~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

i am so not prepared this time around either. I had my first daughter's room done, name picked out, bag packed and everything by this point. Now i don't have the room ready, no idea what we're naming this baby, and haven't even thought about packing a bag. I need to get on top of things :haha:

as for packing the bag i recommend visiting the hospital you are giving birth at or calling to see what they provide. with my first i over packed massively and it was annoying having all the stuff in my room that i didnt need.

The must haves for me for my bag were

clothes to go home in (make sure they are bigger because you'll still look 6 months pregnant right after) I wore the hospital gown and was fine with it and i didnt even try putting on regular clothes until the day before i left and it was still sweats and a tshirt.

bras
flip flops for the shower
toothbrush/toothpaste
shampoo/conditioner/ soap
hair brush
hair tyes
phone charger
camera/ batteries

for baby's bag:
clothes to go home in
for a girl a cute hat or headband for the hospital pictures if yours does that
a blanket to cover baby up on the way home
carseat

my hospital provided diapers, wipes, formula, bottles, nursing pads if needed, mesh underwear which were much more comfortable than the maternity ones i had brought. they also provided the swaddling blankets and pacifier if you use those.

i personally didn't care about how my hair looked or doing make up. Last time i brought my hair dryer and straightener and make up and didn't use it at all!!

also bring a book or magazine or tablet whatever to keep you occupied!!!

As it turns out, we didn't even have time to pack a bag. My water came this morning and I've been on the labor floor in the hospital for observation. Was 1cm dilated when we arrived- I've been having faint contractions and fortunately haven't dilated any more...hopefully he won't be arriving today. Every extra day he stays in will help that much more. I was hoping for a month or two when they put me on bed rest....now I'm just counting the days. A nurse and doc from NICU have been to see us and explain what will happen when he's born and treatment after.

As it turns out, we didn't even have time to pack a bag. My water came this morning and I've been on the labor floor in the hospital for observation. Was 1cm dilated when we arrived- I've been having faint contractions and fortunately haven't dilated any more...hopefully he won't be arriving today. Every extra day he stays in will help that much more. I was hoping for a month or two when they put me on bed rest....now I'm just counting the days. A nurse and doc from NICU have been to see us and explain what will happen when he's born and treatment after.

Oh Myra, so sorry. I pray and hope that he will stay comfortable for a while longer. Are they going to try and stop the labour?

Will be thinking of you xxx

Praying he stays in there longer Myra!!!! Did your water fully break or were you leaking? It'd be nice if it seals back up if it's only leaking! Will be thinking of you and your LO!!!

:hugs: myra, I do Hope he stays in a bit longer! Will be thinking of you and the LO.

Oh Myra! I hope he stays put just a little bit longer!!

One of my friends had a premie 11 weeks early. Here's her website. https://www.lifewithbusybea.com/p/our-nicu-story.html the little girl is just as amazing and precious as any 3 year old now! Maybe her story will help!

Myra - Hope your little one stays put for as long as possible. Sending lots of good wishes your way x x x

myra, thinking of you hun! hope he stays put yet! xx

well ladies, i'm finally back!! i haven't gone back and read all the pages i've missed (sorry after nearly a month i'd be here all night!!).

We moved in thick snow (for the uk, about 6inches), which kinda made things interesting! then our boiler broke, and about 5 plumber visits later we've a brand new one! however there's still a kinda dodgy vibrating noise :dohh:.

Alex's room is nearly decorated in a thomas theme :) and today we bought him a bed guard as we've decided to tackle taking the side off his cot before the new babies here (he climbed out not long ago :/).

New baby wise i'm also totally unprepared! we've picked a colour for the nursery and i've kinda sorted some of my old baby things, but its next on the hit list of things to sort!

as i'm aiming for another home birth i'll only pack a few essentials as it makes it easy to grab them. I packed tones last time and it just wasn't all needed, with hindsight even if i'd ended up with a hospital bag i'd have not needed half of it!!

Hope all you ladies are doing well? looking forward to being part of the group again :) xxx

well ladies, i'm finally back!! i haven't gone back and read all the pages i've missed (sorry after nearly a month i'd be here all night!!).

