldn't be bothered making dinner so opened a can of soup and made toast...better get my act back in gear tomorrow and cook something better!

I don't want to jinx things BUT I'm not feeling horrendous today and would love it if everyone could pm me their baby's sex and any difference in edd and I'll try and get them all updated!!

It's a kanga, a traditional African carrier :) we don't use a pram here, just Babywear :)

Us too :) so its,like a Moby wrap? Im getting ready to make a ring sling as i've heard they are the easiest to breastfeed in! We already have a Moby and mei tai, but have heard they aren't the easiest for breastfeeding, I never tried it with my kiddo, always took hin out to feed him. Don't think I'll have time for that with this one!

I don't want to jinx things BUT I'm not feeling horrendous today and would love it if everyone could pm me their baby's sex and any difference in edd and I'll try and get them all updated!!

Done :)

Us too :) so its,like a Moby wrap? Im getting ready to make a ring sling as i've heard they are the easiest to breastfeed in! We already have a Moby and mei tai, but have heard they aren't the easiest for breastfeeding, I never tried it with my kiddo, always took hin out to feed him. Don't think I'll have time for that with this one!

To be honest a moby is great for feeding in - I used a stretch wrap to feed both of mine - it can be done in a cradle hold or in an upright hold and tilt them to the side. Ring slings are great BUT they have a much steeper learning curve than that of a stretch or MT.
Do you have a sling library or babywearing group near you that you could go and try out carriers and get hands on advice? I run the sling library here :)

Okay I've update the first page from what I can see going through the pages of the thread but no doubt I've missed dates/sexes or people!!!

You've got my little girl down but my due date is now the 7th!
THANK YOU for your hard work!

To be honest a moby is great for feeding in - I used a stretch wrap to feed both of mine - it can be done in a cradle hold or in an upright hold and tilt them to the side. Ring slings are great BUT they have a much steeper learning curve than that of a stretch or MT.
Do you have a sling library or babywearing group near you that you could go and try out carriers and get hands on advice? I run the sling library here :)

There is not a place where I can try various slings, but I am part of a baby wearing group, they are who adviced me to use a ring sling instead of Moby for nursing. I loved my Moby for my son up until 5-6mos old. Then I made the mei tai and loved iy, I could carry my 35lbs son on my back, only problem was my center of gravity cause I didnt weigh much! Lol are you relatively hands free while nursing in the Moby? Is the kanga a brand name, or a type of wrap?

I got DH to take a pic while Atticus was in the kanga :)

What a cute picture!

Glad you are feeling better, hope it lasts!

I dont need updating on the front page, date is still accurate and we are still not sure if it is a boy/girl so may as well stay team yellow. Thanks for your all work in getting the list updated. Anon did have a temporary list that he was updating, so dont know if that is useful to you at all?

I can feel the little guy jumping about and my pubic bone has been so aching and sore today. I hope it passes. Been down in the dumps a bit today cause we missed out on another house...I just feel like giving up the hunt cause I am tired of the knock backs.
Couldn't be bothered making dinner so opened a can of soup and made toast...better get my act back in gear tomorrow and cook something better!

Sorry to hear the house fell through, hopefully you will get the next one :hugs:

We are having a boy1

Congrats on your boy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"