~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

my poor baby has D&V :(, DH stayed home with him today so I can hopefully get work done as its my last day tomorrow! :), just hoping we don't catch it now and he's on the mend!

Glad all the checkups are going well! we're really on the final count down now with most people having less than 10wks until edd!!

libbysmum, its def scary when stuff like that happens, i hope they fix your oven soon! I guess although it costs us to get stuff fixed, at least with not renting we can just get the people out to get it fixed, not rely on chasing others, good luck! xx

hey everyone i stayed home again today because i was so uncomfortable. i went and got a maternity support belt. those of you that have them were they uncomfortable at first?? i'm not sure if its just something that i have to get used to or if i'm wearing it wrong...

also, i found a new daycare for my daughter today i took her this afternoon to look at it and she didnt want to leave..i think because i made her leave the boy she was flirting with :haha:

Hey everyone, I've not posted much recently but I've been trying to keep up to date.
Can't believe I'm 31 weeks, never thought I'd get this far at all! Had appointment with midwife today and she is pleased with him. He is head down now not side on like last time. My iron is ok but a little on low side, she said to eat iron rich foods. Any suggestions?

Egg yolks are good for low iron, I have it too right now. I was surprised since I take a prenatal with iron in it.

I can copy/paste a list I found on the internet that I have on my fridge:

Very good sources of heme iron, with 3.5 milligrams or more per serving, include:

3 ounces of beef or chicken liver
3 ounces of clams, mollusks, or mussels
3 ounces of oysters
Good sources of heme iron, with 2.1 milligrams or more per serving, include:

3 ounces of cooked beef
3 ounces of canned sardines, canned in oil
3 ounces of cooked turkey
Other sources of heme iron, with 0.7 milligrams or more per serving, include:

3 ounces of chicken
3 ounces of halibut, haddock, perch, salmon, or tuna
3 ounces of ham
3 ounces of veal
Iron in plant foods such as lentils, beans, and spinach is nonheme iron. This is the form of iron added to iron-enriched and iron-fortified foods. Our bodies are less efficient at absorbing nonheme iron, but most dietary iron is nonheme iron.

Very good sources of nonheme iron, with 3.5 milligrams or more per serving, include:

Breakfast cereals enriched with iron
One cup of cooked beans
One-half cup of tofu
1 ounce of pumpkin, sesame, or squash seeds
Good sources of nonheme iron, with 2.1 milligrams or more per serving, include:

One-half cup of canned lima beans, red kidney beans, chickpeas, or split peas
One cup of dried apricots
One medium baked potato
One medium stalk of broccoli
One cup of cooked enriched egg noodles
One-fourth cup of wheat germ
Other sources of nonheme iron, with 0.7 milligrams or more, include:

1 ounce of peanuts, pecans, walnuts, pistachios, roasted almonds, roasted cashews, or sunflower seeds
One-half cup of dried seedless raisins, peaches, or prunes
One cup of spinach
One medium green pepper
One cup of pasta
One slice of bread, pumpernickel bagel, or bran muffin
One cup of rice

Sorry for the huge amount of space this post must take up :haha:

Sorry if TMI, but has anyone else started having a lot of bowel movements? Like I'm going a lot and I'm just like, how is there THAT much in there?

I ask myself the same question!

I recently (last 5-7 days) started going super often. I've always been regular and anytime I've had stuckies during this preg I just go for an intense walk and it comes right out :sick: :haha: but in the last little while I ave been having frequent BMs... 3 today! Lately 3 before noon, and not tiny amounts either, so I'm like, "where is this all coming from?!"

I did mention it to my doc at 30w3 while I was there for my appt. and she had me give 3 samples (such hell) but I haven't heard anything back yet. Initially I was concerned it was a 'clearing out' of sorts, but it's way too early for that - must just be new hormones... :shrug:

:hi:

Can my EDD be changed it got moved forward and forgot to say. It should be 6th July rather than the 10th.

Caro :hugs:
So glad it's your last day tho :thumbup:

How is everyone?

Xxx

My due date also got moved to June 30, have a feeling she will still be a July baby though as my ds went to 41 wks :)

Sorry if TMI, but has anyone else started having a lot of bowel movements? Like I'm going a lot and I'm just like, how is there THAT much in there?

I ask myself the same question!

I recently (last 5-7 days) started going super often. I've always been regular and anytime I've had stuckies during this preg I just go for an intense walk and it comes right out :sick: :haha: but in the last little while I ave been having frequent BMs... 3 today! Lately 3 before noon, and not tiny amounts either, so I'm like, "where is this all coming from?!"

I did mention it to my doc at 30w3 while I was there for my appt. and she had me give 3 samples (such hell) but I haven't heard anything back yet. Initially I was concerned it was a 'clearing out' of sorts, but it's way too early for that - must just be new hormones... :shrug:

I also was wondering the same thing, if it was the clearing out because the same thing happened before I went into labor with DS3. I can't remember if my plug came before or after the clearing though. But yes I have to agree it's far too early for that to start happening.

My 31 week appointment is today! :) can't believe how quickly this is going. Though it's seemed to slow down quite a bit. Probably because I haven't been working quite as much.

