~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

hey ladies in the U.S. have any of you used baby carriers and found one you love? I used a moby wrap when on vacation with my DD when she was 8 weeks old and it was a pain to put on in a hurry. i'm thinking about doing more baby wearing with the new baby since i'll have a toddler that will most likely be in the shopping cart or stroller instead of the little one. I need ideas for which to get (i dont want to spend $100 on one either)

also, we are getting closer to baby names hubby vetoed 2 of them. so now its down to charlotte, riley, or kennedy. he has until wednesday to pick a name so we'll see!!

I ordered an Infantion Sync Comfort wrap for going out and about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRZERMJRQjU
I haven't used it with a baby yet, but I've been practicing with my cat and stuffed animals (she's a real snugglebug). It's really quick and easy to put on and learn how to tie. Since it has a lumbar support buckle I feel like it will be comfortable for non-house wear and extended wear. And it comes in a really pretty pattern and a plain black/gray as well if you have a man who wants to babywear without bright colors. It's really cheap as well! I got mine for $25, so it's really not much of a loss if it turns out to be a crappy carrier.

As for those names, I love the name Charlotte!! Kennedy seems formal for a first name, and I can't really think of any nicknames. Riley is nice too. :)

I am buying a second hand carrier
https://www.manduca-baby-carrier.eu/manduca-in-olive.html
The one I am getting is brown but I can hardly wait...they are suppose to be super good for posture and versatile for newborns all the way through to 3-4 year olds.

Liddys: OMG - You must have had a fright hun when Libby did that!!!! How awful for you. Is there a safe place outside you can leave a spare set of keys? Or with anyone near by? What a fright in the kitchen as well.

Proud: Glad the nursery is painted! Exciting.

Libbysmum, I would have had total heart failure too!! Something to look back on and laugh at but at the time, oh gosh you must have been panicking. Little monkey switching on the oven and kettle, maybe she was thinking she would make Mumma a cup of tea and get dinner ready while you were gone! :haha:

Thanks, yes I am thinking of hiding a spare key in the shed or something just in case!
Finding it very painful in the groin/crotch region. It has been like this for months but lately is more painful and harder to move about. Seems to be a lot worse at night when I turn over in my sleep. I don't know if there is some way to make it less painful or not? Any ideas? I am wondering if I should go to the doctor about it as I asked the hospital midwife and they didn't seem worried at all. I just wonder what it is and if it can be prevented at all.

libbys that sounds like spd hun. Not all that much you can do about it other than rest, keep your legs together as much as poss and also keep moving i've found helps, ie not sit down for too long. I really got mine better when i conciously limited lifting alex! and when its really feeling uncomfortable at night using a pillow between my knees to keep them in alignment with my hips :D.

Sorry its been days again since i got on ladies, doing up a house while pregnant is kinda exhausting! xxx

yes Carol I think it must be something like that...probably shouldn't life my daughter as frequently she is pretty heavy. If I can avoid it I get DH to push her stroller but often I am home with her on my own so have no choice. When she wakes in the night I can barely get out of bed cause it hurts so bad to go settle her. By the time I actually manage to get out of bed and down the hall to her room she has worked herself up to tears etc and DH just seems to sleep through it all. LOL

Yes sounds like spd, I have it too! So painful. I'm the same, to roll over in bed or to get dressed is a mammoth effort!

Hi ladies! Wanted to update you all. I've been timing my contractions for the past hour because I've been getting them frequently all day. DH and I went out to do some comparison shopping for Emma at two different baby stores. Well in timing them, they've been coming approx every 10 min :( some are more painful than others but the tightenings are there. DH says if I keep getting them for the next 30 min that I need to call my doctor. I'm just hoping they are frequent Braxton hicks or something. A little worried!

Edit: forgot to say I've been lying down on my side since I've been home charting them and drinking water.

June we used an app for smartphones that helped keep track of contractions...it was free to download if that is any help. If you do go to hospital they will prob stick you on a monitor to check. Thanks for your post and we hope to hear more soon when you get a chance to post.

Kath...I know! It is hard to dress myself cause it hurts when I lift my legs. I never had this with Libby! My mother thinks I am being a hypochondriac...I said this isn't imaginary believe me!

Praying for you, June! I hope all is well with you and baby girl!

Libbysmum, I hope you find a way to lessen the pain!

tlh97990 - I like Kennedy :) I have an ergo.. which is better for the toddler probably rather than the newborn. Ring slings are quite nice for the younger ones. :) You can probably find one of those cheaper than the beco or ergo which are both top notch.

Alice - they're so similar I'd think they were both yours if I didn't know better!

Libbysmum - I would have had a heart attack too. Sounds like your raising a proper brit though... hmm trapped, what do I do now? I know, a cuppa sounds good. let's get the kettle on.

I think I've got some spd too... sooo painful to walk about now and putting on my pants? YEOW!! those muscles/joints just don't work anymore! I've got an OB appt in the morning so I thought I'd ask if those support bands are worth the money. They're supposed to be retesting my iron and platelets as well.. so more jabs.. that'll be fun.

junemomma09 - Hope they're just braxton hicks, but even if they are your doctor will definitely want to know about it! Give them a call.

Our community had a yard sale this weekend so we walked around and got to know some of our neighbors, it was really nice. I got a blue bumbo, a velcro wrap and some adorable boy clothes for $8! Then my neighbors next door just gave us some stuff like her spare medela pump pieces which is really nice because I have one, but my is UK so I needed the american power supply!

Feeling pretty huge.. I'm sure people look at me and think I'm about to pop, can't believe I've still got 10 weeks to go. I looked in at the May babies thread the other day. I was pregnant back in August and had a miscarriage, but it reminded me that I would have been due May first.. that's crazyness!

Hi ladies thank you for responding. I'm at the hospital now on the monitor. My urine shows that I'm slightly dehydrated and I have a trace of protein. My uterus is very irritable. With some contractions. Baby is good! She's watching me for a while longer.

Becca, I got a maternity belt the other day and it helps me a lot! I don't have SPD, I only get hip/pelvic pain when I am walking a lot on campus with my heavy backpack. It really does help to take the pressure off when I know I will be walking a lot though!

June, hope everything is OK, please keep us updated!

Junemomma, hope everything turns out good with you and baby!! Glad they are monitoring you and hopefully get you situated so you can go home and rest!!

I'm home now. The monitor is only picking up 3-4 contractions an hour. They said the dr doesn't get concerned until I'm having 6-7 contractions an hour. My uterus is also very irritable apparently. Baby is good :) my urine is showing some dehydration so I have to drink more water. Drs orders to take it easy tomorrow.

keep up those fluids and rest up June! Glad baby is doing okay! Hopefully she stays put a few more weeks at least!
Speaking of breast pumps I don't know if I should buy/rent an electric one. I have a manual one but it is time consuming! I felt like I would get RSI when I pumped with Libby when she was little.

june--hoping this is NOT it for you...

For the ladies with SPD, I have it too, it's horrible...the only thing that I've found that helps at all is a pregnancy belt!

Helloo everyone! Don't normally say much on here but i do read everything :)

Was just wondering when everyone is going on maternity leave now we are getting nearer to the end...

I am finishing 2 weeks this Friday which will be 32 weeks... but then taking 4 weeks holiday so don't actually start maternity leave until 36 weeks.

How about everyone else?

Hope you're all okay.

Emma x

We are in the process of filling out paperwork for parental payments. I don't get maternity leave this time as I have been a stay at home mum with Libby. My DH is able to get 2 weeks pay on minimum wages from the government here in Australia so we plan to use that at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->