~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

counting, wonderful bump pic!!! Love how you put your confession down! I don't take a straight pic of my belly because of the stretch marks! LOL! I always have my shirt over it.

I love seeing everyone's bump pics!!! Ladies we are getting down to the final stretch!!!

do we have a count on the numbers of girls and boys??

i woke up today still extremely uncomfortable, but i can't miss work again today so hopefully i can suck it up today and tomorrow and be able to relax this weekend!!

I feel so unprepared. I don't have any bags packed for the hospital, her room isn't set up, and we don't even have nearly anything for her :( granted we are going in about 2 weeks to buy the majority of what she needs. I just hate not having anything done.
We are going to be doing homemade baby food, so I'm looking at buying the baby bullet and steamer set. I personally think making her own baby food (when she's old enough to eat it) would be much healthier for her as I know it's fresh veggies and fruit and the canned kind have additional preservatives in them. Plus I'm considering using cloth wipes with the homemade solution. I wanted to do cloth diapers but since I'm returning back to nursing school in September, I'm just going to have so much on my plate to keep up with it. I am going to purchase a baby wrap. I've joined a local mommy group for baby wearing so I can figure out which type is best for Emma and I. I'm so excited about it. I also want to look into more natural products for cleaning. I've gotten to where I want to use more natural products.

What's everyone else doing differently or just choosing?

I feel so unprepared. I don't have any bags packed for the hospital, her room isn't set up, and we don't even have nearly anything for her :( granted we are going in about 2 weeks to buy the majority of what she needs. I just hate not having anything done.
We are going to be doing homemade baby food, so I'm looking at buying the baby bullet and steamer set. I personally think making her own baby food (when she's old enough to eat it) would be much healthier for her as I know it's fresh veggies and fruit and the canned kind have additional preservatives in them. Plus I'm considering using cloth wipes with the homemade solution. I wanted to do cloth diapers but since I'm returning back to nursing school in September, I'm just going to have so much on my plate to keep up with it. I am going to purchase a baby wrap. I've joined a local mommy group for baby wearing so I can figure out which type is best for Emma and I. I'm so excited about it. I also want to look into more natural products for cleaning. I've gotten to where I want to use more natural products.

What's everyone else doing differently or just choosing?

I can definitely recommend Baby Led Weaning! We started at 6 months and while she wasn't a big eater until one and half (we nursed until 2) she's sooo not picky and LOVES veggies. I feel like all my friends who've said they did a degree of BLW say their kids are less fussy about foods and don't have as much texture preferences :) Definitely easier when you go out! We did buy pouches for on the go or easy snacks but I've never bought a jar of baby food in my life!

We're going to try NOT to co-sleep this time. LOL But we are going to buy one of the Arm's Reach co-sleepers so he can be right by the bed without me having to sleep with one eye open for a year. https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41mOd9LIBoL._SY450_.jpg Still trying to decide if I want the normal or the mini though. Has anyone used one of these before?

We babywear (I've got a moby and ergo but really want a ring sling) but I also have a great jogging stroller that I need a good infant car seat attachment for but I haven't decided which one yet..

Iron pills STILL haven't kicked in yet. :growlmad:
Coming up on 10 weeks left as of tomorrow!! :happydance: (unless I'm two weeks late like last time... lol)

I don't have a hospital bag or anything packed yet either... I'm going to my parents for the first week in June so I'll need my bags for that trip!

Here's the diaper bag we've decided on!! https://www.amazon.com/Ju-Ju-Be-All...UTF8&colid=2E7BCQCTUWPAQ&coliid=IAGUHUFGZWVJD https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91ewi2mmBmL._SL1500_.jpg

I won 5,000 swagbucks from Southernsavers.com last week and that translates to $55 in amazon gift cards!! and I have a 10% off coupon from amazon for working on my baby registry there so I've earned almost half the price for the bag already! If you by any chance want to join swagbucks I can send you a referral code and get you 70 free swagbucks :) *Grins*

Well I decided to brave the scales today and I'm up 16lbs!!! Eekk!

Becca, may I ask, how long have you been on the iron pills? Tomorrow will be a week for me and I thought for sure I would notice a big difference. I still can't get through the day without desperately needing a nap and getting faint/dizzy. I have a Dr appt in two hours so I'm going to bring it up.

We are planning on packing our hospital bag when we get back from vacation, so around the end of May. We figured that we just might as well by June and that way we can add/take out things as we go.

June, I would like to make baby food as well! It would make my husband and me eat healthier :haha: but I think it is just great for babies. We'll have some baby food/snacks for in a pinch I would think.

All of your beautiful 3D ultrasounds have really made me want one!! We will be in Vegas visiting my grandparents and my mom booked a flight for Mother's Day weekend too :) So I'm thinking as part of her gift we'll have one done that she can go to with us. I texted my husband and he seems on board so now to find a good place to go :)

breadsticks - I get dizzy and need naps too (not that I get proper naps but I end up just falling asleep randomly through the day without meaning to). I was prescribed ferrous fumarate iron tablets a couple of weeks ago, but I only used them for a few days and then got horrendously constipated and ruptured all my piles (sorry TMI) so I stopped using them.

