~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Evening all, hope everyone is doing well.

Feeling a bit tired today, it was a very busy weekend! Went to a NCT sale on Saturday and got some bargains for the LO. After went to see a friend for the afternoon, Sunday we got our pram sorted, and then had to go to the kitchen designer and tell him we needed the entire thing re-designed. We were popular! Then on to the hospital for a tour and got home in time to get my stuff & head back out for aqua yoga. Very busy, but at least we have the majority of the basics for lo now.

alicecooper - cute bump pix. I am the same, feeling a lot of movment but noting too painful, which is odd as last time mw checked, lo was head down.

caro103 - Great that you got the nursery finished, sounds like you got a bargain at toys r us too.

jjsmom - Hope your aunt responds to the chemo treatment. Good to hear that your shower went well, sounds lovely. Good luck with the cleaning! I just can't be bothered doing any at the moment, with the ongoing building works, its just not worth it yet.

mother earth 23 - cute bump pix. My MW hasn't made any recommendations on sleep positions. I always tended to sleep on my side, and still find it the most comfortable position so have just carried on. I think so long as you can find a comfortable position, you should be fine. I work on the principal that if you are uncomfortable or putting pressure on anything, you would move in your sleep anyway.

Aww Kaths what lovely scan pics. They def look very similar! I'm going for my 4d scan tomorrow morning hopefully my little girl will cooperate and we will get some good clear pics :)

Hi ladies! We got back from our vacation late last night. It was an incredible trip! Loved seeing my DS3 light up at seeing the characters. His favorite is Minnie Mouse. We went to a character spot and when it was his turn to meet Minnie, he started tucking his shirt in, something we've never seen him do. He was flirting so much with her. It was just adorable.
Anyway, I was in L&D all morning :-( I've seemed to have caught the stomach flu....I couldn't stop throwing up and have diarrhea :( anyways, they had to give me fluids and IV phenergan. I wasn't able to keep anything down. I've now managed to eat some saltines and drink some Gatorade. Anyways, hope you are all well. I'm back off to sleep!

Hope you feel better junemomma!!! Sorry you got that horrible stomach flu!! It's definitely going around!!

June, you poor thing, feel better! Glad you all had such a good time at Disney...your son is adorable!

Kath, your scans turned out so well! It is amazing how alike they look!

ProudArmyWife, have fun at your scan tomorrow!

Junemomma- The image of your son tucking in his shirt to meet Minnie Mouse is adorable! Sorry to hear about the flu! :(

To everyone who commented back about sleeping positions, I will definitely try out the pillow stomach sleeping position. I slept on my stomach until around 16 weeks then it got very uncomfortable so I never tried it again. Maybe with a body pillow and some maneuvering it would work. Otherwise, reclining with my reading pillow works for now!

I just realized today that my son will be here in about 10-14 weeks!!! How exciting to think about... I feel SO UNPREPARED. My family keeps telling me to wait until my baby shower (in June) before I buy anything. I have no crib, no diapers, basically nothing! I have about 1 drawer full of baby clothes in misc. sizes, and a wrap carrier, and an infant through toddler age toothbrush kit! I'm so nervous that I won't get things I need at my shower and I won't have time to order them. :S

How many of us are first time mommas starting out with nothing?

Helloo motherearth23, i'm a first time mummy starting out with nothing!

We don't really have baby showers over here in the uk (though i think they are becoming more common) so we have bought/been bought pretty much everything already.

My parents (mum n stepdad) bought our furniture set for the nursery and my stepdad and OH decorated the whole room when i was about 16 weeks as we wouldn't have had chance later on.

I've got the whole nursery done and set up now and have pretty much everything i need apart from a moses basket stand, baby thermometer and another couple of packs of muslin squares.

Once we started buying we actually had everything within a month or so and I feel so much more relaxed knowing that it's all ready for her for whenever she decides to come :)

If we'd of been having a baby shower i would probably have waited until that to buy things like baby bouncers/baby beanbags/nappies etc but we didn't have one xxx

Im not a first time.momma, but started out with nothing as we were not planning on more.children! Im so ready for her though, just got her newborn diapers prepped and washed today. I've washed all her used clothes ive been going (she's got enoug to clothe her until nearly a year!) All that is left is buying a booster chair for my oldest and rearranging carseats/putting the convertible seat back together to fit an infant and im good to go :) I started buying as soon as we confirmed gender at 19Weeks. I was not waiting for family! I know a lot of them.have bought things for her but I was not going to rely on them, that didnt.go well in the past when they previously told me.to.wait!

motherearth i kept wanting to buy stuff before my baby shower with the first (im in the US) and i'm glad i stopped buying things we almost had to rent a uhaul to get everything home..the only thing i ended up buying for the baby was her going home outfit and a mattress for her crib everything else was bought for us!! i had my baby shower at the end of July and i was due in November. I had to travel 3 hours for it though so i wanted it early!

I'm a first time Mum starting with nothing!

I'd had a few clothes etc that I accumulated through many months ttc but other than that I've got everything myself.

