~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I am starting my maternity on 18th July but finish work on 21st June. Taking leave for 4 weeks :) can't wait! I am having 50 weeks off altogether. Then I am back in work for about a month or so and taking redundancy! So really this is the end of my work :) exciting!

We went for our 4d scan Saturday and 100% boy :) loved every second of it :) he has a big stomach, measuring nearly 6 days ahead. Should that be a concern?

I have terrible pgp had it since 13 weeks, drs, midwife, consultant couldn't care less and told me to get on with it basically. I have been in a lot of pain, unable to walk a lot of the time. It's eased a bit now, well since the baby has been head down, still a bit of pain but no where near as bad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 1
I'm home now. The monitor is only picking up 3-4 contractions an hour. They said the dr doesn't get concerned until I'm having 6-7 contractions an hour. My uterus is also very irritable apparently. Baby is good :) my urine is showing some dehydration so I have to drink more water. Drs orders to take it easy tomorrow.

How are you doing this morning? I hope the contractions continued to subside. Glad to hear that Emma is doing great in there! :)

We've had a lot of great pics but the one of Connor and his Daddy is by far my favorite!! The one of Connor and I kangarooing is OH's fav...funny how that works ;)

Attachments

• MJ4A10971.jpg
    MJ4A10971.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 21
  • MJ4A0039-2.jpg
    MJ4A0039-2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 24
myra- glad to see you and connor are doing well!!! hope he gets strong enough to go home soon!!

regarding maternity leave here in the U.S. we get crap for maternity leave. it's usually 6 weeks unpaid unless you have vacation time saved up. However, my job offers short term disability that they pay for and pregnancy qualifies under that apparently. I can take 11 weeks off and get paid 66% of my salary. I'm thinking of starting maternity leave right after 4th of July if my doctor will sign off for me to have a couple weeks off before baby comes!!

myra- glad to see you and connor are doing well!!! hope he gets strong enough to go home soon!!

regarding maternity leave here in the U.S. we get crap for maternity leave. it's usually 6 weeks unpaid unless you have vacation time saved up. However, my job offers short term disability that they pay for and pregnancy qualifies under that apparently. I can take 11 weeks off and get paid 66% of my salary. I'm thinking of starting maternity leave right after 4th of July if my doctor will sign off for me to have a couple weeks off before baby comes!!

Thanks. Doctors say to expect him to come home around his due date, so we've got about another 2 months of him in NICU. Too overwhelming to think of it in that way. so we're doing our best to go day by day...

aww myra so glad you're managing to get cuddles! he sounds like he's doing fantastic! xx

june. hope everything subsided hun!

we get amazing leave here so i've actually only got 2 wks left now at work :D:D, then gotta take all my annual leave before mat leave plus i've some bank holiday time owed from having alex so my actual mat leave isn't starting until 1st july but will be off from 9th may :D:D, then won't have to go back until 1st july next yr! its ridiculous really but i'm not complaining ;)

baby has finally reached the stage where a friend was sat next to me and i didn't point it out that baby was moving but she caught the movement out the corner of her eye and was like 'woah' :rofl:

Thank you ladies so much!!! I'm resting today, still having contractions but not the 6 in an hour they said they worry about. Still about 3-4 an hour :-/ which worries me still. Anyways, I'm 30 weeks tomorrow and the dr still doesn't want to see me any sooner than my next appt in 2 weeks! I just hope I'm not dilating. I have a history of preterm labor with my first (being put on medication for it) and early dilation with both pregnancies starting about 32 weeks. Let's just hope she stays in there for at least 7 more weeks!

We've had a lot of great pics but the one of Connor and his Daddy is by far my favorite!! The one of Connor and I kangarooing is OH's fav...funny how that works ;)

Beautiful little prince Myra!! I bet you really enjoyed the cuddles :)

I am starting maternity leave on the 5 July, the day before LO is due, and taking 3 weeks annual leave before hand, so my last day in work will be the 13 June. Only 7 weeks to go! I have a few days holiday & BH holiday in the mix too, so only have 1 5 day week left. If I can build up enough flex, I might even be able to sneak in an extra day off.

Hope everyone who is suffering from pcd & other ailments feels better soon :hugs:

Myra - So pleased to hear Conor is doing well, hope he keeps getting better and you can take him home soon :hugs:

junemomma09 - Good to hear your little one is staying put - Hope she stays there a few more weeks x x :hugs:

I am starting my maternity on 18th July but finish work on 21st June. Taking leave for 4 weeks :) can't wait! I am having 50 weeks off altogether. Then I am back in work for about a month or so and taking redundancy! So really this is the end of my work :) exciting!

We went for our 4d scan Saturday and 100% boy :) loved every second of it :) he has a big stomach, measuring nearly 6 days ahead. Should that be a concern?