We moved in thick snow (for the uk, about 6inches), which kinda made things interesting! then our boiler broke, and about 5 plumber visits later we've a brand new one! however there's still a kinda dodgy vibrating noise :dohh:.

Alex's room is nearly decorated in a thomas theme :) and today we bought him a bed guard as we've decided to tackle taking the side off his cot before the new babies here (he climbed out not long ago :/).

New baby wise i'm also totally unprepared! we've picked a colour for the nursery and i've kinda sorted some of my old baby things, but its next on the hit list of things to sort!

as i'm aiming for another home birth i'll only pack a few essentials as it makes it easy to grab them. I packed tones last time and it just wasn't all needed, with hindsight even if i'd ended up with a hospital bag i'd have not needed half of it!!

Hope all you ladies are doing well? looking forward to being part of the group again :) xxx

Could you let me know your 'just in case' hospital bag list?

I know mine is really extensive - and (with my positive attitude) I don't think I will need it so I do only want a small bag but then part of me is just way to much of a control freak to not have a full bag :dohh:

Glad the move went well - besides the boiler hiccup!! Hope you are feeling settled xx

thanks sue :), its lovely being in our dream house! be even better once we've done it up a bit but i'm already getting a bit bored of workmen coming and going :haha:

bag wise, off the top of my head...
Me: nightie to labour in
pj's for after
slouchy clothes for going home in
several pairs of large black knickers
maternity pads, thick ones and lots!
nursing bra x 2
socks
slippers
travel sized conditioner, shampoo, toothpaste etc
small basics of make up
hair brush
phone charger
spare change (car park, vending machine etc)
camera
towel (hospital round here provide them but they're tiny)
couple snacks

baby:
about 5 vests (if have same trouble as DS nearly every nappy leaked initially as he had chicken legs :haha:)
3 sleepsuits
going home outfit
blanket
nappies
cotton wool
little bowl for water
vaseline

errr i've no doubt forgotten something crucial but hopefully i'll not need a bag anyway! last time about the only thing to come out of it was the camera, maternity pads and first change of clothes which wasn't the set i'd intended but after pushing for over 2 hours i couldn't care less what he was dressed in as his first outfit in the end :haha: xx

:hugs: Myra! Thinking of you and your sweet little boy!

Welcome back Caro :) glad the move went well! I'm like you pretty unprepared right now. I have most of the things I need since I didn't get rid of much after makenzie but it all needs to be sorted and put away which can't be done until I tackle out spare room aka junk room and get it all cleaned out and painted. Feels like I still have TONS to do!

Side note went shopping with my mom today and got me some maternity tanks and capris so I'm all ready for these last two hot months of being pregnant :haha:

My mom totally spoiled us as we'll she bought out baby girl some little onsies, her diaper bag, and she bought the Tommie tippie bottles and sterilizer I have wanted ! I'm so excited I really hope these bottles will be useful with breast feeding I've heard great reviews on them

:hugs: Myra! Praying for you and your precious little boy! Another positive story for you, my niece was due July 10th but born April 11th. My niece will be celebrating her 8th birthday next week and she is a very beautiful, intelligent, and athletic young lady! Will be thinking of you and your sweet little man :hugs:

Thanks all for the wishes and support and stories. Emotionally exhausted so just a quick update to tell you it looks like we're making it through at least one more day. Contractions have eased. Off to try and get some sleep now

hope all you ladies are well. my update...well I never really seem to have much to update with really lol

everything is much the same as it always has been. I'm just getting bigger, lost of backache, the usual stuff.

Had my glucose tolerance test yesterday. They told me they'd ring me in the afternoon if I have GD. I didn't get a call so I guess I don't have it. I didn't think I would to be honest.
The medical professionals just seem utterly in denial about the fact that I have big babies without having GD. I wish they'd just accept that everybody is different, and that yes I have big babies, but there's no medical reason for it, I just do.

I'm seeing my midwife on Monday. Interested to find out what the baby is measuring.

That's it really. Haven't even started packing a hospital bag. Honestly I've bought no clothes whatsoever for the baby. I'm not worried about it yet. I've never yet had a child that wasn't overdue so I figure I've got plenty of time.

Myra! I hope you keep baking little bun for as long as possible! Thinking of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->