My parents bought my pram & car seat and my grandad bought my cot, monitor, baby gym and some canvases. Everything else I've saved up for and bought. I think the most expensive thing I have bought for her myself was the bedding set which was £80. Been hard saving the money as had no support from FOB but I've managed & got her some lovely things :) xx

I'm glad to see everyone doing so well!

We're continuing taking things day by day...that's the only way to get through the next 2+ months with him in NICU instead of at home with us. Connor is doing well though and we are grateful for each good day that comes along. He keeps impressing all of his nurses with how well he is doing.

I'm going to step back from this thread a little bit, at least until I take some time to adjust being a mom to a NICU baby. I wish you all the best and will check in occasionally. I'll be excited as we move into July to be getting your exciting updates as your little ones arrive :flower:

Here are a few pictures of our strong little man...we fall more in love with him every day.:cloud9:

Attachments

• 12130060.jpg
    12130060.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 16
  • mv looking in isolette.jpg
    mv looking in isolette.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 20
Aww Myra he is beautiful!

I bought hardly anything for my first dd. I was given so much as hand me a rounds (bouncer, swing, huge box of clothes up to 9m) and I got nearly everything else from my baby shower. We had a diaper raffle too so I only had to buy one pack of diaper in 6months. I recommended it if you are having a shower. But my mom was also amazing and got us so much!

Myra, he's truly beautiful and isn't is doing well.

Enjoy him, & keep checking back in when you can xx

Here is my bump pic from 26 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_20130422_124905_937.jpg
    IMG_20130422_124905_937.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 6
junemomma09 - Glad you enjoyed your holiday, it sounds great :) Shame about the flu, hope you feel better soon x

motherearth23 - I hear you! Only 11 weeks left, and I don't feel ready at all. This is our first and we are starting from scratch. Not bothering with a baby shower, which makes planning easier. We only started buying bits in the last week and now have the basics. i think at this stage I am more concerned about the renovation works overrunning and LO coming early and having to be brought into a building site!

Myra - So glad that Connor continues to do well. Will keep sending good thoughts your way and hope you can take him home soon x x

Miss Fox - cute bump pix x

Motherearth, another first timer here :) We have pretty much everything we need at the moment. I've had two baby showers so far, one from my family and one from my work. I'm not sure if my in-laws are planning one but I know we are for sure getting second-hand items from my SIL...she has promised us clothing, a bassinet, a bouncer, and a playmat. So far we have been given a crib/mattress from my aunt and a car seat from my mom...those are the big things at least. Lots of blankets,a few outfits, some diapers, etc in addition. My coworkers all pitched in and gave us a gift card to Target worth 205 dollars, as well as more "smaller" necessities. We have purchased a swing, dresser, changing table, small bookshelf and cubby storage, playpen, video monitor, and stroller. My mom kept telling me not to buy things but I just didn't expect anything from anyone and especially not more than one baby shower. A couple of my friends also want to throw one for me, in the end I could end up with four baby showers which seems insane to me...but we are most certainly grateful.

Myra, I wish you and your family the best, Connor is so handsome and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we are so proud of his accomplishments already :D Please do update us when you get the chance :)

MissFox, adorable bump pic :D I missed mine last week, let's see if I remember this week lol.

As for me, I have been so dizzy and tired. I slept the whole weekend away when I should have been studying. I've also been feeling more nauseous. I've hardly had an appetite and when I do eat I feel like I may vomit. I don't feel sick or anything so I don't think it is a stomach bug, I have no other symptoms. I've lost two pounds since last Wednesday :/ I have my next dr appt this Thursday so I'm going to bring it up then. Aisling kicks all the time so I'm not too worried or anything but I thought I read that you should eat around 450 extra calories each day 3rd tri and I'm definitely not doing that, kinda sad because I was looking forward to it since I'd been so hungry all through 2nd tri lol

I feel you on the not eating thing. I've been having zero energy. I'm so hormonal/emotional and nauseated. Nothing to eat sounds good or settles good. I can't sleep more than 8-9 he's at night but within 15-30 minutes of waking up I feel like I haven't slept for ages. I feel bad for my dd and my hubby is heading out of town to work for a few days. Ugh!!

myra hes looking really good!! i wish you all the best of luck and look forward to updates!!

Bumps are looking good ladies!!!

Myra, he's so precious!! Go be a mommy to your little Connor! Glad he keeps impressing everyone!! That means you definitely have a fighter!! Especially from the very beginning with your hematoma all the way up until he was born!!

Breadsticks, I understand how you feel! I don't feel nauseous but nothing sounds good to eat! I have to figure out all the meals since I can't eat hamburger or red meat at all but nothing sounds good. I'm tired of trying to figure out what to feed both DS and OH because I don't feel like eating. I end up finally eating around 8 or 9 pm only because I know I have to have a little something in me before I sleep! Usually it's a granola bar or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!

Here is my one day shy of 30 week bump!

Attachments

• 30 weeks.jpg
    30 weeks.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members