~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Thank goodness I still have 10 weeks left give or take. Was working on clearing out the spare room today which will now be babies room and my goodness I'm exhausted :haha: and that was just packing things away. I still have to paint, make dh put the crib together (thankfully no work for me on that one :haha: ) and wash all her little things and put them away! I would prefer to have all these things done by 37 weeks but at this rate ill be lucky to get them done at all :dohh: guess I should have listened to myself and gotten a few of these things done in second trimester when I had the energy :haha:

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

I have also been getting painful kicks and movement. I have an anterior placenta but sometimes it feels like she is trying to punch/kick straight through me! It has been a daily occurrence so I guess I just have to get used to it lol.

I got a maternity swimsuit today for our trip to Vegas. And a little red, white, and blue swimsuit for Aisling at Once Upon A Child for $4 :) Can it please be July now? :haha:

so today my lovely one and a half year old daughter was patting my belly trying to get her sister to kick her. after the baby kicked my daughter decided that meant she wanted juice so she took her sippy cup and tried to pour some juice in my belly button and said "mmmm" afterwards. I guess at least she's sharing right?? :haha:

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

I have also been getting painful kicks and movement. I have an anterior placenta but sometimes it feels like she is trying to punch/kick straight through me! It has been a daily occurrence so I guess I just have to get used to it lol.

I got a maternity swimsuit today for our trip to Vegas. And a little red, white, and blue swimsuit for Aisling at Once Upon A Child for $4 :) Can it please be July now? :haha:

Love that store :) I'm with you can it be July! Heck id even settle for June :haha:

I haven't found any kicks to HURT as such yet - though some are uncomfortable. Then again at my last M/W appointment she said baby was still head-up, so I've had no rib kicks as a result.

This is a pic from yesterday. 30 + 2

376080_325652094228292_1267754733_n.jpg

aww thanks. I don't feel awesome though haha. I feel like a heffalump. Everything aches lol

Tlh, your daughter is adorable! What a cute thing to do, you'll have to tell her about it when she is older :haha:

ProudArmyWife, I visit that store more than I should admit :blush: I try not to but I just can't help myself...too many irresistible baby items! Even my husband has a hard time not getting something while we're there lol.

Alice, you look incredible! I'm sorry you are so achey though :(

I actually feel like I got a good night's sleep last night! It's been a while since I felt that way. I'm wondering if it is the iron pills working already or if I just got lucky today lol.

myra, so glad connor continues to do well. It must be so hard watching him tied up to things though :hugs:

alice...wow as always you have a lovely, but large, bump!!

yay for a good nights sleep breadsticks!

tlh...that is just too cute. My 2 yr old son really doesn't get there's a baby in my tummy, he'll say 'baby' if i ask him what's in my tummy but also then lift his own top up and say baby too :dohh:

we finally started decorating the babies room :D:D, colour is on walls and i've done the undercoat on the woodwork, yay feels good to finally be getting organised!

ooh and babies r us finally did a 20% off furniture deal which i've been waiting months for so we got our wardrobe that matches our cot and changing table at £70 cheaper than full price :D

Wow Alice look at that bump!!! Looking FABULOUS! And YAY for the return of the doggy :happydance:

Breadsticks - I slept great last night too.....I woke up and was like "HUH, it's 8:15, where did the night go" then I quickly checked my pants to see if I had wet myself being asleep for so long :haha: !!!

TLH - Oh that is SOOOO CUTE! Bet that was fun though washing sticky juice from your belly button hehe :haha:

Proud - don't worry I feel like I have tonnes to do as well, and I am waiting until 35 weeks when my leave starts to do most of it. I just can't face it in an evening and I tend to be busy at the weekends....I just hope she doesn't want to say hello too early!!

Caro - yay for starting the nursery :happydance: & sounds like a great deal on the furniture!

xxx

Alice, love the bump!!!!

breadsticks, it's great you finally got a good nights sleep!!

tlh, that is so cute what your DD did!!!

I got home late last night after my bridal shower. We went to visit my aunt in the hospital that has stage 4 colon cancer. This was the first time since she's been sick that I've seen her. They finally just diagnosed her 2 weeks ago. She had her colon removed as soon as they found out and afterwards sent her home for her to return to get her stint put in for her chemo treatment. When she went back, turns out she had an infection somewhere so they admitted her again. She finally had her first chemo treatment over a 48 hr period. I was so emotional yesterday it probably wasn't the best day to go see her. I couldn't stop crying!! As soon as I saw her I had to step out of the room because I was crying. I ran into my uncle on my way out with him asking why I was crying. I think I cried a total of 10+ times yesterday. LOL! It was bad!

