~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Wow. I've never had any mucus discharge... and I was 10 days late last time. To each their own! Pregnancy is so different for everyone it's crazy.

Okay question for you guys. Car seat decisions. I hate it. I've been so conflicted about infant car seats that I'm just going to ignore the whole problem for a little while and switch focus to the convertible car seat. We need a second one for Jessa since she starts preschool soon. Mark will be dropping her off and I'll be picking her up. It'll be the first time ever that we'll need two car seats for one kid!

So here's where I am....

https://www.maxi-cosi.com/us-en/products/car-seats/convertible/pria-70.aspx

OR

https://www.chiccousa.com/gear/car-seats/nextfit-infiniti.aspx

The Chicco isn't released until April 30th. So I'd have to borrow someone else's car seat until then. I like both. I just can't seem to make up my mind. Any opinions?

I like the first one :)
Here is my vday bump pic. Yaay!!

Attachments

• IMG_20130408_120154_490.jpg
    IMG_20130408_120154_490.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 7
Becca we just bought our infant car seat on the weekend - we went with the Chicco Keyfit.

Have you looked at the Radian RXT for a convertible option? It's the best on the market IMO - here it is: https://us.diono.com/en/car-seats/radian-rxt

Becca-from a safety point of view I have always trusted the tests carried out on Maxi Cosi seats and believe that you can't get much safer. Therefore I think the first one! :)

MissFox - bumptacular!! Thanks for the input!!

Vankiwi - I'm leaning towards the chicco for our infant carrier too - it fits onto our BOB stroller and some friends have offered to loan me their spare bases so I wouldn't have to buy an extra one. Do you like yours? I'm not sure I like the Radian very much... lol is it wrong that I don't like because I think it's uglyish? :blush:

sue_88 - I think that's how I feel too, but that's because I lived in the UK when we had our first. A lot of people in America have never heard of Maxi Cosi and thus automatically assume it's unsafe. I was in an independent baby store this weekend and I actually asked why they didn't carry maxi cosi carseats. She said they didn't think they were as safe as the brands they do carry thus didn't stock them. I mean HUH?! I told her as far as I knew they were one of the safest in the UK and doesn't the EU have stricter standards for their carseats anyway?

The only reason the chicco nextfit caught my eye was because I saw it in Babies R Us yesterday and it looked quite squishy and I liked the idea of the 9 recline positions! but I'm pretty sure the pria 70 uses the same type of fabric and as far as I can tell has a much smaller footprint in the car.....

so my due date is the day before my sister's birthday. she will be 26 this year, she always makes a big deal about everything and wants to be the center of attention in all situations so she was mad when she found out my baby is due so close to her birthday. she wasn't there when i had my first daughter because i lived 4 hours away but she had said she'd be there this time. well yesterday she invited me on facebook to her birthday gathering which will be 2 hours out of town for 5 days and my due date is right in the middle of her trip. i'm kinda upset that she planned this knowing its when my baby is due. she hasn't even brought it up to me other than the invite on facebook. am i being pregnant and emotional or would you be upset about this too?

tlh - I would be annoyed at that too!

Becca - I know Maxi Cosi seats are really popular in the UK. Here not so much though! I'm really happy with the Chicco infant seat. It's consistently ranked the top or second in safety, and it looks nice too. We wanted something gender neutral so we can use it with number 2 regardless of what they turn out to be! The padding is nice and the fabric feels soft. We got the graphica one.

Myra, so glad your little boy is still in! Really hoping he stays in for as long as possible. Keep thinking of you and praying!

tlh, I'd be annoyed by her decision. I can say this, I'm big on my birthday and always celebrate! It's always been about me and when my sister told me she was due in July I thought great! I might have a nephew for my birthday! Best present an Auntie can get! So when the time got closer....the doc told her to schedule her induction. So when did she decide to have him? My birthday of course and I was the proudest Auntie ever! I now celebrate my birthday with my nephew and it just warms my heart! He will be 5 this year which means I turned 28 when he was born. She should be LUCKY to have her nephew born on her birthday! I'd say it's such a wonderful birthday present!!

