~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Oh and as far as approaching your doctor about fewer internals I would just be straight forward. Ill probably bring it up with my midwife the appt before she would normally start doing them.

Have any of you hired someone to photograph the birth? I found a girl who will come to the hospital and be there as long as i.want her there. Im a really private person, but REALLY think it'd be nice to have the whole thing documented as a surprise for DH. its $150 for.20 images plus disk and copy rights. She said she'd do 40 images for me including coming to my house after we get home to photographthe baby with her brothers and that would be $250.

What do y'all think?? If any one has experience of this please share!!

Have any of you hired someone to photograph the birth? I found a girl who will come to the hospital and be there as long as i.want her there. Im a really private person, but REALLY think it'd be nice to have the whole thing documented as a surprise for DH. its $150 for.20 images plus disk and copy rights. She said she'd do 40 images for me including coming to my house after we get home to photographthe baby with her brothers and that would be $250.

I think that will be a really wonderful surprise for DH. It must be hard on him to not be able to be there with you-- though more challenging on your end for sure. :hugs:

I'd have it done if my husband couldn't be there. Price doesn't seem to outrageous. I'd go on pinterest and choose a selection of photos that I liked so she knew what kind of shots I wanted.

Myra, thank you for your story! It makes me feel a little hopeful of the outcome!

Becca, hope Jessa feels much better soon!!!

oneandtwo, If you have the money to spare, I'd take the pics! The price to me isn't too bad and with your husband not able to be there, I'm sure he'd love that surprise when he gets home! What a great idea!!

Well, today I decided I'm going to change my diet up and eat much healthier foods and get walking in a couple times a day! I got a phone call this morning from my doc, I failed my glucose test. Now I have to go back in there for the 3 hour test in which I have to fast and on top of that, they want me in there as close as possible to 8am to have me out of there by lunch time. So I'm turning this into a positive and going to make much healthier choices for the family! (even though DS tells me that it better not be yucky food because he wont eat it if it isn't good) LOL!!!

Thank you for the input girls, do you think it would be uncomfortable at all? Im hoping she just blends.in like one of the nurses and I dont even notice! Lol

Thank you for the input girls, do you think it would be uncomfortable at all? Im hoping she just blends.in like one of the nurses and I dont even notice! Lol

I would think she'd blend in. I've only had one child so far but during that birth I only remember my doc, DS's dad and my mom in the room. But I know there were tons of others.

Ya, with my first there were apparently 15+ doctors/nurses in the room/hallway.waiting for me to deliver. I delivered with the door open and didnt know it til afterward! I really Hope its like that.

Here is my 26 week bump, it seems to have grown a lot all of a sudden!! Baby is very active this morning, lots of kicking, think he is telling me to get up out of bed!! Lol
My hubby has decided that it is his job to decorate the nursery, won't let me near a paint brush! Think he is nesting more than me!!

On a random note has any ones belly buttons popped out yet, hubb is waiting for mine to turn from an innie to an outie.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 2
My belly button popped out a long time ago, but its broken so im not sure its normal for it to pop so early (before 20wks, for me)

My belly button wont pop out. OH was wanting it to but I explained to him that mine wont.

I'm wondering if my belly button will! But mine seems really deep so not sure!

3rd tri woo hoooooo :happydance:

My belly button hasn't popped but has gotten very shallow! It drives me crazy cause I normally have a super deep belly button. I was so worried about it popping with dd but it never actually did just went completely flat so here's hoping for the same this time :haha:

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well.

Had a good week, went to see Anon's mum on Tuesday, saw some Roman remains Weds and visited his sister on Weds/Thurs. As they live at the opposite end of the country we dont get to see them often. Not the most exciting trip, but it was good to get out of the house whilst the builders took down ceilings and chimney breasts in the front room. Hopefully before too much longer, we will actually have a working bathroom! Our 3 cats were not best pleased as they had to go to a cattery for a week and came back to a completely rearranged house.

Bump is getting bigger by the day and is far more active now. Anon can also feel it more often. I seem to be pretty lucky, and seem to having a pretty easy time of things. Fingers crossed it continues!

Proudarmy wife – cute bump pic x My hubby is the opposite, he is keen on getting things done but given the state of our house, I am just not convinced it is worth it.

Missfox – cute bump pic x

Pitty – Welcome & congratulations x x

Breadsticks – hope work gets less hectic soon. I'm getting more comments on the bump too.

