~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Alice...I only taught lower grades so we didn't do those...I only ever gave homework that the kids could do on their own or with guidance from parents. I don't see the point of giving them stuff like that when parents do it all.

My DD still is chesty. I have got some more eucalyptus room spray which will hopefully help her breath. Am suppose to hear about the house application today...its almost 3pm and I heard nothing...starting to worry!

Hello everyone sorry I havent been around much, can never get on properly these days!

Alice thats totally awful about that poor mum :(

How is everyone else I will try and update more often

xxx

hi everyone! hope you are all ok?

24 weeks!!!:thumbup:

does any one have any experience with a TENs machine? am thinking of getting one.

Alice, those are adorable!

ProudArmyWife, thank you for the description! I definitely have not had any yet, fine by me lol.

As for me, I'm crazy exhausted...completely ready for a nap. I made really good chicken alfredo in the crockpot yesterday. I'm a terrible cook but you can't really mess this recipe up :haha: Looking forward to leftovers!

Evening all, hope everyone is doing well.

Anon was finally able to feel bean from the outside, so thats been exciting for him :) No other news really.

Alice - At least the egg project is out of the way now! I have to confess, that sort of thing is one I am not looking forward to as I am useless at any arty stuff! Bean better hope for artistic talent on his own account!

Before we left, I saw my 17 year old cousin had posted a video of him going from about 20 to 100mph in someone's car...I don't know whose because he just recently totaled his parent's car. I don't get along well with that side of the family (my step-dad's family, my step-dad and I don't get along the greatest, we are civil and he likes to talk sports with me but that's about it). My mom doesn't get along with them either, honestly I feel so bad for her having such terrible in-laws :( Anyway, he's my cousin and I don't want him to get hurt (or hurt someone else) so I emailed the info to my step-dad. He was actually very good about it, he didn't get mad at me or anything. I also forwarded it to my mom but told her that I don't think she should say anything since his family doesn't treat her well and probably wouldn't believe it coming from her. I'm guessing the family knows now, the video has been taken off his page and my mom made a status about difficult in-laws. :dohh: I should also say, his parents/grandma covered the accident up (the one that totaled his parent's car) by saying that he was "only going under the speed limit of 30mph" and "a deer caused the accident"...obvious lies based on where the accident happened. They do this stuff with him, he screws up and they cover it up. I'm honestly terrified of him hurting himself because they won't discipline him (he's not an unruly, rebellious kid either...they just NEVER discipline him so he does what he wants). I know I did the right thing by letting an adult near him know (we live in a different state and he and I aren't close enough for him to listen to my warnings of driving so recklessly) but it seems my mom is paying the price for it. :nope: I almost wish I hadn't told her but I felt she needed to know because I don't think she'd want my little brother (11 years old) EVER in the car with him knowing this information!

On a happier note, we ended up getting an exercise ball while we were out. I'm excited to give it a try! We had started our daily workouts up again before we both got sick so I want to get back to doing those again too.

Can't believe the parents would just cover up things like that! Sounds like a major accident waiting to happen to him or someone else. I think you did the right thing by bringing it up. You might not be able to do anything about him, but at least you can let other family members know and make sure they dont get in a car with him ever.

Hope you enjoyed St Patricks day even if you couldn't have a drink :)

love the name!!! hubby doesn't like any names ive picked and wont tell me any he likes hes being stubborn because he had a bunch of boy names picked out and were having another girl so i guess hes still kind of disappointed unfortunately but i like charlotte or riley right now but it changes daily!!

We are still having difficulties picking a name too. Charlotte or Riley are both nice names, but I guess there still plenty of time to choose.

Alice...I only taught lower grades so we didn't do those...I only ever gave homework that the kids could do on their own or with guidance from parents. I don't see the point of giving them stuff like that when parents do it all.

My DD still is chesty. I have got some more eucalyptus room spray which will hopefully help her breath. Am suppose to hear about the house application today...its almost 3pm and I heard nothing...starting to worry!

Hope your DD is better soon. Keeping fingers crossed for your house application.

does any one have any experience with a TENs machine? am thinking of getting one.

Congrats on 24 weeks :) No experience with TENS, but I think if you are a member of the NCT you can hire them?

Hi, I am thinking of getting one too. Not sure whether to buy or not?
I may buy as I like having something that is my own - then i'll re-coop the money on eBay :thumbup:

Have no experience with them but will start my research soon. Have heard they are a god send!