So ladies I have a question. When my LO starts turning or doing who knows what, I get severe sharp pains! I don't know if he's kicking an organ or what he is doing to cause that pain but my goodness! It feels like I'm being gutted! Am I alone in this or is this normal? Just curious as I don't remember anything like this with my DS, but it has been over 9 years! Feel like if you open me up you'll see my insides bruised up. LOL!

thanks..i really hope my LO isnt born on her birthday because everytime we have a birthday party for my daughter my sister will try to steal the spotlight because thats how she is. i just thought she'd like to be apart of the birth of her niece but i guess not..me and my husband dont like her boyfriend so we said when/if she has her wedding we're going to schedule a vacation that weekend and say sorry we didnt think your milestones were important since ours arent :haha:

JJxmom - could be hitting an organ or something. Getting you in the rib maybe? Try shifting positions yourself when it happens and see if that helps.

tlh - yeah I'd be pissed off, that's really inconsiderate of your sister, and very immature tbh.

Well I had my 28 week appointment with the midwife today. My bump is measuring 29 weeks so actually not as huge as expected.
I'm slightly anaemic apparently so I've been prescribed iron tablets.
Other than that, everything is fine.

Thanks Alice, it's not a rib as it's lower down in my abdomen in the front. But I was thinking he was probably getting into something....typical child of mine. Always mischievous! LOL! It just hurts really bad and makes me jump when he does it. If he does it at work everyone stares at me like I've been shot or something. Maybe got a football or soccer player growing in here!

It's good that you're not measuring too much farther along like you thought! Glad everything went well at your appt other than being slightly anemic!

glad to hear you've made it another day myra! thinking of you xx

ooh i'm getting spd, really sore right between my legs :(, its keeping me awake at night, boo. Hoping it doesn't get too much worse, it's getting hard to keep up with a toddler already and theres still 3months to go :/!

and mucus wise i've def noticed more too, yucky really :haha: xx

I also have SPD and it was getting unbearable at work. I bought a maternity belt, and have worn it for 4 out of 8 hours for the last 2 days while at work, and it's actually helped. Not completely, but enough that I'll keep wearing it. I do find that it digs in a little, but it's worth it. Maybe you could give it a try...I got mine at Toys R Us...

Looks like im.planning.....a homebirth!!! I didnt think the option was available in my area but I crossed paths with a lady who did it and she referred me to her midwife! My husband is 100% supportive I just need to figure out if the midwife has payment plans and that we can afford the portion that our insurance doesnt cover. Im so excited!!!

How is myra doing??

Made it through day 3!! :)
I'm currently on labor and delivery floor for monitoring. When we were doing non stress test, baby's heart rate dropped for 45 seconds & monitor registered small contractions. Nurse said I'll likely be back upstairs in my usual room in a few hours.

glad to hear you've made it another day myra! thinking of you xx

ooh i'm getting spd, really sore right between my legs :(, its keeping me awake at night, boo. Hoping it doesn't get too much worse, it's getting hard to keep up with a toddler already and theres still 3months to go :/!

and mucus wise i've def noticed more too, yucky really :haha: xx

I also have SPD and it was getting unbearable at work. I bought a maternity belt, and have worn it for 4 out of 8 hours for the last 2 days while at work, and it's actually helped. Not completely, but enough that I'll keep wearing it. I do find that it digs in a little, but it's worth it. Maybe you could give it a try...I got mine at Toys R Us...

ooh thanks hun, might be worth a try. I used a pregnancy pillow last night and that def helped, wasn't in nearly as much pain! and i think it's also prob my bodies way of saying slow down :/...not easy when i've just moved house but maybe i need to accept some of the stuff i wanted to get done before baby just isn't going to happen, so long as his/her nursery is sorted that's my main aim!

I'm currently on labor and delivery floor for monitoring. When we were doing non stress test, baby's heart rate dropped for 45 seconds & monitor registered small contractions. Nurse said I'll likely be back upstairs in my usual room in a few hours.

good stuff hun! fx'ed your back in your normal room soon!! xx

Evening all, hope you are all well.