I have terrible pgp had it since 13 weeks, drs, midwife, consultant couldn't care less and told me to get on with it basically. I have been in a lot of pain, unable to walk a lot of the time. It's eased a bit now, well since the baby has been head down, still a bit of pain but no where near as bad.

I wouldn't be concerned my LO is measuring a week and a half ahead and her legs measure two weeks ahead they aren't worried at all. Babies grow at different paces so he could very well even off :) lovely photo!

Myra what lovely photos of your little man. Glad he is doing well. He's so tiny and precious!

Lovely to hear from you Myra. So so lovely to see you holding your sweet & strong baby boy - and looks like he's having a great convo with Daddy! :flower:

Libbymum you definitely are not being a hypercondriac, it's so painful but so hard to explain. I try not to moan too much but I'm sure my OH thinks I'm just whinging again. Night time and early morning are definitely the worst!

Junemomma, I hope your contractions are lessening. If you get worried ring the midwife, surely you shouldn't have that many contractions :wacko:, hope your little girl stays put for awhile yet.

Myra, your baby boy is beautiful, he is doing so well. All your pictures are gorgeous, what a stunning little boy. It's very strange to think our LOs are that size now. I hope he keeps getting stronger xx

Thank you for the update, Myra! The pictures are so cute :D Connor is an amazing young man!

June, glad you are resting today! I hope the contractions go away!

Thanks ladies, DH read about it on Wikipedia and was quite concerned for me last night so hope that he will step up and do a bit more for me. This morning he lifted Libby up to change table and down again so I wouldn't have to strain. It was very sweet. He wants me to go pester the doctors/nurses whomever I can down at the hospital to get a proper diagnosis. Where do you get those support belts/girdles from? I have no idea as I have never seen them in the stores around here.
Myra your little Connor is so cute! It must be so hard to have to leave him in the hospital so long but at the same time knowing he has the best of care there in the nicu. My close friend had hers at 32 weeks and was in for about another month before they could take her home. She is now a teething 7month old, eating solid foods and trying to learn how to crawl. :)
No car today so am just taking it easy.

junemomma, hope your contractions ease soon!! Definitely ring the ER/Midwife should you worry about anything!

Myra, Connor is so handsome!!! He has so much hair!! Thank you for sharing the pics with us. He's so tiny and wonderful!

Unfortunately with the sucky leave we get in the US, I can't take leave until Coltyn is born. (Unless the doc signs me off). But I had to put on my paper that I wouldn't leave until July 4th, Coltyns due date. I have 2 weeks vacation but I have to use 3 days this weekend for my cousins wedding and my OH's graduation on Monday. The rest is being used for my wedding May 25th and the honeymoon there after. I do have STD that I qualify for. I thank my friend for telling me to sign up before we got pregnant because if I was pregnant prior to signing up then I wouldn't qualify. I can get up to 3 months on STD but that's only if the docs allow me to be signed off for however long. I am hoping I don't have to go back at all but that's not looking good. Daycare cost is so ridiculous that most of my pay will be going out to it so it seems useless to work. OH is still working on trying to get into the Marines and if that doesn't work out then he's applying for the police. He's been waiting 2 weeks to hear back from the recruiters on the fact that he has scars on his eardrums from when he had tubes in his ears as a child. They said they'd have an answer in a day or two but here we sit 2 weeks still waiting.

Libbysmum, I got my maternity belt at Macy's. Though technically it is from Motherhood Maternity, they have a space there. Anyway, it was $18 so pretty inexpensive. It is modest enough to be worn under clothing though they did have another style that was much bulkier but looked to offer way more support.

Here's the one I got: https://www.motherhood.com/mobile/Product.asp?Product_Id=973050113&MasterCategory_Id=MC32

And the other style: https://www.motherhood.com/mobile/Product.asp?Product_Id=922000113&MasterCategory_Id=MC32

I really don't know if there are better options out there, mine works very well for me but again, no SPD (thank goodness)! Hope you find something that works for you :)

i wish we had better maternity leave here! i feel like employers and doctors here only care about you being physically healed from giving birth. they dont take into consideration the sleepless nights, the adjustments, the exhaustion, the separation anxiety. its hard going back after only 6 weeks!! luckily with my DD i went back 2-3 days a week at first and didnt go back full time until she was 3 months old. i might see if after my std is up i can go back part time to start!!

I got on the phone and made an appointment to see a physiotherapist tomorrow afternoon. I hope it will be worthwhile as usually my pains are not as bad at that time of the day...oh well will go and hope to get some advice from the lady and maybe some useful tips.

Good morning ladies! Hope this day finds you all well. So I've been referred to the high risk OB, currently sitting in the waiting room for my appointment. I think they're going to do an ultrasound. Hopefully all is well with my baby girl Emma!!! I love you sweetheart and mommy and daddy cannot wait to meet you!!!

On a happy note, I'm 30 weeks today! I can't believe how quickly my due date is approaching :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->