Jjsmom – Sorry to hear about your aunt. Thinking of you and sending good wishes your way. Good luck with the new health regime.

Beccamichelle – hope your little girl is better soon. Sucks to hear your sofa is broken, I hate shopping for sofas, its so annoying. Everything seems to be huge and we only have a little house.

Alannadee – Cute bump pic x

sue-88 – Glad you had a good holiday. Here we are at the 3rd trimester finally!

Has anyone started thinking about their hospital bag?

All being well mine will just be sitting near the front door & not used but I think it sensible to pack a full bag - just in case.

I've been thinking about it recently and have written my list - just now thinking about buying things!

Has anyone started thinking about their hospital bag?

All being well mine will just be sitting near the front door & not used but I think it sensible to pack a full bag - just in case.

I've been thinking about it recently and have written my list - just now thinking about buying things!

Given that we've been told to expect a premie, I've been thinking that I should pack a bag. Not sure what all to put in it, other than the basics- pajamas, change of clothes, toothbrush....can you share your list Sue? Thanks!!

I've started thinking about my bag. Will probably start buying little bits and pieces around 30 weeks and will make sure it's all put together by like 34-35

Some essentials I know I will be buying will be travel soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo and conditioner (yes most places provide these things but I'm picky :haha:)

Ill be buying the pads that I like because I hate the hospital ones. Hmmm I don't remember what else I took other than change of clothing for me and dh.
I took my boppy pillow with me, clothes and socks hats and things for baby and a blanket that I loved for her :)

My hospital supplies diapers so probably won't take any of mine with me. Have camera with batteries and extra charger ready. Will need phone chargers

Oh socks that you don't mind throwing away or slippers hospital floors can be icky lol

I'm sure there's probably more ill think about later but that's just something's that popped into my head :)

still have not started packing mines. But, has been a nagging thought so I guess I should get it started. Good luck to you all getting it together:thumbup:

Nope, haven't thought about a bag. I'll probably pack it while im in labor :D

Of course Myra! Here you go:

For Mummy:
Maternity Notes
Pillow
Nighty x 2 – birth
Pyjamas x 2 – after birth
Light weight dressing gown (MAYBE)
Socks x 5
Black knickers x 20
Disposable knickers x 5 pack (MAYBE)
Nursing bra x 2
Slippers
Flip Flops
Maternity Pads x 20 (up to 40)
(reusable cloth) Breast Pads x 10
Joggers & Tops (or maxi dress)
Small bin liners for dirty items

Shampoo (mini)
Conditioner (mini)
Shower Gel (mini)
Shower Scrunchie/Flannel
Towels (DARK COLOUR) x 2
Deodorant
Body Lotion
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Lipsil / Vaseline
Nipple cream
Anti-bacterial gel
Hairbrush
Hair Bands
Make-up & Make-up wipes
Contact Lenses & Glasses
Pocket Tissues x 2 packs
Paracetamol
Hairdryer (MAYBE)
Instant Ice Packs/Cooling gel

Mobile Phone & Charger
Camera & Charger
MP3 Player, Headphones & Mini Speaker
Book & Magazine
Telephone Numbers
Money

Small cool bag – inside big bag
Snacks (sarnies / crisps / chocs)
Sweets
Frozen water bottles x 3
Lucozade Drinks/Juice Cartons

FOR BABY:
Car Seat
Blanket

Baby Vests (1 - tiny, 2 - newborn)
Baby Sleepsuit (1 - tiny, 3 – newborn)
Scratch Mittens x 2 pairs
Socks x 2 pairs
Booties x 1
Hat x 2
Leaving hospital outfit

Newborn nappies x 27 ( 1 pack)
Newborn wipes
Cotton wool balls
Nail clippers/scissors
Nappy bags
Muslins x 5
Bibs x 2
Sudocream
Folding Changing mat
Teddy / Blankie

JUST IN CASE
Ready to drink Infant Milk
Ready to use Infant teats

Remember though that I am by myself so I need to think about EVERYTHING! You can put of some of this stuff into a Daddy's bag as well.

I also haven't been to look round the hospital yet, so I don't know what mine provides - hence everything is here. It's important to ask the hospital what they can provide when you're in.

This is everything I can think of & not sure it will all get packed but wanted to have the comprehansive list I could work off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->