Not much news here which is probably a good thing. Had a classic baby brain moment this morning. Went for a swim before work, got out of the pool, showered and then found I had forgotten to take my bra off! Cue emergency dash to buy a new bra! Oops! :haha::blush:

so my due date is the day before my sister's birthday. she will be 26 this year, she always makes a big deal about everything and wants to be the center of attention in all situations so she was mad when she found out my baby is due so close to her birthday. she wasn't there when i had my first daughter because i lived 4 hours away but she had said she'd be there this time. well yesterday she invited me on facebook to her birthday gathering which will be 2 hours out of town for 5 days and my due date is right in the middle of her trip. i'm kinda upset that she planned this knowing its when my baby is due. she hasn't even brought it up to me other than the invite on facebook. am i being pregnant and emotional or would you be upset about this too?

To be honest, it probably wouldn't bother me that much. I dont think I want many people around for the first few days after the birth of our baby. But it sounds like she has a history of doing this sort of thing so I could see why it would bother you. It seems a bit mean, if she had already agreed to be present at the birth to change plans later and not discuss it with you at all. Fingers crossed your little one isn't born on the same day!

Myra, so glad your little boy is still in! Really hoping he stays in for as long as possible. Keep thinking of you and praying!

So ladies I have a question. When my LO starts turning or doing who knows what, I get severe sharp pains! I don't know if he's kicking an organ or what he is doing to cause that pain but my goodness! It feels like I'm being gutted! Am I alone in this or is this normal? Just curious as I don't remember anything like this with my DS, but it has been over 9 years! Feel like if you open me up you'll see my insides bruised up. LOL!

Sounds pretty uncomfortable. Sorry dont actually have any advice, other than an increase in frequency, I dont seem to be getting any increase in intensity of movement. Hope it settles down soon x

JJxmom - could be hitting an organ or something. Getting you in the rib maybe? Try shifting positions yourself when it happens and see if that helps.

tlh - yeah I'd be pissed off, that's really inconsiderate of your sister, and very immature tbh.

Well I had my 28 week appointment with the midwife today. My bump is measuring 29 weeks so actually not as huge as expected.
I'm slightly anaemic apparently so I've been prescribed iron tablets.
Other than that, everything is fine.

Good to hear everything is fine x

Looks like im.planning.....a homebirth!!! I didnt think the option was available in my area but I crossed paths with a lady who did it and she referred me to her midwife! My husband is 100% supportive I just need to figure out if the midwife has payment plans and that we can afford the portion that our insurance doesnt cover. Im so excited!!!

How is myra doing??

Good luck with the homebirth, hope you are able to get it & have everything the way you want.

Hope all continues to go well thinking of you x x

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to stop in to say I'm so sorry for disappearing. I just found that keeping up with my online life was draining my energy reserves. I love you ladies and the support I've gotten but I found the less screen time I had after work the better for me. So that's where I am with that. Again, my apologies. :blush:

Update on me, I'm still plugging along. 26 weeks today. Everything is going well. We're still not finding out the sex of the baby. Midwife said I'm progressing beautifully.

MIL will be MOVING IN with with us by early autumn at the latest! Which should be interesting... she speaks no English and I speak extremely few words of Ukrainian!:dohh:

Anyway sorry to have fallen off the earth. I ditched B&B completely but you can find me on twitter if you're there @Tsyhanochka

I can't believe how exhausted I've been through this whole thing. Iron is checking out fine so we figure it's just me. So a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

glad to here he's still hanging in there myra!!

i had to go to urgent care today. i woke up this morning with really loud buzzing in my ears. i feel like my head is in a wind tunnel. its only gotten worse throughout the day and my balance is all messed up so i'm tripping more than usual! They said my middle ear is filled with fluid and gave me a script for nasal drops. unfortunately my pharmacy can't get it in until tomorrow evening so i'm stuck being miserable until then. at least im not in pain its just really annoying. and i can't hear anything unless i'm looking directly at where the sound is coming from

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->