We are getting Emma's furniture, bedding and all her necessities she needs this weekend :) I'm so excited to get her room all ready and start packing out hospital bags. I just signed up for the labor and delivery tour at our hospital which I'm excited about. I'm also hoping I can get one of the last two spots for the sibling class for our youngest. My DD9 got to do the sibling class when she was 6 and she really enjoyed it. So I'm hoping we can snag one of the spots for DS3. It costs $15, but I'm broke till Friday so I'm praying it's still available otherwise he won't be able to do it :(

We landed safely (and early!) in Vegas last night :happydance: It is three hours earlier here because of the time change so we're up fairly early lol. The flight was surprisingly not that bad, we had one layover and it was long enough that we could sit down at a nice restaurant and eat while we waited to board our next flight. I thought being pregnant would have made flying miserable but it really wasn't. Though Aisling did NOT know what to think when we took off :haha: She was wiggling and kicking all silly.

My mom is flying in tomorrow night :D She is really excited to see my big belly, we haven't seen her since Christmas. I send her weekly pictures but she wants to feel kicks. :) And of course, the ultrasound Friday!!

I hope you ladies are well! Will update more later :)

I managed to unsubscribe AGAIN!! :dohh: I think it's being on my iPhone that does it. :dohh:

Hope everyone is doing ok, have been away on business yesterday and today so super tired so will do a proper catch up nearer the weekend.

Only 14 days to go at work :happydance: I can't wait - glad I don't have to stay as I would be killing my boss!!

Xx

Hope everyone is doing well x

caro103 - hope your little one is better soon x

tlh97990 - Good to hear you found a new day care centre. Hope you feel better soon x

wantingagirl - snap! My LO is due on 6 July too.

sue_88 - Hope your boss isn't giving you too much grief. Must be good to be in the home stretch, not long to go! I can't wait to start leave but have over a month to go yet.

LO has stopped puking fx'ed but still got diarrhea :(, hopefully he's on the mend now though!

I had my last day at work today :D:D, whoop whoop! not back until 1st july 2014...really not bad ;) xx

So jealous of everyone finishing work already! I finish next Friday and i am so ready to be done now :) x

What are peoples plans for Maternity leave?

I will have 5 weeks off (if she's on time!) before she's due and I am getting a little nervous that I will get bored!!

I will be going to Baby and Bump group on Tuesday afternoon, but other than that I don't have any plans (or friends really to see).

Planning on going for a walk each day....a short one :)

But other than that............Im stumped for things to do.....whilst attempting NOT to spend money.

well its a bit different for me this time as got LO to keep me very occupied and on the 2 days he does nursery i've got decorating etc to do, or maybe even rest :shock:

but last time by the end of pregnancy you're generally feeling pretty tired. I did get a little bored at times, but pottered round the house, did lots of nesting, went for walks or out with my mum. and more often than not had a nap in the afternoon! enjoy the peace Sue before LO arrives ;) xx

Spent 15 mins in the breech tilt position & 15 mins bouncing on the ball. I will turn this baby!!!

Think I'll go to my mum & dads for a week when my leave starts then just relax and enjoy my walks for the remaining weeks!

What are peoples plans for Maternity leave?

I will have 5 weeks off (if she's on time!) before she's due and I am getting a little nervous that I will get bored!!

I will be going to Baby and Bump group on Tuesday afternoon, but other than that I don't have any plans (or friends really to see).

Planning on going for a walk each day....a short one :)

But other than that............Im stumped for things to do.....whilst attempting NOT to spend money.

I will hopefully have 3 weeks before LO - I am keeping my fingers crossed that the builders will have finished in our house. Seems to be likely that I will be spending a lot of time cleaning & sorting out the house.

I am also hoping to have some chill out time, catching up on my reading, and watching some series on netflix. I also want to keep up with my swimming which is free at the local council pool - is there anything like this in your area?

30 weeks down, 10 to go. Starting to get anxious to meet my son and get everything ready. We have everything for the nursery but it is actually being stored right now and we haven't put anything together yet- I suppose I better get started! I have been practicing how to use my stretchy wrap with a doll- I'm actually pretty good at it now!

Hope all you other ladies and babies are doing well.

Also- is anyone here really obsessed/curious about what their baby is going to look like and what their personality is going to be like? I spend so much of every day now thinking about who the little person inside of me is.

Had my 32 week check up today!! Had the ultrasound and they said baby is measuring right on and weighs 4 lbs. I did the non stress test (NST) and found out I have to go back every week from here on out to do both of these over and over again!! I thought they told me every other week which makes me wonder if they aren't telling me something. My blood pressure is the lowest it's been since I've ever known which is 122/80 and urine is negative. So I don't know why I have to go back every week. I know I had high blood pressure with DS1 which is why they say they are doing the NST's but every week? They are showing I've gained a total of 10 lbs so far. So I'm still keeping on a good track! Hoping I don't gain too much more! This past weekend we went to my cousin's wedding and ate all kinds of good food! That I think caused me to have more weight gain this week. So I'm going to get back to my walking at breaks and eating better (at least until my wedding in 2 1/2 weeks!!!).

Hope all of you ladies are doing well!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->