A friend sent me a link for a free nursing pillow. This might just be for in the States- not certain if they ship outside.

Go to https://www.nursingpillow.com/

When you're ready to check out, just enter the code WTE, and you'll get 100% off the nursing pillow of your choice (you'll just pay for shipping).

Most of the designs are on backorder but should ship by June 10

A friend sent me a link for a free nursing pillow. This might just be for in the States- not certain if they ship outside.

Go to https://www.nursingpillow.com/

When you're ready to check out, just enter the code WTE, and you'll get 100% off the nursing pillow of your choice (you'll just pay for shipping).

Most of the designs are on backorder but should ship by June 10

Just checked it out...the minky ones look awesome, too bad I already have a nursing pillow :(

Oh, they ship to the US, Canada and Austrailia...shipping cost changes, depending on where you are

I just ordered the pillow, us and Australia is who they ship too. Once you order they give you codes for other websites for a nursing cover, carseat cover and sling! Ive tried the slings they are promo-ing and they sucked

A friend of mine has a TENS machine as she has back problems and she loves it. She said it is just as cheap to buy one as to rent one and she got hers for about $100 from her physiotherapist.
maybe I should just "borrow" it when I go into labour...must ask her how it works and if it would be okay.
Last time I gave birth I wished to God that I had my heat pillow. I am def. bringing it this time round. Not so much for the birth but the After pains...I had server pain after I had DD it was almost as bad as the actual labour pain but lasted longer probably 2 or 3 days...anyone else experience after pains from giving birth? My side really hurt for about a month or two afterwards too.

I've heard the after pains are quite severe. It's definitely the part of birth people forget to mention I think!

3am here and I'm wide awake :-(

So exciting...we just got a phone call from the real estate saying we are approved on the house...hooray! here is a photo of the bathroom area.:thumbup:

Attachments

• bath.jpg
    bath.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 39
Hmm I don't recall having much for after pains I mean my lady business didn't feel 100% obviously :haha: but the only other pain I had was a few stomach pains when my uterus would contract for the whole shrinking process but that really wasn't anything worse than period pains to me...maybe I just got lucky :flower:

25 weeks today :) my baby girls 2nd birthday is in exactly 1 week and only 2 weeks till 3rd tri :happydance: so much exciting stuff coming up!

I had mild cramping after both kids, but not what I'd classify as after pains....I probably just jinxed myself, lol:dohh:

So it's half 7 evening here and I'm curled up in bed. Had 2-3 hours sleep last night so I'm super tired!

Had my 25w midwife appointment today - everything fab but completely forgot to ask for my MATB1 form!! :dohh: so I'll be giving them a ring in the morning to try & get it because I want to give in my letter by this week as I am off to Tenerife for two weeks on Friday :happydance:

Yes, I talked to my sister in-law and she only had the after pains for her middle child the other two kids she seemed like you and just had period like cramping. It isn't fun at all I could barely walk to the bathroom it hurt so bad. I guess every birth must be different and maybe not all women get them.
DD is still sick coughing and spluttering and her nose is still a fountain. I took her to a Doctor but they just said she should get over it on her own. I gave her Panadol and some runny nose medicine and coating her chest with vapor rub ...hope in a couple of days she wont be as congested.
Will be depositing some $ today to secure our approval later today. There are a few things I want them to fix up before we move in so I will be having them write it up in the contract so we don't get screwed over. I guess we will move over the Easter weekend.

Got my official confirmation of maternity leave from work today! ML starts on the 5 July but I have 3 weeks of holiday first so will be leaving on 14 June. It all works out well, as I have a weeks holiday next week and with various bank holidays and days off, have loads of short weeks in between :happydance:

So exciting...we just got a phone call from the real estate saying we are approved on the house...hooray! here is a photo of the bathroom area.:thumbup:

Congratulations on the house! Bathroom looks nice :)

So it's half 7 evening here and I'm curled up in bed. Had 2-3 hours sleep last night so I'm super tired!

Had my 25w midwife appointment today - everything fab but completely forgot to ask for my MATB1 form!! :dohh: so I'll be giving them a ring in the morning to try & get it because I want to give in my letter by this week as I am off to Tenerife for two weeks on Friday :happydance:

Hope you are able to catch up on some sleep tonight. Good to hear all was well at the 25 week appointment. I got my form about a week ago - Just needed to pop in with confirmation of the 20 week scan, but as your midwife has already seen this, presumably you can just drop in & pick up the form?

2 weeks in Tenerife sounds lovely, have a great time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->