I'm seeing the m/w on monday so I'm gonna see if she can give me something for the constipation so I can take the iron again.

my update : I have a chest infection. MEH

becca I love that bag...looked it up on uk amazon and its £216 :shock:, sooo I'm thinking I'll not be getting it ;)

hope your better soon alice

sue Think my weightgain is similar, 5kg last time i checked a few wks ago...omg!

june, i'm not sure i plan on doing that much different, maybe do a bit more co-sleeping as i ended up rocking alex for hours at night and no way with a toddler too will i be able to catch up on all that missed sleep! I feel horribly unprepared too, although actually ordered some nappies today :D. I keep looking at clothes in the shops and not buying any cos they're sooo all gender specific! think baby will end up wearing alex's old clothes regardless of sex and if its a girl i'll hope people will be generous after she's here :haha:

Sorry you're feeling poorly Alice - chest infection not nice!

A little TMI:

But seriously - what is going on with my nipples!?!?! They are MEGA changing, and big, and going darker.....WTH? Any other FTM's a little freaked by this, and any current mums fancy sharing if this is to be expected? I've always had quite small, nice, deighnty nipples and now they are just....BIG!

Sue I think it's pretty normal. I usually have big nips anyways as I have large boobs but they get a lot darker and I've been leaking fluid which is always awesome :haha:

Prepping my little girls room to get it finish off hopefully within the next week or so. I have primed two of the four walls. I have to say its a lot of work and I'm having to take lots of breaks. I really should have listened to myself and done this a little sooner :haha: thankfully my mom will be helping me put the actual color on the wall.

sorry Sue but :haha: its totally normal! although i'm actually noticing more changes this time but hoping its going to mean bfing again doesn't take nearly so long to not hurt as that was one of the feedback i got from bfing support woman that i had some trouble feeding initially cos i stayed really pink so there was no protection from babys sucking. Sooo fx'ed if you're going nice and dark you'll find bfing way more easy! xx

Thanks Caro, that's a little reassurance for the ugly burger nips.....but the main bit it still pinky but going quite dark round the edge. They are like special limited edition two tone nipples :haha: FREAKY!

I've got pretty hefty boobs too - in an E cup usually...although currently spilling out of those..need to get measured in a couple of weeks! Bleugh....bloody boobies - they better work properly when she's here!!

sue - yeah totally normal. You end up with nipples the size of your nose lol

sue_88 - if it helps... I'm only day ahead of you and I've already put on 19:dohh: Oh and I've read that the nipple thing is completely normal. Babies focus better on high contrast things so really your nipples are just helping your nearly blind baby find them! :) And for those of you planning on nursing... GET THIS! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lansinoh-1...23248&sr=1-11&keywords=lanisoh#productDetailshttps://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31z7LzRVi0L._SL500_.jpg
Seriously a life saver. I didn't learn about it until Jessie was at least 3 months and had to experience all the joys that are cracked, bleeding and sore nipples!!!

Breadsticks - Today makes a week for me and no difference yet except scary looking stools!!

Alice - I think my lack of gallbladder and copious consumption of anti-heartburn meds have sent mine the other direction despite taking iron every day now. Can't say I don't feel nauseous after I take them though :(

Chest infection?! Harsh!!! hope you get better soon!

caro103 - £216?! Yikes! No way would I shell that out for a bag either. My bag last time was £59 from Mama's and Papa's. My inlaws bought it and I thought it was crazy expensive at the time! This one is machine washable and has a lot of neat perks that makes it worth it. Specially since I'm really only having to pay $49.80 for it... (oooh score! That's the first time I've done the math on it!)

Last check I am up 2 lbs.
My nipples are insane this time too. And I can definitely 2nd the Lasinoh. It is amazing!!! Best Everrrrr!
Alice hope the chest infection clears up quickly.
I had awful constipation for about 4 days and as I called the Dr office yo get somethjng for it I had the urge to go. I spent the rest of the day on and off the potty and feel pretty good now. I've been borderline sick and that sucks.
Hope the rest of you are well. I'm gonna miss shopping this time! I lived shopping for my daughter but I already have a Petunia Pickle Bottom diapet bag and don't need N extra.

Last check I am up 2 lbs.
My nipples are insane this time too. And I can definitely 2nd the Lasinoh. It is amazing!!! Best Everrrrr!
Alice hope the chest infection clears up quickly.
I had awful constipation for about 4 days and as I called the Dr office yo get somethjng for it I had the urge to go. I spent the rest of the day on and off the potty and feel pretty good now. I've been borderline sick and that sucks.
Hope the rest of you are well. I'm gonna miss shopping this time! I lived shopping for my daughter but I already have a Petunia Pickle Bottom diapet bag and don't need N extra.

After 2 years with my daughter I finally HAD to put my bag in the wash... it lost all cohesion. I definitely need something that zips this time. The last one just folded over and had magnet clasps. It was constantly getting dumped out. Annoying because we got all gender neutral stuff the first time so we could use it with the second. Turns out I could have had pink girly stuff the first time because it wasn't going to last till the second! LOL

We are going to do BLW too (already have the book and cookbook!), as well as cloth diapers and cloth wipes. We're not going to bed share, but we will co-sleep. We just ordered our diapers this week as there was a sale on for Earth Day! :thumbup: We also have a Moby wrap and an Ergo (with an infant insert) as well.

i want to get a new diaper bag that will be convenient for two kids since my DD will still need some stuff in the bag as well. The one we have now is perfect for one but i haven't found one i like thats big enough to fit stuff for two kids that isnt a duffle bag :haha:

We did BLW and I really enjoyed it. And it was soooo easy!

We were given a pink nappy bag from a good friend with Libby...only catch it is bright pink...I am still going to use it for our sons nappies, etc as most of the time it would be just in our car or stroller.
https://www.kidsbags.com.au/catalogue/c20/PS2101/boys/Nappy-Bags/Penny-Scallan-Nappy-Bag-Girly-Bird

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->