My aunt said sorry she couldn't be at my bridal shower and said she'd get me a card and some money as soon as she got out of the hospital and I lost it again while she was talking to me. She asked why I was crying and I said SISSY!!!! I don't care about a card or money! I care only about you getting better and out of this place!!!!!!!! She said she will get out and I said I have no doubt about that but that she didn't need to worry about a card or money! That was the LAST thing on my mind!!! My bridal shower wasn't too bad. Only had 2 people show up other than my granny, sister, and great aunt who was hosting it. But I got a lot of goodies and everyone that was there got door prizes. LOL!!! My mom got me 6 of the 12 dishes I was registered for and my sis gave me 2 so now I'm at 8 place settings which is awesome!!! I have a complete set now!!! YAY!!! I am hoping for the other 4 so in case we host a party or get together, then I'll have enough plates for everyone. My place settings was the big thing I wanted most of all out of everything I registered for. They are the Noritake colorwave.

I have finally got it in to clean clean clean!! I started today and of course OH isn't happy because he doesn't want to see me clean this whole place up yet he always sits on his rear doing nothing so he was upset he had to get up and clean today. Although I don't know why because I never told him he had to, I was doing it myself. He said he'll be able to start cleaning more as he is going to be done with school soon but like I told him, I'll believe it when I see it because he always says that but never does anything but lays around all day. DS is upset i'm making him clean too because he wants to sit around playing with his toys (since he's grounded from all electronics) and he hates cleaning. He says it's my job not his. LOL! That just makes it worse on him as I constantly keep telling him something else to do. :) But my house will be spotless within the next 2 weeks!!! From top to bottom!!! HAHA!

Sorry for this post being so long. One thing after another kept popping in my head! :) hope you guys are all getting along great! Coltyn is moving around like crazy and kept waking me up today even though I am exhausted! Have taken 2 naps today in between cleaning!

Here are my latest bump pics. I feel so small compared to you Alice!!!

So here's a question for you ladies. At my last appointment, my midwife told me to try not to sleep on my back. I said no problem, since I've always been a side sleeper anyhow. A few days later, I started having bad back aches when I lay on either side. It hurts so bad I can't even relax! The strain instantly goes away when I flip on my back. I tried propping pillows under my bump when I'm on my side, but it doesn't help at all. :(
So I have just been sleeping semi-upright on my back using one of those armed pillows meant for reading in bed. Do you think that's alright? From the diagrams I've seen, it looks like the large vein under the uterus is only affected when you are flat on your back... but sitting semi-upright doesn't put pressure on it.

What position is everyone else sleeping in???

Attachments

• Photo on 2013-04-19 at 21.38 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2013-04-19 at 21.38 #2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Photo on 2013-04-19 at 21.38 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2013-04-19 at 21.38 #3.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1
When I was in the hospital with dd they only put like a Inch or two under my right side and they said great! You should be good

I toss and turn from my left to my right side. But mostly sleep on my left. I have a body pillow I put under it and lean on it almost like I'd be sleeping on my belly but I'm really not. The pillow is just supporting it.

i think if you sleep propped up on your back its ok. i know a lot of women that slept in reclining chairs. they just dont want you to sleep flat on your back because it can cut off blood flow/oxygen in an artery because of the size of the uterus and baby now

I toss and turn from my left to my right side. But mostly sleep on my left. I have a body pillow I put under it and lean on it almost like I'd be sleeping on my belly but I'm really not. The pillow is just supporting it.

This sounds exactly like me! When I'm not pregnant I'm a tummy sleeper. So this tends to work the best for me.

I do what jjsmom does. Or I put a pillow wedged under my right hip/lower back and kind lay on my back. Gives my hips a break from the weight of sleeping on my side!

Also I know a few of my obs have said that if you do lay on your back for a while and you are sleeping that your brain is hard wired to have you move if blood isn't flowing properly. I'm definitely a fan of the pillow to still allow for tummy sleeping.

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well, I haven't kept up on this thread so once my little man is in bed I will go back and catch up, I have about 100 pages to read though :haha:
I just seem really busy and tired lately... And have terrible heartburn. Other than that I'm feeling well.

I had a 4d scan Saturday which was lovely, my two Boys look really similar. The top one is baby 2 and the bottom is jack at the same point (28 weeks)!

image.jpg

Promise I will try and keep up from now on! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back